Gravity Of Love

Daring Woman

*Warning this chapter has drama/violence and strong ual language in it.* 

 

I awake to the light of the moon’s beams shinning in my face. A serene way to wake up, until I realized I wasn’t alone in my bed. There’s a body clutched dearly to mine, tightly tucked in my arms. I take a quick glance over at the clock, which read one-thirty. A light snore pulls my attention away from the clock and back to the sleeping form beside me. I couldn’t stop the smile from forming on my face. She’s so cute when she’s sleeping. I wonder what she's dreaming about, but pray she's dreaming about me.

The more I glance over her the more she amazes me. She’s able to hold me captive, even in her sleep. I feel inseparable from her now. Everything I’ll ever need in life lies here beside me. Even if people judge us and look down on us. I won’t let go of this love we’ve created together.

I want to wake her with a kiss and tell her how beautiful loving her was for me, but I know she needs her rest. She’s worked so hard to get us back together. We’ve wasted too much time being away from each other. I happy that she’s mine again. Seizing the opportunity, I allow my eyes to trace over her body. I doubt I'll ever get tired of looking at her. The longer I watch her, the more I feel myself fall deeper in love with her.

As time passed by my longing for her grew. I know I shouldn’t disturb her, but the desire to feel her under my fingertips was too strong. I lightly caress her cheek and hoped that I didn’t disrupt her sleep. I could feel the warmth of her breath against my hand; slow and steady. She truly does look peaceful here in my arms; like an angel.

Gradually my fingertips make their way to her bare skin. I never noticed just how many beauty marks littered her body. One slightly above her right eyebrow, another two under her right eye. One on her nose. The next one on her lower cheek that leads to one in the middle of her neck. The next one lies just under her collar bone. The next one makes my heart skip a beat. Its location, in a very precarious position, just above the swell her left . Shall I trace this mark as well, I ask myself.

Seconds pass before my longing began to get the better of me. Still, I didn’t want to wake her, but this temptation is growing stronger as time slips by. Maybe a faint touch won’t wake up; I thought to myself. I make sure that my movements are slow and delicate. I check one last time to see if she is still sleeping and gently glade my fingertips across her skin. I wanted to be as quick as possible but I let it linger a few seconds.

If you wanted to touch me Mina, all you had to do was ask. I wouldn't have denied  you.” I froze at the sound of her voice. Had she been awake all this time? “So…sorry Jihyo. I…I didn’t mean to wake you” I said in a low voice. “Hmm, I bet,” she said with a chuckle.

What time is Mina?” I look over the clock and for a split second I forget how to tell time. “It…, it’s one-thirty three.” Where did this tremble in my voice come from? It hasn’t done that since the first time I really got to know her. Perhaps it’s from the way her eyes are locked directly onto mine. Or, maybe, it’s in the way I feel myself falling for her charms. No other has captured my heart like she has. I can’t remember any of my pass crushes, if you could call them that, before her.

So, you still haven’t explained why your fingertips were caressing me. Not that I mind, of course. Although, I was quite enjoying your breath against my skin.” Again, I’m rendered speechless. My mind becomes that of a blank canvas. When I still fail to answer her she lazily lifts herself from of lying beside me to hovering above me. She places both of her hands on either side of my head, while she places her knees on both sides of my hips. If she thinks I'm speechless now, I’m dead silent now.

Her eyes are curiously fixated on me like she was waiting for me speak. I would have said something, but I got lost in those angelic features of hers. There’s way to much beauty for me to take in this early in the morning. It’s taking all my strength not to lower my gaze and take another glimpse at her beautiful body.

What’s got my penguin up so late?” she asks in the most soothing voice I’ve ever heard. “Oh, it’s no… nothing. It’s just I never knew you had so many beauty marks. I guess I couldn’t help myself from touching you. I’m sorry.” She stares at me for the longest time. I wanted to ask her why, but she stops me with one glance.

Her eyes conveyed something I never wanted her to experience again… sadness. “No, you couldn’t have known about them. I...I hide them.” Her voice was so small and fragile that I almost didn’t hear her. “Why?” I questioned cautiously. It took her a moment to answer me. “They… my classmates... made fun of me because of them.”

This emotion of hatred filled my entire being. The only thing I want to do, is protect her from everyone that's made her feel anything less than perfect. “They used to tell me I was a constellation of ugliness.” A cynical sigh leaves her lips. How people can be so cruel to another human is beyond me.

If I could I would go back and protect her from all those idiots. In my anger I failed to notice she was silently crying. It wasn’t until I felt a single tear collide with my cheek, that I saw just how deep those scars went.

I reach out my hand to caress her cheek. Luckily for me she didn’t reject me. How can I make her see that she’s so much more than their words? I think long and hard and there’s only one solution I could come up with. With my other hand I take my finger and I start to trace a single word on her skin. “Mina?” I hate how unsure of herself she sounds. “It’s okay my love. I’m merely creating a new constellation on you.”

She looks at me with a questioning gaze but she doesn’t stop me. The letter M was my first mark. The letter I was the next. N makes the third letter I trace on her. I think she has an idea of what the final letter I’ll use, but instead of that, I traced an E. “You are a constellation Jihyo. You’re my constellation.”

I wanted to comfort her but with the way her eyes are fixated on me, I think I might have went over board. “I’m… I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to offend...” She didn’t give me a chance to finish before she swiftly placed her lips on mine. This kiss is different from any other kiss we’ve shared. This kiss was that of complete desperation. It felt as if she were trying to steal all the love I could ever give her. Once our lips parted I can clearly see the conflict in her eyes. “Ji...” “Make love to me again Mina. M… make me feel beautiful.” It breaks my heart hearing the way her voice cracks. I can see she’s on the verge of tears.

The only thing I could do was take her face carefully in my hands and wipe away any stray tears that may fall. “My love.” I whisper to her. She instantly gives me her full attention. “How can fix something that was never broken? You’ve always been beautiful to me my love. Please, I beg you, pay no mind to the memories of the past. I see how they’ve hurt you. But you have me now and there’s nothing I wouldn’t do make you happy.” I thought this would slow her tears, but they only increased them.

I pulled her body onto of mine and held her tightly. I didn’t care how long it takes, I’ll hold her until her tears stop flowing. I made it my vow that I’d do everything in my power to heal her wounds. “Shh it’s okay my love. I won’t let you go.” Her grasp around me grew tighter. her hair seemed to help calm her.

Mina?” Her voice was still small but it sounded brighter than before. “Yes Jihyo? Is there anything you need?” I try to make my voice as comforting as I can. She lifts herself slightly off me. I can still see pain in those big brown eyes of hers. “What must I do to comfort you Jihyo? Tell me and I'll do it.”

At this point all I want to see is her smiling face again. “I love you Mina. I…I can’t express how much I love you. How much you’ve changed my life for the better. I don’t ever want to feel distant from you ever again. My entire world revolves around you because you are my life. I’d die to know you’re safe and happy.” She grasps one of my hands and placed it over her heart. “This is my vow to you and only you.”

Ji...Jihyo.” Now I feel as if I’m on the verge of tears. She immediately placed a faint kiss on my lips. She then pampered me with kisses along my jaw all the way up to my ear. “I’m not going to do something as stupid as letting you go again. You don’t know how difficult it was not having you here by my side or waking up to you every morning.”

I want to kiss her so badly now. “You asked what you needed to do to comfort me and the answer is nothing. I’m so happy, where in your arms. I...” I didn’t give her time to finish. Our lips and our bodies will speak for themselves. She sighs deeply as I give her another kiss. Our lips glide effortlessly against one another as I feel her deepen our embrace. It’s almost as if she’s afraid I’d suddenly leave her. I hope she feels how serious I am about letting the past go. Our breaths blended together as we gradually break away from the kiss looking deeply in each other’s eyes.

Will you?” she asks me again. My heart quakes at the desperation in her voice. There’s nothing left for me to do but give in to her request. Not that I wasn’t going to do so anyway. I carefully switch our positions, so that I’m above her. “Don’t hide them.” She gives me a confused look. “Don’t hide what, Mina?” She gazes at me as if we’re the only two in the universe. “Those stars that grace your body. Don’t hide them. I love how they shine.”

She goes to speak, but stops herself. I'm dying to know what’s going on in that mind of hers. “Jihyo? What’s wrong?” “I… I’ll do anything you ask of me.” To say I was surprised to hear her say something like that would be an understatement. Never in a million years would I have thought I’d see her this vulnerable. We’ve come a long way, her and I. From her not wanting to have anything to do with me, to our first date, to the confession of our feelings towards one another. God she’s an amazing woman. I’m so thankful I won her heart.

I seized her lips with my very own. She tenses up at first but that quickly vanishes. It was a sweet gentle kiss. One of the sweetest we’ve shared together. Her arms gradually wrapped themselves around my waist as she slowly pulled me closer to her. Once the kiss ended I made sure I had her full attention.

My precious love. Do you know how much I love you?” She quickly nods her head. “Then you should know,  I’ll never ask anything of you, but your happiness. This is my vow to you.” She engulfs me in another kiss, which promptly transforms into two. Two kisses became three. Three kisses morph into ecstasy. Needless to say, I spent a majority of the night exploring my constellation.


 

The sound of pots and pans rattling in the kitchen stirs me from my slumber. I search for you, but you’ve left me alone and in bed. I didn’t have time to dwell on that. The aroma of your cooking draws me, along with my stomach, out of sleepiness. I’m tempted to join you in the kitchen, but I had to check my phone first. I didn’t want to miss any important calls.

It’s only took a few moments for my phone to boot up, but when it did, I felt the life leave my body. I had ten missed phone calls, all from him. The phone calls were one thing, but the text messages we’re down right disturbing.

Mihyo: Why aren’t you answering your phone????????

Mihyo: ARE YOU SERIOUSLY WITH THAT BIG ED NOW!!!

Mihyo: ARE YOU REALLY A ONE OF THOSE TYPES? THOSE HOMOS???? WHAT WOULD YOUR MOTHER THINK IF SHE KNEW HER ONLY DAUGHTER WAS ING GIRLS? IS THE SHAME REALLY WORTH IT?

Mihyo: REALLY!!!! YOU’RE WORST THAN THE IN THIS WORLD… AT LEAST A MAN CAN MAKE YOU PROPERLY

Mihyo: NEXT TIME I SEE YOU YOU REALLY WON’T LIKE IT… ESPECIALLY THAT


 

I couldn’t catch my breath reading all those hateful and disgusting words. What in the world is wrong with him? I couldn’t tell if he was being serious or not. Would he really cause any harm to me if we met again? I was so engrossed in the present moment that I failed to hear you calling out for me.

It wasn’t until you physically touched my cheek that I was able to tear my eyes away from my phone. “Mina? What’s wrong? I’ve been calling you for the past three minutes. I made us breakfast.” I just stared at her. My ears failed to pick up on a single word she said. “Mina, whats’ wrong? You look at if you’ve seen ghost.” When I still didn’t answer you took a set next to me. “Mina, please tell me what’s wrong?” I hate the sound of worry in her voice.

It...its.” I try to speak but I’m not sure if I should involve you or not. I never want to put you in harms way. But when I feel your hands cupping my face and I see the look of fear on your face, I don’t think I have much of a choice. We said we wouldn’t keep anything from each other, no matter what that was. Hesitantly I handed over my phone to her. She gives me a confused look. “Re… read it.”

You did as I asked without question. “Mina.” you gasped. “What the hell is his problem? Talking to you like that. We’ll go to the police as soon as it’s safe to drive on the roads. I’ll protect you, so don’t worry my love.” The way she was so adamant on my safety makes me smile, even if it’s a small one. I'm not so much worried about myself as I am compared to her. If he so much as looks at her the wrong way I… I don’t know what I’d do.

