Even the wind is afraid - Epilogue

Even the wind is afraid

EPILOGUE

 

“Good morning Changmin.” Dr. Kim greeted, “Good morning doctor.” The boy answered, “Is the principal in?”

“Go ahead, he’s expecting you.” Changmin said and excused himself. Dr. Kim went in, “Good morning Mr. Principal.”

“Oh, Dr. Kim, it’s good to see you.” Answered Principal Bae, “I heard that the school board appointed you the new principal and I’ve come to congratulate you.” Dr. Kim said and shook hands, “Thank you very much doctor but please, take a seat.” They sat down and a maid brought them tea and cookies. “And how’s that matter going on? Is it solved?”

“As well as it’s expected. The detectives were here yesterday for the last time. It’s finally over.”

“And the verdict?”

“Suicide.” Principal Bae said, “What else did you expect?” Dr. Kim said, the principal shrugged, “Nothing else I suppose; I don’t think they would believe what really happened.”

“Principal Bae, you are a prudent man; you cannot believe in the existence of a ghost that possessed the body of someone else just to take revenge; it is childish.”

“Do explain then, why is it that Jaejoong doesn’t remember anything after his fall and why after that period of mental absence he’s back to his old self?”

“There are things science just can’t explain.” Dr. Kim said and sipped his tea, “I don’t think this will never have an explanation.” Principal Bae said, “And how about your students?” Dr. Kim asked trying to lighten the mood, “They all have stayed. I had a bit of difficulties with some parents that wanted to take some boys away but I managed to convince them.”

“It’s logical; they deeply appreciate you, even Changmin.”

“Yes, he’s changed a lot, he is no longer a snitch and has made some friends.” The principal said smiling, “A very good job on your part, I must say.” Dr. Kim said.

 

After that night, Changmin made up with Heechul and the other boys and began to open himself more, earning their friendship and when he realized he now had friends, he stopped snitching. “I’ve been very understanding with them. This school craved happiness.” Principal Bae said, “I’ve noticed. This school has changed a lot.” Ever since Professor Bae became the school principal the mood on the school lightened up, it was happier and calmer; the boys had a bit more freedom but without neglecting their chores.

 

The students were in swimming class, Heechul and Junho were chatting, “And he’s gonna come back after what happened? Wow! Hangeng has balls.” Junho said amazed, “A seme has to be like that or try something else.” Heechul answered him, “Seme?” Junho asked, “Aish! Forget it.” Heechul said and left the poor boy with the question in his head.

 

Yunho and Jaejoong were walking through the garden holding hands. After all that happened, Yunho gathered enough courage to confess his feelings and since then they’ve been a couple. They were going to their class when they say Mr. Kim sweeping the leaves; they said hello and Jaejoong stopped when he saw the tower door unlocked, “Is something wrong Jaeboo?” Yunho asked, “Mr. Kim, you forgot to put the padlock on the door.” Jaejoong said a bit shaken. Mr. Kim smiled and pulled out a handkerchief to wipe the sweat from his forehead, “What for? It’s no longer needed, none of you is going in and nobody is coming out.”

“Mr. Kim, you saw him too, didn’t you? It wasn’t just a dream.” Jaejoong asked and squeezed his boyfriend’s hand, “Forget about that kid, do as if nothing happened.” Mr. Kim told him. “It’s going to be hard, every time I walk pass this tower I think I’m going to see him.” Jaejoong said with a shaky voice. Mr. Kim put a hand don his shoulder, “Don’t be afraid; he is gone… forever.”

 

❁❁THE END❁❁