Home

Daring Woman

Hey guys i'm back with a new chapter =] I thnk you'll all like this one after the events of the last one ^^ Please let me know what you think about it and if i need to improve more =] Thank you all again for the lovely comments and for continuing to read my story. it really makes my day <3

 

Here I sit anxiously waiting for any news on how you were doing. I cried and cursed myself so many times tonight. How could I have been so distracted, that I didn’t notice my surroundings? Now I feel as if you’re a million miles away from me and there’s no way for me to get to you, no matter how hard I tried.

I paced the hospital floor for three agonizing hours, replaying what happened. I know people must think I’m crazy for my actions, but it’s not them that I’ve given all my worries and happiness too. If you never forgive me, I’d completely understand. God if I could trade places with you, I’d do it in a heartbeat. You know that, right? You must know how it’s killing me not knowing if you’re scared or in pain.

It was another thirty agonizing minutes before anyone came out to update me on your condition. “Excuse me miss, but are you the one that came in with the young lady that was hit by a car?” I almost knocked the doctor over but I had to know how you were. “Ye…. yes, I am doctor. How is she?”

I cling desperately to her shoulders. “Oh well, I’m doctor Tzuyu and I just wanted to let you to know that she’s doing fine now. Luckily for us the car wasn’t going that fast when it struck her.” Right, I was told the driver off the car was an elderly man that confused the brakes with the accelerator.  

“But I must tell you that she does have a fair number of scrapes and bruises, especially her right shoulder. It took most of the impact, so I put her arm in a sling to give her shoulder more support. The bruises will get worse over the next forty-eight hours so it’s very important that she doesn’t do anything that’s too strenuous for her body. She’ll have slight swelling and will be in pain but I’ll write a prescription for pain medication. Also, she has a long gash over her right eye but we managed to stich it up with no problems at all and after about a week we can remove them.

I felt so relieved at the news. She’s injured but at least she’ll be able to come home. Home, I wonder if I can even provide that for her now. “We also did CT scans just to make sure there was no internal bleeding anywhere in her body.” “Did you find anything?” I think I may have griped the doctor a little too hard because I saw the way she scrunched her eyebrows.

“Thankfully no, but she will have headaches that will come and go but they should subside within a couple of days. Do you have any more questions for me?” I have only one. “When can I see her?” “Well once you loosen your grip on me, give us about thirty minutes and we’ll wheel out to you.” I immediately unclasp my hands. “I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to do that.”  She gave me a knowing smile. “It’s quite alright dear. Think nothing of it.” “Thank you for everything doctor Tzuyu.” “It’s nothing to thank, I’m just glad it wasn’t anything more serious. You’re lucky to have a girlfriend like her.”

I must have given her a stunned expression because she started to laugh. “I assume you were special to her from the way she constantly talks about you and making sure you were okay.”

She’s always thinking about my well-being even when I’m the reason she ended up here. “You know she even told me how to find you out here.” “Oh really?” I can only imagine what she said. “Yeah, she told me to look for the short pretty girl with big beautiful brown eyes.” I could help but let out a small laugh.

“I can tell she means a lot to you as well. They told how upset you were when they brought her in. Go home and take care of each other okay. You both have had a long day.” She gave me a pat on the shoulder before she walks off.  I intend to take the doctor’s advice. However long she needs me I’ll be by her side.

Thirty minutes passed before I finally got to see the one person I’ve been dying to see all night. I wished I could have prepared myself and my heart for the state she was in, but I don’t think anything can prepare you for the emotions you feel whenever someone you care deeply for gets hurt.

Your hair was no longer in the updo it was before. It had fallen and was now partially covering to bandage above your eye. Your arm was in a sling and your dress was slightly torn. This is the first time we’ve been were face to face with one another and I didn’t know to approach you. Should I drop to my knees and beg for your forgiveness or should I give you your space? Because I would do any of those if you wanted me to.

“Well Miss Myoui, I think this pretty lady here is ready to take you home now.” “I told you she was beautiful, didn’t I?” It amazes me how you could still smile at a time like this. The nurse laughed. “Yes, you did. Now remember to take it easy and don’t overdo it.” “Thank you, nurse Sana and I give you my word.” “Good now let me help you to the car.” It broke my heart to see you limping even with the help of the nurse and me. You must be in so much pain right now, yet you never showed it. “Have a good night you two and please take good care of her Jihyo. She’s been one of my best patients I’ve had.” I thanked the nurse before she left.  

Unlike the joyful car ride earlier today, this car ride back to my home was in silence.  My anxiety that you hated me slowly creeped over me. I must think of something to break the silence. I gather all my courage and carefully look over at her. To my astonishment I find that she had fallen asleep. She must be exhausted. I gently take one of her hands in mine. I promise you I’ll do anything it takes to make sure you get better.

It didn’t take long for me to reach my house. Luckily there wasn’t much traffic on the road so you were able to sleep all the way here. Now here comes the difficult part. I had to wake you, which I hated too but a car seat isn’t the best place for you to rest. “Mi…Mina?” I softly call out to you. You began to stir in your sleep. It wasn’t until I lightly caress you face that you finally opened your eyes.

