Addiction

Daring Woman

For this chapter I decided to write it from Mina's point of view =D let me know what you think ^^ 

The first part are text messages 
 

M: I’m sick and I miss you ….

J: I told you not to go out and make snow penguins, didn’t I? lol

M: I know you were right but I couldn’t help it. We don’t get a lot of snow in Japan.

J: Did you take your medicine?

M: I did and it tasted horrible.

J: I know it does but it’s the only way for you to get better.

M: If I want to get better then I think I need something else.

J: Oh really? And what might that be?

M: You and those soft lips that you possess.

J: You remind me of a cat, you know that?

M: How so?

J: One kiss and you’re hooked.

M: Believe me, I was hooked long before you kissed me.

J: You really don’t have a sensor for your mouth, do you?

M: Perhaps not but I only speak what my heart tells me too.

J: So, if I was there with you, what would your heart tell you to do?

M: Are you going to make fun of my answer?

J: Depends on what you say.

M: Well… I would like it if we could cuddle.

J: Is that all?

M: Well I’d like to kiss you but I don’t want to make you sick. I know you have work early in the morning.

J: If I were the one that was sick you would come be my side, wouldn’t you?

M: In a heartbeat.

J: Do you have anything warm that you can eat to help speed up your recovery?

M: I don’t know. I haven’t felt well enough to go check.

J: Have you eaten today?

M: Not really

J: Mina!!! It’s nearly five in the afternoon.

M: I know I know. I’m not great at taking care of myself when I’m sick.

J: You’re right. You are terrible at it

M: Thank you doctor Jihyo

J: Are you running a fever?

M: I was but I think it broke, although I still feel warm.

J: Mina you make me so worried about you when you’re sick.

M: I’m sorry I don’t mean to do that.

J: You know they’re saying we could get more snow this afternoon. How am I supposed to rest easy knowing that you’re sick and I can’t get to you when you need me?

M: I’m sorry I truly wasn’t thinking when you warned me. I’ll be fine though, my lady. I’m sure I can make myself something for the time being until I feel well enough to cook properly.

J: I don’t believe you… Come to your front door.

M: My front door? Why?

After several minutes

M: Jihyo???

That’s weird. Why would she tell me to go to my front door? As soon as I tried to move my body I was wrecked with aches and pains. I didn’t think I had enough strength to get out of bed but something in me willed my feet to carry me to my door. I’m glad I did because standing there as I opened the door was my beautiful girl. “Ji…Jihyo what are you doing here? It’s dangerous to be out here in these conditions.” “I know but I had to make sure my little penguin was okay.” I can tell she wasn’t used to saying such things because as soon as the words left she turned a bright shade of red. She’s so cute when she gets self-conscious, I thought to myself.

“Anyway, I brought some things to make you more soup and juice so you can rehydrate yourself.” I stood there gazing at her like an idiot but I didn’t care. I was too taken back by her kindness. If I wasn’t sick I’d like, no I’d love to caress her now. “You know it would be nice if I could maybe come inside,” you tease. Now I’m even more taken back by your smile. “You really aren’t going to let me in, are you?” Thankfully my brain finally registered the situation. “Oh goodness! Please come in. I’m sorry I didn’t mean to keep you waiting so long.” I quickly ushered you inside.

“You didn’t have to come see…” I didn’t get a chance to finish my statement as you were already caressing my face with soft touches. I momentarily forgot how to breathe. “You’re still warm. You must feel awful, right?” I didn’t trust my voice not to reveal how nervous I was, so instead I just nodded. It’s strange, really. We’ve been together for almost five months now but I still get shy whenever you look at me a certain way or show how worried you are for me.

“Here I want you to lie on the couch. I bought you one of my favorite blankets to keep you warm.” You lead me over and help me find a comfortable position to lie in. “It won’t take me long to finish your soup. If you need anything at all just call or text me, I don’t want you moving if you don’t have too. Do you need anything before I start? Like a snack or something to drink.” I find myself lost for words again. I hear you chuckle lightly.

“I’ll be back shortly Mina.” As you turned to walk in to the kitchen I quickly reach out and grab your hand. “I don’t need anything because you’re here with me.” You look directly into my eyes before speaking. “Of course, there’s no other place I’d rather be.” You offer my hand a small kiss. Again, I’m struck with the overwhelming urge to place my lips on yours. I know you get shy whenever I ask for one but how can I not when you’re this sweet to me. “I’ll be as quick as I can.” Without any more words you left me and I instantly miss your presence.

I try my best to lie as still as you asked me to but with me being sick that was proving to be difficult. I tossed and turned for God knows how long and I couldn't get comfortable plus, I really wanted to see you. I might get yelled at but it'll be worth it. So, I carefully made my way to the kitchen. I took a quick glance around the corner to find you at the stove. It's enduring to see how concentrated you are on making me something yummy to eat. To anyone else you would have looked ordinary but to me you looked like a goddess.

“You can stop sneaking around now, Mina. I know you're here.” I tried to hide the little gasp that I emitted but it was already too late. I had been spotted. And the amazing thing is that you didn't even have to look away from the stove to know I was there. “How did you know I was there?” I say while taking a seat. “You're not exactly unpredictable,” you laugh. Besides, you practically never leave my side when I'm near you and as hard as you're breathing I think you could wake the dead.” Ahh not only is she a great cook but she's highly intelligent. That makes me fall deeper for her.

“I'm thankful you're here though because the soup is done.” I'm glad she was finished because my stomach released a loud enough moan for us both to hear. “I see someone's eager to eat.” That caused us both to laugh. “After you eat I'll give you your medicine.” I nodded in agreement. It felt like ages since the last time I'd eaten. I tried to feed myself but I couldn’t quite grasp the spoon well enough. I guess I was still weak from the fever. “Here let me help you.” You gently take the spoon from me and carefully fed me the soup which was delicious. I couldn’t have asked for a better girlfriend.

“You should have called me before you let yourself get so bad.” “I'm sorry. I didn't want to bother you while you were at work.” I felt her caress my face once more. “You should know you're more important to me than work.” I can feel my heart skip a few beats. She's not making it any easier for me to resist her. Next time I'll be sure to listen to what she tells me. “Let's go back to the couch and I'll give you your medication.” She carefully helps me to my feet. I'm able to get the sweet scent of her perfume. Every time I take a glance at those deep brown eyes of yours, I feel my legs go weak.

“Are you okay? Do you need to go to the hospital? “I hear the worry in your voice. “I'm fine really. I think I just need to rest for a while longer.” “Okay but if you start feeling worse let me know and we'll go immediately.” I find it cute how you made me pinky swear to it. Once we reach the couch you gave me my medicine and wouldn't let me lift a finger if I needed anything. I know it must be tiring for you but you never gave any indication of it.

“You know I don't think I've ever had a better nurse than you.” I say as you tuck me under the blanket. “Just how many nurses do you have at your disposal Myoui Mina?” I couldn't contain the laugh that escaped my lips when I saw how high you raised your eye brow. “I assure you, you're the only one I have.” I don't think my answer satisfied you as you still had a look of disbelief etched on your face. “I swear to you Jihyo, you're my one and only girl. I wouldn't play with your heart that way.” I was so happy to see that beautiful smile on your face.

“I know you wouldn't. I just like giving you a hard time.” “Aww you're so mean to me.” I curl myself into a tight ball under the blanket. I know it's childish of me to act like that but I'm sick. “Aww don't act like that Mina. I was just kidding with you.” I felt her try to pry me out of the blanket but it was no use. I wasn't about to budge. “Sweetheart what can I do to make it up to you.” She must really be desperate for her to use a pet name on me not that I mind at all.

“Well there is one thing that I'd like you to do.” “What is it?” I give it so thought before answering. “Will you hold me until I fall asleep?” I was nervous at how you would react I didn't know if I had overstepped my boundaries so, I prepared myself for rejection. To my surprise, you make a place for yourself on the couch and quickly enveloped me in a tight warm back hug. I felt so safe and secure in your arms that I knew I would hate the moment when I'd drift into sleep.

“How is this? I'm not holding you too, tightly am I? “I didn't think you'd do something like that because I'm usually the one that initiates the hand holding or the simple kisses on the cheek. “No, it's fine.” I couldn't stop the waver in my voice. “You'll let me know if you get too warm?” “Oh... Of course, I will.” We stayed there lying in perfect silence before you started to hum softly to me. I wasn't familiar with the tune of it so I guess it must be an old song.

“That's a beautiful song. May I know the title of it.” “I'm not sure what's it’s called. It's just something my mother used to sing to me when I wasn't feeling well or when I was scared. It's comforting isn't it.” I hum in response. “It's very comforting but I find that you're more soothing.” “Still cheesy even when you're sick, you say jokingly. “Would you expect anything less of me?” A light chuckle releases from you. “No, I wouldn't have it any other way.”

