Chapter XXXIII - Roar the World

Treat for Two

A.N: This chapter wasn't beta-read.

The song fits perfectly the last part of this chapter so I strongly advice reading it while listening to it. ;)

I barely know anything about Kendo, so I'm truly sorry if I made any mistake (I did some research about rules, outfits, etc...)

 

= Chapter XXXIII=

Roar the World

 

 

Yeah, you and me we can ride on a star

If you stay with me, girl, we can rule the world

Yeah, you and me we can light up the sky

If you stay by my side, we can rule the world

 

Rule the World - Take That

 

"Everything is ready." Jinki whispered, noticing one of his family employees speaking to his father. The challenge would start as soon as Jae Hui arrived.

Even though his grandfather was there already and all of Taemin's supporters, Jae Hui failed to show up on time. If it was the other way around Jinki was sure that they would be protesting, calling them disrespectful. As the clan’s chief, however, his father decided to patiently wait so he wouldn’t be accused of favoritism. The Shaman was beside him smiling as if he had no worries whatsoever. He even blinked one eye at Jinki, which did nothing to calm his nerves.

Taemin stood in his place, wearing a navy blue gi and hakama, his eyes set on the floor as if he was in deep thought. Once in a while, he would scan the audience to smile reassuringly at Seo Ah.

"He looks so regal." Hyejin had pointed out that morning when they had left the house. "And so…confident. He will win this."

However, his confidence had nothing to do with the fight and Jinki knew it. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and bit his lower lip, once again checking the entrance of the park. He wasn't anywhere in sight.

"That piece of ." Hyejin cursed beside him.

"He is doing it on purpose," Jinki murmured back. "He is trying to make us nervous and it's working."

"Not for Taemin. He looks so focused."

Jinki scoffed. He knew what he was planning. His brother told him that morning. "He has a backup plan."

"What do you mean?"

"If he loses the match he is running away with her."

Hyejin gasped but quickly hid her surprise trying to act normal. "He can't do that. Jae Hui will probably haunt them down."

"He won't." Jinki frowned "He might pretend to for a while but he won't care. Seo Ah is a toy for him. She is using her to punish Taemin and to hurt me." Jinki swallowed hard. "And either marrying Seo Ah or not he gets what he wants. Our family will be ruined if Taemin steals her away."

"But…"

"My chances of being a chief clan after my father will probably go down the drain."

Hyejin looked at Jinki’s profile. He didn't seem upset or sad about that outcome but she sensed something else, a feeling of loss. Of what would never come true. He wanted it, the desire to be a leader had grown on him in the past weeks.

"You must stop him. I'm sure Taemin wouldn't want to jeopardize your chances."

Jinki turned to look at her and smiled softly "No, I told him to do it. He deserves to be happy as I am."

Hyejin’s skin warmed up and her heart tightened when his lips parted into a big smile that had the power to light up the link they shared between them.

With blue eyes and a warm voice, he spoke "I want him to be with the person he loves the most in this world. Everyone deserves to find someone like that and he did and I can't be the reason stopping him from being with her." He slid his fingers in the middle of hers and Hyejin smiled back. Her heart thumped intensely. For sure everyone could hear it if they wanted but she didn't care. However, how beautiful, selfless, and truthful his words were, they also filled her with sorrow. Jinki was meant to be a leader. She knew that and giving it away for his brother’s happiness, even though it was a very Jinki thing to do, she resented it.

"Are you upset?" He asked whether because he saw something in her expression or because he tasted her emotions. "That you won't be the girlfriend of the chief clan? That we will have to go back to your house and be just normal people?"

She tilted her head looking at him and answered honestly "No. Where you are is where I should be. I know it!" The problem was that she also felt that he should be there, with the clan, leading them. Hyejin kissed his cheek sweetly and he smiled at her before leaving to stay beside his brother.

Hyejin watched them for a while until she heard someone calling her in a low voice. She turned to see Jonghyun semi-hiding behind a tree. The image was funny and she covered her lips hiding a grin before she went to him.

"You shouldn't be here! If people see you they won't be happy."

"I know and I'm not trying to create another war. I'm just curious about the end result. After all, I’m his sensei."

"Right."

"Are you okay?" Jonghyun asked, watching her carefully.

It was a blessing and a pain that every male in her life besides Minho could read her so well thanks to their Earth God powers.

"What do you think of Jinki?"