I zoned out again while you were making threats against him. With all that’s happened lately I’ve come to realize something my father told me a long time ago. When you have someone to protect, nothing else matters. He’s right, at this moment nothing matters to me other than you. My arms reach out subconsciously to hold you. In return you also held me securely in your arms. “Don’t leave my side Jihyo. Wherever you go I’ll follow. Distance doesn’t matter to me when it comes to you. I don’t know what’s going on inside his mind but, I will take the upmost precaution to keep you safe.”

Her hold on me tightens. “Don’t worry Mina. We’ll go to the police and hopefully they’ll have enough evidence to charge him. I won’t live in fear. Not now, not when I’ve finally found the one person I want to spend my life with.” I part from her just enough for our foreheads to touch. I lean in slightly to let our lips touch. “You’re my knight in a shinning dress Jihyo.” She calms my soul when she smiles. She peppers my back with loving kisses.

I won’t forgive him Mina.” Amazing how her eyes could switch between bright and cheerful, to dark and moody. “That’s completely understandable Jihyo. What he called you was...” “He called my lover a . I won’t forgive him.” I forgot how her voice could be just as intimidating as her eyes. “I don’t care what he says about me, but calling you that crossed the line.” The former Jihyo is starting to resurface. I must say, it’s quite attractive.

Automatically my lips find hers once more. “We’ll let the police handle it first my love. I don’t want you getting into trouble because of him.” That cute pout deserves another kiss. “Okay I’ll let them handle, but lets eat first. You must be so hungry.” On cue my stomach releases a low growl. “Oh my! I guess you really tired me out last night Jihyo.” “I...” A deep red blush adorns her face. She’s so cute.

Ahh… well...yes. Just get dressed and meet me in the kitchen Mina. I’ll be waiting for you.” It wasn’t a second later that she rushed out the bedroom. I hope today can revel positive results for us. I just want to be happy with my love. Although, I can’t shake this feeling of dread. I pray I’m wrong.

Ten minutes. That’s how long it took me to come to the realization that the police are utterly useless. The fact that this is a conservative country didn’t help our case either. I had shown them the text messages and let them hear the demanding voicemails. The only thing they could do was place a restraining order against him since they viewed this as a lover’s quarrel. Jihyo let it be known he was no lover of mine.

No matter how enduring that was I don’t think that helped us. One of the detectives had the nerve to accuse me of leading him on. That really set Jihyo off. She threaten to sue the entire police department for failing to do their job. I had to practically drag her out of the station before this caused anymore unwanted trouble.

We’re on our way back to my house. The car ride is dead silent. She hasn’t spoken since we left the police station. I want to comfort her, but the way she’s gripping the steering wheel I dare not to. Once we ‘re finally get back I want to ask her if she’s alright. But before I have the chance to do so, she’s already out of the car. I sigh heavily. This is not how I wanted to spend the day with her. I slowly make my way to my door. I don’t think I can handle a quiet Jihyo right now.

As I go to unlock the door I feel her place her hand in mine. “I’ll protect you Mina. I swear I will. With my life if I have to.” With the way her voice trembled I knew right away she was crying. “Jihyo...” I gathered her in my arms and held her tight. “This is all my fault. If I had been stronger against your mother none of this would be happening. Forgive me. Please forgive me.” The harder she cried the tighter her arms around me became. Not that I minded about that.

My love there’s nothing to forgive. I love you and we’ll get through this together.” I give her a small kiss in hopes of calming her. “Stay at my house for the time being. I don’t want you going anywhere by yourself Mina.” She’s so scared it breaks my heart, but if she was in my position I’d ask her to do the same. “Alright Jihyo. I’ll do as you ask.” “I’m sorry. I don’t mean to come off as demanding, but right now your safety is my upmost concern.” My protector indeed.

Let me grab a couple of my things and we can go to your home.” “Do you need any help?” I caress her cheek. Luckily this helped to ease her worried mind. “I got it my love. I won’t be gone for more than five minutes.” She nods her head, but her anxiety is at an all time high. “I promise only five minutes.” She finally let me go so I could unlock my door. I left the door open, more for her sake than mine.

