I'm Your Girl?

Daring Woman

Hello my lovely readers, It’s been awhile hasn’t it? I didn’t mean to take this long to update this story but hopefully this chapter can make up for the long time away. ^^  

 

 

“Are you ready, Jihyo?” It was a modest question, yet why I’m having a difficult time answering her? I mean who wouldn’t be anxious when you’re about to meet your girlfriend’s mother for the first time.

She’ll only be here for the weekend, so Mina is very excited. Although, that means I won’t get to see her very much if any this weekend. Her mother will be staying at her home.

The plan today is to meet her mother at a little café that Mina loves. From there her and her mother would take their rental car her to go sightseeing before returning to her home.

I’m glad they’ll finally get some mother daughter time together. I can’t imagine how much she misses her mother. I know I couldn’t stand being away from my mother for so long.

It’s going to be a great weekend for her, although for me it’s going to be the loneliest one I’ve ever spent. It’s going to be strange without her here to annoy me. I’ll have no one to wrap their hands around me at night or tell me corny jokes. How is it possible to miss someone when they’re in the same room as you?

Even after all this time we’ve been together, and I’m still amazed I have someone I can call my own. I don’t want this meeting to go wrong for her. That’s the least she deserves.

She’s been so patient with me these past few weeks since our little incident, or should I say my colossal mishap. Whenever we’re together I feel as if I’m opening my heart to her all over again.

My cheeks get incredibly warm whenever she’s near me. Whether it’s a quick glace of those bright brown eyes, or a simple touch of her hand. I lock up and lose all my composure.

Subconsciously, I find myself scrutinizing every curve, every beauty mark of her face as if it’ll be my last time. Like an idiot it takes me a second to snap back to my usual self.

I’m forever indebted to her. Despite my times of uncertainty, she’s always there to give me a comforting smile. She is the reassurance I need to know everything will be alright.

A gentle giggle is all I heard before I realize what’s going on. “You’re not going to answer my question anytime soon are you, Jihyo?” Her question…? Oh, that’s right. I completely forgot about that.

Can you see now how she has this effect on me? Even her voice causes my thoughts to scatter all over the place.

“Hey what’s wrong Jihyo? Are you not feeling well? Do you want to skip out on meeting her? I don’t mind if you don’t want too?” It aggravates me, how my tongue refuses to form the words I so desperately want to say.

“Come here.” She reaches out her hands to me and I take them without questioning. “Talk to me Jihyo. I want to know what’s going on inside that head of yours.” I realize how close she is to me. We’re practically sharing the same breath.

“I... I umm.” I try to say but I’m still unable to speak. “You know you can tell me anything right?” I know she’s right. I have no reason to act like this towards her. I finally gather all my thoughts together and let her know what’s on my mind.

“I’m okay Mina. I’m just nervous about this meeting. I don’t want to say or do anything stupid in front of your mother.”

She releases a small mummer before looking me in the eyes. I feel my breath hike within my lungs. Is it possible to die from a single look?

“That’s unconceivable for you to do Jihyo. You’re the smartest woman I know. Look how successful you are and at such a young age. That not a feat that many can boast.”

There she goes making me feel as if I have the whole world in my hands. I want to give her half as much as what she’s given me.

“I… I just want this lunch to go well for us. I mean what if I accidentally reveal that I’m the one that got you hit by a car. Or what if I let it slip that we’re together and she ends up hating you? What if....”

Before I could finish my statement, my lips are apprehended by hers. Knowing her there’s no telling when she’ll release them. Out of all the temptations I possess, her lips are my greatest weakness. I’m falling deeper into her warm embrace, much like I did that night.

It frightens me how I can’t seem to get that night off my mind. It’s gotten pass the point where I’ve began to have thoughts of her kissing more than my lips.

I know I shouldn’t be having thoughts like this, but I can’t help it, even if I attempted too. How could anyone when she caresses you with all the care in the world. I contemplate if there’s a possibility she’s ever had the same thoughts as I. I wonder...

Thankfully for me she breaks the kiss and my mind can function again. “Hi”, she softly speaks to me. “H... Hi.” I barely answer her. She sets my heart on fire when she lightly caresses my cheek.

“I know you’re scared my beautiful lady, but you have nothing to worry about. You should know that I’d proudly tell anyone that I have someone precious enough to protect at all costs.”

I unintentionally released a small squeak. I’m at a complete loss of words. She’s never been one to hide how she feels about me and it’s got me blushing madly.

“As for my mother. I don’t care if she finds out about you and me. I’m honored to have you as my girlfriend. I know she’ll have a difficult time accepting us but know this. That will never detour my heart from what we’ve built together. You make me so happy and there’s nothing in the world that I wouldn’t do for you.”