“I’m sorry I didn’t want to wake you but we’ve reached my house.” It took a couple of seconds for you fully comprehend what I just said. “Oh, I’m sorry pretty girl, I didn’t mean to fall asleep on you.” I felt another stab to my heart. “You have nothing to be sorry for Mina. I should be the one saying sorry to you. If it wasn’t for me...”

 My voice failed me and I could no longer look at you in the eyes. “If it weren’t for you I wouldn’t be this happy.” She lifts my face so that I’m looking directly into her eyes. I can’t deny, that I’m taken by the beauty of her eyes and smile. “Let... let me help you to the door.”

With a few sighs and grunts, we made it safely into the house and on the couch. “How are feeling now Mina?” “I’m okay just tired.” That’s understandable. “How are you feeling Jihyo?” Guilty, ashamed and angry with myself. Is what I wanted to say but she doesn’t need to worry about anything other than getting better. “I’m doing well thanks to you.” “You don’t have to thank me pretty girl. I’m just thankful you weren’t hurt.”

There’s so many things I want to tell her and not just the typical thank you. I want to express how much I’ve come to appreciate having her in my life, how much the thought of losing her scared me to death. But most importantly I want to tell her how much I love.... “Jihyo? What’s wrong?” I must have spaced out on her. “Nothing it’s nothing to worry about. I’ll get your medicine and then you can take a long hot bath.”

“You don’t have to do that for me. I don’t want to be any inconvenience to you.” I quickly wave that thought off. “You don’t ever have to worry about being an inconvenience to me, well not anymore at least.” You chuckled. “I was pretty annoying in the beginning, wasn’t I?” “Yes. I... I mean I wasn’t used to having someone around me all the time so I guess it took some getting used to.”

I guess you sensed that I was a little uncomfortable so you slipped your hand in mine. Your hand was a lot cooler than normal, which made me instinctively grip it harder. “Well you know what they say. Good things come to those who wait. I’m very glad I stuck it out with you.” Here she is trying to make me feel better when I’m the one that’s supposed to be making her feel comfortable. I don’t know what I did to deserve someone as sweet as she is.

There was a long silence that creeped over us. Partly due to me and my inability to form words tonight. “Let me go get some water so you can take your medicine.” I was about to head to the kitchen but I forgot that our hands were still tightly intertwined with one another. I look down at how well our hands fit together.

“Don’t shut me out Jihyo.” My gaze quickly lifts from our hands to your eyes. “What...” I didn’t get the chance to finish my sentence before she cut me off. “I know you Jihyo. You won’t say what’s bothering you openly. You’d rather keep it to yourself and suffer alone but I’m here to remind you that you no longer need to do that. When you’re ready to let me know how you feel. I’ll be here waiting.”

She finally let’s go of my hand but not before giving it a small kiss. I didn’t know how I was supposed to respond to that, so I quietly made my way to the kitchen. I should have known she would sense something had upset me. I mean after my mother she has become the closest person to me.

She managed to break through my walls that I’ve built during my life and show me that there was at least one person that truly cared about me. I know she had to work hard to achieve that. This was going to be a long night. 

After you took your medication I ran a warm bath for you. Complete with bubbles, per your request. “It’s ready for you now Mina.” “Are there a lot of bubbles?” I release a little laugh. “Way too many.” “Thank you, pretty girl.” “Oh, and I left some clothes for you in the bathroom. Let me know if you need any help okay. I’ll come immediately.” “Help with anything you say.?” You gave me a huge gummy smile. I like that you can be playful at a time like this.

“Unless you feel as if you’re about slip in the bathtub don’t call me.” You giggle a bit before giving me a thumb up. “I got you pretty girl. Thank you for letting me stay here tonight.” “Like I said you’re more than welcome to stay here for however long you need to. I’m going to take care of you. Now enjoy your bath and I’ll have noodles waiting for you when you get done.”

“That sounds like a good plan to me pretty girl.” “Okay take your time and if you need any help with your clothes just call.” I didn’t like the way your grin turned into a sly smirk when I said that. “I may need help with taking off my clothes.” I feel my face heat up like the sun and no doubt my face has turned redder. “Re... Really, Mi... Mina?” I couldn’t get my words I was too embarrassed to even look at you.

“Aww you’re so cute when I tease you Jihyo.” You pinched my cheeks. “Mina!” I pout. “I know but I couldn’t help it.” I let out a long sigh. “J... Just enjoy your bath.” “I will thanks to you, my lady.” I left her with a blush on my face.

I take my time making the noodles. I didn’t want to rush her seeing as she needs to soak her wounds. I can only imagine how bad they are. I feel my eyes begin to water thinking about what she has to go through...all because of me. “Jihyo!” Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I didn’t have to tell my legs to run to her because they did so automatically.