It didn’t take me long to pack only the essentials. If I needed more then I would have to buy more. I didn’t know how long I’d be living at Jihyo’s place. Thankfully for me I made it back in time. I don’t want her having a heart attack all because I was a minute late. “You have everything you need?” I nod. “I think so.” “If you need anything else I’ll buy it for you. You don’t have to worry.”

I know this is a serious situation, but I can’t help finding her adorable. I caught a glimpse of a blush on her face. I guess I was staring a little. “Al...alright, shall we leave now Mina?” I take her hand as she leads me back to her car. It feels surreal having to leave the place I’ve called home for almost two years now. Jihyo must have sensed my uneasiness because I felt her hand in mine. “It wont be for long Mina. We just have to see if he makes anymore threats.”

You know Jihyo, dispute all that’s happened, I’m very grateful to have you.” Her hold on my hand tightens. “I should be the grateful one Mina. Without you I wouldn’t have the things money can’t buy. Friendship, happiness, your love.” She brings me so much comfort, that I could die from happiness. “You should know I feel the same way about you too. Speaking of friends we should tell Sana and Dahyun about what’s happening.” “You’re right. They have a right to know as well. I don’t want him coming after them as well.”

The rest of the car ride to Jihyo’s home was silent. “You can go unpack your things Mina. I'll let Sana and Dahyun know what’s going on.” “Okay Jihyo.” It didn’t take me long to find a place to put my things away. I wonder if I should call mother. I’m sure she’ll love knowing the “nice” boy she wanted me to date was really like. If I show her the text messages then she’ll know about Jihyo’s and I relationship.

I don’t care if she knows, but I know that’ll only complicate things between her and I. I know she’ll do anything in her power to separate Jihyo and I. That’s one of the reasons I moved to Korea, so I can live how I want without her judgmental eyes. I wish my dad were here. I know he’d love Jihyo. In the end I decided on not telling mother. It’ll be one less burden down the road.

Mi...Mina?” her soft voice pulls me away from my thoughts. “Umm… Sana would like to speak to you.” I know she must be worried sick about me. “I’ll give you two some privacy. I’ll be in the living room if you need anything.” Going by her voice and how fast she left from the room she still feels immensely guilty.

Mina, love, how are you? Jihyo told us what happened . Rest assured Dahyun and I have your back. Whatever you need just let us know.” It’s so comforting knowing you have people in your life that care so much about you. “Thank you Sana that really means a lot to me.” “I knew something was up with that guy when you almost had to beg him to let you take care of me. We need to be very careful. If you don’t mind, Jihyo said we could come over for the weekend. You know what they say. there’s safety in numbers.”

Of course it’s alright. We both miss you two. Though Jihyo is taking this very badly.” Hearing her sigh I know she feels the same. “I know I can tell in her voice. She feels as if this is all her fault. She loves you so much. The thought of someone harming you terrifies her. You should have seen her when she thought she lost you.”
 

I never really thought about that. I just wanted her to feel like I did. Maybe if we had talked it out sooner things would be a lot different. “I’m happy that you’re back together again.”

I am too. Honestly I didn’t feel threatened when I’m with her. I feel at peace when she’s around me.” “That’s how love will make you feel. I won’t keep you any longer Mina. I’m sure you want to get back to your workout sessions.” Before my brain had a chance to process what she said, my mouth had already asked the question. “What workout session?” I hear her signature laughter. “Goodbye Sana.” I quickly hang up the phone. I feel the blush readily spread across my face. I need to find Jihyo.

I find her aimlessly watching TV. “Jihyo?” I asked. I didn’t want to scare her. “Oh Mina, you’re done packing your things already?” I slightly nod my head. “Good, I’m glad.” It’s becoming awkward between us again and I hate that. I want things to go back like they were the previous night.
 

“Umm… would you like for me to cook you something?” I didn’t respond to her. I don’t know what I want, I just know I have to be near her. My legs acting on their own make their way in front of her. It was very subtle but I think I saw her flinch.

