Ch. Four

Cruel Fate?
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next morning Bomi, Eunji and Namjoo sharing the chores as Hyojin ajumma need to go somewhere.

“Eonni, I think Hyojin ajumma is hiding something from us.” Namjoo said to Bomi.

“Then she must have a reason to do that. Let’s just wait until she told us what was happened.”

“How can you always do that, eonni? Are you not curious at all?”

“Of course I am. But Namjoo-ya, if we push Hyojin ajumma to talk, she’ll feel burden by it. She’s sick now, we need to lessen her burden so she’s not getting stress over it. Stress is the last thing she need for her health.”

“Ne, I get it, Eonni.”

“Bom-ah, help me with the kids please.” Eunji come and ask for help.

“Oh, okay. Namjoo-ya, you only need to fry this, you can do this alone right?”

“Ne, eonni.”

 

“Help the boys with their stuff, Bom-ah.”

Bomi nodded and start to grab the kids’ bags, “Minwoo, Hyunwoo, are you guys in your room?”

“Ne, nuna.” Both of them answer in unison and Bomi enter their room.

“Let’s see..” Bomi open their bag and give it to them, “Let’s check it out.”

Bomi read their subject for today’s class while Minwoo and Hyunwoo check if they already had the book in their bag.

“Done.” Bomi open the wardrobe and grab clothes for them, “Let’s get ready and have breakfast after this.”

“Bomi nuna.” Minwoo said.

“Hmm, why?”

“Is Hyojin ajumma sick?”

Bomi surprised with the question but tried to act calm, “Why did you ask that?”

“I met ajumma in the morning when I want to go to bathroom. She just got out of the bathroom and I can see her winced in pain before she smiled at me.”

“Really? Is ajumma going to hospital now, nuna?” Hyunwoo asked.

“No, she’s meeting with her friend now.”

“So she’s not sick?” Hyonwoo asked.

“Hmm, well.. That’s true ajumma is sick, but she already went to doctor so don’t worry too much, okay?”

“Okay.” Minwoo said.

Bomi smiled and continue to help them getting ready. After the kids finished getting ready, they gather in dining room to have breakfast together. It was lively breakfast, full of chat and laughs and makes Bomi looking forward living with them from now on.

---

 

Hyojin ajumma arrived at Mr. Wang office after 3-hour drive. She got a message from Mr. Wang last night to meet him in the office if she has something to talk about.

“Good morning Hyojin-ssi.”

“Good morning Mr. Wang.”

“So what can I help you with Hyojin-ssi?”

“I’ve got some news about Baekhyun, Mr. Wang.”

“Wang Eun.”

“Ne?”

“He’s Wang Eun now. Please address him like that.”

“Oh, right. Wang Eun.”

“What’s the news about him?”

“Yesterday Wang Eun’s father comes to foster home and ask for him.”

Mr. Wang frowns as soon as he heard that, “His father?”

“Ne, Mr. Wang. He was desperately looking for him from long time ago but he couldn’t find him.”

“Didn’t you say that he was abandoned by his parent?”

“That’s what I assumed as I find him outside the house and he never said anything about his family.”

“And maybe that’s what happened. Maybe the man who’s claimed to be his father is lying. How can you be so sure about it?”

Hyojin ajumma got quiet for a second, “I don’t know Mr. Wang. That’s just how I felt after met his father.”

“What does he ask from you?”

“Actually he wants to take him home. But I told him he can’t just do that as Wang Eun has a new family who’s taking care of him now.”

“How much did you tell him about Wang Eun?”

“I just told him that he was adopted 15 years ago, that’s it.”

“Good. If he comes again to foster home tell him that you couldn’t contact me yet, so he need to wait a little bit more.”

“But Mr. Wang, isn’t it better to meet him and find out about what happened to Wang Eun?”

“Just tell me about his father, I’ll take care of it by myself.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“I mean, let me find ou

Please log in to read the full chapter