Ch. Nine

Cruel Fate?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wang Eun finished his work and call Soo-jung as soon as he can.

“Hello Oppa.” Soo-jung answered after the phone rang few times.

“Hello Soo-jung-ah. Where are you now?”

“Your office lobby.”

“Huh? How come?”

“To pick you up. You’ve done with your job right oppa?”

“Yeah, I’ll go to the lobby then.”

“Okay Oppa.”

 

Wang Eun goes to the lobby and meets Soo-jung who’s sitting alone in the lobby.

“Oi Soo-jung.”

Soo-jung turn to Wang Eun direction, “Oh Oppa.” She stand up and smiled brightly.

“Why are you here? I can come to your work place and we can go together from there.”

“I’ve finished earlier than I thought, so I came here to pick you up.”

“Should we go now? Where’s your manager?”

“He’s leaving already. I told him we will go by ourselves.”

“Ah, is that so.. Let’s go then.”

“Let’s go.” Soo-jung wraps her hands around Wang Eun arm, “It’s been a while we go together with public transportation. Do you remember we made our parents worried so much when we were little because we go by ourselves by train? And when you were scolded alone I know I should’ve felt sorry, but I just couldn’t since I was so excited back then.” Soo-jung laughed and Wang Eun just smiled in return. Everytime Soo-jung told story about their childhood memories it’s just felt so distance for him. He didn’t remember anything about it. Not even in slightness recollection scene.

Sometimes he wondered is that really happened. Is Soo-jung really talked about him or maybe she mistakes him for someone else. That kind of thought occurred when he just couldn’t seem to remember anything, but he then ignore it and just smile and laugh along with her as if he remember it.

 

---

Bomi go back to her house after spending time with Jinyoung. Bomi back with mixed emotion, happy to finally meet him again and catch up each other story just like the old days but at the same time she was sad about something. Jinyoung told her that he found someone he likes in his campus. Not that Bomi didn’t expect it, but still, to know that she just can be friend, no more no less, it still gave her an unpleasant feeling.

She need to forget it or else it will be awkward to spend more time with him, and it shouldn’t have happen since they even made a plan for tomorrow to start getting consent from some tenants who didn’t have any place to go if they leave. And then Bomi will tell Hyojin Ajumma the last since by making her sign it Hyojin Ajumma will knew about the renovation thing. Bomi want her to not stress by it so Bomi want to tell her when she can assure everything is gonna be alright.

Namjoo open the door for her and ask her excitedly about Bomi’s “date”.

“You owe me thanks for your date today eonni. Pay me with tell me about it.”

“Yah, it’s not a date. We were just hanging out in park just like old days, mostly talk about our plan to save the neighborhood. Nothing to be excited about.”

“Mwoya, you two really just talk about it? I mean, really?”

“Yes, really. Where are Ajumma and the kids?” Bomi tried to change the subject.

“Haa. You two are really frustrating people. I made an excuse with using the neighborhood issue, that doesn’t mean you two really just take care of it and then leave.”

“He have someone he likes in his campus, Namjoo-ya. Better to not making a mistake and then lost him as a friend.”

“What? Are you serious eonni? He told you that?”

“Yes, that’s why let’s drop it. Is Ajumma with the kids now?”

“Oh.” Namjoo nodded, “I’ll go to the kids’ room then.” Bomi said.

 

Bomi open the kids’ room and find Hyojin Ajumma helping the kids with their homework.

“Oh, Bomi-ya, you’re home.”

“Ne, Ajumma. Minwoo, Hyunwoo, nuna will help you two okay.” Bomi sit in the middle of Minwoo and Hyunwoo.

Later Namjoo coming too and replace Hyojin Ajumma to help with the homework since Hyojin Ajumma need to cook for dinner.

Hyojin Ajumma still puzzled with her conversation with Mr. Wang. She stood for a while before can move to the kitchen. Once she in the kitchen she start preparing for the food but still, her mind keep thinking about what she need to do about it.

Should I tell Bomi about it so she can help me convince the other? But I can’t tell her how I know about Baekhyun plan since I can’t tell her about Baekhyun yet. Maybe I can just pretend that I heard another rumor from neighbor and want to prepare for it. She’s not gonna be suspicious about it I guess. Hyojin Ajumma continues to cook while still thinking best way to talk about it to Bomi.

Bomi and Namjoo finished with helping the kids and they go to the kitchen to help Hyojin Ajumm while the kids start to take bath.

“Oh, it’s rare to see you work with slow speed Ajumma.” Namjoo said.

“Did I?”

“Ne, usually you already almost finished one cooking by this time.” Namjoo added.

“Are you per

Please log in to read the full chapter