I witness every day why her soul is the only one mine could have ever fallen in love with.

I’m in love with her. It’s a fact that I’ve known for quite some time now. It’s only grown stronger since the day she put my life in front of hers.

I love her, and it scares me to death. I’m terrified at how easy it is for her to get me out of my comfort zone.

I would have never dreamed of ice skating or having a dinner party with our new friends. To be honest I never thought I’d have friends in the first place, but I do thanks to her.

“But you know what?” Her sweet voice lulls me out my thoughts. “I know my dad would’ve loved you. Just like him, I too have an Achilles’ heel against pretty brown eyes.”

“I...” I couldn’t think of anything to say, not that words are necessary now. “Just be yourself my pretty lady and I know she’ll love you.”

Amazing how she’s able to calm me like no other. “Do... Do you think that’ll be good enough for her to like me Mina?” “Of course, it is. I wouldn’t be here in your arms if it wasn’t.”

One day those words and that gummy smile are going to be the end of me. “Let’s go now pretty girl, we don’t want to be late.” She gives my lips one last kiss before we head out to my car.

I know she told me not to be nervous but the thirty-minute drive to the cafe seemed like the longest in my life. I keep replaying different scenarios in my mind of how I could completely screw this meeting up.

I probably would have kept tormenting myself if it hadn’t been for a warm hand guiding itself into my own. “You’ll do great Jihyo. I know you will.”

She says before kissing my hand. “You’ll help me when I need it?” “You don’t have to ask, you know I will.” For the first time today, I feel a smile tug at my lips. I feel a renewed confidence in myself as she tightens her hold on me.

Well this is it. We’ve finally made our way to the café and I can tell from the pictures Mina has showed me that her mom is already waiting for us. “Now remember what I told you and you’ll do fine. Oh, and one last thing Jihyo. You look absolutely beautiful today.”

Before I get a chance to tell her anything she’s already out the car and making her way to her mother. I must laugh at her antics. There is truly no one like her. I take a couple of seconds to prepare myself before I too make my way to where they are.

“Mom I’d like you to meet my best friend Park Jihyo.” “Well I finally have the honor of meeting the infamous Park Jihyo that my daughter talks so highly of.” I look over at Mina to find her grinning like crazy. I really shouldn’t be surprised by her mother’s words but it’s still nice knowing she talks about me like she does.

“It’s nice to finally meet you as well Miss, Myoui. Mina told me you were pretty, but I didn’t expect you to be this pretty.”

I think I made a great first impression judging from the way she’s blushing now. “Jihyo you’re flattering me too much.” I see where Mina gets her cute giggle from.

“Okay enough small talk. Let’s sit down and have a bite to eat. Jihyo I would love to hear more about your work. Mina tells me you’re one of the best in the business. I know my daughter admires you greatly.”

Hearing all this makes me giddily on the inside. It’s nice to see Mina being the one that’s shy now. “Come on mom let’s eat. I’m sure Jihyo has a lot of work to get done and I want to show you more of the city before you have to leave.”

It’s so cute watching her trying to get her mother to have a sit. I’ll have to find out later just how much she talks about me with her mom.

Lunch went a lot better than expected. All three of us were laughing and having a great time talking any and everything. Mina was right all I had to do was be myself and I’d have nothing to worry about, or so I thought.

“Jihyo I can’t thank you enough for looking after my Mina while she’s been here in Korea. You don’t know how easy I can rest at night knowing you’re taking great care of her, especially after that horrible accident she was involved in.”

And just like that, I feel my heart constrict in my chest. “I… umm… I… you’re welcome.” I feel all my resolve leave my body. My once confident self is reduced to nothing but looking at the floor. I had hoped this would be a subject we wouldn’t discuss.

“Mom, what did I tell you about that? It was an accident and I’m almost completely healed now.” I could hear the tension in her voice and its making my anxiety swell.

“I know, you’ve told me that countless times already but you’re my only daughter and I love you very much. I just can’t forgive any friend of yours that could be so careless. You put your life on the line due to their incapability to look where they’re going. No one would blame you if you allowed them to get hit instead.”

I’m barley able to wheeze out a breath once those words flow out of . My palms feel sweaty suddenly. I attempt to take a sip of my water by my hands are trembling too badly. Never have I let something affect me like this.

“Mother! How could you say something so cruel as that?” “Well it’s how I feel Mina? You’re too kind to this friend of yours. They have the nerve to almost get you killed and yet they’re nowhere to be found when you need help.”

“You don’t what happened that night mother. If you did you wouldn’t be saying those words.” I’ve never seen Mina this upset before. “Maybe if you’d tell me everything that happened, then maybe I’d change my mind.”