Do...does being in my presence make you uncomfortable Jihyo? I felt my tears begin to flow. “Of course it doesn’t.” She heaves a heavy sigh. “I just made a mess of things and now you’re being harassed. I hate myself for it.” She’s taking this harder than anyone. The only thing I could think of was to straddle her lap. “Mi...Mina what are you.” I silence her with a soft kiss. “I wanted to be in your arms Jihyo.”

This time there was no hesitation as her arms wrapped themselves tightly around me. “You said you would protect me right?” Her answer came instantly. “Of course. You know I will.” “Then there's  nothing for you to hate, my love. Don’t let him overshadow everything we’ve been through, because I won’t. You gave me the most beautiful night of my life.”

She looks at me and I can see many tears start to form in her eyes. “You’re too good to me Mina. Last night was so beautiful for me as well. You have no idea how much you’ve healed me. Tell me what would you like for us to do and we’ll do it.” I just want to comfort her.“Stay in my arms Jihyo and never let me go.” She instantly buries her face in my chest. “I love you Mina. Don’t let me go either.” she muffles. I would dream of letting her go again. We spent the rest of the day clinging to each other.

The weekend came and went. Dahyun and Sana both gave me great ideas on how to protect myself if I should met with Mihyo. Dahyun very kind and gave me a key sized bottle of mace. She said it works perfectly because she accidentally sprayed Sana with it…. She went down instantly. Sana however didn’t like Dahyun and I laughing at that story.

Sana however did try to teach me some defensive moves. She said they worked seemly well. It was good having them around. I could feel my nervousness lift quite a bit. Jihyo on the other hand stayed off to the back. Quietly watching over me. I could feel her intense gaze never leaving me. My silent protector.

The upcoming week was a bit different for me. I no longer wake up or sleep alone in a bed. I love this feeling. I love being held by her. I wish it was under different circumstances, but it’s fine if she’s here with me. True to her word she never let me out of her sight. Be it at work, or any open public place. She was always at my side.

If I worked late she would wait for me, so she could walk me to the car. If I had to go in early to the office she made sure to me to the front door. Sometimes I would find her sleeping at her desk or in the break-room. She's wearing herself out for my sake. I feel terrible at those times, but she never voiced any complaints. She would always greet me with that charming smile of hers.

Week two was just as uneventful as the previous week. I haven’t received any threatening text messages or voicemails from him. I feel like the nightmare is over. Jihyo on the other hand is still on edge. I try to reassure her but she insists something inside her tells her he’s not done yet. “He’s a coward and cowards always hide in the shadows.”

The look she gets in her eyes every time he’s brought up makes me think what if she is right? “Just bare it for a little longer Mina. I have to be absolutely certain he’s no longer a danger to you.” I have no reason not to trust her, but I hate how this is mentally draining the both of us. “Give it one more week and we can go back to some sort of normalcy Mina.” “I trust you Jihyo. If you think we need to wait, then that’s what we’ll do.” “I know this all tiring for you Mina. I don’t mean to hover over you whenever you want to do something.”

I worry when I see dark circles developing under eyes. She hasn’t slept peacefully in days. She tosses and turn in her sleep, as if she’s in a constant nightmare. “Promise me Jihyo, that when this is over, you’ll get some rest. Please… for me.” I felt my voice wavier at the end. I couldn’t help it. She gently caresses my face. It’s so soothing when she starts massaging small circles on my cheek with her thumb. I lean into her touch as she gazes at me with those stunning brown eyes of hers.

I propel myself towards her until I feel her breath on my skin. “It’s been far too long hasn’t it Mina? Since we’ve had a peaceful night together.” “You’re right Jihyo. It’s been far to long for…” Before I could finished my statement, her lips seized mine. I tensed up at her sudden actions but that quickly faded. We became familiar again with each other’s lips. It was a sweet gentle kiss. Her arms gradually wrapped themselves around my waist as she slowly pulled me closer to her.

One more week and I promise you, you can have me all to yourself. You know you’re the best at helping me relax.” A blush spreads across my face. “Alright Jihyo, but I really want you to rest. Let me take care of you like you’ve done for me.” It’s a pleasant surprise when she smiles at me. “Like I said before, I’ll do anything you ask of me Mina.” I give her lips a quick kiss. “I Love you Jihyo.” I love you more Mina.”

