Chapter II - Catastrophic Catch

Treat for Two

= Chapter II =

 

 Catastrophic Catch 

"You know just what to say"

 

 

Jinki his lips, his eyes on her lips and then leaned down delivering a wet kiss to her forehead instead, just where her bruise was.

She didn’t move and Jinki saw the bump on her forehead lower in size. His healing powers were weak since he wasn’t properly eating like a God but the next day, thanks to that intervention of him, Hyejin wouldn’t have a big bruise.

He was still leaning over her when she opened her eyes.

He fell back on his because he wasn’t expecting it and she parted her lips to mumble some words before closing her eyes again.

“I’m a tiger.”

He blinked his eyes and carefully leaned over her to see if she was awake. She had her eyes closed again and he smelled her still keeping his distance.

She said she was a tiger, which made him smile, his eyes never moving away from her.

She had a calm expression and of course she couldn’t be a tiger, if she was a character out of a story, she would be a princess.

He raised his hand and slowly moved his fingers to her face as if she was a fragile artifact from the past like the ones she protected from him before. He poked her cheek softly and slide his fingers on her cheek.

It was soft, really soft and Jinki moved his hand away.

“No. You are not a tiger.” He said “I would know if you were. It would make things so much easier if you were.”

He wasn’t certain why he said that. It was ridiculous to wish that she was a part of his clan. Why would he even want that…?

A noise in the darkness behind him made Jinki turn around to face a new danger. Someone was coming in his direction and he had an idea who it was. Quickly Jinki closed his eyes and tried to master all the energy he still have left and turned back into a cat.

Normally he would have hide but he didn’t. Instead he stood beside her in the same spot until the person came closer, with a flashlight illuminating the way in front of him.

“Hyejin!” Minho screamed running to her. He didn’t even notice the cat and kneeled beside her, pulling her head up trying to make her come back to her senses. “Hyejin are you ok?” The man asked before he grabbed her wrist and checked her pulse.

Jinki waited patiently watching the scene and Minho nodded his head slightly confirming she had a pulse, which Jinki knew ages ago.

And then, to Jinki’s annoyance, Minho grabbed her in his arms bridal style.

Jinki stood up immediately and meowed just when Minho turned with her in his arms.

“Oh.” He seemed surprised to see a cat there but then Hyejin giggled and mumbled some words none could understand still with her eyes closed as if she was only sleeping.

Minho’s lips moved into a quick smile “You are so funny. Only you to faint in the middle of the night and then speak while you are unconscious.”

He turned with her forgetting about Jinki but he ran after them.

Minho seemed to sense that he was being followed because he kept looking over his shoulder at the weird white and gray cat with brown shining eyes that kept following him.

“Are you following us?” Minho asked after a while not stopping. Jinki glared at him in a way that made Minho uncomfortable. Normally he was good with cats and that one was following him but he didn’t seem that friendly at all.

“I don’t have food for you! “ Minho added “Are you hungry? Is that it?”

The cat didn’t answer of course and Minho fastened his pace which made the cat jump to his side, his eyes on him while they walked side by side as if they were equal.

“You look like a dog.” Minho chuckled “Wait do you know Hyejin? Or maybe you protected her when she fainted.”

Jinki moved his head. Both deductions were right. Minho was smart after all.

They reached a car in the parking lot that was mostly empty and Minho opened the passenger seat’s door with difficulty and placed Hyejin inside. Jinki waited patiently raising his head to try and see what Minho was doing, which was hard since he was small now.

Minho fastened her seatbelt and then stepped back almost stepping on the cat that once again seemed to glare at him.

“So…little fellow…this is where we say goodbyes.” Minho laughed and Jinki could understand a little bit why everyone seemed to admire him so much. The man was too nice for his own good, even towards a cat. “It was a pleasure meeting you.” Minho patted Jinki’s head and then walked around the car.

Jinki followed after him and once Minho opened the door Jinki jumped to the driver’s seat and climbed over Hyejin’s lap sitting over her legs his provoking eyes on Minho.

“Hey…wait you can’t come with us.” Minho didn’t even know what to say so he tried to pick up the cat but he hissed at him showing him his teeth in such a scary way that Minho wondered if that was truly a normal cat. It gave a very impressive aura more like a big animal, a tiger or lion.

“Wait. You were sitting beside her, you followed us and now you are sitting over her as if she is yours. I get it!” Jinki widened his cat eyes. Maybe Minho was smarter than he thought “You are her cat!”

Maybe not.

It was better that way anyway.

Jinki lay over Hyejin’s lap and curled into a ball of fur claiming her as a bed.

Minho chuckled happily with his deduction. “I see! Ok let’s take you both home!”

He sat on his seat and closed the door. Minho was fastening his seatbelt when he spoke again “Hyejin you are full of surprises. You took a cat with you to catch a ghost.” Minho the engine and sent the cat a last look before he raised his eyes to Hyejin.

“I didn’t even know you liked animals, especially cats. I love cats!” He moved his hand to brush her hair away from her eyes and Jinki watched the scene with big gold eyes.

“It makes sense now. He was protecting you. Cute!”

Minho once again patted Jinki’s head, called him adorable, which seemed to make the cat frown at him and then left the parking spot.

Jinki wasn’t sure about what he was doing. At first he was just curious about her and now he was protecting her from someone that clearly didn’t want to hurt her.

Yet he didn’t move and laid his head over Hyejin’s lap again, his gaze on Minho while he drove.

He was never someone’s cat for long. It annoyed him how people would give him cute names and treat him as if he was a baby, besides he wasn’t an animal. He wasn’t supposed to be in cat form for long, not even in a tiger form. His clan only would transform into a tiger on special occasions or when they had to hunt. But in big cities they would be cats since it wasn’t a good idea to go out looking like a tiger in plain Seoul.

For that reason, being in a cat form for long was draining too much of his God energy. He was tired most of the time and he certainly needed to stop being a pet. Yes sometimes it was fun to make a kid happy, make small cat cute stunts for the kids, but he truly needed to spend more time as a human.

However being her cat, seeing her every day, spending time with her, didn’t seem like a bad idea.

 

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

 

Hyejin woke up with the sound of something hitting the window and she opened her eyes and realized that her head was what bumped against the window. She moved in her seat and froze when she realized she had no idea where she was and that Minho was beside her driving.

“Did you wake up finally?” Minho asked with a warm smile.

“What happened?” Hyejin cried noticing for the first time that there was a cat lying on her lap. She thought it was a warm blanket, apparently it wasn’t.

It was the cat she met at the palace before, but why was it on her lap and looking at her with warm eyes.

“I found you unconscious on the ground and I’m driving you home. I checked your pulse and besides a little bump on your head you seem fine. I think you went against a tree.”

She touched her forehead softly and flinched. She didn’t have much memory of what happened but it was slowly coming back to her.

Blue eyes.

Pale skin under the moonlight.

A body of a man but the eyes of something supernatural.

“I can take you to a hospital if you want, instead. Due to the darkness you probably didn’t saw where you were going and…”

“I saw the ghost. “ She interrupted Minho.

“What?” he chuckled not believing her.

“I definitely saw it. Didn’t you see anything?”

“No. You were alone when I found you. Well besides the cat.”

Hyejin barely looked at the cat and instead she rubbed her forehead where she hit the tree. It was inflicting her pain but was helping her remember “It was big and pale, definitely dead. And had big blue eyes. It was so horrible!” She covered in a very theatrical way and the cat complained with a long meow.

It wasn’t like that at all and Jinki was offended but sadly humans didn’t understand the cat language.

Hyejin searched her pockets and found her phone. She opened her application with the mirror function and looked at her forehead.

It didn’t look as awful as she thought it would which was a weird luck. She peeked at Minho. Why did he have to find her like that?! She probably looked like a loser lying on the ground with a big bump in her forehead.

“I hit it so hard. Why is it so small though?”

“Maybe you have strong healing powers. “ Minho suggested.

“Maybe.” She poked the bruise again and then placed her phone in her pocket. “But how did I end up here?”

“In the car you mean?” Minho his lips “I carried you.”

HOLY !

Choi Minho, the only prince Seoul still had, carried her.

Her pulse accelerated, her body became warm and Jinki got to absorb some of that delicious energy even though he didn’t want it at all.

He didn’t like it.

Positive energies like passion, love, happiness and others were delicious, he couldn’t deny it but right now, her heart fluttering and giving him cotton candy energy wasn’t what he wanted.

Hyejin even had her cheeks slightly pink and Jinki couldn’t bare it anymore so he bit her hand. Cats give love bites all the time, however that one in particular made her complain.

Maybe he used too much strength after all.

“Ouch! Why did you do that?!” she asked the cat rubbing her finger.

“Did your cat bit you? Maybe he is scared. He was beside you all the time, protecting you.”

“What? My cat?” She never had a cat. Actually she never had any pet and even if she did she would certainly get a dog, a very big one that would scare annoying people away.

“Wait! He isn’t your cat?” Minho glanced at her “He was with you so I thought…”

She was speechless not knowing what to say. Was it possible that a cat she barely knew would actually protect her?! Maybe he was waiting for her to wake up and give him bread like last time. That would explain following her and biting her.

“I don’t have bread with me.”

Both Minho and Jinki gave her a funny look wondering what she meant.

“Well…” Minho caressed the cat’s head again “He is so cute and lovely. I love cats so I was pleasantly surprised when I thought you had one.”

WAIT!

Her brain made all the needed connections fast.

Minho likes cats. Guys like girls with common interests. Hyejin likes Minho.

“But he is!” She corrected immediately “I adopted him! He was lost inside the palace!” She laughed a little bit fakely and Jinki raised his ears eyeing her suspiciously.

Was he being adopted by her? Was he her pet now?! Oh that would be fun!

“I forgot!” Hyejin grinned “I forgot momentarily probably because of the hit.”

“Oh you did a good thing. He is really cute. Certainly an adult. It’s a big cat.”

Jinki raised his head proudly. Of course he was big and cute but he was also dangerous if he wanted to.

“What name did you give it?”

Hyejin didn’t know what to answer and she didn’t have an idea of what kind of names Minho liked for cats. Was he the type to give cute names or more manly ones?! Was the cat a female or a male anyway…?

Hyejin looked at the cat thinking “I really haven’t thought about a name.”

“What name have you been calling him until now then?” Minho asked amused.

“Cat…” she answered in a tiny voice and Minho laughed heartily.

“You are so innocent Hyejin. Cute!” He rubbed his chin thinking “Hum, maybe Cuddles?”

”I like that one!”

Jinki’s fur rose almost immediately and he hissed at Minho which made him turn the wheel involuntary.

“Wow that scared me!” Minho laughed awkwardly while Hyejin grabbed the seat under her. “I guess he doesn’t like it!”

“Yes, I guess he doesn’t.”

He wasn’t the only one. She didn’t too but agreed with Minho to make him happy.

“Maybe I should choose the name another time.”

“He is such a smart cat.”

Hyejin raised her fingers hesitantly, the gold brownish eyes of the cat watching her every move and slowly turning warmer as if he was telling her that it was safe.

She touched its head making the cat close his eyes and run her fingers on his fuzzy fur. He was like a freaking soft toy and she actually liked the sensation.

She ran her hand down its back and over the several grey stripes. It was a really beautiful cat.

A sudden weird movement of his body made her take her hand away.

“It’s purring.” Minho explained “He must truly like you.”

Hyejin caressed the cat again a small smile leaving her lips.

Maybe she could get used to have a cat like that around. He could keep her company when she felt lonely.

But her landlord wouldn’t be happy and she couldn’t risk being kicked out.

Besides she was never lonely.

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

“Want me to accompany you inside?”

“NO!” Hyejin almost screamed tripping on the cat at her feet that kept rubbing himself on her legs and peeking at Minho with a cold glare from the middle of her legs. “I mean…” she leaned against the door of her apartment biting her lower lip and feeling regretful now.

She should have tidied up her place before she left to work that morning.

Now Minho would be able to enter her apartment and they could actually kiss or something more heated.

However she decided to be lazy. It wasn’t as if she would guess that he would come to leave her home…or carry her to his car.

Hyejin melted a little bit and the cat nuzzled its head against her leg as if he was impatient to go home.

“I did a lot of laundry this morning and it’s all over my bed so it’s a little messy.”

“Oh I’m sure it’s nothing.”

“It is…” It surely was. “I’m sorry I can’t thank you by inviting you in but maybe I could do something for you…” she blushed to the tip of her ears and moved her legs trying to push the cat away. Why was the ball of fur being so annoying?! “By something I mean some kind of favor…”

Like hugging you or a kiss or love you for all eternity…

She left her thoughts unspoken.

“Ok. It’s decided then.” He raised his hand and Hyejin blinked her eyes confused, melting against the door of her apartment because he touched the bump on her head. “Put some ice on it and take care of yourself. If you don’t feel well call me.”

Call him….

“Give me your phone. I’ll put my number in for you.” He waited patiently but Hyejin was frozen looking at him. “Hyejin?”

“Sorry…” she quickly took her phone out and unlocked it giving it to him. She just died a little bit inside and her eyes couldn’t move from the man in front of her.

Choi Minho couldn’t be real. He was too perfect, handsome, tall, smart…The cat meowed but she didn’t even notice.

“Here.” Hyejin grabbed her phone and Minho took a step back.

“Sleep well.”

It was a sweet polite goodbye and yet Hyejin was certain her heart stopped for a minute.

“You too!” she screamed from her doorway feeling like an idiot since it was too late, but Minho turned to smile at her and then walked faster to his car parked at the end of the street.

Hyejin inserted the code of her door, under the cats’ supervision and she entered her dark apartment using the flashlight of her phone to see the switch to turn on the lights.

She was in such a daze that she locked her door without even checking if the cat entered.

However Jinki wasn’t a normal cat and he was fast to enter her apartment.

While she leaned against the door and slide to the floor in a puddle of fuzziness Jinki scanned his new home.

The vision that awaited him was extremely scary.

 

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

Hyejin placed a bowl with water beside the one where she poured a full can of tuna that was still untouched.

“I’m sorry that I don’t have cat food. I have no idea what cats like but they like tuna right?”

Jinki approached the two bowls and his whiskers moved while he smelled the bowls. They were clean, unlike 70% of her apartment.

He moved his eyes around the room. It was a small apartment, with a tiny living room that was also a kitchen, a very tiny bathroom with a shower and then another small bedroom where only her bed and an old closet fitted. The table in the living room was filled with books and things related to work and Jinki realized that Hyejin probably studied a lot to impress at work; her kitchen counter had too many dirty dishes that covered everything and he wondered where she used to cook; her bedroom had a lot of dirty clothes on the floor. He didn’t even dare to enter the bathroom yet.  No wonder she didn’t let Mr. Perfect Choi Minho enter.

The cat smelled the tuna and frowned. He really wanted chicken.

“Don’t get used to this.” Hyejin said pulling the covers of her bed down and taking off her earrings. “I’m going to find you a place to stay. I can’t have a pet.” She took off her socks “My landlord is allergic to fur.” That she threw on the floor over the big pile of clothes in the corner, probably the laundry to do “He already hates me for no reason.”

Jinki gave up and started eating the tuna. It wasn’t as if he could say no to food.

“What the hell am I doing?” She mumbled to herself making Jinki look at her while he ate “You are only a cat!” She pulled her sweater up her head and Jinki almost choked on his food and looked away, hiding his snout in the bowl.

Yes, he often saw women get , was it in his cat or human form. He was no saint but for whatever reason Hyejin was different. He felt as if he was disrespecting her if he watched her get . And she was precious, her name said so.

He could see from the corner of his eyes while she moved around the bedroom taking off her clothes and dressing up her pajamas.

His heart was beating so fast and this time it wasn’t because of how delicious chicken was.

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

Jinki raised his small cat ears and listened.

Her breathing was steady, she didn’t move for a while now and besides the small lamp beside her bed, that looked like a full moon, all the lights were turned off.

He jumped on the bed and was immediately hit by her leg under the covers that tried to push him from the bed and into the floor.

“DOWN!” Hyejin screamed making him jump down just when she the other light.

“What are you doing?” She sat on the bed and Jinki sat on the floor over one of her sweaters, trying to avoid something beside it that look a lot like a bra. Hyejin frowned fiercely at him and then turned the lamp off again.

She turned around in the bed but didn’t turn the moon lamp off and Jinki looked at it pensively. It looked a lot like a kid’s night light. Was she scared of the dark? That would explain how she freaked out earlier in the palace’s garden.

His cat lips moved and he grinned. Could she be even cuter? He didn’t mind the darkness. He lived in it most of his life as a cat and even human.

He tried to jump on the bed again, this time more silently but she made a noise with her tongue so he froze immediately.

“Listen cat!” She turned in the bed and looked at him quietly for a while “You have big shining eyes…”

Was that a compliment? Jinki tilted his head. He wasn’t the only one who looked beautiful under the light of the artificial moon beside her bed. She did too.

“Cat, I told you.” She brushed her hair away from her cheek “I’m not your owner. You are cute and everything but I can’t have a pet. I don’t need a pet, ok?” He wasn’t that sure about that. She surely needed some help, at least to clean that house. “And don’t you dare pee here! If you want to pee, then…” she rubbed her hair thinking “Pee in the plant in the corner! It’s dead anyway!”

Jinki moved his lips up disgusted and glanced at the poor dead plant.

No way would he pee there. She had a bathroom after all; one that he already entered to check and surprisingly was clean enough, which didn’t fit the rest of the apartment. Maybe she had some standards.

Besides no way would he pee in front of her and he wasn’t going to sleep on the floor.

“Go sleep there.” She yawned pointing at the small old pillow she placed under the window.

Jinki frowned because he tried laying on it already but besides being cold it didn’t smell good like her bed did or all of her did.

She was warmer and smelled nice. He wanted to sleep beside her.

She cleared and closed her eyes. He sat watching her for long minutes, he didn’t even know how many but as soon as he was sure that she fell asleep he climbed on the bed again and curled at her feet watching the fake moon shining over her.

It was calm, the silence, her warmness coming from inside the covers, her rhythmic breathing.

Maybe he could get used to that.

He let himself fall into a soft slumber, small memories from the past coming to him many of them involving the stories his mother used to tell him about how the moon and the sun were created and the many secrets they hid; the rabbit on the moon or the beautiful princess that came from the moon to Earth.

Hyejin moved in her sleep, half her profile illuminated by the moon, and Jinki blinked his eyes slowly.

The princess in the moon…

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

Jinki woke up with a loud thud and he quickly stood up over the bed and saw Hyejin, which had fall on the floor sit up.

Luckily the amount of clothes softened her fall.

“I’m so late!” She cried “why didn’t this stupid thing work?! “

Hyejin threw the alarm to the other side of the bedroom and stood up from the floor grabbing her uniform that was hanged by the door.

Once again Jinki left her alone and walked to the living room where he stretched lazily like a cat opening his mouth. He still felt sleepy so he was probably going to nap later.

