Chapter 4

The Promised Bridge

A year had passed, since I saw that angel. Many things had happened since then. One was that Doohae came begging me to take him back. But when I told him that I have moved on, he said that he will still fight for me.

Two was that Fany and the others after that day watched me like a hawk. When I got back that day from the bridge, they bombed me with questions. 

Three was that I became good friends with the two Oppa’s who told me about Angels Legend, as they called it.

Finally today was the day when I saw first the very thing that gave me my life back. I was too happy to sleep in like I usually do. At 7:15Am I was up and about.

The others found it weird, and all of them had the same question. ‘Yah Sica! How come you’re up so early?’. Like there was nothing better to ask me.

By 8:45Am I was getting ready and by 9:00Am I was out the door. Everyone asked where I was going, but I just answered them with a smile.

I walked around the neighbourhood near the bridge to pass the time. And when it was 9:33Am, I headed for the bridge. It was 9:34 when I reached the bridge, my heart was fluttering. There were butterflies in my stomach. I closed my eyes and breathe in slowly. And when I breathe out, I opened my eyes, and a smile came on me.

There. Right there, on that very spot was my angel standing. With the same expression as last year, eyes closed and a smile.

I was about to call out, when I heard someone yelled, “There you are! How could you sneak out this morning and leave me and the babies alone huh?!”. Said a girl as she walked up to my angel.

I saw my angel turned to look at her, smiled a warm smile, while leaning to whisper to her.

Then I saw my angel crouch down on the double pram, and smile even more, at the sound of the babies inside the pram.

I could feel my heart shatter. I could feel the tears coming up. As I fought to hold them back, I heard the same girl say, “Seriously! They’re your babies too! Don’t run off like that!”.

Those words were like the last blow to my head. I didn’t have the strength to fight my tears back. My angel was taken from me.

But just as I was about to start crying, I saw my angel looking at me, smiling a very same warm smile. And gazed into my eyes. I could feel the warmth of my angel’s coming into my body.

I then returned a little smile, and watched them leave.

As I stared off to the direction where my angel left. A voice pulled me back.

“SICA!!!!!”. I heard I turned to see who it was.

“Sunny?” I asked, while staring at her blankly.

“Yah! You know how long I’ve been standing here, calling you?!”,

“Sorry. I was.... daydreaming.”,

“I can see that. Let’s head back to the dorms.”.

Back at the dorms, I went straight to my room, and fell straight to my bed. I stared at the wall, and thought of what happened. The legend was true but my angel had other. Not only that but two babies as well.

I started to tear up. I cursed myself for not being the one. I quickly turn towards the wall and pretended to be asleep, because Yuri had popped her head in to check on me.

“She’s asleep.” I could hear Yuri say to the others.

“What was she doing at that bridge, Sunny? I don’t know. She’s been acting weird this past year. I hope unnie is alright. Should we call Krystal? Can’t, she’s in Japan performing a concert. We should wait for her to wake up and ask her.”.

I could hear everyone of their voices, but the voice I long to her was my angel.