Finally the third weeks is coming to an end. Jihyo has been at her highest alert this whole week. She never let me out of her sight. It’s the end of the day and I’m the most anxious than I've been these last few weeks. I guess it’s because I want to put this whole nightmare behind us. No one should have to ever live in fear because of another person. But luckily for me my hero has done everything in her power to keep me safe. Tonight the only thing I want to do is pamper her like she deserves.

Are you ready to go Mina?” Her voice pulls me out of my thoughts. “Yes I am.” I know she’s trying to be strong for me but I can see she’s just as anxious as I am. “Where would you like to go out to eat Mina?” Well this is a first. Usually we have a meal at her home or with Sana and Dahyun at their home. She must have sensed my surprised because she quickly closes the distance between us.

I know this is unexpected, but I want us to have a good time tonight. We’ll go wherever your heart desires Mina.” The only thing my heart desires is her. “To be honest I don’t mind anything as long as it’s with you.” She checks if we’re the only ones in the office before she pulls me in for a long lingering kiss. It’s been so long since we’ve kissed like this. Dare I say I’ve become addicted to it already.

Seconds is all it takes for my body to yearn for hers. It takes all my willpower not to deepen the kiss. “Jihyo...” I whisper. I hear her chuckle a bit. “Hopefully all my kisses tonight will keep you whispering my name.” I want more than her kisses tonight. “We can skip the meal Jihyo.” Surprise is etched on her face. “But...” “I don’t want him depriving us anymore of intimate moments together. Whether it’s emotionally, mentally, or, physically.”

I take her hand in mine and I raise it to reach my lips. “Not anymore. I need you Jihyo.” I kiss each of her fingertips. I did not try to hide the desperation in my voice. I have no secrets to hide from her. From the way her eyes suddenly darkened, we both shared the same thoughts. She gives me one last kiss before she leads me out the door.

We’re almost out the door when she suddenly stops. “I forgot my purse.” I laugh softly a bit. I couldn’t blame her for forgetting her things. My mind, too, is clouded. “I’ll get the car Jihyo, while you go get your things.” I know she wants to protest me but she doesn’t. “No more wasting our precious time, right, Mina?”

I smile as she’s finally allowing herself to be happy. “I’ll be as quick as possible Mina.” She gives my hand a kiss before I make my way to the parking garage. It’s still pretty early in the afternoon so the sun was still high in the sky. It makes it feel less colder than it really was, much like she does. Jihyo… I already miss the touch of her hands.

I’m too lost in my thoughts of her to notice someone creeping from behind. “Well if it isn’t miss !!!” Mihyo… “W...what are doing here?” I tried my best to hide the fear in my voice. “I’ve come to go on our date, you moron.” He hissed at me. His voice was deprived of all emotion. His eyes were as black as charcoal. I hated the sound of his laughter.

Where’s that of a bodyguard of yours at? Busy giving s in the company office to come to your rescue?” That remark made my blood boil. “How dare you say such vile things about her!” He’s unaffected. “Did I strike a nerve with my remark?” I know he’s toying with me, but degrading my lady is something I can not forgive.

Tell you what, I’ll let her give me a and you can watch. How’s that?” I didn’t realize how hard I was clenching my fist until I felt a sharp pain in my hand. The car keys Jihyo gave me. Attached to them is the pepper spray Dahyun gave me. If he makes any sudden movements, I won’t hesitant to use it.

What’s wrong Mina? Are you thinking about taking me upon my offer?” I feel my jaw clench in reflex. His voice is the one I hate the most. “Go home Mihyo and leave Jihyo’s and I relationship alone.” I realize I’m not much of a fighter, in fact I don't like conflicts. I decided that the best thing for me to do was to walk as fast as I can to her car before anything bad happened.

When I tried to leave he shifted to block my path. “Where do you think you’re going you little ”? He roughly grasp my arm. “Let me go now!” I screamed. “You might want to be quiet or else I’ll be forced to use this.” From the corner of my eye I saw a flash of sliver. A butcher’s knife was waved inches from my face.

