Entry 4 .

The Past is the Past // Discontinued

 

The doorbell rang, causing me to jump. 'Who could it be...'

"Mimi, can you go get that? I'm in the middle of something right now," my mom said.

I nodded and walked over to the door. I saw a flash of white from the side window and tilted my head in confusion.

I opened the door and my jaw dropped.

"Mimi, will you be my girlfriend?" Chunji held up a bouquet of my favorite flower; white carnations.

He hid behind them, bowing 90 degrees in front of me. My heart fluttered at the sight.

"Mimi, who is- Oh my," my mom gasped from behind.

I took the bouquet from Chunji and waited for him to stand up straight, but he didn't. "Ch-Chunji oppa, stand up! You don't need to that, silly!"

"No! Not until You give me an answer!" Chunji insisted.

"Yes, oppa. Yes, yes, a million times, yes! I would love to be your girlfriend!" I put the bouquet on the floor, pulled Chunji up and hugged him.

Chunji returned the hug, picked me up, and spun me around. "This pretty girl right here is my girlfriend! Mine! Can you believe it?" he laughed ecstatically.

From behind, I heard my mom taking pictures of us. "Mama!" I laughed.

"Okay, okay!" she grinned but snuck a few more pictures of us, before escaping into her room.

"I promise to take care of you, Mimi. I promise to make you happy. Your happiness is all I need," Chunji finally put me down and looked into my eyes. "I love you."

My heart stopped when he spoke those three words.
'You're too young for love...' That phrase nagged me in the back of my head.

But I ignored it.

I've never been this happy before.

"I love you too, Chunji oppa."


I sat up in my bed and pulled my knees into my chest. For the next few minutes, I just bawled my eyes out. "I'm so stupid. I'm so stupid. I'm so stupid," I muttered over and over again.

When the tears finally stopped falling, I looked up at my wall clock. 6:13 am. I continued to sit on my bed with a blank stare until my three alarms started ringing and vibrating at 6:15.

I sighed and jumped off my bed. I stretched my arms a bit, popped my retainers out, and headed downstairs to make myself some breakfast.

I quickly cooked a fried egg, toasted one piece of bread in the toaster, and washed my face in the sink.

After finishing breakfast, I brushed my teeth, combed my hair and changed into my uniform.

"I wish we didn't have to wear uniforms," I sighed. 'At least we don't have to wear it on the first day of school and Fridays.'

I grabbed my bag and skipped out the door. 'Today, I'm going to get over him.'

I pulled out my iPod and walked to the beat of the song. Soon, the bus pulled up against the sidewalk and I hopped on, looking for Jiae and Seoyoung.

I spotted them in the back and Jiae waved to me. Seoyoung looked up sleepily at me and gave me a tired smile before closing her eyes.

They sat in the three-seater while I sat in the two-seater next to them. When we got to school, Seoyoung was full of energy.

"Sorry Mimi. As you can see, I'm drained in the morning. I'm like this every day," Seoyoung laughed sheepishly.

"It's fine. I'm like that too sometimes," I nodded.

"Hey, girls!" a deep voice greeted from behind.

We turned around and saw Jin and Jiseok walking with each other. "Morning," Jin nodded.

"Good morning guys!" we greeted back.

"Did you guys eat breakfast yet? Want to grab some breakfast in the cafeteria with us?" Jin asked.

"I already ate," I shook my head. "But I'll come with you guys."

"Same," Jiae smiled.

"Well, I'm starving!" Seoyoung held her stomach dramatically, causing us to laugh.

"To the cafeteria it is!" Jiseok pointed towards the cafeteria with his other hand on his hip, striking a "heroic" pose.

"I don't know this guy," I whispered jokingly, putting a hand up to my face so I couldn't see Jiseok.

I grabbed Jiae's hand and pulled her towards the cafeteria with me. "Me neither. What a weirdo," Seoyoung whispered back.

Jiae giggled and nodded.

"H-Hey! Guys, wait up!" Jiseok frowned.

Jin laughed at us and shook his head.

--

"I'll see you guys later!" I waved before heading off to homeroom.

I sighed happily and walked in right before the bell rang. I plopped down in my assigned seat and pulled out my journal.

September 8, 20XX

Dear Season,

This morning I had a dream about Chunji... Ugh, I can't get him out of my mind! I remember my friend told me that if you dream about someone, that person is thinking about you.

Chunji, stop thinking about me! );

Anyway, I had a dream about when he asked me to be his girlfriend. At the time, it was the happiest moment of my life. But now... Thinking back... It just makes me upset. My throat gets clogged up and the tears sting my eye. And before I know it, I'm bawling my eyes out nonstop.

I loved him so much.

And it hurts.

I don't want to see his face first thing in the morning... Darn art! I love art but I hate that he has to be in my class!


The bell rang and I sighed. I really didn't want to see him. I packed up my stuff and dragged my feet as I walked towards the art room.

"Morning, Chuchu," Chunji sang, extra cheery.

"I told you to stop calling me that," I snapped and pushed past him into the room.

Chunji sighed, shook his head and resumed his happy composure.

"Alright guys. The still life is set up. The paper is in the back and the drawing boards are scattered around the room. Try not to crowd in one area and... Um... Yeah, you know. If you need help or suggestions, I'll be walking around the room," Ms. Yoon said lazily.

I rolled my eyes at my teacher and headed for the drawing boards and pencils.

She may seem like a lazy, almost too lazy, teacher, but her advice and skills are very helpful and just plain amazing.

I circled the room a few times, finding an angle I liked the best. The still life she chose for consisted of a large round bowl with a thin stripe lining the top tilted to the left, a large red kettle with white polka dots placed higher than the bowl, a gas lamp placed behind the kettle and a few artificial green leaves. Next to the bowl and placed lower than the kettle was a vase with a handle on both sides. The design on the vase was a single wavy line running across halfway down. To the right of the vase was a clear glass cup with leaves placed inside. Underneath all these was a beige-colored cloth.

I sat down in a seat where I could see just the bowl, kettle and two leaves. I split my paper into four sections by drawing a line down and across the center.

"Good Chyumi. You still remember," Ms. Yoon nodded before walking over to the next student.

"You better be sitting her because you like this angle and not because of your friends," Ms. Yoon warned.

I glanced to my right and sighed. Chunji just grinned and nodded at Ms. Yoon. "I do like this angle. I like the angle of the vase and glass cup," he reasoned.

Ms. Yoon narrowed her eyes at Chunji then walked over to the next student.

"Wow, you are such a good liar. Oh wait, I should know. I experienced it firsthand," I sneered.

A look of guilt flashed across Chunji's face before he regained his composure. "I'm not like that anymore."

"Yeah, whatever."

"Chyumi, Chunji! Focus on your drawing! This is not time to socialize!" Ms. Yoon scolded.

I flinched from her voice and scowled at Chunji. Chunji looked at me innocently and turned back to his paper.

When the period was almost over, Ms. Yoon instructed for us to clean up.

"Here, I'll take your board and pencils for you," Chunji offered.

"Um, no. It's okay. I got it," I shook my head.

I placed the board and pencils on the table and walked over to where all our large portfolio folders were. When I returned, my board and pencils were gone. 'I probably should have done that first...' I mentally face-palmed.

Chunji chuckled as he passed me. "Wait for me, I'll walk you to your next class! What do you have?"

"Nothing," I glanced at the clock, anticipating the bell.

When it finally rang, I ran out of the classroom before Chunji could react.

"Curses!" Chunji huffed.

I ran into English, panting, and walked over to my seat. I dropped my stuff on the ground and plopped down in my seat, putting my head down.

Then I realized something; U-Kiss is in my English class.

I slowly peeked up and around me and saw Hoon, Kiseop, Eli and AJ trying to stifle their laughs.

"Morning to you too, Mimi," Kevin mused from behind me.

"Morning," I laughed nervously.

The other four boys couldn't hold it in anymore and burst into laughter. I blushed and turned towards the window.

"S-sorry Mimi!" Eli managed to say.

"It's okay," I sighed. "I must have looked like the FBI were after me," I joked.

"Actually, yes you did," AJ chuckled.

I flushed and grinned.

"Okay, class. Textbooks!" the teacher said excitedly.

The class groaned and quieted down.

When Hoon turned around to hand me my book and Kevin's book, he made a silly face, causing me to giggle. "Forgive me for laughing?" he mouthed.

I nodded and smiled. He returned the smile and turned back around. I turned around to hand Kevin his book and jumped in surprise. Kevin was casually leaning on his hands, looking straight at me.

"You ate breakfast this morning, right?" he joked quietly.

My cheeks heated up again and I nodded. Kevin chuckled and took the book from me.

"Everyone has a book, correct? Turn to page..." the teacher droned on.

The bell finally rang, cutting the teacher off mid-sentence. "Okay class. For homework, finish reading this passage! And answer the questions at the end! I will be checking homework!"

I groaned and slumped in my chair. "Aw, Mimi. It can't be that bad. We can do it together in lunch if you want," Kevin patted my head.

"No, it's okay. I'll do it during my free period. I'll see you guys later!" I waved, gathering my stuff.

"I'll walk with you. Who knows, we might have the same class," Kevin teased.

"Okay," I laughed.

I followed Kevin out the door and pouted when I noticed him heading in a different direction. "I'll see you later oppa!" I called out after him.

