Ch. Ten

Cruel Fate?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Bomi come to Jinyoung house after contact Wang Eun to ask about the limit time for the project. Jinyoung grandma open the door for her and ask her to come first to wait for Jinyoung.

“Jinyoung has been talking about you yesterday. He must be really like to spend time with you.”

“Because it’s been a while since we’ve met, Halmeoni.”

“But even at night he still talking with you all night long. I just overheard a little but I can feel that he can’t hide his feeling.” Jinyoung grandma smiled.

“Last night? I didn’t talk to him last night, Halmeoni.”

“It wasn’t you?”

“No, Halmeoni. Probably he was talking to his other friend.” Bomi said while holding back her sad feeling thinking it was probably the girl that Jinyoung talked about.

“But he was sounded so happy like when he was talking to you.”

“Ay, halmeoni, your grandson is happy, why are you looking all sad like that.”

“I still thought it’ll be great if Jinyoung and you become a couple. You are perfect for him.”

“Halmeoni, you still talking about that.” Jinyoung come from behind his grandmother, “Bomi and I are best friend and we’ll keep it that way. Right Bom?”

“Yup.” Bomi answer cheerfully and hope she can hide her feeling completely with her expression, “Are you that sad I didn’t become your granddaughter, Halmeoni.”

“Yes, where will I find granddaughter like you.” Jinyoung grandmother hug Bomi and Bomi hug her back.

“Aw..” Jinyoung tried to join the hug but his grandma shove him playfully, “Don’t disturb our moment you rascal.”

“Heol!”

After they broke the hug Bomi added, “I will always become your granddaughter even without marrying that rascal, Halmeoni.”

“Yah stop with the rascal thing. I’m good grandson.” Jinyoung said while posing cute expression and makes Bomi and his grandma laughed.

“We’ll get going then, Halmeoni.” Bomi said.

“Be careful you two. Comeback for lunch later okay.”

“Ne, Halmeoni.” Jinyoung said and two of them leaving the house.

 

“My grandma saying the same thing yesterday. I guess she got wrong idea because I got too excited while talking about you. I mean, how come I’m not when we didn’t meet for so long.”

“Yah, no need to explain. You make it become awkward. She’s just saying it. No need to be serious about it.”

“Good thing you didn’t feel too serious about it.”

“Ay.. As if I want to become your lover.”

“Yah, what’s wrong with me. I’m good looking –”

“Aw, seriously.” Bomi cut off his talk, “How come you shamelessly said that first.”

“Aish you.” Jinyoung nudge her and Bomi just laughed, “As expected, we will be nothing more than best friend.” Jinyoung added and Bomi stop laughing and later nodded in agreement.

 

At Wang Eun’s Office.

 

Jong-in come to Wang Eun office to report about Hit Property progress on Boryeong project. Although Jong-in repeatedly asking about how the investor react about Hit Property proposal, Wang Eun seems distracted and didn’t give a proper answer.

“Did something happen between you and Soo-jung?”

“Hmm, what?”

“What the.. Are you sick?”

“No, I’m fine. So how about the legal right for us?”

“CEO Wang, I already explain that. Seriously, why are you so distracted right now?”

“Ah, sorry. Can you explain that again.”

“Should I call Soo-jung for you?”

“No, it’s not about Soo-jung.” Wang Eun sigh.

“I don’t think you can focus about our project right now. Tell me, what’s bothering you?”

“I just got a weird dream that’s all.”

“Yeah, right. That’s all. But it kept you from back to your sense. What was that about?”

Wang Eun wasn’t sure if he should told him about it, “Nah, it’s not a big deal. Really.”

“You didn’t trust me hyung?”

“It’s not that.” Wang Eun scratch his head, “Okay, I’ll tell you. Just, don’t think too much about it okay. It’s just a weird dream.”

“I’m not making any promise.”

“Forget it then.”

“Instead, I promise I’ll not judge you. How about it?”

Wang Eun scoff, “You’re unbelievable you know that.” Jong-in just shrugged.

“I was dreaming about me when I was a child. It never happened before so I’m a bit surprised about it. And what’s more is, I have this feeling that it was happened in real life. I don’t know why I feel this since it was not making any sense.”

“Why not? I thought you didn’t remember about your childhood life, so how can you know it wasn’t making any sense?”

Wang Eun hesitates once again, “Just because.”

“Ugh, come on. You know how annoying I can be when I curious about something. You sure you can handle me?” Jong-in squinting his eyes to look more intimidating.

“Okay, okay. Damn where did you learn that look.”

“I learn from the best, Satansoo.”

“Who?”

“Nevermind, just tell me about your dream.”

“I was dreaming about this twice, there’s a girl who tried to play with me but I just ignoring her since I’m not comfortable at that time. I didn’t know the girl, but in second dream, the girl introduces herself as Yoon Bomi.”

“What? Yoon Bomi? Isn’t that the name of the woman who came here last time?”

“That’s why I said it wasn’t making any sense. But it’s just that, I still have this feeling that the dream is repeating the scene from my memory. I don’t know why. It’s confusing.”