Jonghyun turned his gaze to her boyfriend and back to her "Are you having second thoughts or asking me if I'm interested in him? I know I've been friendly to him lately but…"

"No, I mean as a person. Not romantically, and no I have no doubts."

"He is…"Jonghyun inhaled deeply knowing that he could only be honest "He is a good person. If he wasn’t a tiger we probably would be friends."

"You can still be." She pointed out.

"He is honest and brave, selfless, and hardworking. He appears to be smart and witty also. Is that what you want me to say?"

"I know my own feelings and I love him more than anything and I feel like he could be the best leader his clan could ever have, even though he doubts himself and I wanted to know if I'm being biased because of how much I care for him."

"He is." Jonghyun answered simply "I've told him already. I believe that with him as a clan chief, we could do good things. He is a good leader, he just needs to believe in it and get an opportunity."

She raised her fists smiling. “I knew it!"

"But why are we discussing this?"

"Because...because…" She needed to do something to make it unnecessary for Taemin and Seo Ah to run away, she needed to help Taemin win that but she had no idea how.

“Hyejin," Jonghyun's stern voice made her look at him. "What the hell are you planning?"

Planning?! She wasn't sure what to do but she did need a plan and fast.

Biting her lower lip deep in thought she barely noticed when Jae Hui arrived. She looked at him in disdain until she spotted Dan Oh discreetly leaving. Hyejin was sure she would never miss that moment that was so important to her sister's future which meant that Dan Oh was up to something.

Hyejin had no plan but Seo Ah’s sister certainly did and she would help her no matter what.

"Stay here and don't tell Jinki."

"Tell what???!" Jonghyun watched helplessly while Hyejin quickly ran after Dan Oh. He looked back at Jinki but he was focused on what was being said between his brother and his opponent. He turned to go after Hyejin like a puppy but remembered how he shouldn't walk around tiger territory. It would only complicate things if he was caught.

"…."

"What 's wrong?" A fox-like girl with pale skin and pretty eyes dressed in a dark blue dress showed up out of nowhere next to him. He had seen her before but they never actually spoke. A handsome tall man was right behind her, the human who had driven him there, the same one who worked with Hyejin, Minho.

The woman looked at him with her deep big eyes which made him uneasy. It was as if she could see more, deeper into him.

"Haneul, you don't go to people you barely know like that." Her boyfriend warned her as if he was her guardian. He gently grabbed her arm and pulled her one step back so that she was at a proper comfortable distance from Jonghyun.

"Something is happening," Haneul explained as if it was obvious. Minho's eyes moved from her to Jonghyun. He clearly believed her words and was waiting for Jonghyun to say something. He swallowed and nodded. He had learned before that the weird woman was the granddaughter of the Tiger Clan Shaman and therefore had powers.

"Hyejin is up to do something. She followed the tiger woman…I mean…"

"Ah! " Haneul’s lips parted into a weird smile that made him have goosebumps. It was as if she was seeing something he wasn’t, something he didn't know, something that didn't happen yet. It was unsettling but just like Minho, he felt that she was the real thing. Haneul was filled with magic, she had a true gift, and besides she had Minho with her. They could do what he shouldn't and couldn't.

"You should follow and check on her."

Haneul nodded and grabbed Minho’s hand, dragging him with her.

"See you later, I'm sorry." Minho apologized while being pulled, waving a friendly hand at Jonghyun and he frowned.

After the way Haneul looked at him, and that smile, he felt as if he was in front of her. He wished he knew what it all meant, and what she had seen. He quivered, still a little freaked out. He had to ask her once he had some time alone with her but she was always with the human boyfriend of hers. Well, speaking with him wasn't bad either. The guy was annoying with his thirst for knowledge and certainly had a lot of energy, too much for him. He probably could have been a great idol with his looks and charms. His thoughts wandered until Jonghyun heard the announcement that the challenge was beginning.

Whatever Hyejin and the tiger woman were doing they needed to hurry up.

 

 

"Haneul where are we going?” Minho asked, trying not to trip on Haneul’s feet. She was determined, with no hesitation, knowing their destination, but she was much shorter than him and one step of his was two of hers. Hnaeul stopped in front of a house as if she was mesmerized and he came to a halt, placing his hands on her shoulders and looking at the house from over her head.

It was a pretty big house but he had no idea who lived there.

“What are we doing here?”

“We wait,” Haneul said simply and Minho frowned, observing the house. Nothing happened for a long time and he started to feel uneasy. They were losing precious time and Hyejin was nowhere in sight.

He squeezed his girlfriend’s shoulder needing more information from her but then something happened.

From an open window on the ground floor, a woman came out. Minho released Haneul, stepping forward to see who it was.

Dan Oh stood up cursing in a low voice. Right from behind her came Hyejin. She wasn't as gracious as Dan Oh and fell in an awkward angle hurting her foot.

She stumbled forward but Minho grabbed her before she fell on her face.

“What are you two doing?”

“Isn't it obvious?” Dan Oh answered, “This is Jae Hui’s house.”

“What?” Minho’s eyes doubled in size. “What are you even…”

“We were searching for incriminatory evidence,” Hyejin explained. “Dan Oh waited for him to leave the house and seized the moment.”

“Evidence? Of what?”

“Last night, while I was waiting for my sister to finish her meeting with Taemin and after I left Wolf Man,” Minho supposed that she meant Jonghyun “I saw Jae Hui with these two other guys. It was suspicious so I followed them.”

“That was extremely dangerous.” Minho scolded Dan Oh but she ignored him.

“Anyway I saw Jae Hui give them a package of blood and right then I knew it. We got him!”

Minho didn't understand how that would help in any way so Dan Oh explained further.

“I suspect that he is selling our blood reserves. We only use them in ceremonies or emergencies. It's not entirely acceptable to feed freely on humans nowadays and that blood belongs to the whole clan therefore what he is doing is…”

“Wrong,” Hyejin concluded. “And we must hurry! We need to stop the match!”

“So you came to search for evidence. That was actually smart. Dangerous but smart.”

Dan Oh’s and Hyejin’s expressions darkened and both looked at Minho disheartened.

“The problem is, we found nothing. No bag of blood. He probably stores it somewhere else.” Dan Oh explained “But we don't have much time anyway so we are just going to spill his secret and hope that an investigation is made.”

“And delay this stupid match.” Hyejin touched Dan Oh’s forearm “Let's go!”

Both the girls ran away and Minho crossed his arms in front of his chest watching them.

“Hopefully that will be enough to stop this madness. What do you think?” he turned but Haneul wasn't where he left her anymore. Minho’s neck moved from one side to the other searching for her until he spotted her, climbing swiftly through the window. He grabbed her hand just when she softly placed her feet inside the room.

“What are you doing?” He whispered, worried “Someone might see you.”

“No one is home besides the maids. I’ll be fine.”

“That's not…didn't you hear what they said? They found nothing!”

“They were searching for the wrong thing.” Haneul explained, “He wouldn't store blood here but he certainly stores records of his deals.”

“Are you sure?”

Haneul smiled sweetly, squeezing his hand “I don’t know where it is but I did see you giving the records to my uncle so I know I can find it and right on time.”

It was the first time Haneul clearly described one of her visions and Minho’s mouth hung open with surprise and admiration. Her powers were increasing quickly and with them her confidence. He loved her, even that extraordinary part of her that could be overwhelming and terrifying.

“I’ll help you.”

“No.” She pushed him back. “You stay there. I’ll come back quickly. There is still a chance that what I’ve seen won't happen so I must be fast. Trust me.”

“I’ll wait.” He didn't like it but he accepted her recommendation and stayed behind. She nodded and then disappeared inside the house. Minho groaned, peeking through the window.

Hopefully, Haneul’s vision would come through and they would be able to save Seo Ah.

 

 

Jinki frowned, checking the time on his wristwatch. Three minutes had passed already and Jae Hui was leading with two more points than Taemin.

He raised his eyes to his little brother who was attacking Jae Hui. Taemin aimed to strike Jae Hui’s head but he easily moved away making him hit his wrist instead, annulling a point for him.

“Damn it.” Jinki cursed under his breath and Taemin stepped back barely hiding his frustration too.

Jae Hui stepped forward swiftly hitting Taemin on his head despite him raising his sword.

The referees chosen for the game raised the flags giving Jae Hui more points.

“One minute left.” They announced. A small cry escaped Seo Ah's lips and the tension was unbearable. It was almost impossible for Taemin to win that match. He needed to score too many points in only one minute and not lose again. Taemin was better prepared after the training with Jonghyun but it wouldn’t be enough to succeed against a professional like Jae Hui. And he knew that, smirking maliciously at his adversary.

The referee signaled them to continue the match but Taemin had barely given one step when Dan Oh ran into the middle of the match raising her arms in the air.

“You must stop!” Hyejin followed her, stepping by her side and Jinki widened his eyes confused. What the hell were they doing?!

“What are you doing interrupting the game?” Kyou - Chul, Jae Hui's grandfather asked. “Get out of the way.”

“I call this match invalid.” Dan Oh declared pointing at Jae Hui “This man is a criminal!”

“What nonsense! Get out of the way this instant!” Kyou - Chul strode forward to try and pull Dan Oh away but Jinki’s father stepped in his way.

“Let's hear what she has to say first.”

“Jae Hui is stealing from the clan.”

The man in question laughed, taking his mask off.

“I knew you were crazy but I didn't think you were a liar.”

Dan Oh's eyes sparkled with anger and she raised a finger to Jae Hui “You are stealing blood from the clan and selling it.”

Some gasps and murmurs were coming from the audience and Jae Hui’s expression darkened.

“What nonsense!” Kyou - Chul shook his head, his face red. “My grandson would never do such a thing! We come from one of the most ancient traditional and respectable families!”

“Yet, your grandson did it.” Hyejin joined Dan Oh, ignoring the concerned expression Jinki had “He should be investigated.”

“Do you have proof?” Jae Hui asked.

“Yes, can you prove anything of this?” Jinki’s father inquired, “You can't make an accusation like this without proof.”

Hyejin could see in the Clan Chief's eyes that he really wanted them to prove that true, however, they had nothing besides what Dan Oh had seen, and she told everyone in detail what had happened the previous night.

“That's your word against mine and I say that this is only a frustrating try at stopping this duel because I'm winning.” Jae Hui chuckled, turning to the Clan Chief waiting for his decision.

Despite wanting to stop that match and accepting the accusation as true, Jinki’s father needed to be impartial so he gave the order to continue.

Dan Oh screamed accusations but was pulled out of the match area and before they carried Hyejin away too Jinki grabbed her arm and pulled her off from the middle of the match.

“Are you crazy?” He asked, pushing her to the side. She groaned desperately, eyeing Dan Oh that was still fighting.

“But it's true…”

“True or not, if we have nothing to prove it, it's useless.” Jinki groaned holding her arm as if he was scared she would try to go back and stop the match. “There is no…”

Jinki never ended his sentence because this time it was Haneul who stepped into the match area with Minho. The tall human stopped right in the middle looking like a fierce warrior prince and Jinki couldn't help but use his Earth God senses on him. Minho’s heart was beating fast but not because he was nervous, it was something tastier, a sense of justice and courage which made him admire his old rival and now friend. No wonder Hyejin had fallen for him. Minho had a nobility and strong heart that few possessed.

“This match can't carry on.” He said, raising a book in his hand.

“What the is wrong with you people?!” Jae Hui cursed frustrated “What lies are you…”

“This is a copy of the manuscript with the old code of the Tiger Clan.” Minho explained ignoring Jae Hui “I've been studying it for days and here it says that whenever a member of the clan breaks one of the lines of conduct they swore to during their initiation, he must be judged and punished.”

“So? I’m not…”

Once again Minho ignored Jae Hui “And while the member is being investigated and judged he will be temporarily isolated from all the clan activities which include duels, which therefore invalidates this present one.”

Jinki’s hold on Hyejin softened “I had no idea.” Jinki smiled now realizing why Minho had been hiding in the Shaman's library for the whole week. He also was trying to find a way to help. “Who knew that fanboy Minho would save us in the end.”

The murmur in the audience increased in intensity and Jinki’s father had to step forward to quiet it down.

“But the code also states that one should not be investigated if there isn't enough reason for it and we only have the words of a crazy one and a human!” Kyou - Chul spoke.

Minho smiled, extending his arm in Haneul’s direction and she stepped into the middle of the arena like a small wild fox. She pulled a small notebook from the pocket of her dress which made Jae Hui cry in anger and run toward her. However, before he reached Haneul, Taemin blocked him. She handed the notebook to Minho who raised it high, eyeing the venomous way Jae Hui stared at Haneul.

“In this notebook, you will find proof of the transactions Jae Hui is doing with some other members of the clan which should also be investigated. He is indeed stealing from the clan’s reserves of blood and selling them as food without the clan's consent.”

