understand

White ravens & Black Doves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since he was young, he had been told by every elder in his family to “Stay as far away from humans as you possibly can, Namjoon.”

At the time he didn’t really understand why. Why would he need to stay away? After all Vampires where way stronger than humans?

”Namjoon don’t stray to far away okay?” His mother said. 

“Okay mother!” He yelled as he ran through the wide field. His mother had decided to take him on a picnic since he had been doing nothing but studying the past few days. He ran and ran, not noticing he had ran so far his mother was no longer in sight. 

He hummed, debating on whether to keep exploring or return back to his mother. While he had his internal debate, he felt himself tense up when he felt someone close. He quickly twirled around and made eye contact with a boy around his age who was peeking at him from behind a tree. The boy flinched “I-....” 

Namjoon stood rock still, unsure of what to do. This boy was a human, he could smell him. 

“You’re a vampire?” The boy asked, his voice small. Namjoon nodded slowly.

”That’s so cool! I’ve heard about you guys!” The boy said cheerfully as he stepped from behind the tree, a bright smile adorning his face.

Namjoon took a step back “You’re a human?” He asked back. The boy nodded, his smile never leaving his face.

It was tense at first, but as times passed he became more comfortable around the boy. They would come back to the spot and spend time together. Namjoon would tell him about how he didn’t really know many other vampires because vampires would isolate themselves in their home more than go out, And the boy would tell him about how humans would always greet each other in the streets and about how his family cared and loved for each other.

Namjoon would bring him books that his mother and him both loved, resulting in the boy to also bring him books he enjoyed. Namjoon found great pleasure in reading them. The books bringing him new feelings of happiness and thoughts and ideas of loving others no matter who they were. These things started blooming in his mind.

Namjoon found his first love.

But then one day, when he went to their usual spot the boy didn’t come. He waited hours but the boy never showed. He wondered if something had happened. Upset, Namjoon made his way home. 

The next day, Namjoon made his way back to the spot. He expected to see the boy again which he did but not in the way he had hoped for. There, hanging from the tree they usually spent time under, was his friend with a rope around his neck. The sight of his pale blank face burning into his brain. He felt tears burn in his eyes.

 He jumped when he heard a branch snap behind him. Before he knew it he was surrounded by humans carrying weapons. He fell back, his tears falling down his face. “It’s him!” One of them yelled, reaching towards him. Namjoon quickly grabbed a rock from the ground and threw it at the man, distracting all the others.

Taking the opportunity, he jumped up and sprinted towards his home, the sound of heavy footsteps following him filling his ears. He let out a painful gasp when he felt something scratch him his leg. He stumbled and fell to his knees, belatedly realizing they were shooting at him. He felt a sting in his leg that felt like it was slowly moving around his body. What was this?

He stood up and limped as fast as he could, which was pretty fast, towards his house. He couldn’t help but let out a agonizing scream when his leg started to feel like it was burning. Thankfully, he was nearing closer to his home.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter