Chapter VII - Am I the Purrince of this Tail?

Treat for Two

 

 

= Chapter VII =

Am I the Purrince of this Tail?

 

Darling take my hand

Won’t you understand my love

Baby let me in

 

 

“Are you implying that I am the creature from your dreams?”

She shook her head slowly “No, of course you aren’t. You are human and it’s only a dream.”

Jinki swallowed hard wondering for how long he would have to lie to her, how deep the wound he was inflicting on her would become.

“Hyejin,” He inhaled knowing he had to lie once again “You're just confused. There is no way my eyes are blue. You are still scared with that dream and you are seeing things that aren't real. Maybe it has to do with the street lights.”

He pointed at the lamp a few steps away and she looked at it uncertain.

“Maybe you're right.” Jinki knew Hyejin and she wasn’t convinced at all. She definitely knew that something didn't make sense about him. That dreadful feeling in the pit of his stomach, that overwhelming sense of fear of losing her, of losing the love she was starting to feel for him assaulted Jinki.

“Of course I am. What else could it be?!”

Hyejin stepped back, away from him once again and his heart sank. One step closer, two steps back. Was he doomed to be forever an arm length away from her?

“I should go home.” However she didn't make a gesture to leave and he realized that she was probably thinking about inviting him home with her. “See you tomorrow.” Ok apparently she decided not to in the end.

Jinki turned around to see Hyejin leave and stood there at the place his body betrayed him. His hands curled into fists and once again he felt like the little boy in school that hated his blood and genes more than anything else in the world. There were millions and millions of people in the world and yet he had to be the one born with that curse, he had to be the one that was different from everyone else. His father said it was a blessing every time he arrived home crying because of that. That was no blessing, that was a punishment the Gods gave to his family.

He rubbed his eyes a little too forcely cursing that damn energy flowing inside him, that damn body that went crazy every time she touched him. Maybe if he loved her a little less that wouldn't happen.

Maybe if he wasn't a monster he could dare to love her.

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

Hyejin placed the bowl with the new cat food she bought on the floor and kneeled on it searching for Onew with her eyes.

“There you are!” He was hiding under the table, his brown eyes lifeless looking at her as if he was sad. “Are you truly sick?”

Hyejin’s worried expression made him raise his head and make an effort to look less human and more cat. He didn't want to trouble her more than he already did.

Onew stood up and walked slowly to the food. She watched him with hopeful eyes and Onew approached his snot to the bowl before he jerked back again.

That thing smelled awful. It smelled like…cat food and well he wasn't a cat. He was truly a tiger, a half tiger half human being. The kind of creature that lives inside mazes in horror movies, that tries to kill Hyejin in her nightmares. Damn he hated himself so much at the moment.

Oblivious to his thoughts Hyejin caressed his head and Onew made an effort to look at her. It hurt him so much that he couldn't simply tell her the truth, that he was too damn scared to lose her. Maybe his father was right and he was only a coward.

“You must eat it ok? Or you won't sleep on my bed tonight!” Hyejin said bossily changing her attitude like the tsundere person she was and Onew sighed making an effort not to smell the food and grabbed a little of it eating it slowly trying not to feel the taste but failing completely.

It tasted as bad as it smelled.

“It's good right?” She asked happily watching him and Onew opened his mouth not able to take it and the chewed food fell on the floor under him. He then turned to drink water and Hyejin groaned by his side.

“You really don't like it?”

He nodded opening his eyes wide making a cute face like he learned to do before to ask for food. It worked perfectly on humans that were always so weak to cute animals.

“Aish. It was so expensive!”

Onew meowed knowing exactly how expensive it was. He saw her pay and he truly tried to convince her not to do it moving like crazy in her lap but oh well no one listens to the cat.

“Maybe I can give to the stray cats outside. My landlord will kill me but…”

Onew rubbed his head on her arm. That was the Hyejin he loved, the one with a big heart she tried hard to hide.

“I still have chicken. Want some?” She asked scratching him between his ears and Onew meowed happily moving his tail in the air almost as if he was a dog.

“Aigo. How is this possible?!”

He wondered what she meant and then it downed to him. She was looking at him strangely, just like she did a few hours before when she ran away from his human form.

Was she connecting the dots, was she finally realizing that he couldn't be a normal cat?

Onew sat on the floor observing her and it scared him how she wasn't saying anything touching her cheek with a finger in deep thought.

“You had blue eyes before didn’t you?”

.

That could have happened a few times. It happened way more often when he was a cat.

“And that night, the one of the ghost, you were there also.” Hyejin sat on the floor in front of Onew and crossed her legs under her . “And you are a very weird cat. The more I think about it the more I…”

It was all doomed. Soon he couldn't be beside her as a human and apparently he would also have to stop being a cat. What would he do now?!

“There is also the fact that you always avoid Jinki. Maybe you sense something weird about him too!”

Well…

Hyejin grabbed Onew’s face and looked deep into his eyes making him nervous. Onew looked back at her meowing softly and then bit her hand grabbing it with his paws as if he was a cat playing.

She complained taking her hand away and touching the new scratch in it. “ Why did you do that Onew?”

He didn't say anything of course and instead he laid on the floor with his tummy up watching her in silence.

Cats did that kind of thing pretty often and he hoped that his cat like reaction would distract her from the truth.

“Never mind!” She stood up and Onew sighed of relief.

For how long would he be able to keep her away from the truth?

9kyzyu.jpg

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

Hyejin was lost in thought that morning in her way to work. Her life lately was a like a jigsaw puzzle and even though she changed the pieces around things didn't seem to make sense. That morning she was even early for work and that never happened, but she could barely sleep and it wasn't because of her nightmares. It was all Jinki’s fault and that kiss from the night before. Often his kisses made her daydream and walk on clouds but now she felt uneasy and she had no idea what to think about what happened and how to place all those random weird events that happened in her life in order.

Hyejin caressed the back of her neck that was exposed since her hair was pulled on top of her head and stepped into the sun on the same path that lead to the tree she loved so much.

This time, however, Jinki wasn't under it kissing her and the old gardener was there instead sweeping some dead leaves and looking at her in a way that left her nervous. Why did she had the feeling that he knew more than she did about that puzzle?

“You saw something didn't you?” the old man asked and Hyejin glanced behind her to be sure he was talking with her.

She was completely alone with him so he was speaking to her for sure. Hyejin nodded and the old man supported his arm over the broom looking at her in thought “And you can’t explain what you saw?”

“Yes.”

He smiled nodding his head knowing that something like that would happen eventually. “Maybe I can help you understand then.”

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

Taemin waved goodbye at one of his colleagues from college and kept walking down to the subway station. He didn't go far because someone stepped in front of him.

“Hyung!”

Taemin wrapped his arms around Jinki without any hesitation and Jinki hugged him back patting his back. “Missed me that much? We saw each other the other day!”

“Aish of course I would miss you.” Taemin pulled away and checked Jinki from head to toe.

“I’m healthy.”

Taemin frowned and then grabbed his brother’s hand affectionately.

Taemin was the kind of kid - he was still a kid in Jinki’s eyes - that had a hard time expressing what he felt with words so he was better with actions. He loved things intensely and did things intensely too. He was truly the tiger Jinki could never be.

“You came.”

“It was your final exam right?” Jinki asked even though he was sure it was. They spoke about that the last time they met.

“Yes.”

“What is next?”

When you have to juggle your life as a human with the one as a god, future plans are hard to make.

“Hum...drink and go out on a date.”

Jinki laughed with his brother’s answer and wrapped an arm around his neck and both walked down the street together.

If there was someone in this world that could understand Jinki that person was Taemin. Yes he did not have white fur but besides that he was like him, came from the same womb, the same blood, the same education, the same curse.

“You know I don't mean that.”

“I know. I'm not sure I want to follow dad’s footsteps.”

“You will break his heart like I did!” Jinki warned him widening his eyes and Taemin chuckled. He was such a brat sometimes.

“I wan’t s to sell more than antique dishware.” Their parents were the owners of a famous old brand - of course it was old since it was a family Earth god business - of handmade dishware. There was a reason he met Hyejin when he was checking the palace’s cups. His parents were experienced in that kind of thing.

“You will be an awesome lawyer!” Jinki patted the back of Taemin’s head and he smiled proudly.

“But hyung, there is something we must discuss.”

Jinki took his arm away and Taemin stepped in front of him looking at him with a serious expression.

“Yes?”

“Are you feeding?”

Taemin wasn't asking him if he had his dose of fried chicken and Jinki knew.

“Why are you asking?”

“You know what happens if you don't feed properly. You will get weaker and if you don't turn into a tiger for a long period, if you don't use your powers you know what might happen.”

“I’m ok.” Jinki was lying though. He knew what Taemin was talking about and he already noticed the changes in his energy. The eyes accident that happened the previous night had to do with that. Once a monster there is no way you can hide it for long.

“You must feed properly and go back and do the ritual.”

“I can't do that!”

Taemin sighed. Usually Jinki wasn't stubborn like that. He was the kind to go with the flow, the kind to listen well. The only time he went against his parents was when he decided to be a doctor and now with that girl.

“This girl you like, does she know about you? About us, your family?”

Jinki looked at the ground “No. I didn't tell her yet.” He raised his eyes “I need more time.”

“More time? For what? It won't change that we are gods, that we are different from humans!”

Jinki frowned in pain and Taemin placed a hand on his shoulder “It’s dangerous for her, you know that right? There are rumours.”

“About?”

“That clan is back. They might smell you. They will smell you on her and they might find you and hurt you or her.”

Even though Jinki knew that what Taemin was saying was true he couldn't back away now. He couldn't leave Hyejin alone. She couldn't be abandoned again.

“I can't leave her side, not now. They won't come after me or her. And besides are they truly back? We have a peace agreement.”

“We did but things are strange lately and they are invading our territory now.”

Jinki frowned remembering that day at the park. He was sure something not human was there also and it wasn't a tiger god.

“You must be careful.”

Taemin grasped Jinki’s shoulder and he looked at him forcing a smile.

“I will, I will!”

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

“Thank you.” The older man said after receiving a water bottle from Hyejin.

It was her break from work, after a morning with her distressed waiting for the moment she agreed to meet the old gardener to talk.

He opened the bottle and took a gulp of water while she looked at him in expectation.

“I told you about Earth Gods before right?”

Hyejin’s disappointment was clear on her face and the old man growled.

“You need to trust me if you want me to help you.”

“Sure, I'll listen until the end.”

The old man took a sip of the water and then cleaned his sweaty forehead before sitting on the bench to tell Hyejin part of what he knew. She sat beside him listening like she used to do with her father when he told her about old korean folktales.

“The Earth Gods are sons from the Gods with special humans. A blessing from the Gods above and they walk among us pretending to be normal.” Hyejin didn't say anything and after the old man was sure that she wasn't mocking what he was saying he kept going “They are half human, half animal and half God. “ The old man showed her three fingers. “It represents perfection. Heaven, Humans and animals together in one. These creatures hide among us and live like humans but they have a hunger different from ours. A hunger that feeds their powers. They have much more strength than we do, they have the powers of their animal side, they can change shape and sometimes they even have other powers. However they must feed from other creatures if they want to keep their powers and not die. And especially from humans.”

“You mean that they eat people?” Hyejin widened her eyes. Either the old man watched too many horror movies or the world was way more scarier than she thought.

“They might but that is not the right way to absorb that energy.”

“I don't get it.”

“Blood. All kind of fluids that make us alive. The energy inside us, our emotions. They eat them. The best way to feed for them is by taking humans as slaves, as sources of energy.”

“Are you trying to tell me that these creatures treat humans as if they were cows giving milk or something?”

The old man chuckled but nodded his head “Something similar. Nowadays they don't take humans as slaves anymore but it happened in the past and I'm sure some clans might still do it secretly.”

Hyejin shook her head more confused than ever “What does that have to do with what I saw?”

“What did you saw?”

She wasn't sure where to start. Should she tell him about the ghost, about Jinki’s eyes or her mysterious cat? What was the connection between all that? Did it truly have a connection?

“I saw a ghost here at night. With blue eyes and…”

“That wasn't a ghost. That was a Earth God that used to live here.” Hyejin swallowed nervously and the old man smiled mysteriously “He can change forms. He can be an animal, a dog, a bird, a cat…”

Hyejin’s eyes widened and she remembered how the old man scolded her for adopting Onew. It was true Onew showed up on the night she saw the ghost but…

Those blue eyes…

A sudden crazy thought that maybe all that was true crossed her mind but she quickly kicked it away. It was not possible. She was no longer the little girl that believed the stories her father told her about the Goddess living on the Moon, about goblins and other creatures.

Still, she asked it.

“Can the eyes of a person change color?”

“A pearlescent kind of blue?”

She nodded her head slowly and the old man nodded “That's the color of the Gods, the energy floating inside these creatures.”

Or could simply be a weird phenomenon due to the lighting at night. That whole story was ridiculous after all.

“These creatures are dangerous then.” She said suddenly feeling empty. They werent many different from the monsters in the stories.

“Oh some are but others are just like us trying to live a normal life. Don't we all sometimes feel like we don't belong here?! Don’t we all have a dark side we hide from everyone?”

Hyejin leaned forward hiding her face in her hands over her lap and the old man patted her shoulder gently.

“Are you feeling alright?”

“No. I either have a mutant cat or I might have fallen in love with a vampire. I thought this only happened in lame romances.”

The gardener laughed and then corrected her “Ah they aren't vampires. Those creatures probably don't even exist. Who believes in those tales?!”

She raised her head looking at him incredulous.

“They probably are the reason someone made up vampires. I mean they truly drink blood and feed from our emotions.”

“Can they manipulate you too? Make you fall for them?”

“No don't think so. Your feelings are true young lady. Manipulating feelings isn't something that can be done. Love is just love.”

She groaned rubbing her temple and stared at the tree in front of her. Just a few days ago she was under it kissing Jinki as if nothing else mattered and now maybe he was not a normal person.

“I'm going crazy. This can't be happening!” She pinched her arm hurting herself and the old man stood up.

“I have work to do. Come search me after you know more. Good luck!”

She watched him walk away and then released a soft cry and squished her cheeks in thought.

It was insane to believe in a story told by a old man she barely knew. Maybe he was crazy and told her that story because she was emotionally confused.

That was probably the reason she dared to believe that there might be some truth to it.

She needed to be sure that what she saw wasn't her imagination before she started making questions sounding like a mad woman.

DEUkKc.png

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

Jinki was waiting for her when she left work and even though they were awkward together for a while, slowly they started talking again and acting more normal.

Eventually she invited him to have dinner at her place and they were now watching tv after eating. It was weird for him to be there by her side in his human form without touching her, innocently watching tv.

The drama was a bit boring so he yawned several times trying to hint that it was time for them to go to bed. Hopefully she would invite him to stay that night and he would be able to make out with her. He missed her kisses, he missed touching her and her smell. It was true that he could smell her from where he was but it was different than actually kiss and her neck.

It was the difference between smelling ice cream and eating it. And Hyejin was the most delicious ice cream ever made. And the most provocative one because she kept raising her hair showing her perfect neck to him making him almost salivate.

She was so mean to him sometimes.

Jinki yawned again and in a bold move he laid on the floor with his head on her lap. Hyejin looked at him a little startled but didn't push him away so he closed his eyes smiling happily. He did that in his cat form so many times to count but doing it in his human form was way more fun.

“I think my cat Onew is weird.”

He opened his eyes immediately and she looked at him biting the inside of her cheek. He tasted something different - was she nervous? Why?

“I think he isn't a normal cat.”

“What do you mean?”

“He might be the ghost I saw at the palace.”

Jinki sat up again and laughed at her making Hyejin frown and the nervous taste started to dissipate. Was she testing him?! Jinki choked on his laughter realizing that maybe Hyejin suspected him and was only trying to check his reaction.

“Why do you think that?”

“His eyes...they change color just like yours.”

Jinki moved his face closer to hers making her heart beat faster as if there were drums inside his ears. “What color are my eyes Hyejin?”

She bit her lower lip looking into his eyes.

“Are they blue?”

“No.” She answered weakly. They were still the same dark brown that she loved and Jinki smirked before stealing a quick kiss from her lips.

Hyejin didn't say anything and he laid down again placing his head on her lap closing his eyes satisfied.

Jinki was happy that she seemed to forget her suspicions of him and was more relaxed now. Well to an extend since he could still hear her heart beating fast. She turned off the tv and silence fell in the room. She didn't move or say anything so he kept his eyes closed and snuggled closer to her inhaling her scent. Soon that faint scent from the other day came to his tongue and it was his time to have his senses going crazy.

Hyejin touched his forehead, her fingers now burning him with desire and Jinki stood motionless trying hard to control himself or he would attack her. She couldn’t touch him tenderly like that when her emotions tasted that divine filled with desire and...love.

He opened his eyes realizing that it was probably that. That taste, that sweet and yet spicy taste, could only be love. He sat up again facing her and Hyejin looked at him embarrassed reading in his eyes that he wanted more than the simple touch of her hand.

He wet his lips while his predatory gaze was on hers and Hyejin moved her hands nervously on her lap.

“Jinki?”

He rubbed his nose against hers and her cheek, like a cat, and closed his eyes trying to control his hunger, but it was almost impossible to do so.

“I want to have with you Hyejin but we shouldn't.” She didn't say anything but placed her hands on his chest making him whimper as if her touch burned him “You make it so hard for me to control myself.”

“I'm not doing anything.”

He opened his eyes looking so intensely at her making her heart explode with emotions, emotions that he could taste clearly, to an extreme way, which made him grab her wrist and pull her hands away from him.

“Jinki?” He didn't answer, instead he pulled her up with him, his eyes never leaving hers and pushed Hyejin back with him in the direction of the kitchen table. They only stopped when her hit it.

“Tell me to stop Hyejin or I won't stop.”

She couldn't tear her eyes away from his that were filled with longing for her and his fingers were grasping her wrists and yet he wasn't hurting her. In all the time she knew Jinki she never saw him like that so…masculine so passionate. It was making her ache deep inside her.

He wasn't oblivious to that. Jinki closed his eyes smelling her arousement. He was a male and she was a female and damn the only thing both wanted at the moment was .

Jinki wrapped one arm around her waist making Hyejin widen her eye and swiftly sat her over the kitchen table.

She tried to speak but he crashed his lips against her with such a powerful way that the movement made the table slide slightly on the floor. Hyejin didn't know what to do with her hands; either touching his cheek or hair or grasping his silly t-shirt with a monkey, on his shoulders and back; but Jinki knew what he was doing. His fingers traveled down her back ing her dress quickly and pulling it down her shoulders. He parted from her lips kissing her down her neck biting her softly making Hyejin moan of pleasure. She wasn't sure what to do anymore. Jinki seemed desperate to take her and she didn't mind it at all. She wanted it as much as him. He pulled the sleeves of her dress down her arms more gently eyeing her as if to check that she was ok with it and Hyejin took the moment to brush the bangs of his hair away from his eyes. He looked so cute with his hair a mess that she giggled.

Her heart was bursting with all kind of delicious emotions and Jinki was having a feast of sensations. Fireworks were exploding inside him and as soon as he got rid of her dress pulling it down to her waist he took sight of the vision in front of him. Hyejin was only wearing a dark blue bra, her skin like pure white, her black hair falling over it. She had a small beauty mark over her chest and Jinki kissed it tenderly making her sigh. He looked up at her and then kissed her again, now more slowly, and yet the intensity was the same. Hyejin wrapped her arms around his neck and he caressed her cheeks, touching her lips with his tongue. She parted them and whimpered when his tongue touched hers tasting her in a more intimate way than before.

She was delicious, so delicious that he wanted to possess her like he never possessed any woman before.

His hands moved down her neck - where he could feel her delicious blood pulsating, down to her shoulders - her skin was so soft- and down to her s - he couldn't wait for the moment he could take that bra off of her - then down to her tummy.

Jinki’s explorations stopped because of the dress and he pulled away from her lips. Hyejin sighed recovering her breath, her lips red as blood that it made him smile.

“Shouldn't you take off your shirt too?” She asked in a daze and Jinki smiled caressing her cheek again.

“Soon.” For now he wanted to touch her, to admire every inch of her, to explore her body and know her in a way no one ever did. She was his. She had to be.

He caressed her beauty mark again and Hyejin touched his fingers trying to grab his hand in hers but he pulled them away and instead caressed her tummy making her breathe faster, her chest moving in such an enticing way - full of life - that left him very .

“Your kisses taste so good.” He mumbled closing his eyes while he brushed his lips against hers and Hyejin closed hers too her hands joining his on her tummy.

“I want to touch you too.” She said it blushing and even though he knew he would never say no to that Jinki ignored her and instead raised the skirt of her dress and sneaked his hands under.

Hyejin bit her lower lip lowering her gaze but he used his free hand to pull her chin up so that her gaze found his again. Jinki didn't say anything nor moved his eyes from hers and instead watched her carefully.

He caressed her thighs softly and slowly, concentrated on her heartbeat and the taste of her emotions, trying to notice the moment when it would intensify. He wasn't wrong. As soon as he touched her inner thigh, his fingers dangerously close to her , Hyejin grasped the table under her, her heart was beating so fast that he felt as if it was a percussion performance only for him and he could almost smell it...her wetness mixed with her necessity for him to touch her where she ached for him.

This time, unlike others he didn't stop; he couldn't stop and Jinki caressed her over the silky fabric of her . She was burning under it and whimpered in pleasure hiding her face against his shoulder. Jinki didn't stop. He closed his eyes inhaling the scent of her neck that was now there next to his lips and rubbed her oris over her .

She cried grasping the back of his T-shirt and Jinki kissed her neck giving her a hickey.

“Does it feel good?” He asked rubbing his lips on her neck, knowing the answer to it. All her body was singing it to him.

“Yes.” She mumbled moving her hand to grasp his arm just when he sneakd his fingers under her bathing them in her humidity.

He was right. He smelled it. He wanted so badly to take her but he needed to go slow. She was still a and the last thing he wanted was to hurt her.

“Jinki…” her moan made him open his eyes and he pushed her away enough that he could look at her face. His fingers were still caressing her and her cheeks were so red, as much as her swollen lips from his intense kisses. She looked so beautiful and even though she wasn't saying no to his advances he felt guilty. He was going to take the woman he loved like that, over a kitchen table in such an animalistic way? Hyejin deserved more. At least he should take her to her bed. Jinki withdraw his fingers from under her and wrapped his arms around her waist again ready to pull her to his arms but stopped. She was looking at him intensely, stealing small kisses from his lips alternating them with longing glances and every time her eyes met his he was afraid that his body would do it again and betray him.

If his eyes changed while they had - which would probably happen as soon as he had an - she would be horrified. Not the best experience for a first time.

Jinki released Hyejin and stepped all the way back, away from her until his back hit the wall.

Hyejin watched him confused, her dress falling on her waist, her chest uncovered showing her bra.

“D-id I do something wrong?” She asked probably remembering the last time she asked him to have and he hid in the bathroom.

“No. I did.”

“You were doing it well…” She pulled her dress up to cover her bra “I mean I was enjoying it.”

He knew she was. He could smell her clearly from there.

“You don't understand.”

“Then tell me. I want to understand.”

He opened his mouth to speak and tell her who he was but words didn't come out. He was scared, so scared to lose her.

“I'm sorry Hyejin. I can't do this, I can't stay. It's not fair to you!”

Before she had time to say anything he strode to the door and left.

Hyejin slowly came down from the table covering herself with her dress. She was still in a daze with everything that happened in the last ten minutes and her legs were still shaking. One moment he was kissing her and making her moan of pleasure and love and other he was running away as if he was hurting her somehow.

She stood motionless in the middle of the kitchen not knowing what to do. Should she cry? Get angry with him?

The only thing she wanted was to understand what the hell was happening with her life lately.

2lto5f4.jpg

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

Hours passed by slowly.

Jinki didn't contact Hyejin for two days and even though she tried to call him he didn't pick up at all.

His silence after what happened, the lack of an explanation made Hyejin extremely mad with him but it also made her cry at night wondering if she wouldn't ever see him again, if he was doing alright.

Suddenly her days became boring, the palace’s gardens didn't look as beautiful and green like they did before and not even Minho’s excited smile while he did the last preparation for the Palace's birthday celebrations were making her feel better.

The day of the Celebration arrived and the Palace was filled with tourists, curious neighbors and groups of school kids that decided to visit that day because the ticket was half it's price.

Hyejin never worked so much in one day. Her usual groups of 15 tourists became 20 and she barely had time to do a break before she had another group to guide.

However that wasn't entirely bad, it distracted her from thinking about Jinki, even though she still searched for him in the middle of the tourists hoping to see him smile back at her.

That idiot!

She didn't even care if his eyes were blue or brown or any color of the rainbow. She only wanted to see him again, to understand what was so wrong with her that spooked him like that every time they became more physical.

That evening while she put on her makeup and got ready for the party, that she helped prepare with Minho, Hyejin thought about Jinki and how much she wanted him to go the party with her. Almost all of her coworkers were going with someone and she was completely alone.

She checked herself in the mirror. Her dress was very plain, a short dress with blue skirt and white top, a small blue ribbon on the collar. She was wearing polka dots black tights though and blue heels which made her look cute and yet simple and elegant. Hyejing combed her hair with her fingers and noticed Onew’s eyes on her. Her cat was acting weird lately also and she almost had no doubts that he was sick even though the veterinary said he wasn't.

Hyejin sighed leaving the bathroom and grabbed her small blue bag. Earlier that day she commented that she had to ride a taxi for the palace and Minho offered to give her a ride. Usually that would make her explode of happiness since it was as if she was his date. Both were alone, both would arrive the party together, however she couldn't stop thinking about how wonderful it would be to open the door of her apartment and see Jinki standing there wearing a suit like the one he wore when he took her dancing, smiling proudly at her because she looked the prettiest ever.

Hyejin kissed Onew's head and opened the door. No one was outside and instead a white car was parked in front of her building - Minho. She turned off the light of her apartment - she was now safe outside under the street lamp’s light - and closed the door.

Silence filled the apartment and Onew stood up from the chair he was on.

He avoided her in his human form the last two days and he felt like a complete coward running away from the apartment as soon as Hyejin cried because of him. She probably felt betrayed, insecure about how she looked - after all he avoided having with her twice. He did notice how long it took for her to get ready that evening, how she redid her makeup twice, how she almost had a mental break down choosing what to wear. He was a gentleman not peeking at her while she changed but he couldn't help it but watch her zip her dress on her back. He wanted to do it so badly, touch the soft white skin of her back. He did caress her that night, kissed the beauty mark on her chest, inhaled her scent, tasted her lips.

She looked so beautiful too and he truly wished he was the one taking her, not Minho.

He needed more. He needed her above everything else and he had to stop being a coward if he wanted to go all the way with her. But would she still want him once she found out about his lies?

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

Being a cat has its perks. He could enter the party without a ticket and was now watching the party from the window using his good vision to find Hyejin in the middle of the other guests.

She was drinking something, standing beside Minho that was speaking to a guy with an expensive suit, probably the man representing the Ministry of Tourism.

Even though she was smiling listening to the conversation Jinki knew that she wasn't truly there and her mind was elsewhere instead.

He looked at her sadly regretting the fact that he didn't go to the party with her because now he could wrap his arm around her waist and kiss her cheek; act like her boyfriend. He placed a paw on the window forgetting that he wasn't a human anymore and his snot hit the glass making him meow in pain.

What was he doing?! He wasn’t enjoying the party and it wasn't even that useful emotion wise. It was boring and so not delicious.

Onew blinked his cat eyes and then he noticed Hyejin looking back at him. She spotted him at the window and that wasn't good even though he was a cat.

He saw her give a step towards the window, narrowing her eyes trying to see better and be sure that it was her cat and then other and another and soon she was pacing to the door that lead outside and to him. Onew quickly jumped down the window and ran to the tree nearby climbing up the fastest he could.

Hyejin’s heels clicked on the stairs and she carefully came down from them and stood on the path looking around in the dark. The light from the party didn't illuminate much and Jinki noticed how she didn't step into the darkness staying in that circle of light. One more step and she would be near the tree where he was, involved in darkness.

She looked beautiful there, illuminated by the light, the trees projecting a shadow in front of her, the moon and stars decorating the sky over the palace’s roof. It was like the old painting his mother cherished that was in the wall of their living room, the one representing Selene. She was a princess truly and Jinki only wanted to climb down the tree, turn into a man and wrap his arm around her waist pulling her to his arms like a true prince should do, whispering words of love, the ones she deserved.

But he wasn't that prince and soon the real one came out searching for her.

“Is everything ok?” Minho asked coming after her stopping by her side and Hyejin looked at him.

Jinki’s chest swollened with jealousy. They looked perfect together. Minho was tall and handsome and he was wearing a dark suit making him look truly like royalty or worse, the groom at the end of the movie before the happy ever after.

“I think I saw my cat but it's so dark that I'm afraid to go search for him.” Hyejin told Minho.

“Maybe he missed this place. He used to live here before after all.”

She nodded still eyeing the darkness, her eyes moving to the tree branch where he was hiding and Onew hid more in the middle of the foliage.

Minho placed his arm on Hyejin’s back softly and Onew’s fur on his back raised.

“He will be ok. He knows this place well and he always goes back home right?”

“Yes, you are right.” Yet she didn't take her eyes away from the shrubs and worse, the trees.

“Since we are here alone, there is something I have to tell you.”

Hyejin turned to Minho and Onew moved on the tree branch quietly so that he could see both their faces.

“You look so beautiful tonight.”

Hyejin looked shyly down “Thank you.”

“I don't mean that you are not beautiful everyday just that tonight you truly sparkle.”

“It’s a special day that's why.” She raised her eyes to Minho and he caressed her cheek.

Onew almost fell from the tree eyeing them with so much jealousy that he was afraid he would jump down from the tree and attack Minho. So it was happening, what he feared the most.

Jinki could taste their emotions which seemed to be a blessing in other occasions but this time was a terrible curse.

Minho was nervous and yet there was a sweet taste there also. He liked her very much maybe even loved and then Hyejin...Onew was confused about her. She was staring at Minho probably knowing exactly what he would say next but there wasn't that known increasing beat of her heart or the look of devotion in her eyes. She was probably still in shock.

“I told my parents I wouldn't marry. They were really mad but...” He moved his fingers softly on her skin down to her chin. “But being happy and true to yourself and your own feelings is more important.”

Hyejin didn't say anything and Minho took his hand away and instead grabbed her fingers hesitantly holding her hand.

There was a change in her cardiac rhythm there and Onew’s eyes filled with sadness. She still had feelings for him.

He couldn't see that well from where he was but Onew was sure that her cheeks were probably red and she was staring at Minho like she stared at him as if she didn't need to blink her eyes. Her beautiful eyes with long eyelashes, her small cute nose…and her lips…

Now it was Minho’s turn to have her for him and Jinki’s turn to watch from afar and he was hating every moment of it.

“I know that maybe it’s too late and that maybe you are in a relationship with Lee Jinki.”

Hyejin looked away uncomfortable and Onew raised his ears and smelled the air. He needed to understand what she was feeling but it was all so confusing. Too many scents in the air.

“And it won't be easy to go against my parents but I have a good job and I know I can make you happy if you let me.”

That was like a damn proposal and Onew nails sunk in the tree branch.

“I-I’m not dating Jinki.” Hyejin answered still looking at her feet and both men waited for her to say more, one with hope and other hating himself for not truly dating her.

“It’s all very confusing right now.”

Minho released her hand. “I understand.”

“I need time.” She raised her eyes to Minho “I need to think.”

“I know. I'm just telling you that I like you and I want to date you.”

Hyejin’s eyes became wet and she bit her lower lip. She always wanted to hear that from Minho, from her prince and now that she was hearing it she wanted him to be someone else, a silly Lee Jinki.

“And you wouldn't run away?” She mumbled to herself and Minho bended his head forward to try and understand what she said.

“Excuse me?”

Jinki heard it perfectly though and his heart broke into pieces.

He ruined everything. He was the one who was pushing her away from him with his lies and now someone else that could give her what he couldn't stepped forward.

“I'll give you time to think. There is no rush. I'm not going anywhere.” Minho said sweetly offering her a big smile and Onew knew he wasn't lying.

Hyejin looked at him thankfully. Not going anywhere was all she wanted to hear and her heart filled with sweet tasty emotions that Onew truly didn't want to feed from.

Minho wasn't going anywhere but Onew was. He jumped from the tree and disappeared in the middle of the darkness with a broken heart.

f9f9rr.jpg

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

Hyejin was alone barefooted, eyeing a small hole on the thighs over her big right toe. She still had her pretty dress on but she took her makeup off already.

Onew was nowhere in sight and she wondered if he was still at the palace’s gardens exploring. Jinki didn't answer her calls again and she didn't knew anything about him for two days now.

She never felt so alone in her whole life.

Yes, her father abandoned her and for several days she cried not understanding where he was but her mother was always there. She wasn't the most caring towards her but she was there, filling the house with noise - even if it was from scolding her. Then she remarried and she got a new brother and there was even more noise. When she moved to live alone she learned to live with silence. She didn't like it but it was her reality and she got used to it. Sometimes it could be good.

But now after Jinki and Onew entered her life she saw herself alone again and she didn't like it all.

Minho drove her home and she almost told him to enter but did not. It wasn't fair to him and she wasn't even sure what they would do inside her apartment. They didn't talk much before and she felt awkward around him now. It wasn't like Jinki that she would joke with or hit or scold. He wasn't like Jinki that used to hug and kiss her and rub his nose on her neck, his hot breathing tickling her skin. Only thinking about it made her shiver.

Hyejin grabbed her phone again and tried calling Jinki once again but nothing. He was completely ignoring her.

Instead she wrote another angry text. She called him several bad names already, threatened him and even tried to make him jealous with Minho but he didn't answer even though she knew that he saw.

However, she decided on taking a different approach. She decided to be honest which was something that didn't come easy to her when it came to her feelings.

I miss you. I miss you so much that my heart hurts. Please at least call me. We can talk about it. Even if you don't want to be with me intimately we can be friends. I promise I’ll behave. I won't scold you or scream at you. I just want my friend back.

Before she had time to hesitate Hyejin sent the message and waited.

He didn't see it. Not then and not in the remaining hour so instead Hyejin laid over her bed still wearing her pretty dress that she wore for him - she still had hopes he would see it - and closed her eyes.

She had so many space to move her legs since neither Jinki or Onew was there.

She opened her eyes. Onew and Jinki never met. She already realized that before and Onew was weird the whole two last days, weirder than usual. He didn't even want to eat chicken like before. He seemed sad and he wasn't a normal cat.

Jinki wasn't a normal man either, he was so weird sometimes and he seemed to have an obsession with her smell and know exactly what she was feeling.

Hyejin bit her lower lip thinking about what the old gardener said. He was at the party that night and she noticed him looking at her a few times. He didn't seem crazy, actually he was like a normal old man with his wife the whole night.

According to him Earth Gods can have animal shapes too. What if her cat wasn't truly a cat? No cat can do the laundry or clean the house. What if her cat was in reality a person? She sat up on her bed in shock. What if all that time she was living with a person, someone she didn't know, and that person saw her undress, slept with her, touched her underwear, sat on her lap, ate her food and worse heard her thoughts. What if that person was Jinki and in reality Jinki and Onew…

No! She shock her head. No that wasn't possible. That was completely impossible.

Jinki wasn't an animal even though he was very wild that day they almost had . However he was also so gentle and sweet and he couldn't lie to her like that. If that was true than who he was was a complete lie. He couldn't do that to her!

Hyejin laid down over her bed again. That was a stupid idea!

She should be focusing on what happened at the party, how Minho confessed to her so sweetly. He could give her stability and love. He was the perfect man to marry and everyone would go crazily jealous if she told them that she was dating him.

Besides she wanted that so desperately before and now...now she couldn't stop thinking about another man.

 

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

“You don't have any friends to call?” Taemin asked pulling a chair and sitting beside Jinki.

It was a small bar and didn't have many people anymore due to the time of the night. However Jinki was still there with three bottles of soju in front of him. He was already drinking when he read the message Hyejin sent to him. Let’s just say that didn't help him stop.

“I thought you didn't drink, only during formal events or with friends.” Taemin placed his elbows over the table and looked at Jinki sadly.

“I do have friends but I don't feel like seeing their faces.” they all thought he was running away from his responsibilities. “And I felt like drinking and that's why I called you. I need someone to take me home.” Jinki’s lips spread into a cute smile and Taemin sighed.

“Shall I take you home then?”

“Hell no! Take me to my old apartment.”

It was hard to read another Earth God’s feelings and you couldn't feed on their emotions either, but Taemin knew Jinki so he acknowledged the real reason Jinki didn't want to see his friends.

“They are right you know? You are the one that should lead.”

Jinki mumbled some words and then grabbed his glass of soju drinking it. The memory of Minho’s long fingers - so different from his chubby ones holding the glass - grabbing Hyejin’s delicate ones came to his mind. They were like a Disney couple.

“Maybe I should…” That surprised Taemin “Maybe there is no reason to fight anymore and I should just accept that I am a monster and I don't belong in this fairytale.”

Pain crossed Taemin’s features and he grabbed Jinki’s hand before he poured more soju in his glass. That wasn't the way he wanted Jinki to go back to the clan. He didn't want him to do it because he thought that there was no hope, that he didn't deserve to be happy, that he was a monster.

“That is not true and fairytales don't exist.”

“They do.” Jinki insisted remembering the first time he kissed Hyejin, the first time he saw her. She was...ethereal. It was funny how a god saw her like that but that was how she made him feel. Being with her made him feel more blessed than he ever felt in all his life. “When I touch Hyejin my insides explode, when I kiss her it's amazing, something heavenly, unique. If that isn't a fairytale kind of thing then I don't know what it is.”

Taemin chuckled loving that side of Jinki. He was a passionate man, he had a few things he liked to do and did them passionately but Taemin never saw Jinki talk about a woman like that.

“That's unique indeed, it's called love.”

Of course he knew what Jinki felt, he also was in love.

“If love does exist then anything is possible, even fairytales.” Jinki sad drunkenly and then touched his chest “We exist and we are freaking weird, out from folktales…”

Taemin chuckled, that was true.

“Nevertheless, you are not a monster. Maybe you aren't the prince of this story but of another.”

Jinki whimpered “I want to be the prince in this one.” He his lips pushing the glass of soju away from him. He wanted to think clearly about what he was saying “If she isn't my princess then I don't want anyone else.”

Those weren't the words of a drunk man, those were his honest feelings.

“Aigo.” Taemin ran his fingers on his head smiling. His hyung was cute when he was tipsy.

Jinki stood up and Taemin stood up with him. “I need to go home. She is alone and she must be worried with me. Either with Onew or Jinki. I must go back.”

Taemin grabbed his arm. “Don't. Sober up first and then talk with her.”

“Talk?”

“Yes. If you love her like you say you do, risk it all for her. Tell her who you are! The only person that can determine if you are a prince or a monster in this story is her. She will give you an answer and then you can decide what to do with your life.”

“She will reject me, I won't be able to see her anymore.”

“And like this is a solution? She will find out eventually and push you away, mad that you lied to her. Isn't that worse?”

Taemin was right and Jinki groaned. He was in fact already losing her.

His main objective when he approached her was to make her warm up to him and maybe fall in love with him before he told her the truth. He had hopes that knowing him before knowing who he was would help her accept it. She already knew him, they were close and almost intimate. He tasted love- or whatever that emotion was - coming from her. There wasn't anything else he could but hope that her feelings for him would be enough to grant him forgiveness.

“I’ll tell her…I will.”

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

Hyejin was on her bed rolling from one side to the other until she stopped facing her moon lamp. She felt uneasy and her stomach hurt for no reason. It was as if she knew something that would change her life would happen soon.

She wasn't wrong because it was near 3 am when someone knocked on her door. Hyejin sat on the bed in full alert wondering who would visit her so late and then placed her feet on the floor and walked to the living room where she the light.

“It’s me.” Jinki’s voice coming from the other side made her rush to the door but she hesitated. Hyejin still had that bad feeling. Whatever was going to happen, once she opened the door, things would change between them. Yet she couldn't live like that forever so she opened the door.

Jinki’s hair was a little tousled and he had a few buttons of his shirt open and she frowned wondering if he was drinking.

Jinki’s eyes moved down her body checking her out too. She was only wearing her black shorts and a old pink t-shirt. She didn't even have her bra on and he seemed to notice it, which made her cross her arms in front of her chest.

“I-I have to talk with you. I'm sorry I am so...late.” In every possible way.

She stepped aside for him to enter and then closed the door.

“I'm sorry I didn't answer your calls but…”

Before he had time to finish Hyejin wrapped her arms around him hugging him tightly, resting her cheek against his chest.

“I'm glad you're safe. I was worried.”

He completely lost his will to tell her the truth. What if she never hugged him like that ever again?

He could feel her chest against his, all her body pressed to his and it felt so good that he never wanted to let her go.

“I was thinking.” He said and she pulled away and punched his stomach making him lean forward in pain grunting.

“YOU CAN STILL CALL PEOPLE WHEN YOU ARE THINKING!” Hyejin stepped away mad and Jinki smiled because that was her - his Hyejin.

“Are you hungry? You were drinking right?”

He couldn't deny the obvious. “I was trying to gather my courage to come.” He his lips and Hyejin stared at him in expectation. She wasn't covering herself anymore, completely forgetting about it, knowing that whatever he was going to say was more important than him seeing her erect s under her t-shirt. “We need to talk. After we can…I can…” He chewed the inside of his cheek his eyes drifting to the table where he almost had with her “We can make up and I can give to you what you want.”

She frowned.

“I mean that I want to have with you, that I didn't run away because of that. I'm very attracted to you, ok?”

She looked away flustered and he added “But before I touch you I need to tell you something.”

“What?”

He didn't say anything but her eyes were on his and he knew she had her suspicions already. Hyejin approached him staring into his eyes remembering what the old gardener said.

“Can I kiss you?” He nodded his head “You won't close your eyes if I do it?” Another nod “Promise?”

“I promise.” It was the time for her to know the truth.

Jinki leaned forward and Hyejin pressed her lips against his, keeping her eyes open to check his that were also open. He blocked all the emotions focusing on his own feelings and slowly he let her energy flow to him. Hyejin pulled away but her expression didn't change so his eyes probably didn't turn blue.

Hyejin smiled relieved but Jinki grabbed her hand.

“Kiss me again.” He said. He probably needed more, much more energy for it to happen. “And...touch me.” He pulled her hand to his chest. “And don't hold it in. Print your feelings into it.”

She swallowed hard and he took a deep breath, prepared to feel that sweet taste he could only receive from her. He wished it was love so very much.

“I love you Hyejin.” He whispered pulling her closer to him, to his arms knowing that his words were having an effect on her. “I love you very very much.”

Hyejin kissed him again and Jinki held her hand against his chest kissing her back. He parted his lips and she kissed him deeper her eyes closing. Her fingers moved slightly on his chest and he released her hand and let her caress him down to his stomach. His heart started to beat as fast as hers and he wrapped his arms around her closing his eyes also. He was breaking that promise but he wouldn't hide them from her once the kiss ended. Jinki was only surrendering to the kiss and his feelings hoping that that would make his energy overflow.

He tasted it, that cocktail of scents and emotions. Hyejin’s lips against his, her feelings for him, his feelings for her, her touch on his chest…

After a while she pulled away and both opened their eyes.

Hyejin stepped backwards covering and he knew it worked.

He was no longer Lee Jinki the human only, he was revealing his other side to her and it was her time to call him a monster or not.

“W-Who are you?”

He stepped towards her slowly as if she was a cute pet trapped and scared needing rescue but Hyejin stepped back once again.

“I’m Lee Jinki. You should ask What I am instead!”

“Eyes don't change color like that…”

“Human’s eyes don't, you are right but...I am not entirely human.”

It was now or never. He was tired of lying and it was Hyejin’s time to decide what his role on her life was.

 

 

14t81v9.jpg

 
Hello!
Did you miss me?
Give me your thoughts about this chapter. It marks a turning point on the fic. I hope you enjoyed it.
How will Hyejin react to Jinki's confession?
 
SUC my story! XD Subscribe, Upvote and Comment !

PS: I'm going to start the last chapter of CEL....T_T *nervous*