The chaos settles in the arena with everyone accusing Jae Hui, some incredulous others claiming that they always knew he wasn't a good apple. Jinki's father collected the notebook and leafed through it briefly. The Shaman peeked at the contents by his side and even before he spoke, the old man announced that an investigation would start, Jae Hui would be isolated from the clan and the match was null.

Jae Hui was fuming, pushing Taemin to try and reach Haneul as if that would change anything. She didn't move, eyeing him with a deep expression.

“You dirty half-blood!” Jae Hui spat out “I'm going to skin you alive.”

“Shut up!” Taemin was aided by Jinki and other members that were restraining Jae Hui in the middle of the confusion.

Minho stepped in front of Haneul blocking her vision of the vile man but the cursing and the way he was insulting Haneul could still be heard.

“Are you alright? Just ignore him.” Minho asked concerned, placing his hands over Haneul’s ears. She covered his hands with hers and nodded.

“It’s done. That’s what matters.” She smiled at Minho and he wrapped his arms protectively around her. Jae Hui's words hurt but she wasn't scared of him. When she looked into his eyes she only saw despair and death. His end would be a lonely one and she pitied him.

While Minho pulled her away in the direction of Hyejin and Jonghyun, Haneul looked back, her eyes fixed on Taemin who was approaching Seo Ah. She saw him hug her while she cried with relief.

Haneul smiled to herself knowing that fate was on the right track again.

 

 

“Didn't expect this at all.” Jinki laughed, running a hand through his hair “You are insane!”

“It was because Dan Oh is the best of spies. I did nothing.” Hyejin responded from beside him massaging her feet since she had hurt it when she had climbed off the window of Jae Hui's house.

“Minho too. You were brilliant!” Dan Oh pointed out.

“All the studying about the Tiger Clan was worth it!” Minho squeezed Haneul’s hand “But the real star was my girlfriend. She was the one who knew exactly what to find.”

She shrugged her shoulders cutely and everyone smiled relieved, even Jonghyun that was a few steps away from them feeling a bit like an outsider.

“Do you think this will be enough?” Hyejin asked, voicing out everyone's worries. The group was waiting for Taemin who had entered Seo Ah’s house to ask for her hand in marriage. “Your father seemed very pissed off.”

“Well, in the past few weeks, he saw Taemin ditch my sister, then she got engaged to Jae Hui, and then the duel, and now my sister's fiance is an outlaw, and I'm pretty sure he suspects my sister is not a anymore…”

“TMI…” Jonghyun coughed and Dan Oh smiled, turning her head to look at him.

“Hey Wolfman, what are you doing there in the shadows?”

He crossed his arms in front of his chest leaning against a tree and ignoring her.

“You can join us, we don't bite.”

Jonghyun’s lips parted to answer Dan Oh when Taemin and Seo Ah trailed out of the house in their direction. They were silently walking beside each other with solemn expressions.

“.” Dan Oh swore expecting bad news and even Jonghyun pushed himself away from the tree and closer to listen to what they had to say.

“Well, I tried…” Taemin looked at every one of them and then at Seo Ah “But…” he reached out to Seo Ah’s hand and they raised their hands together with a smile “I can't be away from this woman.”

“We are getting married!” Seo Ah announced joy coming out from each word.

“You idiots, you scared me!” Hyejin complained, raising a hand to her chest. Dan Oh squealed, jumping into her sisters' arms, Minho congratulated them, and Jonghyun and Haneul smiled relieved.

Jinki’s eyes met his brothers “I’m happy for you both…”

Taemin walked into Jinki and hugged him tightly. “Thank you.” he whispered into his brother's ear and Jinki closed his eyes, hugging him back.

A sense of solace filled him. Ever since Taemin came into the world Jinki knew that they would always be connected. He had fallen in love with the small cub who would follow him around, copying him. Taemin had been a spoiled kid, he was protected by his parents but also by Jinki. It was impossible to not shower him with love and care when he had always been so cute and lovely. But he had grown and was now a man.

The pressure to be perfect always haunted Jinki but surprisingly being Taemin’s example had filled him with pride. Knowing how little brother was now following his own path, his destiny filled Jinki with a sense of peace.

Now he could focus on his own path. He no longer felt the weight of being perfect in his father's eyes, to be the pillar in his brother's life. Taemin had found his north and Jinki had found his. It was time to step into who they wanted to be, where they wanted to be.