He turned around and waved to me before continuing down the hallway.

I glanced at my schedule and brightened. "Dance class!" I cheered.

I hurried towards to X00s wing and looked around for my class.

"Hey, is that Mimi?"

"I think so; I'm not sure. Why don't you try calling her, dummy."

"Hey, Mimi!"

I looked behind me and grinned when I saw who it was. "Hi Jin, hi Jiseok. What class do you guys have?"

"Dance," they replied simultaneously.

"Me too!" I beamed.

"Awesome! It's this way," Jiseok pointed in the opposite direction.

"Oh, I knew that," I snorted.

"Oh, mhm. Sure," Jin shook his head.

When we entered the classroom, we were greeted with a shriek. "No way! All of you are in this class? This is awesome! Our group is almost complete! If only Jiae was in this class too."

"Hi again, Seoyoung," I laughed.

"Jiae doesn't seem like the type to dance though," Jin said thoughtfully.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," Seoyoung furrowed her brows.

"Hello, class! Please settle down! For this class, I want you guys to make sure you have at least one partner. You have to pair up boy-girl. There shouldn't be anyone left out," the teacher greeted from the back of the room.

The four us glanced at each other and grinned. Seoyoung grabbed Jiseok's hand, leaving me with Jin.

"Thanks to Mrs. Song, I don't have to worry about pairing up with a stranger," I grinned.

"Yeah, no kidding," Jin nodded.

"Everyone paired up? Good. My name is Mrs. Kim and I will be your dance teacher for the year."

Mrs. Kim had long slender legs and a slim body and face to match. Her hair was cut short and her eyes were sharp, almost cat-like. She walked over to the class and motioned for us to sit on the floor.

"You all will improve. Enjoy the rest of the period. Class officially starts tomorrow," she flicked her hand and turned back to her desk.

Seoyoung cheered and pulled Jiseok over to us. "More time to bond!"

"If only Jiae was here," I pouted.

We walked over to the mirrors and sat down. Seoyoung and Jiseok led the conversation while Jin would make a witty remark here and there. I laughed and nodded along.

"We should find Jiae and eat lunch together!" Seoyoung clapped.

"Not a bad idea," Jin agreed.

We walked into the cafeteria and glanced around as we headed towards the lunch line. Just as we were about to order our food, Jiseok pointed at a girl paying at the cashier. "Jiae!"

The girl looked up and waved to us. "Hey, guys."

"Let's eat together!"

"Okay. Do you want me to wait or find a table?" Jiae glanced around the crowded cafeteria.

"Wait here. We'll find a table together. We might have to go somewhere else, you know," I said.

"Ah, you're right," Jin nodded.

When we got our food, we walked around the cafeteria looking for a table. Just as I was about to give up, I heard my name.

I scanned the cafeteria and shrugged. 'Maybe I'm going crazy.'

"Mimi!" my head snapped in the direction of the voice and perked up when I saw Eli and Kevin waving for me to go over.

"Hey guys, come here!"

"You know them?" Seoyoung gasped.

"You know them too," I said casually.

"I mean, you're friends with them? I love U-Kiss!" she corrected.

I rubbed the back of my head sheepishly. "They're in some of my classes and we kind of just talked."

"Sweet," Jiseok simpered.

"You listen to U-Kiss too?"

"Of course, man!" Jiseok said matter-of-factly.

When we got to the table, the boys looked behind me with a curious expression. "Can my friends fit?" I laughed.

"Of course!" AJ nodded.

Eli got up and grabbed a few empty chairs from the side and squeezed them in. "Thanks," Jiae blushed.

"This is pretty awesome," Jin glanced around at the guys.

"I'm guessing you're all KissMes?" Soohyun asked elated.

"Yup!" we replied in unison.

I glanced around the round table and noted who sat where and who was here or not. Starting from my left was Seoyoung, Jiseok, Jin, Eli, AJ, Kiseop, Kevin, Soohyun, Hoon, and Jiae to my right.

"Where's Dongho?"

"He's filming," Soohyun pouted.

I made an "o" shape with my mouth and nodded in understanding.

"Look over there! Isn't that Mimi?"

"Yeah, it is! And she's sitting with U-Kiss."

"L-Let's just go to the courtyard."

"Okay hyung..."

~=

author's note ;

Sorry for updating slow ): I wanted to be two chapters ahead before posting but I'm slowly going into a writer's block D;

I bet you guys can guess who it was at the end~ (Maybe not specifically, but that's not the point d;) Yay, chapter 4 is complete! Hope you guys like it! (:

P.S. I love carnations! But I never knew the different colors had different meanings~ Can anyone tell me what white carnations symbolize? d;