Ch. One

Cruel Fate?
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Happy New Year!!” Eunji, Namjoo and I were screaming with the top of our lungs after countdown to New Year together. As usual we come back to our foster home to celebrate every New Year there. We promise to do that after we finally move out from our foster home to live an independent life. Here, we will catch up each other’s life and share our plan for one year ahead.

“Eunji-ya, now tell us already what is the secret you kept from us. I’m really curious you know.” I asked.

“Ah right. Good things you mention that Bomi eonni.” Namjoo said.

“I’ll tell you later after our sisters and brother goes to sleep.” Eunji said and then clap her hands to gather everyone’s attention, “Now, its first day of 2017, let’s pray together for another blessing year and after that, our cutie dongsaengs will go to sleep and have nice dreams.”

“I still want to play little longer Eunji eonni.” Minseo said.

“Ay, you need to sleep so you can grow. Don’t you say you want to become a model?” Eunji asked and Minseo just nodded, “That’s why you need to sleep after this so you can grow well, okay?”

“Okay, Eunji eonni.”

“Shall we start our pray then?” Hyojin ajumma, our “mother” here at foster home asked and we agreed.

We gather together, kneel down and Hyojin ajumma start to lead our praying. Hyojin ajumma then will end the prayer with saying our name one by one asking for blessing year and that’s when I always be reminded of Baekhyun oppa as Hyojin ajumma always include his name in our prayer.

Baekhyun oppa, he is also one of the kids that stay with us in this foster. But he just stayed for about six months before someone adopted him. Last time I saw him was in the hospital after he had an accident in our foster home, and then, the next day he was gone and Hyojin ajumma said that good person adopted him as their son. I still remember how I forced myself to not being sad with the news at that time, since it was actually good news that he can have a family. But still, even after all these years, every time I reminded of him, I still feel a little bit sad that he was gone like that, without any farewell and without any news after he leaves.

“Bomi-ah!” Eunji makes me comeback to my sense.

“Ah, oh..” I open my eyes and stuttered as I speaking.

“Are you praying or sleeping, eonni?” Namjoo said with laugh and I realized I still in my prayer position while everyone already get up. Our sisters and brother start to laugh too and I just chuckled and start to get up.

---

 

Eunji, Namjoo and I go to our room after reading bedtime stories for our dongsaengs. Now we’re getting ready to hear Eunji secret.

“So, the thing is, you two knew that I’ve spend last Christmas with Chanyeol’s family right?” Namjoo and I nodded, “Something happened before I’ve got there.” Eunji said with big smile.

“OMG!” Namjoo and I shrieked together, “Don’t tell me…” I said.

“He proposed to you, eonni?” Namjoo couldn’t help but asking immediately.

“Yes. We’re getting married this year.”

“Congratulation Eunji-ya!” “Omo, eonni, how can you just tell us now! Congratulation, eonni.”

“Thanks girls. We’re making good decision right? I mean, we’re not rushing thing as we just in our early twenties?”

“Of course, you two will make a great couple, Eunji-ya.” I said and Namjoo nodded in agreed.

“I’m really happy for you, eonni.” Namjoo said and hugged her and I was waiting for my chance to do the same before Hyojin ajumma knock on our door.

I stand up and open the door for her, “You girls haven’t sleep yet?” Hyojin ajumma asked.

“Not yet. Come in, ajumma.”

“I think you girls were having good time.”

“Ne ajumma, Eunji told us that she’ll get married this year.” I explained to her.

“Really? With Chanyeol?”

Please log in to read the full chapter