“Mina? Mina what’s wrong?” I barged in the bathroom without knocking or thinking. “Min... Oh my God. I’m so sorry. I should have knocked.” I say as I hurry to close the door.

 How could I have been that stupid as to not announce my presence. Maybe if I had then I wouldn’t have walked in on you changing. Even though you had your back turned to me, I’m still left feeling very embarrassed but also feeling angry.

I saw the injuries the accident left you. Scrapes and bruises littered your body. The biggest looking bruise was on her right shoulder. Just like the doctor said, it did take most of the impact. It felt like forever before you called out to me again. This time I made sure I knocked before entering.

“I... I’m sorry for walking in on you.” I couldn’t look you in the eyes. “You have nothing to be sorry for Jihyo. You were worried about me so I understand why you did what you did.” I still not dared to raise my eyes as a lengthy silence fell amongst us.

“You saw the bruises, didn’t you?” I kept silent but my heart was racing a million miles a minute. “I...” I couldn’t get the words out of my mouth. Since I was unable to speak, you did it for me. “I just wanted to know if you could help me back to the bed?”

Almost instantly I was by your side. “Of course, I will.” Tentatively I wrapped my arms around your waist as you placed your left arm around my neck. I never knew the fragrance of strawberry could smell this intoxicating before.

“You can put your full weight on me if it helps you to walk.” “Are you sure? I don’t want to cause you any discomfort.” I had to laugh a bit. She may be slightly taller than I am but that doesn’t mean I’m weak.

“You forget I’ve carried you before with no problem.” “Oh, you’re right.” I see a slight blush form on your cheeks. “If I get too heavy please let me know okay.” I say I will but I have no intention of keeping that promise. I’d carry her even if it breaks me.

“Are you comfortable here Mina? Do you need more pillows?” “No, I’m fine thank you.” “Okay I’ll go get your food now.” You only nodded at me. I felt the gravity of the situation as I made my way to the kitchen. Things are getting more awkward between us and I hate it.

She wasn’t being honest with me about how she’s feeling just like I wasn’t being honest with her. It’s funny how we can tell what the other is feeling even without saying anything. I must get what’s on my heart out, it’s the only way we can get through this.

Quietly I made my way back to the bedroom. I find you wincing in pain as you lightly treaded your fingers across your shoulder and well as your temples. That absolutely shattered what was left of my heart.

“You lied to me.” I say as I entered the room. Your eyes instantly shot up to find mine. You had the same look I’m sure I had while staring into those headlights. “Why didn’t you tell me you were in this amount of pain?”

She doesn’t say anything to me, she only stares at me with those eyes that were once filled with such happiness. “Forgive me if I didn’t tell you how much I was hurting but you’re not one to talk. How can I be honest with you if you won’t be honest with me?”

I was taken back by what she said but she was right. At this point we weren’t being fair to each other. I place the bowl of noodles on the nightstand and carefully sat down next to her on the edge of the bed.

“You’re right I haven’t been completely honest with you but that’s only because I don’t want you worry about me. Your main concern should be getting better.” I watch as you caress my face with the palm of your hand.

“My main concern will always be you, Jihyo.” I lean into her touch. It was so warm and comforting. “I feel so guilty about what happened to you and now you won’t be able to see your family because of my stupid mistakes. I know they miss you dearly. I know I would. You should have just let the car hit me, then It would have saved your all this pain.” I see you face contort in disappointment.

“You’re such a foolish girl, you know?” I look at her in bewilderment. “How could I ever knowingly allow someone I love to be injured?” She loves me?... I thought. Thinking about it now we’ve never said that to each other. Strange how I’m not shocked by her words yet my heart feels like it’s doing cartwheels now.

“But you could have died because of me. I feel all these horrible feelings whenever I see you suffering or limping. I... hate myself because you’re too sweet to me and you didn’t deserve for this to happen to you.” I choked on my words as my eyes filled with tears. She draws me nearer to her as she gives my forehead a sweet kiss.

“Do you really think that would have stopped me?” I wasn’t expecting a question like that. “The thought did run through my mind but I didn’t listen to my brain. I listened to my heart and followed my instincts. I know you feel horrible about this but you should know that I’ll never blame you for this. It wasn’t your fault. No one could have predicted that old man would have done that. As for my family, it’s okay that I won’t get to see them. They can always come to see me. I know they’re looking to go away for a vacation and they’ve always wanted to come here, so it really isn’t a problem my lady.”

My tears were falling harder now from my eyes. “Don’t cry my love. This will only be temporary if I have you by my side.” “Of, course I’ll never leave you, but please tell me how you’re truly feeling. Are you in a lot of pain?” She took a while to answer me. “To be honest, I’m hurting all over.” My chest tightens and I could feel my heart beating ten times as hard. “How bad is the pain?” It was an unpleasant question to ask but I had to know the answer.

“It’s nothing I can’t handle but it does throb and ache quite a bit whenever I move.” I guess the medicine hasn’t taken effect yet. “Where does it hurt the most?” “Mostly my right side especially my shoulder. It throbs constantly but the sling helps. I get tiny headaches from time to time.” I feel another wave of tears threatening to fall from my eyes. “May I see how bad it is?” “Are you sure?” I nodded my head.

Luckily for us the shirt I gave you was oversized so it didn’t take much for you to slid it off slightly to the side. I inhaled when I saw how horrific it looked. The bruise itself covered a large portion of her shoulder and it was starting to turn a deep purplish color. “Mi... Mina.” I softly say. I wanted to reach out and hold you but I knew that wasn’t for the best.

I felt guilt creep into my heart again. “T... tell me what I can do to make you feel better.” You smile sweetly at me. “I don’t need to say anything because you’re already doing it.” I lightly place my forehead back on yours and gaze into your clear eyes. Somehow, I feel a wave of comfort wash over me, but then again, I know it’s you. I could have lost you tonight but I won’t make that same mistake again.

“Tell me is there anything you need now?” You simply shake your head. “I have you so I don’t need anything.” I must grin a little when I see she still hasn’t lost that cheesy side of her. “Although a sponge bath does sound soothing right now.” I see you also haven’t lost that cheesy smile either. “Try again Miss Myoui.” It’s calming to hear you laugh.

“Okay how about a small kiss.” I should have known you would say that. After all it’s been hours since I last laid my lips on yours but I don’t really feel worthy of your kiss. “I don’t think I really deserve something that precious.” I notice how your eyes dimmed in their brightness and it physically hurt me. “Will you not give MinMin a small kiss? You pout. That time I let out a small chuckle.

“MinMin? Is that your new name?” You smile once again. “Well it’s something my father used to call me and I’d like it if you’d called me that too. If you don’t mind, that is.” “I don’t mind it just seems so personal to you. I know how much you loved your father. I don’t want to impose on anything special to you.”

You gently place a few strands of hair behind my ear before those comforting eyes of yours reappeared. “You’re already very special to me, my lady.” I still get butterflies in my tummy whenever she calls me that. Like a spell she casts, I find myself in a deep trance. In this universe, there exists only her and I. A universe where I am defenseless against her touch, her scent, the taste of her lips, the sound of her voice, and her beauty. I’m completely defenseless against her...

“You know this feels like a dream.” I softly whisper. Your eyes stare at me in wonder. “What feels like a dream my lady?” “Being with you. You’re a perfect surprise for me. I don’t know what I did to deserve you but I’m grateful.” I see a slight blush form on your cheeks. “Aww you’re too kind to me pretty girl.” “Trust me you deserve all the kindness in the world.” You were unable to look me in the eyes. I decided it was time to stop embarrassing you even though I was having fun doing so.

“Are you hungry MinMin?” It felt kind of strange calling her that but it clearly made her happy. I carefully feed her the noodles I cooked. “Is there anything else I can get for you?” “Oh no I’m good. Thank you for the meal.” I see her release a yawn. The medicine must be finally taking effect. “Let’s go to sleep now MinMin. Tell me how you would like lie.” “Anything is fine with me as long as you’re close to me.”

I tried to fight the smile that tugged at my lips but it was no use. “May I lie in your arms, my lady?” I had no problem with that but I was worried that do so would hurt her. “I don’t want you to hurt yourself MinMin.” You quickly shook your head at me. “Being in your arms never hurts me.” I think I know now what she wants from me, comfort.

Although I was reluctant I eventually gave into her request. I carefully positioned myself so that I’m lying in front of her. “You can come closer to me if you want.” There was a certain yearning in her voice that sent shivers down my back. Hesitantly I move in nearer to her so that her head is resting on my shoulder. I can feel her breath on my bare neck. “Is this okay for you pretty girl?” “Yes... Yes.” I shudder.

She’s unaware of how being this close to her completely wrecks my heart. She smiles gently to me. “You’re so warm.” She snuggles closer to me and I can hear my pounding heart in my ears. “Thanks.” I mutter.  “If you get too hot please let me know and I’ll move.” “Okay Mina… I mean MinMin.” Truth be told even if I was burning up I still wouldn’t move. My heart wouldn’t allow it.

“Will you hum that song you did when I was sick? It’ll help me sleep better hearing your voice.” How could I deny a sweet request like that? I tuck a few strings of hair behind her ear as I gently caress her face like she had done mine. I felt as if I had the whole world in my hand. Feeling her lean into my touch lets me know she feels the same way.

I watch as my favorite pair of eyes fight desperately to stay open but eventually they’re hidden behind heavy eyelids. It won’t be long now till she’s sleeping I thought. I quickly start to hum so my voice could be the last thing she hears. True to my word it wasn’t even five minutes before I hear the faint sounds of her breathing evening out. “Goodnight my little penguin.” I give her a good night kiss on the forehead.

I don’t think I slept much last night. I was too worried about you. Every time you would move the slightest bit, my eyes shot open. I thought you were in pain but you were only sleeping soundly in my arms. Morning came and you were still sleeping. I know this may seem a bit creepy but I couldn’t help myself from watching you sleep.

