Chapter XXXI - More Pawer

Treat for Two

A.N: This chapter wasn't beta read.

This chapter has hot guys in funny situations.

 

= Chapter XXXI=

More Pawer 

 

I’m your sun that’ll shine through the rain

And I’ll be your coffee that gets you through your day, yeah

Let me know if you need me now

And I’ll be right there

Don’t you worry, no

Baby I’ll be good for you

Good for You - Eric Nam

 

Seo Ah raised her wet eyes to Taemin and once again he was reminded of all the reasons he loved her. That mad deal he did with Jae Hui was necessary. He had to do it for her and for him that could not live without her or knowing that she was miserable.

“I'm so sorry.” She repeated for the millionth time and he squeezed her hand moving closer on the bench until her sobbing body was leaning against his.

“It's alright, it's fine.” He said gently wrapping an arm around her.

“It's not fine!” Jinki disagreed and Hyejin elbowed his side. He grunted and frowned.”Dad is going to be mad!”

“Screw it!” his younger brother could barely take his enamored eyes from his ex-girlfriend. If they weren't in such a dire situation the fact that the good son had suddenly become the rebellious one would humor him.

“Screw it?” Jinki stepped out from beside Hyejin ignoring the way she was glaring at him “I'm sorry Seo Ah.” He quickly added, not unaware of her mood “I am also willing to help you out of this engagement but you agree with me that this situation is awful or you wouldn't be crying this much!”

“Jinki, please…” Hyejin grabbed his arm but he pulled it away.

“Jae Hui is double your size Taemin. He knows Taekwondo and he is known for winning every fight he is in. You are on the other side of the spectrum…”

“I never lost any fight!” Taemin corrected him.

“No, you haven't because you haven't been in any. You are no fighter! I'm sure I can kick your if I want and I am also no fighter!”

Taemin pressed his lips together, his cheeks red with anger yet he didn't try to argue what Jinki said.

“I'm so sorry.” Seo Ah apologized once again which only made Hyejin glare at Jinki. “I’ll talk to Jae Hui and apologize, maybe he will…”

“No!” Both Hyejin and Taemin spoke at the same time.

“Jinki?!” Hyejin grasped his arm and he groaned.

“Of course, I also don't want that! I'm just saying that we need to think of a solution.”

“I know you can help me.” Taemin said thankful and Jinki nodded resigned.

“I don't know how but I’ll do my best. Maybe tomorrow we can convince him to change the fight to something else.”

“Something else?” Hyejin hummed thinking.

Jinki shrugged, not sure what something else could be. It certainly needed to be something where Taemin actually had a chance of winning.

 

 

The tension between Taemin and Jae Hui hadn't ceased the next day. They kept staring at each other as if no one else was close by.

Seo Ah had insisted on being at their “meeting” which made total sense since she was the reason why they were doing that. Hyejin took that chance to accompany her since she was the only woman in the presence of men. Jinki’s father, who had scolded all of them for more than one hour until his wife had to stop him, also decided to accompany them. Seo Ah’s father was there too and Hyejin knew that Taemin had spent a long time speaking to him that morning.

Agreements like that had been common in the past when Tigers would duel over females but in the present day, it was almost ridiculous so Taemin’s father didn't want many people to know about it.

The Shaman was there as a witness and for both the parties to make their blood oath to stick to the rules of their duel.

Seo Ah listened to the men discuss the terms and Hyejin could feel her tense up by the minute.

“I think we should settle for a limit of time for the fight…” Jinki’s father suggested.

“No!” Kyou-Chul, Jae Hui’s grandfather shook his head “A fight until one is down.”

“That's ridiculous!” Jinki’s father contested.

"Ridiculous is your son trying to steal my grandson's fiance!"

“You are the one hitting the floor!” Taemin grumbled.

"And when I win I want you out of the clan!" Jae Hui stated.

"What, you can't possibly..." Jinki's father tried to reason with him.

"I'm the one losing more here. I'm the one who has to go through this after your son disrespected me!"

"Then when I win you leave!" Taemin crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"As if you will!" Jae Hui laughed.

"No one is leaving the clan!" The Shaman stated.

“I think…” Seo Ah spoke but no one seemed to listen to her, all men arguing and only the Shaman smiled gently at her. “I think…” She tried to speak louder and Hyejin cleared and stepped in the middle of the men.

“Seo Ah…” She raised her voice “Wants to speak!”

Kyou-Chul stared at her with disdain “Why is the human here?”

“Hey…” Jinki growled as a warning and Hyejin placed a hand on his forearm.

“This is not about me, it's about Seo Ah and she has something to say.”

Seo Ah blushed and nodded. “I-I think that a physical fight is not a good idea.”

“Right!” Hyejin agreed to take her side and Jinki frowned tilting his head. His girlfriend was looking at Seo Ah as if she was a little bird learning to sing.

“I think it's barbaric!”

“Yes….and…” Hyejin encouraged and Jinki frowned realizing that that morning when she had been talking with Seo Ah she had been teaching her what to say.

“And since it's a romantic and noble duel, " Jae Hui scoffed, "I thought that maybe we could do something more sporty, more dignified than a bloody fight.” she looked at Hyejin and smiled feeling more confident “I want you to have a kendo duel!”

“Kendo?” Jinki ran a hand through his hair but before he objected Jae Hui grinned and agreed.

"Kendo! What a marvelous idea!"

Hyejin's smile faded and unexpectedly her idea didn't seem like a good one at all. She had a bad feeling.

Jinki didn't look happy either. Nonetheless, they had won and while the men decided on the rules of the duel she stepped outside with Seo Ah.

“Kendo?” Jinki asked, following them.

“Yes. Seo Ah had the idea this morning. We were brainstorming and I listed all the sports Taemin could be good at and…”

“And Taemin won some Kendo tournaments.” Seo Ah added.

“Did he?” Jinki groaned.

"What 's wrong?”

“Jae Hui is amazing at Kendo.”

“Taemin is good too!” Seo Ah said proudly and Jinki shook his head.

“No he used to brag about it but…” Jinki didn't finish because Jae Hui came out with Kyou-Chul passing by them with a huge grin.

“I'll see you later…” he grabbed Seo Ah’s hand kissing it which made Taemin hiss at him and then bowed dramatically to Hyejin mocking her.

The Shaman stood beside them for a few seconds and shrugged “Well it's settled then, I shall go.”

When he left Jinki’s father sighed deeply looking from one of his sons to the other. “A duel…I thought that once you grew up my life would be easier but apparently, I was extremely wrong.”

Seo Ah’s dad laughed “Dan Oh is in even more trouble now than she was when she was little. “ he turned to his daughter “Shall we go?”

Seo Ah blushed looking at Taemin and he mouthed I'll see you later before she left. He watched her go with a foolish expression that only someone in love could do.

“Oh well, it's not like I haven't done crazy things for your mother either and Seo Ah is the perfect daughter-in-law.” He smiled at Taemin before his eyes set on Hyejin and he actually seemed worried that he might have offended her.

“It's fine!” It did hurt to know that she wasn't and would never be his favorite or even accepted but the fact that he still allowed her to be next to his son was already better than what she had expected. “I know I'm not the favorite.” She laughed awkwardly avoiding looking in Jinki’s direction.

“I--” Her father-in-law cleared his throat “I'm going to see if lunch is ready.” And he left.

“Well, this went better than expected!” Hyejin spoke, trying to act as if the last minutes didn't happen.

“Did it?” Jinki clapped the back of Taemin’s head and he looked at him betrayed.

“What the hell hyung?!”

“You lied to her about kendo, didn't you?”

Taemin swallowed and Hyejin widened her eyes. “Lied?”

“Yes! He didn't win any tournaments because he was terrible at it and Jae Hui is a freaking champion!”

She her lips and glared at Taemin who seemed to diminish in size between the couple.

“Why didn't you say anything? He is going to obliterate you!” She scolded.

“Because…a fight would be worse and it can't be that hard to pick it up again. Jinki can help!”

Jinki scoffed rolling his eyes “I wasn't as good as he is either and you know that and it's not like you can turn into a master in one week!”

Taemin bit his lower lip and unexpectedly Hyejin started to laugh. Both men looked at her confused but she simply couldn't stop. They looked hilarious, Jinki with a very stern expression scolding his younger brother that seemed closer to a small kitty who had tried to act like a Tiger until that moment.

“Hyejin this is no laughing matter!” Jinki scowled and she pressed her hand against , unable to stop.

“He…he is like a kid…being scolded…Oh god, we are screwed!”

Jinki chuckled and even Taemin smiled.

“I'm sorry.”

“We need to find someone to help you!”

“Train like Rocky!” Hyejin remarked, cleaning tears from her eyes.

“Who can help me?” Taemin asked “Maybe a champion. Do we even know anyone willing to help that is good at Kendo?”

Hyejin sniffed, her cheeks hot from laughing “Maybe we can contact a school, an old teacher.”

“No. I know someone.” Jinki whined, “Aish why Kendo and why is he good at it?!”

Hyejin blinked her eyes “Who are you talking about?”

He looked at her for a brief second with his lips pressed together and she immediately knew.

She hit her forehead “Of course! Jonghyun!”

“The wolf?” Taemin scrunched his nose, not convinced. “Dad would never…”

“It is not like we have another choice! Besides, we are kinda allies right now!”

“Are we?” Hyejin grinned at Jinki and he groaned looking away.

“Is he good?” Taemin asked.

“He is the best!” Hyejin answered “He even became the national champion! I know, I’ve read several magazines about him. He is famous for his singing, his looks and he also does charity work…”

“Ok enough!” Jinki grumpily exclaimed.

“But will he come here? This is still the enemy's territory!”

“I should call him! I'm sure if I ask him nicely and explain how important it is, he will accept!”

“No!” Jinki grabbed her phone from her hand knowing that Jonghyun would not bat an eye and would come as soon as Hyejin asked. But he didn't want him to do it for her or to make her feel like she owed him anything. He would hate it and would die of jealousy “I'll do it. This is a clan issue!”

She shrugged and Jinki turned to make the call. He closed his eyes trying to control his irritation. He really didn't want to ask Jonghyun. Doing it meant owning him a favor and he already owed him a lot from when he helped him with Taemin. Once again he was going to ask him for his brother. Jinki sent Taemin an upset look but the younger man ignored him because Hyejin was giving him a pep talk about how Jonghyun was a good guy and was going to help him become, in only one week, the best kendo fighter in whole South Korea…or maybe the tiger clan would suffice. Asking Jonghyun to come to their territory for one week was a huge thing and not only because of the reason behind it. It was the start of something bigger between their clans and it all started because of Hyejin. She probably didn't realize but the wolf clan had contacted them because of her and the only reason Jonghyun and Jinki had grown close - too close for his taste - was all because of her. She was already making a change in the clans for just being herself.

“Are you calling him or not?” She asked, turning to him, her hand reaching out to her phone which he quickly pulled out of her reach. “We are losing precious minutes here! We have a champion in the making!” She grinned at Taemin who tried to relax but looked even more nervous.

“I’m doing it!” Jinki took a deep breath and made the call.

 

 

“He is here!” Haneul announced before she ran to the gate looking more excited than Hyejin ever saw her. She stood there barely containing her glee and as soon as Minho approached the entrance she jumped to hug him, the impact of her body against his making him almost lose his balance.

“Cute!” Hyejin sighed looking at Jinki but he was still frowning which he had been doing for the last past hour and made Hyejin fear that he would get a lot of early wrinkles. When she first met him she saw Jinki as a clueless goofy guy but with time she had come to realize that he was way more than that and his protectiveness towards the ones he cared about was one of his most charming qualities.

Taemin that was sitting on the other side of the courtyard stood up to greet the guests with his brother, father, and the Shaman of the clan that stepped forward raising a hand for Jonghyun to grab. He greeted Jinki with a nod and smiled widely at Hyejin before bowing politely grabbing the offered hand.

“Welcome.” Jinki's father addressed him “I know it must have been a hard decision for you and your father but I can promise that as long as you are here you will be treated with the utmost respect.”

“I feel honored to be here and for your hospitality.” Jonghyun gestured towards the tall man all dressed in black behind him. “Even so my father, who treasures me too much, decided to send me with a bodyguard. I hope you don't mind.”

“No, not at all.” It was to be expected and it was even surprising how Jonghyun only brought one with him. He seemed extremely relaxed too, too much for someone who was on the enemy’s territory. Maybe that was the reason. For Jonghyun that clan wasn’t the enemy.

“Welcome Choi Minho and Kim Jonghyun!” The Shaman greeted both, ignoring the way Haneul stood wrapped on Minho’s arm barely taking her eyes from her boyfriend. “Thank you for guiding Mr. Kim to my house.”

“It was a pleasure.” Minho answered, clearing his throat feeling uncomfortable with the gazes of adoration Haneul was sending him.

“I’m certain I could find my way here alone but I can't deny that Minho was a good company during the drive here.” Jonghyun’s gaze moved to Haneul for a brief second and then away.

“Minho is my guest.” Jinki revealed. His previous conversation with his father about finding someone human to help them out was the reason behind it. If everything went well Minho would start working for the clan.

“I hope that while you stay here you don't go wandering around the neighborhood. It's not like it's a secret but for your safety…” Jinki’s father smiled apologetically and Jonghyun nodded.

“I understand. I have the best bodyguard of our clan though!” He said pointing at the tall men behind him that looked like a tower next to him. “Also I'm sure that it will be hard to hide my presence since your clan can probably sniff me for miles.” he laughed “I'll still be careful of course.”

“Just don't walk around, that’s enough.” Jinki stated.

“I’ll be quiet as a mouse.” Jonghyun grinned looking around until he saw Taemin who didn't say anything until then. “It seems like we always meet when you are in trouble.”

Taemin tensed up looking away and Jonghyun laughed about it “Ah don't worry! When I was young I was always in trouble. It only got better when I became a trainee."

“I prepared the room where Hyejin stayed before for you Mr. Kim.” The Shaman interrupted, “Do you want to come inside so we can drink some tea?”

“Perfect!” The singer grinned following after the older men and Minho inside. He passed by Jinki blinking one eye at him teasingly and stopped in front of Hyejin, his eyes filled with warmth.

“I missed you!” She blushed, panicking a little because everyone was watching the scene, including her jealous boyfriend and her father-in-law.

“I…It's nice to see you!” She stuttered uncomfortably and to her relief, he followed the others inside the house.

“I’m starting to think that maybe this wasn't a good idea.” Taemin whispered beside her.

“You think? It’s not like we had another choice.” Jinki groaned.

Hyejin wrapped her arms around them. “Be nice you two. We need his help!”


 

 

Jinki yawned and rubbed his neck letting his defenses fall for a few seconds. He met Jonghyun’s bodyguard gaze and quickly straightened himself.

His presence wasn’t needed while Jonghyun trained Taemin but he still made an effort to be around. If Jae Hui showed up to provoke Taemin, or worse Jonghyun, things would get ugly. Not that his presence our Mr. Tall as bodyguard would make a difference if things had to go south.

Looking as bored as Jinki the man blinked his eyes trying to focus and follow Taemin that passed by him running.

“Good, faster now!” Jonghyun screamed at him, checking the time on his phone. Before the training session with swords, he would make Taemin exercise, since his brother wasn’t on his best form.

Jinki crossed his arms watching, wondering if it wasn’t better to use that time to go for a jog also. Even though he would hate to exercise under Jonghyun’s training.

He yawned again wishing he was in bed instead, his eyelids dropping when he saw a flash of blue pass him, a familiar scent invaded his nostrils and it wasn’t the awful one of the wolves. He realized it was Hyejin and immediately blinked his eyes open.

What was she doing there? And worse why was she running after Taemin. Jinki groaned and jogged after, quickly catching up with her.

“What are you doing?”

“Becoming stronger!”

“Go Hyejin!” Jonghyun cheered her and she ran faster making Jinki work harder to keep up with her.

“What are you talking about?”

“I'm also…” She took a deep breath and by the way, he could hear her heart beating he knew she wouldn't endure that pace for long. ” Going to train with Taemin!"

“For what? You aren't going to fight in a duel. Or is there something I should know?”

She stared at him for a brief moment and then raised a hand to her chest and stopped, curving down to support her hands on her thighs “ my body has the age of an 80-year-old woman!”

Jinki chuckled which only made her glare at him.

“What is this Hyejin? Explain!”

“This…” She took a deep breath “This is your human girlfriend trying to be able to follow you in a run when things go wrong. It's me making an effort to be useful and not the useless human who needs to be protected by the alpha male Tiger all the time!”

“Oh!” he swallowed “Well I agree that it is useful to know how to defend yourself but…”

“Defend myself?” She placed her hands on her waist “Not only myself! I want to be useful to you too! I promised you that I would protect you didn't I? That was why I want to be serious about the link!”

“Yes.” He chewed the inside of his cheek knowing that he couldn't forbid her from training with Jonghyun but he didn't like it. Not only because she would spend an awfully long time with him and he was jealous, but also because he knew that even if she was the strongest human woman on Earth she still would never be able to face an Earth God or worst a creature from the darkness.

“Is that all you have to say?” She asked. “No words of advise and encouragement or scoldings?”

“Hyejin it's good that you want to be strong, more fit. Not that you aren't fit now…” he rubbed his neck “I just don't think that…”

“This is useless right?”

He his lips “You saw how hard it was for me to fight that Bulgae back then.”

She closed her eyes “I don't want to fight those creatures I just want to be more at your level, more useful!”

He couldn't help but feel that they had discussed that before.

“I'm so…” She closed her hands into fists “Frustrated! That day you run with Taemin and Dan Oh to help Seo Ah and I couldn't keep up with you!”

“Of course not, You are not half animal like us.”

“I'm not one of you!” she bitterly said. “I can never feel equal…”

“That’s true! I’m pretty sure you have a higher position in this relationship!” he said jokingly.

“What do you mean?”

“I’ll do anything for you.”

“Not everything.” She mumbled. “And I also can do anything for you!”

“Then I guess it's mutual and equal!”

She frowned.

“Can you do something for me then?” he caressed her arms. “Hyejin, let this go and go home. We can talk about this later.”

“You are manipulating me. Tricking me to give up on the training just as you still aren't serious about the link!!” She accused.

“I am, we practiced!”

She watched Taemin that had finished the running and was now doing push-ups. The idea of having to do that too seemed unpleasant to her yet she didn't move from her spot and instead looked at Jinki almost pleading.

“Is it that important to you?” There was a time when he had wanted so desperately to fit in her world, to be just a common human, and that feeling of not belonging only got worse when he met her. He knew what she was feeling. It was her time to be on his side of the world and even though he knew that nothing she did to fit in would make him love her more than he did already, he couldn’t help but yield to her.

“Yes!” She confessed.

“Alright. Let's work on the link seriously then!”

“What?” her eyes lit up as if he was offering a gift to her.

“I can use it to defend myself in a fight, right?”

“But you said it could be dangerous and…”

“Let's do it! Slowly to be sure it won't hurt you and practice it every night.”

She blushed realizing what that meant and he couldn't help but grin.

“I don't mean practicing it through only. There are other ways.”

“There are?”

“My father has a huge library talking about it.” he declared “It's a normal thing between tigers after all. There were cases of human-tiger markings before. All of them ended badly probably but it's information we could research. And since Minho is here he can help.”

She punched his arm “Why haven't you told me this before?!”

“Because I didn't want this to consume you!” he rolled his eyes “Hyejin, it takes time and can be dangerous and…I didn't think it would be important.” But it was to her, for her to feel as she belonged by his side.

“I can't believe you hid it for me!”

“I didn't hide anything. I thought it was obvious that we would have information about it.”

She grunted very unladylike and then smiled at him as if nothing had happened “Well then. It's a deal! I'm going to ask Minho for help! I think he is with Haneul.”

“Already?” he didn't expect them to start immediately.

“The faster we start the faster we progress!”

He wasn't sure about how far they would go with that but at least she stood a chance there.

Hyejin kissed his cheek and left with a spring on her step. He frowned confused, slowly dawning on him that in a way she had also played him, tricked him even. Did she do all that hoping that he would become more serious about training their link?!

He watched Jonghyun walk around an exhausted Taemin and pressed his lips together. Hyejin had used his jealousy against him, she had manipulated him to work hard on their link.

“, she knows me too well.” She definitely had the upper hand in their relationship.

Jonghyun’s bodyguard cleared his throat and Jinki sighed crossing his arms over his chest.

What could he do?! He was crazy about her. Besides as long as they were careful that wouldn't become a problem, right?


 

 

Jonghyun stepped out of the shower and stretched before grabbing one towel to dry his wet body. He blinked one eye at the gorgeous man in the mirror and checked his teeth that were as white and perfect as ever.

“Damn you are amazing!” he mumbled to himself “Well thank you, you too!”

He chuckled, threw the wet towel on the laundry basket, and grabbed a small one to clean his head. Rubbing his hair like a puppy he left the bathroom still .

“I also talk to myself sometimes.” someone said and he yelped jumping back, hitting the door of the bathroom hurting his bottom.

A woman was sitting on his bed, a Tiger one. He haven't seen her that morning when he arrived nor during the day while he trained Taemin.

“Who the hell are you?” he moved to call his bodyguard but she raised her hands placing them on his chest making him jump back again.

“Chill! I’m not here to kill you or...take advantage of you!”

“Y-you are already crossing the line you…woman…tiger!” he stuttered astonished.

“Well…” her eyes drifted down his body lingering on his crotch “It's a big line to cross, gotta say!”

“!” he cursed using the towel of his hair to cover himself. “What are you doing here?”

“Woman Tiger!” She rolled her eyes and turned to grab a piece of paper and a pen from the bed.

“I don't know your name!” he explained.

“Well Wolf Man,” She chuckled “I didn't introduce myself to you so, of course, you don't. Anyway, I know that this isn't the most…” She chewed her lower lip “proper way to ask you for a sign but there is this guy outside that looks like a rottweiler that didn't want to let me knock on your door so I had to find another way to do it. It's important.”

“Important? And the rottweiler is my bodyguard and of course, he wouldn't let a crazy woman like you…”

She interrupted him “Look, I'm a fan.”

“What?”

“I’m your fan for a while but my parents are very traditional and they don't let me go out much. Besides I never got a chance to go to a fansign. Do you realize how hard it is for an Earth God fangirl?”

He blinked his eyes “But I’m a wolf and…”

“So what?! We can listen to the same music can we not?”

He nodded slowly “You realize that invading my bedroom like this when I'm and…”

“I know it was not nice but I was desperate. Besides, I’m not traumatized. I might not have many experiences with men but I’ve seen things. Honestly not as impressive as yours but…”

“I'm not…” he closed his eyes pressing his temple with the hand that was not holding the towel covering his lower body “I'm not worried about you! That's not the point!” he growled.

She ignored his outburst and offered the paper to him.

He considered calling his bodyguard and throwing that infuriating woman outside but she looked at him with her dark eyes as if she had no doubt that he would sign it for her. Jonghyun had to admit that she had been brave entering his bedroom like that, and probably smart. Or his bodyguard was just useless. Either way, he grabbed the paper and signed it.

“Name?” he asked wanting to know who to address and she grinned.

“Tiger Woman!” She joked and he wrote it down, not caring at all.

He shoved the paper against her chest and she grasped it, smoothing the wrinkles in it as if it was precious. He watched her, taking that brief moment where she seemed to lower her attention on him to study her.

She was almost his height and was dressed in a large hoodie over track pants who didn't allow him to check her body out. Her hair was as dark as her eyes, middle length and straight and when she raised her face up to him he could still notice how she had pretty soft and attractive features, her lips being the highlight, with a heart shape, and she didn't look to seem much younger than him, maybe in her early twenties.

“Are we done here?” he asked, grabbing the handle of the door of his bedroom.

“I need help with something else!” She pointed at the door “Your pet outside! He is going to rip me to pieces when he finds out I'm here!”

He stared incredulously and after a deep sigh, he grabbed his bag and ped it.

“Going to hide me inside it and carry me outside? I won't fit there!”

He didn't even answer and instead pulled out a pair of boxers shorts, sweatpants, and a tee.

Jonghyun placed them over the bed and hesitated looking at her sideways. She was grinning watching every move of his.

“Can you turn around?”

“It's not like I haven't seen it yet!"

“Turn or I'm calling my bodyguard!”

“Right!” She turned around and he quickly started putting the clothes on.

“You should change your pet by the way!”

Jonghyun really didn't want any advice coming from her.

“It was extremely easy to distract him.” She carried on “Well to be honest I know the house better and was also pretty fast slipping inside the bedroom!”

Jonghyun wondered if she worked for the Shaman and that meant that he would see her more often. Maybe that week would be more painful than he had anticipated.

“I'm sure this is not the first time someone creps out on you.”

To the point that she caught him …

“It's my first time actually.”

“Oh, it's my first too!”

He blushed and yanked his pants up. They were talking as if that was something else and if they had some kind of relationship.

“I know I shouldn't have done this.”

“Really?!” he didn't even hide the sarcasm in his voice.

“I know it's a crime but I couldn't let this opportunity go to waste. Well, it's not like you will leave tomorrow but I wasn't sure if I would get a chance to approach you so I just--- it….risked it!”

“I'm done!” he announced and she twirled around checking him out before raising a thumb up.

“Pretty handsome even in a casual look!”

He opened the door and she squealed hiding behind it.

