Memories of an old friend

White ravens & Black Doves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok released a sigh as he sat in the garden, enjoying a glass of blood and the quietness. He closed his eyes as the wind blew across his face, the smell of flowers lingering in the air.

"Hoseok!"

Hoseok opened his eyes, looking for the person who had called him. He looked towards the back door of the mansion, his eyes greeted with a smiling Namjoon. "Namjoon," Hoseok acknowledge him "It's rare to see you so happy." He joked. Namjoon gave him a sheepish smile. "Really?" He asked. Hoseok chuckled "Well, what is it you want?" He asked the younger man. Namjoon hmmed and sat next to his tutor in silence.

"I have a request." Namjoon said in a serious tone, piquing Hoseok's interest. "It's about the guy you brought me." Namjoon added. "Do you want me to kill him or something?" Hoseok asked. Namjoon quickly shook his head "No! He's part of the family now." Namjoon replied quietly. Hoseok looked at him in shock "I see.... So what do you want me to do?" Hoseok wondered.

Namjoon gave him a small laugh, rubbing the back of his neck "I was wondering if you could tutor him, like how you used to tutor me, ya' know?" Namjoon requested. Hoseok gave him a look of doubt. "Namjoon....I don't think that's a good idea, the only reason your father let me tutor you was because you begged him. I....I'm in no position to tutor a freshly turned vampire. After all I...Just...I'm not exactly the best option is basically what I'm trying to say." Hoseok said.

Namjoon shook his head "No! That why I'm asking you because you know what it's like. You've been in his position before, Hoseok." Namjoon argued. Hoseok looked at the ground bitterly, memories resurfacing in his mind. He shook his head and looked back towards Namjoon "No, I'm sorr-"

"Hoseok, as your new leader, you do know you'll have to do it either way, right?" Namjoon said sternly, already knowing the answer. Hoseok sighed and looked down at his cup of blood, staring at his reflection. He chuckled "Of course you would pull the leader card Namjoon. Fine, I'll tutor him." Hoseok said, yielding to Namjoon's authority. Namjoon gave him a dimpled smile and threw his arm around his shoulder "Yay, okay then Hoseok, I'll leave you alone now." Namjoon said quietly, walking away from the man. Hoseok watched his retreating form, admiring how wide his shoulders had grown over the years.

'I remember when you were just born, Namjoon. You were barely the size of my forearm and now you're taller than me...' Hoseok reminisced. Hoseok turned his attention to the fountain, watching as water poured out the statue maiden's jar and into the pool of water that surrounded her. He reached down and allowed the tip of his fingers to run across the surface of the water, causing a rippling effect.

'Hoseok! Look there's a koi fish!' Hoseok closed his eyes, the familiar and heart warming memories of his older sister playing out in his mind.

He remembered sneaking out of their family home in order to go to the town next to their's to see a parade that was being held. It had been such a long time ago, he couldn't remember everything clearly, the only things he remembered was standing next to his sister, admiring the dancers and their showy outfits and the sound of a blood-curdling screams filling his ears.

"Hoseok! Hobi! Wake up!" Hoseok woke with a start, about to scream before his mouth was covered my a small and soft hand. "Shhhh! Don't wake up mother and father!" He heard his older sister whisper. "Hoseok! Let's sneak out." His sister suggested suddenly. He sat up, barely awake enough to comprehend what was happening. "Sneak out?" He repeated. He heard his sister let out a quiet girly giggle "Yes, one of my friends told me about a parade in the next town, and I want to go." She replied as she stood up. Hoseok frowned "I'm not sure that's a good idea." He replied.

"Come on Hobi! This is our last chance to do something together before mother and father send me away to that school." His sister said, spatting out the word school with disgust. Hoseok stared at her before finally agreeing. She smiled and grabbed his hand, dragging him out the house "Let's hurry! I want to be up in front when it starts!" She said gleefully.

When they made it into the next town, they saw bright lights and big banners hanging off every building. They carefully made their way towards the front, avoiding any possible obstacles. They both turned their attenti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter