Entry 15 .

The Past is the Past // Discontinued

author's note ;

I speed editted this chapter. Let me know if there are any mistakes!

~=

 

Saturday, October 26, 20XX

So yesterday, I went to the karaoke bar with the guys (&girls of course) and it was fun! Before that, Seoyoung gave Jiae and I a makeover though and it was... Different? A new experience? Haha I don't know. Jiae was so pretty though~ :D

Anyway (I say anyway a lot, don't I?), I picked a song that had a little rap part and everyone said I was really good. I was surprised /: I never thought to try rapping.

Well, I'm having difficulty writing anymore... Cause I punched a mirror... Chunji... Screw you.


I sighed and let the pen slip out of my bandaged hand. I glanced out the window and saw the sun shining at it's highest point in the sky. The weather was nice outside, and yet, here I am, sitting inside my cold room with a wounded hand.

"Mimi, lunch is almost ready! Get ready!" Minjee called from the foot of the steps.

"'Kay!" I yelled back in reply.

I locked my journal and slipped it into my bag before heading down.

"Do you want to take the bandage off for lunch so you can eat and your hand can breathe a little?" Minjee asked, eyeing my right hand.

"Yeah, sounds good," I nodded.

"Here, Jae, you help your sister take off the bandage. I'll finish up the food," Minjee instructed, lightly bumping my brother to the side.

"Why do I have to do it?" he whined, stomping his foot like a kid.

"Because I'm your little sister and you love me so much," I replied, rolling my eyes and pulling him to the stove.

He scowled and quietly but carefully unbandaged my hand. I slowly clenched and unclenched my slightly purple and red hand. "Thanks, Gege."

"No problem, lil' sis. Let's eat! I'm starving!" he tossed the bandages away and stretched his arms.

He walked over to Minjee and slipped his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her left shoulder. I turned away from their lovey-dovey actions and pulled out the eating utensils.

"Baby, stop it! I need to serve the food!" Minjee squealed.

"It's fine, I got it," I grabbed the pot of food from her and carefully divided the food in three portions.

My hands shook as I held the chopsticks. I tried hard to steady them, but failed, and Minjee saw.

"Here, I'll do it. Jae baby, let go!" My brother reluctantly let go and pouted as Minjee took the pot and chopsticks from me.

He stuck his tongue out at me behind Minjee and I did the same.

"You guys are so immature," she laughed.

--

.Sunday.

From: Twitter

@soompi: U-Kiss just released a teaser video of their comeback single Neverland vid.link/bHgd76


I brightened at the text and hurried onto my laptop to check out the video.

As I watched the video, my mouth slightly opened. The teaser was such a tease. Their make-up and outfits were very fitting. And they looked hot.

I smiled to myself, remembering that I was the first fan to see and hear the new song.

Just then, my phone vibrated from another text message.

From: Kevin

Close your mouth unless you want to eat flies! Is the teaser that good? ;)


I furrowed my brows in confusion. 'How does he know I'm gaping?'

I typed a quick reply back, but just as I was about to hit send, I received another text.

From: Twitter

@soompi: Teen Top just revealed another teaser for 'No More Perfume on You'


I hesitated for a second before clicking on the teaser, completely forgetting Kevin's text. I bobbed my head to the beat but stopped when the same girl I saw in the karaoke bar stepped out. I felt my heart stop when Chunji's face appeared.

I forced myself to continue watching, for LJoe and the other's sake, and managed to crack an amused smile when LJoe appeared on screen.

To: LJoe

nice hair.


A few moments later, he replied.

From: LJoe

Y-You! Shut up! :( meanie!


I laughed and tossed my phone back on the table next to my laptop. I continued to browse the web, searching for U-Kiss and Teen Top's comeback teasers, until I received a call.

Without glancing at the caller ID, I picked up.

"Hello?" I answered absentmindedly, still surfing the net.

"Hello, this is Miss Lee from the Seoul police station. May I speak to Miss Yong Chyumi?"

I gulped and nodded until I realized she couldn't see me. "Y-Yes? This is her speaking."

"I need you to come down and identify these bodies. They may be your parents."

"O-Okay," my voice shook as I spoke. 'Mama and Appa?'

"Please bring your guardian along, if any. Have a good day Miss Yong," the line clicked as she hung up.

I smiled bitterly at her last few words. "Good day? Have a good day identifying my parents' dead bodies?"

I heard a faint 'oh my god' from down the hall followed by footsteps. I looked up at the door and saw my brother and Minjee there, my brother clutching his phone in his left hand.

"I guess we found them," I whispered bitterly.

"L-Let's go, Mimi."

I silently stood up and followed the couple to the car. The ride was silent and unnerving.

When we arrived, a man in a suit and sunglasses walked up to us. I eyed him warily.

"Are you Mr. And Mrs. Yong's children? They told me to wait out here and pick you up. I'm a good friend of your parents. Just let me do the talking, okay?"

My brother and I just nodded, too worried about the bodies behind those doors.

The man opened the door and walked ahead, not bothering to hold it open for us, but only Minjee felt bothered by it. My brother told her to forget it and followed behind the man.

"Hello, I am the Yong children's guardian. We are here to identify the bodies."

"Ah, yes. Come this way, please," the lady behind the desk stood up and led us down a hallway.

She held open the door and waited for us to step in before closing the door behind us.

Inside the room was a group of men, tall and short, old and young, who stood around two tables covered in cloth.

My brother and I looked at each other before hesitantly stepping forward. We each stood by one of the tables and grasped the corner of the cloth.

I took a deep breath and we slowly lifted the cloth. I silently prayed that it wasn't our parents, but my prayers weren't answered.

I gasped and dropped the cloth. My knees buckled beneath me, bringing me down. One of the men caught me before I could fall to the floor.

"You okay, Miss Yong?" he pulled me up and steadied me.

I looked to the floor and didn't answer his question. I wasn't okay.

"That's Appa," I choked back a few tears.

"And this is Mama," my brother whispered.

"Can you gentlemen step out for a moment? I would like to speak to the Yong children," the man that claimed to be our parents' friend coughed, opening the door and ushering the group out. "You too," he eyed Minjee, waiting for her to step out.

Minjee frowned, ready to refuse, when my brother gently pushed her towards the door. He man smiled a crooked smile and closed the door.

"Well, kids. I'm a debt collector and your parents haven't finished clearing their debt, so I'll be taking their bodies to a lab in America. Unless of course you guys will donate your own bodies?"

I backed away from the man and into my brother's arms in fear. "You..." 'Bastard...' I glared.

"No!" I yelled.

"Keep your voice down or I'll take all four of you," the man hissed.

I looked up at my brother, wondering what he would do. I didn't want to give up my parents' bodies or my own. My brother looked at the bodies on the table, then at me.

"What will I have to do?" he finally asked.

'No...'"You can't! What about me? What about Minjee?"

My brother just shot me a glare, silently telling me to shut up.

"Oh, not much. Just work," the man shrugged nonchalantly.

"I'll do it. Just let my parents have a proper burial and let my sister live normally."

I stared at my brother in horror. 'You can't...'

~=

author's note ;

Yeeppppp. Things have been hectic lately and I think I'm pouring all my feelings into this story lmfao which makes this depressing... Oh and, I don't know if that actually how you would go identify bodies... probably completely wrong... but whatever.

blargh.