“Do you need anything, sir?"

Yes a new competent bodyguard that didn't let crazy tiger women inside his bedroom while he showered, he almost said. “I’m a little thirsty and I forgot to bring a bottle of water. Can you pick up one for me please?”

“Are you sure you will be alright by yourself, sir?”

Jonghyun’s gaze moved to the girl hiding behind the door while she covered , muffling a chuckle.

“I'm sure.”

“I'll be back in a few minutes.”

Jonghyun waited with the door open and then signaled with his eyes for her to leave.

“Thank you!” She whispered pressing the paper with his sign against her chest. “Just for the record, you are my favorite Wolf Man!”

She smiled brightly at him and then sneaked outside and run down the corridor. He watched her until she was out of his vision and closed the door.

Jonghyun had gone through the most awkward and even weirdest situations but that was surely something new.

The best bodyguard of the wolf clan…right!


 



 

“This will work out!” Hyejin turned to look at Jinki, her eyes shining with determination “I know it will! There were so many cases before ours too!”

“Yes, that ended badly with the human side always dying.”

”Not always…there was that case…” She squinted her eyes thinking “What was his name again?”

“Sung-Ki? The poor Nam Sung-ki?” Jinki chuckled because the name was a homophone and homograph for the word in their language.

“Doesn't matter the poor choice of his parents, he marked a human!”

“Yes, he did. He ran away from the clan tired of being mocked and ended up living with humans and marking one.”

“Which he did not for food.”

Jinki titled his head making a funny face.

“Ok, one of the reasons was to feed from her but he also had a relationship with her and people said that he was able to say when she called for him. Which is amazing!”

“Did she feel anything though?!”

Hyejin sighed disheartened and he felt guilty for killing her hopes like that. Jinki didn't want her to expect too much from that so that she wouldn't have a big disappointment later. If they managed to do anything out of that then it would be better than expected and no one would come out of it with broken expectations.

“We just need to practice a lot.” He added gently trying to comfort her “And that's my favorite part!”

“We should spend the nights at the special room.”

“You realize that it is not a hotel?”

“I know but it's a magical room and I will feel more comfortable there where we won't be interrupted or bothered or afraid that someone might eavesdrop on us.”

“I see.” he grinned.

“Also the books mentioned meditation not only and I think that the lake is a good place to do it. “ She pressed her lips together “And of course, the room makes us more…inspired when we have ual .”

“You mean …hot !” Hyejin jumped to cover his mouth and he tried to pull her hand off thinking that she was reacting to the word and his teasing but she gestured at him to shut up pulling him down behind some bushes. He groaned trying to see between the leaves what or who they were hiding from.

Jinki could see Taemin's profile, he seemed to be speaking to someone. He moved his hand on the leaves and Hyejin tried to stop him afraid they would hear but ended up allowing Jinki to do it because Taemin was busy…busy kissing Seo Ah.

“Why are we hiding?” he whispered wondering what the hell they were doing spying on his brother making out with his girlfriend, ex-girlfriend, girlfriend again? He wasn't even sure how to call her now.

“Because if they see us they will be embarrassed!”

He was sure Taemin and Seo Ah would be able to hear them or smell if they weren't busy, buried deep in the feelings they felt for each other.

Jinki grabbed Hyejin's hand wanting to pull her out of there but she didn't move.

“Do you think they are together?”

“They better be!” His brother was risking his life for her freedom after all, and she said she loved him.

“They look like the perfect couple!”

Jinki looked at his hand still holding Hyejin's for a few moments before he stared at her face. She was distracted but caught him looking.

“What?”

He knew how hard she was trying to fit in and he knew she was doing it all for them to be together.

“We are perfect too even though we aren't.” he didn't know how to explain to her but she smiled back at him completely understanding what he meant.

“We are!”

He squeezed her hand and captured her lips on his kissing her softly, letting that flicker that was always there when they touched, grow, and heat up until they felt it in their cores.

She gasped for air and he pulled back, his eyes dark with passion.

“Let's go…”

“Where?” She asked as if it mattered. She would follow him wherever he would go.

“Get the key to that room. I feel inspired!”

She smiled stealing a quick kiss from him.

 
14t81v9.jpg
Hi ~~ 
Next updates might take a longer time to be out since I haven't been writing much again. Work...T__T
 

As always, thank you.

Chat with me on twitter.