Entry 8 .

The Past is the Past // Discontinued

author's note ;

I'm alive and still writing this! Sorry guys e__o;; Still stuck in that writer's block TT^TT Well, here's chapter 8! I hope it's okay~


~=



The week went by fast, and before I knew it, it was Friday. The day before Chunji's birthday.

The only problem?

I caught a fever.

"Chyumi, wake up!" Appa called from outside my bedroom door.

I groaned in response and sneezed. I flung the blanket away from my body and shivered from the cold.

I slowly trudged down the stairs in my pajamas, sweatpants and a long-sleeve tee, and nodded at Appa.

"Aw, is my little Mimi sick?" he cooed, rushing over to feel my forehead with the back of his hand.

I looked up at him with swollen eyes and shrugged. "Stay home today," he said firmly.

I groaned and shook my head, "I can't miss school."

"Well, that's too bad. Stay home and take care of yourself. Your mom and I are going on another business trip. Call your brother if you need anything," Appa pulled me towards the dinner table and sat me down. "Eat, brush your teeth, then go back to bed. I'll call the school, so don't worry, okay?"

I pouted at my food, a fried egg sandwiched between a piece of toast with melted cheese. I listened to my dad talk on the phone, explaining that I was sick with a high fever and won't be comic in.

I nibbled at my food. I scrunched up my nose, feeling a tickle, and sneezed a few times in a row.

After finishing up breakfast, I brushed my teeth and went back to bed. I stared at my phone that was on the nightstand next to my bed and sighed. 'I'll text him later...' was the last thing I remembered before drifting back to sleep.

--

"Mimi, we're leaving now. Be good! And listen to your brother. We love you," Mama whispered, kissing my burning forehead.

I mumbled in my sleep and turned around, facing away from her. She sighed and quietly left my room.

"Goodbye, sweetie."

--

I stirred in my sleep and woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating nonstop. I groaned and stretched my arms before blindly reaching for my phone.

I squinted at the screen, the brightness hurting my eyes a bit, and saw that it was a call. Without checking the caller ID, I answered the call with a groggy 'hello.'

"Mimi!" the voice on the other end whined, dragging out the syllables in my nickname.

I quickly pulled the phone from my ear and shivered; that really woke me up. "What is it, Chunji?" I asked, my voice a little dry and raspy.

"No," he elongated the word, before continuing. "Are you sick? Do you want me to come over and take care of you? Actually, that's a good idea. I'll come ri-"

"Come after school. Jesus," I mumbled into the phone.

He was silent for a moment before replying with a reluctant 'fine.'

"I'll see you later, Chunji," I croaked.

"Bye!" he said cheerfully.

I could just imagine the smile on his face.

I gently threw my phone onto the pillow and sat up. I glanced at the clock and sighed; it was 12:22.

My door creaked open and in came my brother. "What do you want to eat for lunch?"

I shrugged, "Whatever is in the fridge?"

He thought for a moment before nodding and leaving, closing the door behind him.

I picked up my phone and checked my unread text messages, groaning a little when I saw that half of them were from Chunji. A few of them were from Seoyoung, Jiseok and Eli, one from Jiae and one from Kevin.

I opened the text from Kevin first and unknowingly smiled at the text.

From: Kevin oppa

Mimi-yah! Are you sick? I missed you in English and Korean today! Do you want me to bring you the work and some medicine? You can copy my notes and I'll help you catch up. Plus, the medicine we have works like magic~


I sent a quick text back and jumped out of bed. Just as I was about to take a step, I sneezed a few times and grabbed a tissue to blow my nose. I sighed and hurried downstairs to see what my brother was cooking up.

--

"I'm going to work now. I'm going to a friend's house after that, so take care of yourself. Call me if you really need me. And please don't need me. Feel better!" my brother waved and turned around, going into the garage and driving off in his car.

I rolled my eyes and went to wash the dishes.

"Maybe I'll make cookies... Or a cake!" I thought aloud, scrubbing the food remains off the plate.

I placed the last dish into the dryer and set it for 30 minutes. I dried off my hands and went to grab ingredients for shortbread cookies.

Within an hour, I got the dough ready and rolled up into small balls. The oven dinged, meaning it was preheated, and I put in two trays of cookies.

Just as I closed the oven door, the doorbell rang. I quickly washed and dried my hands and hurried to the door.

I glanced at the side window and smiled when I saw who it was.

I pulled the door open and stepped aside. "Thanks for coming over, Kevin oppa."

"It's nothing. I don't want my little dongsaeng to fall behind now, do I?" he grinned.

I closed the door behind him and waited for him to slip his shoes off. I handed him a pair of slippers and led him to the living room.

"Something smells good, what're you making?" Kevin sniffed the air, looking at me.

I blushed slightly and replied, "Shortbread cookies. Do you want some after they're done? We can eat some while we work or something."

"Sure, I would love to!" Kevin nodded, setting down textbooks and papers on the table.

"So, how much did I miss?" I sat down on the floor on one side of the table while Kevin sat across from me.

"Actually, a lot. Don't worry though. I took good notes!" Kevin patted the papers proudly.

"Uh-huh," I raised a brow teasingly.

Kevin pouted and I laughed. "Just kiddi-" I quickly turned my head to the right and sneezed 3 times in a row mid-sentence.

I looked back at Kevin embarrassed and grabbed a tissue from under the table. "Sorry," I laughed nervously.

"Your sneeze is so cute! And wow, three times in a row?" Kevin teased.

"It happens of-" I sneezed a few more times, "-ten..."

Kevin laughed and pulled something out from his bag. "I forgot!" he set a medicine bottle on the table in front of me and gestured for me to take it. "This medicine is seriously the best."

I picked up the bottle and turned it around in my hand, reading the details. I looked back up at Kevin with a look of disbelief.

"There aren't any ingredients? Instructions? Caution? Just the name 'Jausin'?" I asked, a crease forming in my forehead.

"Yup!" he replied simply.

I shrugged and uncapped the bottle. I poured out two small tablets. "Should I take two? Or one?"

"Uh, here. Let me feel your forehead," Kevin said, leaning forward.

I leaned forward and closed my eyes. I jumped a little when I felt his lips on my forehead. I stayed still and kept my eyes closed. He parted with my forehead then proceeded to lean his forehead against mine.

"You have such a high fever," he mumbled.

I shivered when I felt his breath on my lips. I opened my eyes and felt my cheeks burn when I locked eyes with him. 'Why is he so close...'

"Kevin... I don't want to get you sick," I said quietly.

Kevin smiled sweetly at me and pulled away. I felt my heartbeat thump and sat up straight. "I-I better go check up on the cookies!" I said, getting up and stumbling over my feet.

On the way to the kitchen, I saw a familiar car drive by and shrugged it off. I opened the oven and smiled. I pulled out the two trays on cookies and set them on top of the stove.

I grabbed a large plate and placed some cookies on the plate. I returned to the living room and found Kevin standing in the corner, looking up at my pictures.

"No!" I gasped, quickly putting the plate on the table and pulled Kevin away from the pictures.

"What's wrong?" Kevin asked, trying hard not to grin.

"You know what's wrong!" I pouted, glancing at the pictures behind him.

The pictures that hung on the wall were of me when I was little. I was quite the chubby kid and I had no sense of fashion at all. In fact, I'm pretty embarrassed of my childhood pictures.

"You were so cute!" Kevin cooed.

"No!" I shook my head and pulled him back to the table.

"How did you get so skinny," he mumbled to himself.

"Growth spurt," I replied proudly.

"Right."

The bottle of medicine on the table caught my eyes and made my heart skip a beat, reminding me of what happened before. I tried to shrug it off and grabbed the bottle. "So, how many tablets should I take?"

"Ah," Kevin's cheeks turned a light pink. "T-Take two."

I nodded and gulped the tablets down dry. I capped the bottle and handed it back to him. "So, what's first?"

~=

author's note ;

laskdlsmakmlackmsldmksadlksalkdm please comment and tell me what you think! if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask? Thanks for readin and sticking with me! ♥

P.S. i totally made up that medicine. LOL