Even the wind is afraid - Chapter 8

Even the wind is afraid

CHAPTER VIII

 

Heechul and Hangeng kissed like there was no tomorrow, they hadn’t seen each other in months, “I hope nobody else saw you Hanie or I’ll be expelled.” Heechul said, “No, they didn’t; besides, if someone finds us here, you can say you don’t know me.” Hangeng answered and kissed him, “Don’t be silly, in these school you’re more famous than TVXQ. I’m so glad you came.”

“I always keep my promises.”

“Are you coming back again?”

“No baby, it’s too difficult to sneak in. It’ll be better for me to hide ‘til the night and…”

“Ok but not here; they’re doing some remodeling and the gardener could find you.” They looked around trying to find a place to hide when Hangeng pointed to the tower, “What’s over there” he asked, “Nothing.”

“Perfect, I’m gonna hide there and…”

“No, not there!” Heechul exclaimed in horror, “Why?”

“Because… they say it’s haunted and…”

“What? You don’t believe that bull, do you?”

“No, of course not, it just… it gives me the creeps.” Heechul said and hugged his boyfriend, “Even with me here?” Hangeng asked smiling, “No, not with you.” Heechul answered and kissed him again.

 

That night, Hangeng was waiting for Heechul in the tower when he heard a door being opened and saw the silhouette of someone coming down the stairs. He stood up immediately thinking it was Heechul, “I’m over here.” He said but freaked out when he saw that it was another boy, wearing some white pajamas on foot of the stairs, “Oh, sorry, please don’t be scared, I’m Kim Heechul’s boyfriend, I’m expecting him; please, don’t say anything, please.” The boy didn’t pay any attention and left the tower, “Wait, please, don’t tell!” he tried to reach him but when he got out, there was no one around; just the wind that blew with force; Hangeng got worried so he went through the gardens to look for that mysterious boy. Back in the dorms Jaejoong woke up with the voice that kept calling his name over and over again.

 

Hangeng felt someone approaching and turned to find his boyfriend running towards him, “Hanie, what are you doing here, are you insane?”

“One of your classmates saw me, he was up in the tower.” When Hangeng told him that, Heechul went pale, “No way, everybody is sleeping. I-I think it’ll be better is we get out of here.” The held hands and Heechul guided him to another part of the garden for more privacy.

 

Jaejoong came out to the garden and went straight to the tower following the voice. The wind blew even harder and as soon as he was in front of the tower, the door opened on his own. He went in and climbed up the stairs; when he reached the top, the door of the attic opened too, “Yoochun… what do you want?” he went in the room and he couldn’t see anything, it was so dark, he reached the window and turned around trying to look around, “Yoochun, are you here?” he asked and something made him look up and saw a body hanging from the ceiling. Horror invaded his body and ran out of the room. He tripped with an old piece of wood; he screamed and fell to the bottom.

 

The scream woke everybody up. Heechul and Hangeng, who were making out, heard it too. “What was that?” Hangeng asked, “The dorms.” Heechul said when he saw the lights turning on, “Go! Get out of here!” he exclaimed. Hangeng ran to the wall, climbed over it and disappeared.

 

Heechul gather the little courage he had and went to investigate. Mr. Kim came out of his house as well as Director Lee and Professor Bae, “Principal Lee, did you hear that?”

“Yes, it was in the tower. Come.” And the all ran to the tower. By the time they reached the tower they found Heechul crying hysterically, “Child, what is wrong with you?” Mr. Kim asked but then he saw Jaejoong lying on the ground, he widened his eyes in horror and kneeled next to him to see if he was ok. All Professor Bae could do was to hug Heechul who wouldn’t stop screaming, “Its Jaejoong… its Jaejoong!”

“Professor Bae, what are you waiting for? Call Dr. Kim.” Principal Lee said, “That won’t be necessary sir,” the gardener said, “He’s dead.”

 

❁❁❁❁