“I'm sorry if I get you sick like this.” I feel you sigh a little. “I don't mind being sick if I can have you in my arms, like I want to.” Your response surprised me so much that I had to turn around and face you. Looking at you now, one may think you’re the one that was sick due to your red face. But despite that, I could only see sincerity in your eyes. “Being in your arms is one perk of being sick.” You look at me in such a way that it feels as if I’m falling slowly into the ocean inside of your eyes. We were now so close to each other that I felt how labored your breath has become.

“I really want to kiss you right now, Jihyo.” I didn't feel the need to hide what I was truly feeling any more. There was no need to because I see the desire in your eyes as well. “You're making it very difficult for me to say no to you.” I see your eyes glance back and forth between my eyes and lips. “I know and I want to apologize for that as well but my lips ache for yours.”

At this point your lips were like a magnet for me. Pulling me ever closer to you until the moment I've been waiting for all week. Something that's meant for me and only me, a soft gentle kiss. I loved the way you caress me like I'm the most fragile thing you'll ever hold. Lying here with you feels damn near like a dream to me. I've become addicted to the way our lips move in sync with each other, slow and steady. I love the way you release little signs whenever I deepen it. I don't think I've ever enjoyed the taste of cherry as much as I do now.

I wanted to keep kissing you for a bit longer but as luck would have it, I had to break the kiss to let out a few coughs. “Are you okay sweetheart?” I hear the concern laced in your voice and it brings me ease. “I’m fine don’t worry about me, my lady.” “I always worry about you when you’re not near me.” I guess the disbelief in my eyes made you feel guilty because your eyes lost some of their intensity they once had.

“I know I’m not very good at expressing my feelings towards you like you do to me and for that I’m sorry. You’re the only one that I’ve ever given my heart fully too and it frightens me how easily you could completely break me.” You looked as if you were on the verge of tears and it breaks my heart to see how life has left you so guarded. “Please don’t cry my love. I can’t bear to see your tears.” I gently caress your face.

“I’m scared as well. There aren’t enough words to describe how happy you make me. You have to know that I followed my heart when I met you and I haven’t regretted it for a second.” I lean in and give her a tiny kiss. “I think if we take it slowly like you suggested then we’ll be fine.” I see you bite your lips like you were anxious about something. “What is it, my love”, I ask. “I’m just worried. I know I’m not the prettiest or thinnest girl you could date. You’re so kind and loving to me, so I guess I’m just feeling insecure about myself.”

I take your hand and place it in mine. “Having someone pretty has never interested me. I need someone with a beautiful heart and mind. You may not know it but you have those qualities. As for your size, well I think you’re the perfect size for my hands to hold. If you allow me to see your beauty, I’ll let them all know that you’re mine.” You bless me with that beautiful smile and another flawless kiss. Unfortunately for me I accidently let out a little yawn.

“Was my kiss that boring, miss Myoui?” I can tell that you were only kidding. “I’m not sure if it was or not but if you give me another one maybe then I can you.” I give you my best smile. “Okay then. Close your eyes for me.” “Yes ma’am.” I readily prepared myself for another kiss only to be slightly disappointed when you give my cheek a kiss instead. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“You should rest now Mina.” I knew you were right and I did feel the cold medicine kicking in. “Will you still hold me?” I ask timidly. “You don’t have to ask sweetheart.” I lie my head on your chest just above your heart. Listening to our heart beating strongly along with you lightly my hair was enough for me to easily drift off to sleep.

It was morning when I woke up to I find myself in a different place. I was no longer on the couch but in my bedroom, in my bed. How did I get here? I wondered. Did I bring myself here during the middle of the night? The more I tried to remember the more I felt myself getting a headache.

“Good morning sleepyhead.” I quickly turn my attention my doorway. “Jihyo? You’re still here?” “I am,” you chuckle. “But I thought you had work in the morning.” “I did but I called out. I couldn’t leave you when you’re sick.” I know a goofy smile spread across my face but I didn’t mind.

“I made us breakfast and after that we can be lazy and watch movies all day. How does that sound?” “I’d really love that.” “I’ll be waiting in the kitchen for you.” Before you turned to leave I quickly called out to you. “Before you leave may I have a tiny kiss?” You only smiled at me and walked over to me.

“One kiss and then we eat okay?” I silently nodded my head. Our lips may have only met for a brief minute but it was enough to give me strength to get out of bed. “By the way, how did I get back in bed?” “I carried you of course. You were tossing and turning so much that I thought the couch was too uncomfortable for you.” You say it like it was the easiest thing in the world.

“You’re amazing, Jihyo.” “I know, now let’s go eat.” “There’s just one more thing I’d like to say.” “Oh, what might that be.” I lean in and give her a kiss on the cheek. “You are the best medicine I could ever take.”