--6

All In Love

I had laid in bed, tossing and turning throughout the night. My thoughts going over the situation again and again. This is why I had been so cautious in the beginning. Darn Sohee and her advice. Letting them in. Psh. Worst idea ever. What did she even know about my job? I didn't only spend an hour or two around the boys some days of the week. I was practically around them 24/7. She could afford to let them in because she wasn't risking her job. Mine is on the line. If I don't keep my actions and emotions in check, things will get way out of hand. Well... they already have. And it's not like I can just take everything back now. That would be awkward and it would also reveal that something had happened between the time they left and tomorrow morning. I rolled over and hugged my pillow. What had I gotten myself into?

 

The next morning I couldn't think of a single positive thought. It all seemed helpless. From the moment I had opened my eyes I dreaded going to see the boys. Well not all of them. Hoseok. What should I do? Should I confront the situation? Or would it be better to just forget the whole thing? I filled my thermos with coffee, grabbed my bag and left to go to the boy's apartment. 
To my surprise pretty much everyone was already up. Except for Hyungwon and Jooheon of course. "Good morning,
Kihyun." I said as he walked past me towards the kitchen. He stopped dead in his tracks. "What?"
I paused. "I said... good morning?"
"Yeah, but there's something missing, don't you think?"
I tilted my head. Something missing? I thought about it and then it came to me. Oh. Oh god, no. I sighed heavily. "Good morning, Kihyun
oppa." I emphasised the oppa, making a disgusted face while doing so. He chuckled. "You'll get used to it."
I entered Hyungwon and Jooheon's shared room and found them both still sound asleep. I climbed up to Hyungwon's bed and removed his covers. "Wake up, sleepy head!" I cooed in his ear. He huffed and turned around. Good, he was awake. Not up, but awake. I then removed
Jooheon's covers, finding him without a shirt, but I was slowly getting used to the boys walking around shirtless. He probably took off his shirt last night, in his drunken state and everyone forgot to dress him again. I caressed his fluffy hair and cooed at him as well. He was so cute and squishy when he was asleep. "Time to wake up!" I shook him awake and he yawned. "Good morning." I smiled, getting up, but was held back from him grabbing my hand. "Mina?" 
"Yeah?"
"Sorry about last night." He mumbled. He then let go of my hand and rubbed his face. I smiled at him and climbed back up to Hyungwon's bed. "Get up you big
baby." I said as he sat there with his eyes closed. "Yeah... just... a second....." He mumbled, his lips barely moving. 
I descended and turned to walk out of their room just to freeze. Hoseok was standing in the door, leaning against it, staring at me. Not in a mean or rude way... just nonchalantly staring at me. What should I do? My mind went blank. I tried thinking about something to say or something to do or just something but nothing came to my mind. "Move over Mina, I have to take a
shower." Jooheon grumbled behind me, ripping me out of my trance. "Oh sorry." I stammered and moved, letting him through and following him out of the room, but turning to go to the kitchen. While passing Hoseok, I could feel his eyes on me. Not in a predatory or threatening way, but they were there. Looking. 
I rubbed my face while walking into the kitchen. I got myself a glass of cold water and downed it. "Hungover?" Hyunwoo asked from across the room. I chuckled. "No way. I can hold my liquor, unlike some other people." He smiled, too and started doing the dishes. I got a towel and helped him until the rest of the group would be ready to go. 

"Oh my gosh, Jooheon, could you walk any slower?" Minhyuk whined as we walked to the car. "Stop yelling." Jooheon was all that Jooheon answered. "I call shotgun!" A loud voice cried from the back. But not any voice. Hoseok's voice. Oh dear lord in heaven kill me now. 
We got into the car, Hoseok sitting in the passenger seat next to me and... looking at me expectantly. "What?" I half whispered, hoping he'd say nothing and we could forget anything had happened. He shrugged his shoulders. "I just like looking." He smiled. I decided to ignore him for now and turned to see if the rest of the group had settled themselves into their seats, before driving off. 
Hoseok didn't say anything to my delight until we heard snoring in the background. He turned to look and smirked while facing back forward. "So," he started. "About last night," he paused and I could feel his eyes on me. Maybe looking for any sign that I'd say something to the matter, but honestly, I didn't have anything to say until he would say something. He cleared his throat, "On the one hand I want to apologize, but I also don't want to apologize, because I was being serious." My eyes widened.  Was Hoseok himself saying he actually wanted to kiss me? I opened my mouth to say something, but all the words had vanished from my mind, so I closed my mouth again. He looked at me expectantly. "One second," I managed to get out in order to think. I took a deep breath. "I've always wanted this job, Hoseok, and I can't jeopardize it in any way." I could see him deflate from the corner of my eye. "It was so nice last night, really, but we're colleagues." 

I firmly believe that telling Hoseok what I felt was the right thing to do. He did ignore me somewhat for some time, but it wasn't too obvious for the others to question anything. I could still often feel his gaze linger on me. Sometimes he'd slightly brush his hand against mine when walking past me, but I pushed all those thoughts aside. I was sitting at my desk, writing reports and emails when Minhyuk entered and pulled up an empty chair. "What's up Minni oppa?" I asked, not looking away from my computer screen. "What are you doing tonight?" He asked leaning over the desk and almost covering the screen. I leaned to the side in order to see what I was writing. "One second..." I mumbled, focused on the task at hand. Minhyuk pouted next to me. I sent the email and closed the window. "Ok, what's up?"

"What are you doing tonight?" He asked. I looked at him confused. "I'll drive us home?" He rolled his eyes. "Yes but after that?" 
"Eat?" 
"And then?" 
"uh...." He smiled. "Aha! Do you want to play games with Changkyunnie?" He looked so cute, his smile taking up his whole face and his eyes full of hope. I couldn't help but melt a little inside. "Sure, I'll play games with you." He rejoiced and ran off, probably to tell Changkyun about tonight's plans. 

 

"Ok, so I'll see you in an hour!" I waved to Minhyuk while entering my apartment. I closed the door behind me and sighed. Moving into the same building was the best thing I had ever done. I kicked off my shoes and flung my bag on my small couch and went to the bathroom to wash my face. After changing into some comfortable clothes and having something to eat, I went overt to Monsta X's apartment. 
Minhyuk and Changkyun were already playing a game, sitting on the living room's floor while Jooheon, Kihyun, and Hyungwon sat on the couch watching them play. "Hi!" I called into the apartment while taking off my shoes. "Mina!" Minhyuk shouted, not leaving his position in front of the TV. The rest mumbled their hellos since we had seen each other just an hour ago. I plopped myself on the sofa next to Jooheon. "Do you know how to play this?" He asked. "Overwatch? Yeah, a bit." I played it at home sometimes when I would finally have a day off and didn't have to do anything else. 
Minhyuk handed me a controller and the three of us played together. "Behind you!" "No to your left!" "I'm not blind you idiot!" Was our conversation for a good hour until Minhyuk pounced on Kihyun for bossing him around and demanding too much. "Yah, you play the game if it's so damn easy!" He argued while playfully slapping Kihyun. I laughed and started to clean up the controllers. It was also only then that I noticed Hyunwoo and Hoseok standing behind the couch observing the whole thing. "Oh, when did you guys come out?" I asked. They looked at each other and shrugged. "Maybe half an hour ago?" Hyunwoo guessed. 
After Minhyuk had calmed down, I sat down next to Hyungwon, with Kihyun on my other side. Hyungwon lazily put his arm behind me to rest on the back of the couch. "You can lean on me if you want." He whispered, not wanting to draw any attention. I nodded as a thank you and slightly leaned towards him. It was definitely more comfortable this way. The r4est of the boys were talking about things or on their phones. "Yah, Mina, are you two together now?" Jooheon joked and suddenly all eyes were on us. Hyungwon sighed. "Oh my goodness, guys. We're friends, there's nothing wrong going on here, unlike between you and Minhyuk, Jooheon." Hyungwon clapped back, causing Changkyun to go "OOUUUUUU!" in the loudest voice possible. "Yah, we're not gay!" Minhyuk shouted, throwing a pillow. But insead of it hitting Hyungwon, it hit me. "Oh no! Mina I'm so sorry!" he apologized, while everyone else cracked up. "Yah, don't go around hitting people!" Jooheon and Kihyun scolded him. I laughed it off. "It's ok, guys, it was just a pillow." 
 

After some time, I figured it was time to leave because we all had to go to bed. I went to go and put my shoes on, Hyungwon following me. "You guys better go to bed the moment I leave." 
"Don't be such a mom, we already have Kihyun." He chuckled. I stood up straight, once again baffled at how tall this boy was. "Sleep well, Oppa." I said, hugging him goodbye. "Sleep well, Mina" He answered, hugging me back. But instead of just hugging me, he kissed the top of my head, before letting go. Everything inside me went ballistic, but I had to keep my cool. This should not affect me. I slightly smiled at him and closed the door.

 






______________________________________________________________________________________

It's been a very long time since an update, but I have time to write again!
I hope you like it! If you have any suggestions or comments, let me know!!!
Thank you for reading!