Even in your slumber you were still grateful and beautiful. I suppose that’s why I couldn’t keep my hands from caressing your skin. As much as I hate to do this I knew I had to separate myself from you. I carefully slid my arm from under you. My eyes catch the faintest pout grace your face and I can’t lie it really made my morning a lot better.

You’re going to be hungry when you wake up so I decided that I would make you breakfast in bed. Never did I think I would live to see the day where I’d be doing this for someone, let alone actually enjoy doing it. It didn’t take me long to make breakfast which consisted of eggs bacon and pancakes. I was making my way back towards the bedroom when I heard you call out my name.

When I finally reached the room, I find you hugging my pillow securely in your arms. If I’m not mistaken I think you might have fallen back asleep. The whole site made my heart beat with joy. I sat the food down and made my way to your side. How cute, you were drooling a little.

“Mina”, I call out to you but you didn’t move a muscle. Since that didn’t work I tried lightly nudging you but you only stirred in your sleep so It came down to my last resort. I gave you a tiny kiss on the cheek.

She leans into my kiss as she lazily opens those stunning brown eyes of hers. I could see she was having a difficult time focusing her eyes on me so I gently nudged her chin up a little, so that she was looking directly at me. “Jihyo?” You say in a raspy voice.

I saw how hard it was for you to get up, so I lightly pushed you back down again. “You weren’t here when I woke up so I was about to go look for you, I… I guess I fell asleep instead.” I smile widely at your sweetness. “Shh I’m here now MinMin. I just got done cooking you breakfast.”

“Breakfast for me? You didn’t have to do that.” She’s so grateful for the smallest acts. “Of course, I did and I wanted too. Like I said last night I’m going to care for you for however long it takes.” From the way, she was smiling you would have thought she had just won the lottery.

“Let me help you up so you can eat.” While helping you up was well intentioned what I didn’t except was how frantically my heart began to beat whenever I felt your hot breath against my skin. Much like last night when you were in my arms.

I know you’re the one that needs comforting but I too felt at peace with you there in my embrace. I so badly wanted to kiss you last night just like I want to kiss you now. If I could I’d kiss away all your pain but I still feel guilty about all this.

“All this looks fantastic Jihyo. Thank you so much.” Your soft voice brought me back to reality. “Will you join me?” “I’ve already eaten but I will join you MinMin.”

“Can you help me with feeding myself.” “Is that what you want?” You eagerly nodded your head. In my heart, I knew that would be your answer. And I must admit that feeding you is slowly becoming one of my favorite past times.

Sleeping must have really worked up your appetite because you ate everything I made for you. “That was one of the best breakfasts I’ve had in a while. I’m stuffed.” I laughed hard as you patted your tummy. “I’m glad you enjoyed it.” “I always enjoy anything you make. Like I said you’re the best nurse I know.” That brought my thoughts back to last night.

“Speaking of nurses, you and that pretty nurse seemed pretty close last night. Should I be worried my MinMin is giving her attention to another nurse?” I tease but you only smiled at me. “I like that.” You confused me when you said that. “You like what?” You look me directly in the eyes. “I like it when you call me yours.” I wasn’t planning on blushing this early in the morning but I couldn’t help it.

“As far as our closeness I learned that we’re both Japanese and her and her wife Dahyun don’t live that far from here so she suggested that the four of us could meet up over dinner sometime. I hope that’s okay with you. You know my eyes only see you.” I didn’t say anything I only leaned in closer to you. I see nervousness in your eyes that didn’t need to be. “That sounds like a great idea. Who knows, maybe we’ll become friends.”

It tickles me when I see you heave a sigh of relief. She told me to call them later when I’m done healing. “I see. So, you have her number also?” “Aww Jihyo.” You whine. “I’m just kidding MinMin. Anyway, is there anything you’d like to do today?” “Maybe we could watch a movie. I feel like being lazy today.” I couldn’t have agreed more with her. After all the hard work, we’ve done I think a lazy day is just what the doctor called for.

“Okay Mina that’s what we’ll do.” After I got the dishes cleared away I sat up my laptop so that we could watch a horror movie. Surprisingly enough those were both our favorite types of movies. “Do you want to prop up or would you rather lie down?” You seem to be lost in thought before you finally smiled at me. “I’d like to use you as a pillow if you don’t mind.”

As much as I would have liked to refuse I knew my heart wouldn’t let me so I carefully positioned myself behind you taking extra precautions not to accidentally hit one of your injuries. “Is this okay Mina? I’m not causing you any pain, am I?” “No that’s perfect.” I feel you relax into me and I instinctively wanted to wrap my arms around you but images of last night flooded through my mind, so I kept my hands at my sides.

I started the movie but kept a keen eye on you for the slightest sign that you’re in pain. The movie was progressing along slowly but it was a good way to keep my mind off things. All was going well until I felt you fidgeting. I thought you were just trying to get comfortable so I didn’t pay it much attention It’s only when you kept doing it, then I knew something was wrong.