Hyejin’s eyes were filled with tears watching them and Jinki smiled remembering what she had told him earlier that day.

Where he was was where she belonged. Funny thing, he felt the same, and now he knew exactly where they were supposed to be. Together.


 

 

The wind ruffled the leaves of the tree making some fall over the woman standing under it. Her feet were bare and her eyes closed, the evening setting sun shining over her making her skin glow as if she was made of magic.

Hyejin was completely human and yet she had the power of enchanting Jinki in such a way that he stood a few feet away from her watching her for long minutes.

She was it, every cell of his body human or goodly told him so.

He stepped closer, silently like a tiger and yet she sensed him opening her eyes and turning to look at him.

“You came to pick me up.” She said, raising her eyes to the tree branches atop her. “I love this tree. I'm going to miss it.”

It had been a week since the night that made him certain, the night Taemin and Seo Ah announced their marriage. Like Taemin, Jinki wouldn't hesitate anymore.

They were back to their “human” lives and even though he hadn't planned it, that place under the tree of the palace she loved, near where they first had met was the perfect location to tell her what he had decided.

“I lived for a long time inside this place. “ She hugged herself “I was happy here, despite it all. I made friends, some rivals, and I met Minho.” She chuckled remembering her crush on him fondly “Things didn't end up like I thought they would but I gained so much more.” She smiled warmly at him. “And it's not like the palace is going anywhere. I can always visit.”

Minho had said the same thing some days ago. After a meeting with Jinki’s father, he finally left his work at the palace to work for his clan. Jinki smiled remembering how Minho went from an exciting fanboy while browsing the artifacts on his father’s study to a nervous mess when he had to speak to the man. They had surprisingly hit it off - the fact that Minho had saved Taemin had helped with that - and his human friend had gotten himself his dream job near his girlfriend.

“We met here too.” Jinki pointed out, memories of his stray cat days filling him.

“We did.” She stretched her arms barely reaching the leaves of a low branch of the ancient tree. “Maybe it's a magical tree.”

Jinki touched the wide tree truck “No. Just a very old one.”

“That in itself is magical. Imagine all it witnessed. The tears and laughter…maybe even other couples like us.”

Jinki leaned against the truck watching her, his expression contemplative and Hyejin’s arms fell by her sides.

“Something wrong?”

“Were you serious?” he asked, admiring the way her hair shined as if indeed magic was infusing it. “About what you said last week?”

“About what? I said a lot of things.”

“On the day of the duel, you said that you belonged where I was.”

“I said it before.” She shrugged, “I mean I just said I'm leaving this job.”

“It's not leaving a job, it's more than that.”

“Of course I'm serious.”

“More means leaving it all behind.”

“All?” She frowned cutely, eyeing him curiously “It's not like we are moving to another planet.”

“We are staying in the same city but things will be different and you already had a taste of it. Being the wife of the chief clan is worse than being the girlfriend of the son of the chief. It means that you can't have a normal job, or at least one that won't benefit the clan. Of course, you will find something to do that pleases you, you are good with people after all.”

Jinki blinked his eyes watching her. Hyejin had a silly smile on her lips and her cheeks were slightly pinkish. He tilted his head wondering what she was thinking.

“Wife…” She mumbled to herself and a chuckle escaped his lips. She had barely heard anything he said, still focused on the part of being married to him. She was perfect and he loved her so much to the point that try as he may he could never put down in words how much. When did that even happen?! When had a crush on a human woman who didn't love him back turned into that amazing warm fuzzy crazy feeling inside his chest?

“Yes.” he admitted “That night I realized something. This is it. This is where I want to be. You said you belonged where I was and I also belong where you are. I want it. I want to be the chief clan.”

“I know.” She beautifully smiled at him “I've always known. I saw it in you.”

“But more than that, I want you.” he drew away from the tree and raised a hand to caress her cheek. She looked at him in wonder while his thumb struck her cheek. “Nothing is totally worth it if you aren't by my side. You and me together, we can rule the clan, we can do everything if you stay by my side. I want to do this as long as you are with me, so if you tell me you aren't ready I'll wait, I'll withdraw. I want you above everything else. I want a family with you.”

Hyejin’s eyes widened and her hand grasped his.

