Chapter 2

The Promised Bridge

I was lying in my room, sleeping as usual. After months of non-stop work. Being an idol is fun, but tiring as well. So days off are a blessing to me. I was fast asleep, in my dreamland, when suddenly a voice woke up me.

“Sica! Sica Yah! Hey Sica! Wake up! Do you plan to sleep the whole day again?!”.

It was Yuri. One of my best friends, and my group member. I groan, to let her know to leave me alone. But she was persistent as always.

“Sica! Come on, wake up! If not I’ll tell Doohae ‘No’ to his message call!”.

My eye shot open. I immediately sat up, and gave her my icy glare, ‘Doohae?’, I asked calmly. Yuri nodded her head while swallowing a lump in down.

“He asked whether you could go meet him. He said it was something important.”

After hearing what Yuri said, I immediately run for the bathroom. But I was stopped in my tracks when I remembered I didn’t return his call. I yelled to Yuri to tell him to meet me at the park, where he first met me. After hearing Yuri say ‘yes’, I jumped in the shower.

It took me an hour of getting change, and coming here. Doohae wasn’t here. So I sat on the bench that was under a tree. I was just about to doze off, when I heard a familiar voice saying, “You could always sleep anyway.”.

I looked up to see Doohae standing next to me.

I jumped up, and whispered ‘Hey babe’, in English, because I knew that he would love that.

But instead he looked at me with serious eyes. I started to get nervous, Doohae was never like this with me. Even when I was at my worst.

‘Walk with me.’ He said, as he turns to walk without waiting to hear my answer.

I half ran to catch up with him. But as I walked with him I could feel the tension. Something was wrong, terribly wrong.

We continued to walk in silent, until we reached the swings. The very spot where I first met him.

He stopped and turned to me, and gave me the same look. My palms got sweaty. Then he said the very words, I knew he was going to say, but wished against it.

 

It as been a week since what happen between me and Doohae. I still couldn’t believe those words he said to me. I thought we were soul mates.

I laid on bed and stared at the ceiling, allowing the nothingness to take me away. But the voices outside my bedroom broke my trance.

“I can’t take it anymore!” I knew that was Yuri,

“Calm down. She needs her space and time Yul.” That was Tae,

“Move aside!” shouted Yuri, as she burst into my room, glaring down at me. But all I could do is stare back.

“Get up! And get changed! We’re going out!” Yuri yelled,

“No.” Was all I could answered. But Yuri wouldn’t hear. After an hour of nags, arguing, and screaming. She finally got me to go out with her. Fany and Tae came along too, they wanted to make sure, we or more like I don’t blow up.

We went everywhere, from shopping mall to movies to game arcade to food stalls. Finally we were at the bridge that was near the dorms.

I was just about to tell them that I’ve had enough, when I saw an angel sent down from heaven. Tanned skin, hair that was silky smooth dark brown (at first I thought it was black, but thanks to the way the sun was with the clouds, I saw the brown that was hiding.) well build, a bit taller than me, and eyes that were the perfect brown to match everything. I stared in awe. I didn’t know that angels were here on earth until now.

I stood there staring. I couldn’t hear or see anything nor anyone. I was broke out of my trance, when I saw my angel turning to look at me. I expected a puzzled look or an raised eyebrow, but what I got was a warm smile, and a light bow. I felt as if my heart just flew out of this world. I continued to stand there and stare at the back of the angel.

After the back figure of my angel disappeared, I was back on earth. And snap! I was back to hearing, Yuri, Tae and Fany’s voice.

“Sica! Yah Sica! What are you staring at?! Someone you know?!” they asked,

‘No. An angel.’ I answered as I walked back to the dorms.

“Angel? What angel? I think she’s light head. She should lie down.” I could hear them say.

When we got back, Yoona greeted us, and told us that Oppa manager called saying that we have to fly to Japan for a special show. My heart sank when I heard that, but I just nodded in response and head to my room.

After changing back into my pyjamas, I laid on my bed, and stared at the ceiling. Thinking of what happened today, and of the angel I saw. My heart sank again, when I thought that I wouldn’t get to see my angel again soon. As I thought of these events, I drifted off to sleep.

After a month in Japan we finally got back. While everyone was dumping their bags in their rooms, or just flopping on the couch. I quickly changed and freshen up and ran out the door.

“Where are you going?” I could hear the others asking, but I didn’t stop. For the whole month I thought of nothing but that bridge and that angel I saw.

It was 9:34Am when I got to the bridge, grasping for air. I looked around and saw nothing. My angel wasn’t there. My heart sank again, as I walked up to the very spot I saw that angel, and stared out into the very view my angel looked out to.

As I was staring, I heard a chuckle. Turning to see who it was, I saw a policeman, and a taxi driver smiling at me.

Smiling back, I decided to leave. But before I could, the policeman asked me, “What were you thinking of?”.

Giving him a puzzling look, I answered “It was this very spot a month ago, that I saw an angel who saved me.”,

“An angel, you say?” said the taxi driver this time, still with smile.

Probably thinking that I’m mad or worst.

“You know. Legend say, that if you see an angel, you can only see them again, next year on very same day at the exact time.” Said the policeman with a smile,

“Yes. And that the angel will continue to appear every year until you no longer need them or have moved on.” Said the taxi driver.

I only answered them with a stare. Here I thought they both were mad, but instead they helped me. After a few seconds I asked them, “How do you both know this?”,

“Cause it was the very same angel you saw that saved us.” They both said at the same time.

After saying that, they both smiled warmly and bowed to take their leave. I bowed and yelled ‘thank you’ to them.

Finally I knew there was hope. I will be able to see my angel again, but only for as long as I ‘needed it’. Those words ‘needed  it’. Stayed on my mind and then it hit me. As long as I was a mess, my angel would appear very year on the same day. But once I no longer needed it, my angel would return to heaven. I frowned at that thought. The more I thought about it, the more I daydream away. What broke me out of it, was the ringing of my cellphone.

It was Fany, meaning there was gonna be a lot of yelling. Sighing, I decided to just head back to the dorms to deal with her, or rather them.