“Am I too warm for you Mina? Do you need me to back away from you? You quickly denied that but something inside me told me you weren’t being completely truthful with me. “Are you in pain now? I asked worriedly. “It’s nothing to think about pretty girl. It’s just my side it starting to throb a little.” I was right there was something wrong.

“I’ll go get your medicine Mina.” Before I had the chance to move you grabbed my hand. “I don’t need medicine, Jihyo.” You were frim with the way you spoke to me, that I almost believed you. “You’re in pain, aren’t you? Why don’t you want it?” You have me very concerned at this point. I cup your face so that you’re looking at me.

“What’s wrong Mina?” “I...” You were cautious to tell me. “We said we wouldn’t keep anything from each other, right? You nodded. “Please tell me why you don’t want to take it.” If I had to take a guess at what you’re feeling now it would be fear. It tears at my soul to see you on the verge of tears. “I just... I don’t like going extended periods without seeing your face. I’d rather be awake and in pain with you than to not know you’re here with me.”

To say I was stunned to hear that from anyone let alone her would be an understatement. I’m absolutely left speechless. The last thing I’d ever want was for her to be in pain but with the way she’s steadily looking at me I can tell she means what she says. I’m torn between my wants of her being at ease and her desires. I want to tell her that she’s being unreasonable but for the millionth time I find my words and my tongue are working against me.

“Will you just hold me like you did last night. I feel at ease when I’m in your arms.” There’s no point in arguing with her because I know she’s made up her mind. This is what she truly wants. “Alright we’ll do what you ask but if I sense that you’re in more pain than you’re telling me, then I’m getting your medicine.” “I already have my medicine, you.” I blushed. “Like I’ve said before, you’re the best medicine I could ever take.” Her sweet words aren’t doing anything good for my heart. In fact, I feel even more guilty that she’s this condition.

“Let’s finish watching the movie okay Jihyo?” I could only stare at her. Sometimes I just don’t get the way she thinks. Most of the time we share the same wavelength but there are times where we can be on different ends of the spectrum. I know the medicine the doctor prescribed can make you sleepy but still if it’ll help her out she should take some. “Trust me Jihyo I’ll be fine. I just want to rest in your arms.”

Trusting you is the one thing that has ever made me this happy, so I imagine I should trust you now. I positioned myself so that I was in lying down position much like last night. I think it’s more comfortable for you. I didn’t need to tell you to lie in my arms as you did so instantly. I never thought I could love the scent of lavender as much as do now. But thanks to your shampoo, I can now say it’s of my favorite aromas.

You say I’m warm but my warmth is nothing compared to yours. My hand carefully wraps itself around your tiny waist. “Is this okay for you Mina? I’m not hurting you, am I?” “No, you’re fine but could you do me a favor? Could you help me take off the sling?” What a strange request, I thought. Maybe the pain is effecting your thoughts more than you expected. “Is it not helping you?” “It does, but I can’t feel your skin next to mine with it on.”

I’m glad your back was facing me. I’d hate to have to explain why my face was so red. I did as you asked me and for the first time since this whole accident happened your hand was in mine. It’s strange that something so small could make me feel so complete. I couldn’t help snuggling closer to you and by the way you tighten your grip on my hand I can tell you like it too.

We were back to watching the movie but just like previously, my attention was on you. “That feels nice.” Your voice was barely above a whisper. “What feels nice?” “Your breath against my skin especially against my shoulder.” I’m not sure if you’re just saying that to make me feel better but it does.

I wanted to do something that would take your mind off the pain even further but you were already in my arms with my breath against your skin. The only thing I have left to offer you now were my lips...

So, I placed them softly against your shoulder. The action alone caused you to tense up. “Ji... Jihyo?” You sounded so frightened, like I could walk out of your life forever but I would never do that, not now.

I gently kiss the top edge of your bruise. “Oh.” I heard her slightly sigh but I knew it wasn’t from any pain. No, this was from the longing to have my lips on you. I should know because I’ve missed yours equally as much. I take my time to kiss every inch of your injury slowly, very slowly.

With each kiss, her breath becomes more unsteady. Eventually she leans more in to me so I can have more excess to her skin. I make sure all my kisses are filled with my gratefulness towards her. She pulls me closer to her, so much so that it’s almost like we share the same breath. After I’m done with her shoulder I slowly make my way up her neck. I love the way your quickening pulse feels beneath my lips.

“Jihyo,” she exhales. She makes me never want to leave her side. I leave a trail of wet kisses in my wake until I reach her ear. “If you’ll allow me, I’ll kiss every scar you suffered because of me.” Again, it makes my heart go crazy when she groans out my name. You turn slightly and we’re locked in an intense gazing game with each other.

I watch as deep brown eyes imprison my gaze, threatening to never release me. It’s only when you look down at what I presume were my lips that we break contact with one another. You roll over completely on your back with my hand still in yours.