In that moment I froze in fear. I forgot everything Sana and Dahyun taught me. I forgot the pepper spray in my hands. I forgot how to scream for help. I’m petrified with fear when he raises it above his head. That smirk on his face was that of pure evil. “If I scar that face of yours, I wonder if that will you love you anymore?” He jeered. My attention is no longer on his insulting words but on the knife he has aimed at me.

You bore me Mina and I hate being bored. Shall we make this more interesting?” His voice shrieks in my ear. I tried to call out for help but he quickly placed his hand tightly around my neck. “S…stop!” I wheezed as it became harder to breathe. I started to black out when I saw the knife raise to it’s highest point before being swung down. The last thing I remember is my name being called before I fell to the ground. His grip around my neck loosed and I was finally able to take a much needed breath of air.

Run Mina. Now!” That voice, I know that voice. “Ji...Jihyo?” My voice still hadn’t fully recovered, so it came out as more if a crook. “You . Why do you always have to ruin everything? I’ll kill you for that!” My heart stopped when I saw the both of them wrestling over the knife.

She fighting so hard to gain control over this fight, if you could even call it a fight. He’s so much taller than her but she’s not letting go of him. I lose sight of the knife for a brief second as the both tumble to the ground. It makes its reappearance again in a split second later. I hear her hiss in pain as she uses her hand to defend herself from his slash. “Jihyo!” I finally made my voice work on my command. I don’t think I’ve ever raised my vice as high as I did in that moment.

Run now!” She repeats herself. How could I run and leave her fighting for her life, while she’s protecting mine? “You’re really going to die for this lying ?” “I would, but I don’t plan on dying today.” My heart sank to the bottom of my stomach. The struggle was growing more intense as the seconds pass by. She managed to knock him off her with a hard right punch to his face.

The force from the punch was enough for him to lose his grip on the knife. It’s only then that I noticed all the blood on the ground. Blood, I hate the site of blood. Is...is hers? When he raised his knife to me the first time why didn’t I feel the blade strike me. In my horror I realized she must have taken his attack for me.

My blood ran cold at the thought of her getting hurt because of me. I willed my body on my feet. I must get to her at all costs. I look for the nearest object I could use as a weapon. “Ahh, you damn dog! You bite me!” My hatred for him grew immensely when I saw him slap her across the face, while he had her pinned against a pillar.

The only thing in my mind is he harmed the only person that truly loves me. In a state of intense fury, I grabbed the nearest object to me; a medium sized stone. By the time I had reached the both of them she had managed to knee him in the groin and headbutt him causing him to lose his balance.

Stumbling backwards he and I made eye contact. I’ve never hated someone so much in my life. I raised the stone in my hand and smashed it over his skull. It happened so fast, one second he was standing in front of me/ the next he was lying on the floor unconscious. I didn’t give a damn about him. My only concern was my lover.

Jihyo!” She’s covered in blood and breathing heavily. “Jihyo are you okay?” It’s a stupid question, I know, but I have to know how’s shes feeling. “Min… Mina. You’re not hurt are you?” she asks weakly. “I’m fine my love. All thanks to you.” Even though I know she’s in severe pain she still manages to smile at me.

Jihyo…I’m so sorry. If I hadn’t froze… you wouldn’t have...” I breakdown into tears and sobs. I hate myself at the thought of my carelessness. “Shh, my love. As long as you’re unharmed, I have no regrets protecting you.” I so badly wanted to hold her but I was afraid that might make her injuries worse, so I gently caressed her face. “Mina...I’m cold.” That’s all she said before her body went limp. I tried calling out to her one last time. “Ji...Jihyo!” I screamed but received no response.

 

 

First of all I'd like to thank my readers that have stuck with this story even when i didn't update it like it should have been. <3 Happy Jihyo Day

Also if you couldn't tell I like the hurt/comfront style ^^ so next chapter let the healing begin. I promise it won't take me forever to update <3