“If that’s true, than you and Bomi-ssi were childhood friend?”

“I told you it’s not possible. I remember my parent told me that my close childhood friends are Soo-jung and Junmyeon hyung. Even Soo-jung never shares any story that mention Bomi name in it.”

“Then maybe it’s the other thing.”

“What?”

“Maybe you just attracted to her and unconsciously mix her in your dream. That’s the only reason if she’s not your childhood friend.”

“Yah, don’t start to teasing me.”

“I’m not. It’s possible you know, admitted or not. If you didn’t like the idea, maybe you two were secret childhood friend.”

“Mwoya..” Wang Eun rolled his eyes because of Jong-in statement.

“When you two met last time, she didn’t say anything about know each other before?”

“Of course n–” Wang Eun stop as he remember last time Bomi calling him Baekhyun out of nowhere. Ay, impossible. She called me Baekhyun, not Wang Eun. Not possible we knew each other.

“Yah.” Jong-in waved his hand in front of Wang Eun face.

“No, she never said that.” Wang Eun clear his throat, “And it’s not because I attracted to her either. It’s just a weird dream I need to forget.”

Jong-in chuckled, “If you say so. Just make sure you’re not gonna regret it later.”

“Why would I.”

“Well, we’ve been doing “harm” project for her, remember?”

Then something hit him and makes him slightly uncomfortable. Don’t be affected, Wang Eun. She’s no one. More important is to show your father that you can do something big in this business world. “I remember, and it’s not my concern.” Wang Eun said with confidence.

“Okay. Let’s start our business talk again then.”

 

---

 

At the end of the week, Bomi start to find difficulties to make the tenants sign the agreement paper. They didn’t believe that company will really save them, and they talk like they’ve been told by someone about it. And since Jinyoung need to go back to his study, Bomi even more worried how to get their understanding. Just when she takes a break after going door to door explaining how to save their neighborhood, her phone ringing. She smiled looking at the caller ID.

“Hello CEO Wang.”

“Hello Bomi-ssi, is it okay to talk right now?”

“Yes it’s okay, CEO Wang. What is it?”

“How are you Bomi-ssi?”

“Ne?” Bomi surprised to hear that question, “I’m fine CEO Wang. Thank you for asking.”

“That’s good to hear. I just want to know if you’re doing fine since you never contact me ever since you ask about time limit.”

“Ah, sorry CEO Wang, you must be curious about how the things going.”

“No, no. I’m concern about you, Bomi-ssi.”

Bomi slightly blush to hear about it even though she shouldn’t.

“Since I can’t help you there, I just concern if you find it difficult to working on the agreement thing.”

“No, it’s really fine, CEO Wang.”

“I see. Have you had your lunch yet Bomi-ssi?”

“Not yet, I’m about to after meeting one more person.”

“You shouldn’t forget to eat on time, Bomi-ssi. You can get sick if you neglect it. And I’m not gonna like it if I find out you’re sick because of the job.”

Bomi smiled as she remember Baekhyun once said something similar to her, “I get it Oppa. Ah, I’m sorry. I mean CEO Wang.” Bomi immediately correct her slip of tongue and hope Wang Eun didn’t feel offended because of it.

“Hahaha, did I nagging you like your older brother?”

Bomi relieved that Wang Eun just laughing at her mistake, “No, it’s not like that. I’m sorry, CEO Wang.”

“No, it’s okay. But, are you younger than me? How old are you Bomi-ssi?”

“I’m 21 years old.”

“Oh, then I’m really an Oppa.” Wang Eun chuckled, “I’m one year older than you. If you really more comfortable to call me Oppa, I don’t mind, Bomi-ssi.”

“No, CEO Wang. It was a mistake. But I never thought you’re just one year older than me.”

“Did I look much older than that?”

“No, no. It’s not that.” Bomi said in panic voice, “I mean, since you’re a CEO, I thought you at least 28 years old. I’m sorry.”

“Why do you keep saying sorry. Hahaha. I’m not gonna angry over small thing like that. Take it easy, Bomi-ssi.”

“Thank you, CEO Wang. You’re really great to become CEO in such really young age.”

“Ah.. Well, thanks to family business for that.”

“I see. But still, to be able to handle such big job, you must be really good at it.”

“Thanks for the compliment.” How I wish I can show my father so he can say the same thing as you said, Wang Eun thought, “Well then, I’m glad to know that you’re fine. Don’t ever hesitate if you want to ask me about anything. Even if it’s not related to your neighborhood project.”

“Ne, CEO Wang. I already complete half of the agreement paper. I’ll be more active to report the things to you.”

“Okay. I’ll be waiting for your contact. It’s nice to talk to you Bomi-ssi.”

“Me too, CEO Wang. Fighting for your job today.”

“You too., Bomi-ssi.” Wang Eun then hang up the phone.

 

Just one call and I get my spirited back. How I wish I can do the same to CEO Wang. He’s really good person just like Baekhyun Oppa, and he’s even have same age as Baekhyun Oppa too. What a coincidence. If I ever meet Baekhyun Oppa, I’ll take

Please log in to read the full chapter