“You don’t have to do that. I... mean this is completely fine with me.” My lips tug upward in a small smile. “I know but I want to. I want to do everything I can to take your mind off this.” I take both her hands in mine, those same hands that pushed me away from danger, and I continue to kiss them with the same care as her shoulder. After I’m done we continue gazing at each other.

Without words, she graces my bottom lip with the pad of her thumb and smiles at me. “My lips need your care too.” I let out a small chuckle. She grinned while pulling me slightly on top of her. On instinct, I jerked back away from her. I’ve never been in this position before so I wasn’t sure of myself. Plus, I didn’t want to accidentally hurt her in any way.

“Did I scare you? I’m so sorry that wasn’t my intention at all.” I see worry in her eyes but mostly concern for me. “No... No, you didn’t scare me, MinMin. I just wasn’t expecting that and I don’t want to cause you any pain if I rub against you the wrong way.” “Nonsense. I feel no pain when you kiss me.” I blush madly. “I just want you close to me Jihyo. I want to be lost in your touch, your eyes, your kindness. I just...” I didn’t give her a chance to finish her statement because I know how she feels because I feel the exact way about her.

Our lips crash together in an unspoken urgency. I know it hasn’t been a long time since the last time I kissed your lips, but to me it feels like an eternity. Your lips are sweeter than honey and more addicting than any substance. I almost leaped out of my skin when I feel you grasp and pull my bottom lip with your teeth. I love how you seize my lips and use them for your own pleasure. If I could I’d give you all the kisses you desired.

There was no fight with dominance between us, only the overwhelming desire to be near to each other. I’ve noticed that we both hate rushing this. We’d rather take our time. All those small sighs you make, drive me absolutely crazy. Seconds turn into minutes and I grew drunk of your lips the longer we kiss. The way your hands caress me as if I were the frailest object wasn’t making it easier for me to let you go anytime soon, but as luck would have it, your phone began to ring.

“Mmm... Mina... your phone is… going off.” I try to make complete sentences but your lips are making it difficult for me. “I... see, that’s nice.” I giggle at your nonchalant attitude. “It... might be an important phone call... Mina.” That didn’t seem to stop your assault on my lips. “This... Is... important too.”

As much as I hate to do this and boy did I ever. I had to literally untangle myself from your embrace. “Why... Why did you stop?” You try to keep kissing me but pout sadly when I’m out of your reach. It’s a good thing that I did stop because we were both out of breath.

“I had to. I don’t want you to miss any important calls.” I handed your phone to you. “It’s from my mom. She must be worried about me since I didn’t call her last night.” That’s understandable. I get worried whenever you forget to call me. “I’ll give you some privacy Mina.” “Thank you, my lady.” I was about to walk away but I felt a tug on my shirt. I turned around to find you giving me the saddest look you could muster. I knew what you were trying to do and it worked.

I leaned down to capture your lips once more but this time I had to be careful. I couldn’t let myself fall into your temptation, although it would be a sweet fall. So, I make it as brief as possible. “I’ll be in the living room if you need me.” She gave me a nod and a kiss on the hand.

I lost track of time as I mindlessly flipped through TV stations. It’s astounding how easily I get bored now without you there to talk my ears off. I hope that’s one thing that never changes about you. While in the middle of zoning out I heard you call out my name. I tried my best to get to you but you had already made your way to where I was.

“Mina! What are you doing?” I rushed to your side after seeing you hanging on to the wall. “I told you not move unless I’m with you.” I carefully wrap my arms around you. “It’s alright pretty girl. I’m not completely useless,” you laugh. You’re right but I still didn’t want to take that risk.

“I’m sorry I don’t mean to baby you, I just didn’t want you to fall.” “If I could fall into your arms, then that’ll be alright for me.” I cringe as you let out a little shrill. Good to see your corny side is still intact. “Anyway, how did the talk with your mother go. Did you tell her how much your girlfriend is a screw up?” Ouch I winch in pain as you pinched my cheek.

“Firstly, my girlfriend is not a screw up. I told you this wasn’t your fault, so please stop thinking that it is. Secondly, I do believe this is the first time you’ve referred yourself as my girlfriend.” I feel my whole face heat up. Now that I think about it she’s right. That was the first time I’ve said that. I guess we never addressed ourselves as such because we didn’t need to. I’m yours and you’re mine. We both know that.

“I... Well you’re my girlfriend too.” That was a lame comeback I know, but that’s all I could think of. “Hey, look at, me pretty girl.” As soon as I did I’m met with a faint kiss. “I’m thankful that I am your girlfriend. As for what my mom and I discussed, I in no form blamed you. In fact, I told her my best friend was taking care of me and I should be better in no time. Although she was still worried about me and sadden that I wouldn’t be able to see the family this weekend.”

My heart sank hearing her say that and knowing I had a part in it. “Don’t be sad my lady. I’ll be as good as new in no time.” “I’ll definitely make sure you get better soon so you can visit them.” “I know you will.” We stand there in each other’s embrace, with nothing but the sound of our breathing keeping us company.  