It’s happening, just like I knew it would. They’re fighting and it’s all my fault. If I had been paying more attention, then she would have never been hit. Her mother is right, I should have the one to get hit.

With every pant I make it becomes harder and harder to breathe. I knew this meeting was a mistake. I should have trusted my instincts and never came. I should have let them enjoy their time together alone.

“Jihyo darling what do you think? Am I right or wrong.” Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts.  I my haste I nearly knocked over my glass of water. “I…I’m… sorry what was that?” I saw how she gave me a funny look before repeating the question.

“Mother don’t bring Jihyo into this.” “I’m not. I just want her honest opinion on the situation. After all she was the one to care for you. Jihyo you must hate this person as much as I do, right?”

In a matter of seconds, I have two eyes glued on me. One set was pleading for me not to answer, while the others were impatiently waiting for my response. Which one do I follow? I don’t want to make anyone of them upset.

“Umm… I’d… I’d… have to agree with you Miss Myoui...” As soon as those words left my mouth I saw disappoint in her eyes. The only eyes that should matter to me. If this was a test, I’d fail miserably. “See, I told you Mina. You have looked out for your own wellbeing.”

“Do you really think I should have let her get hit, Jihyo?” I dared not look at her, not when her voice sounds this strained. I think I may end up crying if I saw the expression I knew she had etched on her face. The only thing I could do was nod. There’s nothing I fear more than her silence.

“So, if I were the one in danger, you would allow me to get hit, Jihyo?” Her question paralyzes my whole body. I have no choice but to slowly raise my gaze to meet hers. I should have kept looking at the floor. My heart and soul were not ready for such a piercing gaze.

“Would you, Jihyo?” Her voice this time sounds so small and meek. I didn’t know my careless answer could affect her this much. I hated it, but it hated it more because I’m the one that caused it. If there was anytime for me to be the brave and honest person that she admires, now is the time.

“If it was you that was in danger, of course I’d risk it all to save you.” She seems like she’s searching my face for and deception. I swear to you I’m not lying. If I could go back I would.

“Then you already know why I did what I did, Jihyo.” A blush forms across my face. I wish I could be like her, confident in my answers. “I do… I just wish it never happened.” I thought I’d never see that smile of hers again after that mishap. “I know you do but it’s in the past now. I’m all better now thanks to you.”

She doesn’t know how wonderful she makes me feel. My blush slowly creeps to my ears now. I got so lost in her smile that, I’d forgotten we weren’t alone until her mother let out a small cough.

“So…sorry about that Miss Myoui. I guess we got caught up.” I nervously let out a laugh. But Mina kept her gaze on me which made me even more anxious. “You know you two sound awfully like a couple.”

My heart literately fell through the floor. I didn’t mean to be so evident with what I said. But I can’t help it. It just naturally comes out when we’re together.

I must think of something quick, so she doesn’t suspect anything. I try to change the subject, but Mina beats me too it. “It would be an honor to anyone, to have Jihyo by their side.”

I’m too young to have a heart attack this soon. I hope that she’s not about to tell her mother about us. She already hates me, and she doesn’t even know it.

“I see...” Oh god I hope she didn’t put two and two together. “Speaking of which, I want you to have this.” I heave a sigh of relief as she pulls out a small piece of paper from her bag.

I must admit my curiosity is at its maximum when I see Mina’s face contort in confusion. “Is this a number?” A number? A number to what, I thought.

“Yes, it is a number that just so happens to belong to a very handsome boy I met on the train ride here. He and you are about the same age and he’s actively looking for a sweet and kind girl. So, I told him about you and he’s very interested in meeting you. I think you two would make such a cute couple.”

It happened also simultaneously. Both Mina and I gave each other a surprised look. She couldn’t be serious about this right? Does she think meeting some random person is truly what her daughter wants?

“Mom, I told you I don’t need your help in finding anyone.” It irritates me how her mother just scoffs at her. “Obviously you do because you’ve yet to introduce me to a potential husband.”

I feel as if I’ve been shot through the heart. “I mean can you believe it Jihyo? As old as she is, and she’s never had a boyfriend.” I saw how that comment made Mina flinch.

My insides were a complete mix of emotions but mostly anger is what I felt the most. I wanted so badly to tell her that she has no need for such a thing. I’m here, I’m the one she truly wants. I’m her girlfriend. I want to be the only one that can say she’s mine and mine alone.

Mina must have sensed my apprehensions before she spoke up. “Mother, like I’ve said, I don’t need your help in finding anyone. I’m perfectly fine with the friends I have.”

“That’s not my concern Mina. I mean what will all the people back home say about you? How am I supposed to look at my all my friends’ children getting married and having children, when my very own won’t even at least try to date?”