He never intended to do it but he couldn't control his feelings or the way his body was acting, all of what she was feeling assaulted him. He knew how much she wanted that, how her biggest dream was always to have a place where she belonged, to have what was ripped from her - a family. He could give it to her and there was nothing he wanted more than it.

“I want it all.” his fingers moved down to the curve of her chin to her neck where he could feel her pulse, feel her heart beating as much as his. “I want everything, the lovemaking, the arguments and the make ups, the house, the cubs together, the growing old together… doing chores with you, well mostly alone…”

Hyejin chuckled, her eyes filling with tears. “Is this…?”

“Yes.” He joined his forehead with hers losing himself in her eyes “We should wait until after my brother's wedding, but yes it is exactly what you think it is.”

She sniffed, hitting his chest with a fist. “Of course, I want to be with you when you become the chief, and couldn't you have made it more romantic?”

“More than this?” he pulled away to point at the tree above them and the beautiful setting sun. “We are in a freaking palace under your favorite tree, the sun making everything as if it's made of gold…” he grinned “To be honest I didn't plan anything, I don't even have a ring yet. I intended to do it but wasn't sure when and then I saw you and you looked so beautiful that I couldn't wait any longer.” He his lips “Hyejin I didn't even want to get married until you came into my life. It's you or no one.”

Hyejin cried, covering her eyes cutely. “You are so good at saying the right words.”

Jinki wasn't sure about it but he knew every word was true. He was pouring his heart out to her like he always had. When it came to his feelings for her he could never hide anything “So, are you willing to leave your normal human life behind to follow me into this new adventure of being part of my clan? To have a family with me?”

Hyejin uncovered her teary eyes to look at him.

“It depends, is it going to be forever?” She tried to be cheeky and but he wondered if there wasn't a hint of insecurity there after being abandoned as a child and Jinki placed his hands on her shoulders watching her carefully.

“Of course, when a tiger chooses a mate it's forever, at least this tiger. Besides, I marked you, didn't I? You know I would never have done that if I didn't plan to be with you forever.”

She bit her lower lip satisfied “Are you going to be in charge of the dishes? I hate doing them!”

“As long as you let me taste you.” he raised one eyebrow seductively and she complained blushing deeply knowing exactly what he meant.

“Why do you have to be a ert?!”

“You like it as much as I do.” He pressed his lips to her cheek before looking deeply into her eyes “Will you marry me Hyejin?”

He knew her answer before the words left her lips. All of her was filled with the most intense of feelings, uncontrollable happiness, and love, so overwhelming that it filled him to the brim. He had no idea what he had done but that woman loved him despite all of his flaws and that was more powerful than any magic he had witnessed before.

“Yes!” She closed her eyes, her hands grasping his shirt, her body begging for his touch and he closed the distance, pulling her by her waist to him, memorizing how beautiful she looked in that moment so that he could keep that memory forever, to invoke when he lost his hope, his strength. Without knowing she had saved his stray self the day she offered his heart to him.

A few meters away from the tree the old gardener watched the couple kiss. Unknowingly to them, their demonstration of affection had released a chain of energy that flickered and danced around them and the tree, colorfully mixing with the glow of the sun as if a rainbow eloped them.

Luckily the visits had ended and no one besides the old man witnessed it.

“Seems like they found it.” the old man chuckled, remembering how long ago he told Hyejin how the “ghost” she searched was only a poor Earth God searching for a place to belong to. Despite her never realizing it back then, she was also a stray just searching for something until they found each other.

The old man admired the beautiful star-like glow that poured from the couple, now almost pearlescent blue since the sun barely touched it anymore, and then walked away to carry on with his work before the night settled in.

 

There was still much to be done.

 

14t81v9.jpg

 

Here we are, Taemin arc is done but before our couples ride into the sunset in true happy ending style we still have two more story lines to be explored. Which means we are 60%- 65% into the story. 

i'll give you a small spoiler, if I follow what I have planned, next we will focus on our favorite half tiger girl before we reach the big and the ending of this story. 

One more character is coming and I'm sure you can guess who.

One couple done, 3 more to go....(did I say 3? hum...XD) 

How cool was Minho? Super cool is the right answer.

Also, as a curiosity, the song used in this chapter is from the OST of the movie Stardust. It's a very cute fantasy sweet romance movie based on a book of the same name. Both are worth checking out. 

See you soon. ^^

As always, thank you.

Chat with me on twitter.