I pull her closer to me as I lay my head on her uninjured shoulder. This may be selfish of me but there’s no other place I’d want her to be. “I think we should go to my house so we can get some of my clothes.” “I don’t mind you wearing mine.” You giggle a little. “You’re so cute, do you know that?” I mumble into your shoulder which made you giggle harder. “Okay I’ll take you to get more clothes but can we just be like this a while longer?”

I didn’t mean for my voice to sound so vulnerable but all my defenses fall and ceases to exist whenever you’re around me. “You don’t have to ask me pretty girl.” I don’t know why but after last night I feel myself becoming clingier to her. I know almost losing her has a big part in it but it feels as if that there’s more to it.

Only she knows the secret that makes my heart tremble when I’m near her and ache when I’m not. No matter how hard I try I just can’t seem to get her voice out of my head, though I liken it to a sweet lullaby. She’s clueless at how she’s able to paralyze me with just a fleeting look of her eyes. I smile when she smiles, even when I don’t intend to. Without you I feel incomplete.

I still get anxious sometimes when she asks me for a kiss because I still don’t think I’m good at it. But I know she would deny that with her life. I wouldn’t mind making a fool of myself if it makes her pleased. That’s how intimately she knows my heart. I feel all these emotions for her and I don’t know why. Or, maybe I do… and I’m just too frightened to admit it to myself. Maybe these are the symptoms to the illness called love I’ve often heard people talk about. An illness that only you have the cure for. Who would have guessed I could ever get near to feeling love for another person?

“What are you thinking about pretty girl?” That’s a good question. Just what am I thinking about? It’s all perplexing for me but one thing is very clear to me. You seem to occupy my thoughts. “You, I’m thinking about you.” It slips out of my mouth so easily. “Ahh I see. Well judging by the way you’re smiling I can tell its good thoughts you have for me.” She’s right, I am smiling and I didn’t even notice it. Funny how that happens only with you. “You must be tired Jihyo.”

I finally lift my head to look at you. “I’m fine Mina. There’s nothing to worry about.” I forget how to think when you reach out to caress my cheek. Your touch is healing for me, except for when you pinch my cheeks. I can live without that. “I’ll always worry about you Jihyo, you’re my lady. And I know how you are and you probably didn’t sleep a wink last night.” She’s right again I am feeling exhausted now.

“Let’s go back to bed now so you can rest properly.” “Are you sure you don’t want me in bed just so you can sneak kisses from me? I say in an amusing tone. You blush. “I... Well no... I mean, I wouldn’t be opposed to it but right now you need your rest and that’s more important to me.” “Really?” I lean in closer to her, so close that I feel her hot breath against my lips. It’s so cute how she’s having a difficult time focusing on my eyes instead my lips. “Let’s go to bed MinMin.”

And that’s how we spent the rest of the week together. Taking care of each other. Laughing and goofing around. Clinging to one another and never wanting to let go. I love all our late-night talks. And how could I forget all the goodnight and good morning kisses we’ve shared with each other?

Your wounds were slowly but surely healing. With time, some of your bruises started to fade and you no longer had a difficult time walking, yet that didn’t stop me from still making sure you didn’t overdo it. I talked it over with our boss Jeongyeon and she agreed that you should rest for at least another week much to your dismay.

“Aww are you sure I can’t go to work with you? I really feel fine enough to work, Jihyo.” I was busy getting ready while you keep whining. With any other person, I would find it irritating but with you I find myself smiling from ear to ear. “I know you don’t want to stay here but it’s for the best MinMin,” you begin to sulk harder.

“I’ll be back so we can have lunch together and I left breakfast for you on the table. I won’t be gone long.” “Anytime away from you seems like forever.” You can be worse than a little child but I wouldn’t change you for anything. “I promise I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible”. “I’m sorry for being like this. You should focus on work and getting there safely.”

Even though she tried to have a brave face I knew she was still upset. She’s not the best when it comes to hiding her true emotions. So, I pulled her closer to me and rested my forehead on hers. I see clear brown eyes gazing back at me. “Let me make it up to you. How about this weekend we invite Sana and Dahyun to dinner?

Her face instantly lit up. “That sounds like a good plan to me, pretty girl.” “Good I’m glad you like it. Well I have to get going to work now MinMin. I hate seeing sadness in her eyes. “Okay but call me as soon as you get there and if anything happens.” I laugh at your silly worries. “I promise you’ll be the first one I call.” “Okay well I won’t keep you any longer. I don’t want you to be late.”

Every ounce of my being didn’t want to let her go but I knew I had to. It took all my will power but I finally release my hold on her. I grabbed my briefcase and was headed out the door when I heard your voice.

“Have a great day my lady.” It was as small as a whisper but it completely tugged at my heart. I turned around with lightning speed and grasp my lips with yours. Just like you, I’ve become addicted to the zest of your lips. Needless to say, I was thirty minutes late for work but you’re more than worth it.

 

Our girl Jihyo seems to have been bitten my the love bug  and she has no defense against it at all. ^_~  Good job MinMin <3