Chapter 1

The Promised Bridge

I was standing on a bridge, lost to be precise. It was my first time to South Korea. What am I doing here? That, I don’t know the answer to. Ever since I heard about this country, I’ve been longing to come here. Which is ridiculous, cause I always wanted to go to Japan instead. But I finally manage to come here.

How? Well, first I got disowned by my family. Why? Don’t ask me again. Second, I quit my job in Australia and moved back to Malaysia, my friends accepted me and allowed me to stay with them until I get my own place. Accepted, you ask? I will not say, but I can say this, my friends still accepted me when my family didn’t.

After a month of settling down, and opening my own shop. I know right. I’m pretty awesome to open my own store. Well here’s the deal, before I left Australia, I manage to win the lottery. Thirty-two mil!!! Of course I was set for life. But since my friends have been good to me, I decided to return the favour, and open a workshop, and let my friend co-run it. After three months, the shop was in full swing. And when I say full swing, I mean it. It was so successful, probably cause I hired the best people. Cocky?! No! I did the hiring and interviews. You can say it’s my gift to really see people.

After another week, we decided to open a diner. Which was a great idea, cause many people would drop off their cars, or whatever they wanted to get fix and head to the diner to wait while their stuff was getting repaired.

It was a whole six month after that my friends decided that I should go for a holiday. So off I was, on the first plane to South Korea.

It has been precisely seven days, nine hours, thirty-four minutes and twenty-two seconds, since I’ve been here and ended up on the bridge.

I’m here for a month and I have no idea what to do, or where I am. Lame right.

It was lame and lousy until I saw her. An angel missing from heaven, is what I thought. A girl, who was a bit shorter than me, creamy fair, her hair was dyed to choc brown, her eyes brown, she was wearing white sweater, with a creamy skirt. Good eye for fashion style I must say. I quickly turn and face off the bridge and into the view that made me in awe, because it made her seem too perfect to be human.

I couldn’t help but close my eyes and smile. When I opened my eyes I saw her looking at me. Probably thinking I’m weird or dumb to be smiling with my eyes closed. I took one last look at her, smiled and bowed my head a bit, then turn the other way and walked off.

Super lame!!! I know!!! But what can I do?!!! I have a very good pokerface, but I knew she could melt that instantly. I mean I’ve had people that I’ve had crushes on but this was a whole new scale. It was like electric was inside me and running through my veins. What?! Haven’t you been madly in love with a stranger before?!

I manage to get back to hotel, thanks to the help of a kind policeman. He even gave me a map and marked the hotel for me. Mental note: don’t lose the map.

When I was in my room, I quickly my laptop, and went to wash my face. I needed that slap of cold water. When I came out I started to search through the net. I could swear I’ve seen that girl before I saw her on the bridge. After half an hour of fruitless search, nothing was all I got. Trust me when I say I checked them all. And when I say them, I meant all the female celebrity. But just as I was about to slam my laptop shut, I saw a pop up for this girl group, called Girl’s Generation. I clicked on it, and it showed me a group of..... 1.....2....4....7.... wait, is that the same girl? What the?!! Nine girl’s?!! Oh!!! There she is!! I found her! The girl I saw on the bridge.

I looked up their website and found out her name, Jessica Jung. Pretty name, suits her. Soon I did an all nighter researching about her. I found out that she was three years older than me, and that she was born in the States. Amazing I thought.

Finally after slapping my laptop shut, I laid back and was about to get some sleep, but when I looked at the clock, my eyes almost popped out of it sockets, 8:34Am!

I only had an hour! I jumped out of bed, grabbed my jacket, keys, the map (the most treasured item) and everything I needed. I ran out of the hotel, like the speed of light. I hit the street just in time to catch a taxi. He gave me a puzzled look when I got in and I just showed him the map and pointed to that red dot the policeman had marked for me (while he was helping find my way, I asked him where that bridge I was on was.).

Smiling the taxi driver knew where I wanted to go and drove straight there.

9:31Am. I was huffing and puffing, when I was finally at the bridge. After I caught my breath, I went to the spot I was and waited for my angel to arrive.

9:34Am, she should be here any minute. An hour later, still not here. But I didn’t move, I stood there and waited patiently. I watched the view and the memories of yesterday kept playing in my head. By nightfall I was still standing there. My legs were aching with pain. I let out a heavy sigh, and head to the street. Stupid! Stupid! I was so atune to yesterday that I forgot that I didn’t even know, know her. No plans were made to meet there. But still I hoped. Tomorrow I will come back, and maybe fate will be kinder to me.

The days flew by like nothing. Every day I was out on that bridge waiting for her, but each day, she was never there.

Finally it was time to head home. I was at the airport, and there waving goodbye to me were the taxi driver and policeman. I came to know them pretty well, cause one, he was always the same taxi driver that picked me up to the bridge, but after asking me what time I usually leave the bridge, he drove me back to the hotel. As for the policeman, some of the people in that area, thought I was some kind of terrorizes or something and decided to inform the cops. Luckily for me, he came and after explaining my situation to him, he came to the bridge to check in on me, or to have a chat. All three of us gotten to know each other pretty well, we had some dinner nights. And I’m very grateful to them.

They told me to not give up, and I promised them that I wouldn’t and that I’ll be back the same time next year.

When the plane landed in Malaysia airport, I was first greeted by a warm breeze of home, and then by arms of my friends and employees.

 But what came next, was the last thing I’ve ever expected.