Even the wind is afraid - Chapter 5

Even the wind is afraid

CHAPTER V

 

That night, nobody was really sleeping; Junsu was listening to some music while waiting. As soon as the clock hit midnight he jumped off his bed, “Guys, guys its midnight!” he exclaimed and woke everybody up. They the lights and gathered around Heechul’s bed, he was already up in his robe and slippers. “This afternoon he was very determined.” Siwon commented still not fully believing Heechul, “And I still am!” Heechul answered. He grabbed a flashlight he had in his drawer, “Anybody wants to come with me?” he asked and everybody looked the other way, “Hmph! Take care until I come back, bunch of !” he said and left.

 

The school was in complete darkness, it was very windy outside and the branches of the trees made terrifying shadows in the walls. One of those branches opened a large window scaring Heechul who ran to close it before someone wakes up.

 

He went in the office and began to look for the key to open the desk drawer. He finally found the key and opened the drawer where he was sure the principal kept the photo. He began to rummage in the drawer when he felt a shadow slowly moving behind him, he turned around in fright only to find a cat walking across the window. He took a deep breath and turned back to take his boyfriend’s photo along with another photo. It was the portrait of a student, very handsome, pale skin and black hair down to his shoulders. He thought he was familiar so he took that portrait as well, closed everything and ran back to the dorm.

 

Once he came back, everybody hovered over him, “What happened? Did you find it?” Junho asked, “Yeah, along with this.” Heechul approached Jaejoong and showed him the portrait, “Have you ever seen this face?” Jaejoong saw it with wide eyes, “It’s him!”

 

The next day, the boys decide to ask Professor Bae about the portrait and Heechul had to confess where he had found it and why. Professor Bae was very upset with him.

“Heechul, this is unconceivable.”

“I just wanted to get my boyfriend’s picture.” The boy sobbed, “No, this is unforgivable. I don’t even want to think what Principal Lee would do to you if he finds out.”

“Are you gonna tell him?!” Cried Heechul, “No, I won’t, but only because you had the courage to tell me first. I’m going to return these photos and you must promise me that you will never do this again.”

“I promise professor, I promise!” Heechul sobbed, “Ok, let’s forget about all this. And I don’t want you snitching Changmin, understood?” he ordered, the boy kept quiet and nodded his head. “You know who he is, don’t you?” Jaejoong asked, “Of course… he is a former student, Park Yoochun.”

“And he is dead.”

“How do you know?”

“Because is the same boy I’ve dreamt hanged in the tower.”

“That’s ridiculous,” the professor said in a nervous way, “I-I don’t want to talk about this anymore. You have 10 minutes to get to class.” He said and left quickly. Jaejoong looked back at the tower, “Now I know; Park Yoochun is back.”

 

That night Professor Bae snuck into the principal’s office and searched for the keys to the desk’s drawer, he opened the drawer and put the photos, closed quickly and when he was about to leave the keys where he had found them, Principal Lee came in. “Professor, what are you doing in my office?”

“My apologies, is just… I left the copy of my test this morning and I was afraid the boys might find it.”

“Isn’t it a bit late to look for it?”

“I… I thought I had left it somewhere else.”

“You look awfully nervous professor.”

“Uh… yes, you startled me. Excuse me, good night.” Professor said and ran off the office.

 

The following day, Changmin was called to the office. He knocked and waited for the principal to let him in. “You called for me Principal Lee?”

“Yes. Are your classmates in class already?

“Yes sir, they just went in.”

“Take a sit Changmin; I want to ask you for a favor.”

“Anything sir.”

“Tonight there is an important dinner to honor a fellow teacher, Professor Bae and I must attend, we might come back late. You are going to stay in charge in my place and when I come back, I want to know every detail of what happened in our absence.”

“Yes sir, I’ll inform you of everything.”

“The students must have dinner and be in bed at the usual hour, you will make sure there are no forbidden conversations or any other situations, understood?”

“Yes sir.”

“I’m sure you’ll fulfill this mission. You can go back to class.”

“Excuse me.” Changmin bowed and went to the door. About to leave the principal called him back, “Changmin… thank you.” The boy smiled and left to get ready to make a full report of whatever happens that night.

 

❁❁❁❁