Ch. Eleven

Cruel Fate?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Bomi who’s getting ready to accompany Hyojin Ajumma to hospital got message from Wang Eun and it marks their conversation in a whole week without missing a day. And the surprising thing was, Wang Eun is the one who contacted her first, always. Bomi not even surprised anymore and just felt like they just exchanging message like a friend do.

From : CEO Wang

Message: Morning Bomi-ssi! :) Have you left to the hospital?

From : Yoon Bomi

Message: In a moment. I really hope I can hear good news today.

From : CEO Wang

Message: I hope so too. Well then, be careful on your way out. I’ll be waiting for the good news from you.

From : Yoon Bomi

Message: Ne, thank you CEO Wang.

 

Hyojin Ajumma gets out from her room and signaling Bomi that she was ready to leave. Bomi nodded and wrap her hand around Hyojin Ajumma arm and said, “Let’s go.”

“Why are your hands so colds?” Hyojin Ajumma asked.

“Ah, really?”

“It’s not like it was our first hearing. Don’t be so nervous.” Hyojin Ajumma pats Bomi’s hand.

“Ajumma, everything gonna be alright. Believe it.”

“I know, I have you beside me, of course everything is going to be fine.”

“That’s right, I’m here.” Bomi smiled trying to not making her nervous state even more obvious.

“Promise me that you’ll prepare for the better or for worse, Bom-ah. Sometimes there’s thing that unfortunately we can’t do anything about it.”

Bomi face turn stiff, but then she manages to bring back her smile, “Let’s keep positive until we hear what doctor will say.”

“Yeah.”

 

Bomi and Hyojin Ajumma arrived at hospital and wait for their turn to come. After about 20 mins, the nurse call Hyojin Ajumma name and both of them come inside the examination room to hear the doctor plan for Hyojin Ajumma therapy. The doctor said it was good thing that Hyojin Ajumma hemoglobin level was up and the cancer hasn’t progress from the last time they check. Doctor starts to schedule the chemotherapy for her and explain what to expect from the therapy. Bomi and Hyojin Ajumma agree for the therapy and they leave the hospital after that.

“Things must be hard for you when I start the therapy.” Hyojin Ajumma said.

“What are you saying. Of course not. I’m afraid the otherwise, Ajumma.” Bomi said with sad face.

“You must be reminded about your mother. I’m sorry for making you facing this thing twice.”

“Stop saying sorry, Ajumma. None of it was your fault. It’s just such a cruel fate for us.”

“Don’t say that, sometime you just didn’t know yet what’s the big plan that lies ahead of us. Everything happens for a reason.” Hyojin Ajumma smiled and Bomi just sigh after hear Hyojin Ajumma words to her. They continue to walk and start to talk about something else before they realized they come near to Bomi workplace.

“Since we arrive at your workplace, you didn’t have to accompany me back, Bom. You can go to work and I’ll be heading home by myself.”

“But –”

“I’m doing fine. You heard what the doctor said right?”

“Okay, I get it. But promise me to get rest first after you arrive.”

“I promise.” Hyojin Ajumma relieved that she can go home first and takes care of the neighborhood thing without Bomi knowing.

Bomi waved at her and soon enter her workplace after Hyojin Ajumma has walked quite far.

 

When she was taking lunch break, Bomi look at her phone checking for messages and calls. Some messages from a group chat and two missed call. Before Bomi can check who was calling her, her phone ringing and ‘CEO Wang’ name show up in caller ID.

“Hello.” Bomi answer the call right away.

“Finally you are taking a break.”

“Ah, are you the one who called me earlier?”

“Yeah, twice. I thought you lie to me about your break time.”

“Ne?”

“It was a joke.” Wang Eun laughed and Bomi too.

“Have you eaten yet, CEO Wang?”

“I’m about to after talking to you. How was the hospital result?”

“Thankfully we heard good news today. Hyojin Ajumma will start the chemo and we will wait and see how it will go.”

“Good to hear that. You must be relieved.”

“Yes, for now.”

“I don’t know how to comfort you but I sincerely hope that you will always get to hear good news about it.”

“Thank you, CEO Wang.”

“Ah, Bomi-ssi, I need to ask you something.”

“Ne, please talk, CEO Wang.”

“You’ve got almost half of the agreement letter right?”

“Yes. Do I need to complete it earlier than the plan?”

“No, no. I need to you to give me the consent you have so far. Can you do that?”

“Of course. I can bring it to you tomorrow.”

“Good. Come here around lunchtime, I will treat you something good here.”

“Ne? No, no need to do that. As I said I’ve been thankful enough for your help. So no need to compensate for what I did, CEO Wang.”

“It’s not because of what you did with the paper, Bomi-ssi.”

“Then, why bother to treat me lunch. I’m fine, really.”

“Because I want it. I want to get to know you better, Bomi-ssi.”

Bomi fell into silent because she didn’t expect to hear that from Wang Eun. Get to know me better? Huh? Is he meant he want to be friend with me? Or am I misunderstand about it?

“Bomi-ssi? Are you there?”

“Ne? Ah, ne.”

“At any rate, I’ll expect you come around lunchtime tomorrow. If you reject my lunch offer, I’ll be so disappointed in you, Bomi-ssi. Then, see you tomorrow.” Wang Eun didn’t give Bomi a room to argue about it.

“Ne, CEO Wang.”

Aw, how can I feel embarrassed about it, Wang Eun thought. As expected, doing this kind of thing is totally cringeworthy. Oh God, my cheeks hot. Wang Eun cupped his cheeks and start to getting himself back to serious mode. Bomi in the other hand still puzzled about Wang Eun said to her.

 

---

 

Bomi arrive at W.E Property office around lunchtime just

Please log in to read the full chapter