Mina told me her mother could be intrusive, but I didn’t think it could be this bad. I hate this is affecting Mina. She looks so conflicted at her mother’s words. I wish there was something I could do to help her. Maybe I can say something to help smooth everything out between them.

“Jihyo, sweetheart won’t you try to talk some sense into her. I know she’ll listen to you.” Oh no not again. I’m not good at these types of questions. I mean I don’t want her to argue with her mother anymore. I don’t know what to do at this point. My mind is a jumbled mess.

“Well what do you say Jihyo? Wouldn’t it be nice for her to meet him?” What do I do? Do I please my girlfriend and have continue to argue with her mother? They barely get to see each other, and I don’t want this to end on bad terms.

Or do I please her mother and possibly have my girlfriend never speak to me again? I decided to do what was best for her sake, or at least I prayed she’d view it like that.

“Oh… umm… we… well I mean maybe it wouldn’t hurt to at least meet with him.” I can’t believe something like that came out my mouth.

I can’t fully read her expression, but I know it’s one that makes my heart sink. Is… is it hate…? Oh god does she hate me?

The more I observe her the more I see how my actions are tearing her up inside. The light that once filled her eyes has all but faded away. All that’s left is a shell of what they once were.

“Do you really think that, Ji…soo?” I try my hardest to steady my breath. That name, my birthname. It’s not even a name my own mother calls me anymore. Somehow, I’ve singlehandedly managed to dig my own grave.

“Of course, she does, Mina, and I think so too. This will be really good for you and your future.” Her future? Her future should be with me only and not some boy. I wanted you to rip that flimsy piece of paper up and never think about anyone but me.

That’s what my heart wants me to say but again, I’m still that same timid girl. Always too weak to voice her opinion or defend herself. I guess some things never change.

“Alright.” She sounds so broken and it’s my damn fault. I’m too weak to have someone so priceless in my grasp. “I’m so happy and I know once you meet him you’ll be happy too.” She looks at her mother with a smile but unlike her mother, I can tell it’s a lie.

There’s no emotion behind it. It doesn’t shine like the ones she gives me every day when we wake up together. There’s no cheerfulness in her voice, like the times she wishes me a good morning. Or when she tells me goodnight are giving me a loving kiss.

“Jihyo, I do hope you wont mind me stealing her for today but there’s just so much we have to do to prepare for her date. We must get your hair and makeup done, not to mention buying you a pretty dress. I can’t wait. I’ll be waiting in the car dear. And Jihyo it was an absolute pleasure to finally meet you. I can understand why Mina likes you so much.”

I’m not too sure how she’ll feel about me after the mistakes I’ve made today. “It was nice meeting you as well Miss Myoui. I hope you have a safe trip to Japan.” We both bow, and she eventually leaves me and Mina alone before she must leave as well.

How do I approach her, my heart wonders? She still hasn’t spoken to me nor will she look at me. I don’t blame her at all. I’m the worst girlfriend ever. God, I hope she can forgive me, not that I deserve it.

“Mi… Mina?” I try to reach out to her hand, only for her to yank it out of mine. “Don’t you dare say my name!” I flinch along with several other people nearby. I’ve never heard her raise her voice to me.

“I’m sorry, I…” My words faltered when I saw she was on the verge of tears. I stood there frozen in place not knowing how I could ever ease this pain I caused her. A pain that I take full responsibility for.

“H… how could you?” I’ve never in my life seen someone look at me with such disgust in their eyes. “To think you could easily pawn me off on another when I thought… I … I thought you loved me.”

It physically hurt to breath when those words came out . Slap me, curse at me but please don’t ever think that.

“Please, Mina let me explain.”  I try once again. “I can’t believe I was stupid enough to believe anything that came out your deceitful mouth!”

I feel as if I’m in a nightmare when I she harshly shoves herself pass me and out the door. “Min…” Now it’s my time to have my tears overfill my eyes. I can honestly say I’d rather be hit by two cars than to ever hear those words from her.

My legs fail me, and I collapsed to the fall to the floor. “Hey, miss are you okay?” Someone asks but it doesn’t register to me. Nothing does anymore.

I’ve lost her warmth, her kindness but most of all I’ve lost the love of the only person who was able to see pass my walls. She’s melted my heart but all I’ve done is break hers. I hate myself so much……

 

 

So it’s safe to say Jihyo really shot herself in the foot. Will she be able to save her relation ship with Mina? You’ll have to stay tuned to the next chapter ^^ Again I’m sorry for the wait. I didn’t know it had been awhile since I updated this but hopefully my other mihyo stories were enough to hold you over <3