Chapter 12

The Promised Bridge

For the past five years I have been having the same dream, or rather nightmare. I was running in the dark, where to, I didn’t know. All I knew is that I needed to run faster. But no matter how fast I ran I was always too late. I ran and ran. And soon I saw a light. Running as hard as I could, I always ran for that light. And when I finally do reach the light, there standing, with its back towards me, was my angel. It turned to look at me. But it didn’t smile. Instead it turned away and flew. As it flew away it took the light with it. I ran for it, I tried to reach for it, call for it. But it never turned around or noticed me. Instead it left me in the dark.

I screamed, jumped on my bed. Sooyoung who is now my roommate, fell out of bed.

“SICA! WHAT THE HECK!” she yelled, as she rubbed her head.

“What happened?!” Fany asked, as she came in.

“Sica had another nightmare.” Explained Sooyoung.

Sighing, Fany came and sat on my bed and hugged me. While the other crowd outside our door.

“It’s been five years already. Yeah. What should we do? I don’t know. We tried everything. Even her mother and Krystal couldn’t help her.” I could hear the others say.

But all I could do is look down, and hold on to Fany, like I was about to fall.

In the morning, everyone had gone to do their schedules but me. They had called our manager and told him that I wasn’t in any shape to be working.

Apparently everyone in SM or rather Korea knew something was wrong with me. Our president once asked me, why I never smiled anymore, or laugh, or even get mad. But I could never answer him. But I knew that Sunny told him the reason why, and he said that he understood.

Today is the day I first saw my angel, and also when my angel left me. I didn’t have the strength left to go that bridge and be broken hearted again. My heart was already shattered. And there is no one who could repair it.

9:34. It was on the clock. I stared at it and whispered to myself, ‘anniversary.’.

Then suddenly the front door slammed opened, and in ran Fany out of breathe.

She looked like she was running for her life.

“Sica..... there’s..... someone here...... to see...... you.....” said she while grasping for air.

I looked at her. I felt no strength to even say that I didn’t want to see anyone.

Then I saw, there standing right behind Fany, was my angel.

A dream. Yes! This is definitely a dream. My mind is playing tricks with me. Stop. STOP IT! I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE! PLEASE!!!! NO MORE!!! I screamed in my mind, and closed my eyes, hoping that the image of my angel would go away when I open them.

But then I felt warmth on my hands. I opened my eyes to see my angel kneeling in front of me. Those eyes were filled with warmth, and worried.

Then I saw my angel taking my hands and lifting them to its lips. And what my angel did next, set my once shattered heart racing.

A kiss. My angel kissed my hands. And then smiled while gazing into my eyes. I couldn’t believe it. It felt like my nightmare had finally ended and a sweet dream had started.

Then my angel placed its left hand on my cheek, and used its thumb wiping away the tears I hadn’t noticed that were falling.

Snapping out of it. I started to wipe away the tears but more came. I don’t know if they were tears of joy or of sorrow. They won’t stop though. I then broke out crying. Crying hard.

My angel then sat next to me on the couch, and pulled me to its chest while wrapping its arms around me. It leaned its head on mine and I felt its warmth breath.

I cried even harder but this time I had the strength to say, “You left me! How could you leave me! You are meant to stay and watch over me forever!”.

Then I left something touch my ear. And then a whisper, saying “I’m so sorry. Forgive me.”.

I looked up to my angel smiling weakly. Then I saw in its eyes the longing, and sorrow it felt for leaving me.

My tears started to stop, I could only smile a bit while nodding me head.

My angel then brought its head towards mine, and kissed my forehead. And the feeling of peace fell over me.

Soon after, the others came back and were shocked to see not only, me in my angels arms, but my angels family as well. And surely enough we were bombard with questions.

My angel told us why it had to leave. And what happened while it was away. I could see that I wasn’t the only one who was suffering.

“So Ruki and Raki are now yours? That guy Shawn won’t be able to take them away from you?” asked Sunny,

“Yes.” Was all my angel answered.

Soon then everyone got to know each other. Even police and taxi oppa was here.

While everyone was busy chatting and smiling away. I was still in my angels arms. I couldn’t help myself but blushed. I knew my angel to looking me but I couldn’t bring myself to look back.

Then I heard my angel ask, “Shall we mend what I broke?”,

I looked at my angel with a puzzled look, but my angel just chuckled and said two words, ‘The bridge.’. I knew immediately what it meant.

We got up and I went to the room to freshen up and get changed. When I got out, I saw my angel still there waiting for me.

Smiling, it offered its hand and I took it gladly. And when we went to the front door, everyone just smile. They all knew where we were going.

And what happened next on the bridge, was the best thing that could ever happen to me.