Hyejin passed by him almost tripping and ran to the bathroom still zipping her skirt.

He scratched his ear with his paw and looked at it after. He truly hoped he didn’t catch any fleas. He was going to shower as soon as she left.  

She came out almost immediately and opened her fridge.

Food! He happily ran to her smelling the air but she completely ignored him and grabbed a bottle of banana milk drinking it quickly.

His happiness died almost immediately.

“You still have tuna to eat!” she said throwing the empty bottle in the trash can. “Besides you didn’t respect the house rules!” She scolded him “You flea smuggler! You slept in my bed!”

He stared at her dangerously, insulted.

“Ok just stay here!” She grabbed her bag and turned to him before crossing the door “Don’t ruin anything. If you do I’ll cut your nails! I swear I will!”

She probably felt bad after saying that because she bit her lower lip and her voice softened “I’ll find you a place to stay today. A nice home, maybe with kids to play with you. I’ll come back later! Bye!”

Hyejin closed the door and Jinki waited counting slowly until twenty while he did.

Then he turned back into a human, a very human that was sitting in the middle of her living room.

He looked around him; he couldn’t live for long in an unkempt place like that. There was a lot of dishes to wash and laundry to do. He could start there and take care of the rest another time.

He sighed.

Being Hyejin’s pet was a hard task.

 

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

“So what happened yesterday?”  Jiwoo asked sitting beside Hyejin in the garden bench.

They were in the middle of their break and finally Hyejin was able to tell her everything.

“I swear I saw it. It was horrifying!” Hyejin repeated the description of the ghost she gave to Minho the previous night. “Look at my head! This is where I hit my head thanks to being so scared!”

Jiwoo nodded her head in fear and touched Hyejin’s forehead. “It’s so small though.”

“Weird…it was a big bump.” Hyejin mumbled “I’m not sure what I saw but that ghost story might be true after all!”

Someone burst into laughter and both women looked back. The old gardener was walking away carrying a bucket with his tools in it.

The girls ignored his reaction and Jiwoo linked her arm with her unnie. “And that’s when Choi Minho took you home?”

“Yes!” Hyejin smiled so much that her cheeks hurt “He carried me in his arms to the car!”

Both girls fangirled and Hyejin spoke again “He drove me home and he wanted to come in but of course I didn’t let him. I played hard to get!”

“Like a professional!”

“Yes!” Hyejin rubbed her thighs. She would have given in so easily though, if her place was clean “I’m the queen of dating after all!” She brushed imaginary dust from her skirt “I even adopted a cat to please Minho since he loves cats!”

“WOW! So smart! He truly does love them. He watches cat’s videos all the time!”

Hyejin blinked her eyes a little disappointed with herself. Why didn’t she know that he liked cats when everyone seemed to know?!

“By the way.” Hyejin tried not to think much about it “I can’t have the cat for long. Do you know of anyone that can adopt him? He is cute and very smart.”

“My fiancé’s sister always wanted to have one.”

“Please ask her! Please!”

She truly couldn’t keep it. Her landlord would kick her out for sure.

“I will! Don’t worry unnie!” Jiwoo stood up “I need to call my fiancé now. It’s our 500 days birthday!”

Hyejin normally would be jealous of things like that. She was always the unlucky one with no boyfriend, even though she went to so many blind dates. However this time she was worried with other things.

She truly needed to buy cat food on her way home. The cat barely ate any of the tuna she placed in his bowl the previous night.

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

Hyejin was in the middle of her work, explaining to a group of tourists from several countries what the building behind her was used for when Jinki joined the group pretending to be interested in the architecture instead of her.

He was too obvious though slowly approaching the place where she was standing and once she ended the tour around the palace he planted himself by her side.

She observed him crossing her arms over her chest.

This time he didn’t look like a beggar. His sweater was still big on him, as if it didn’t belong to him and to someone fatter. It was a little similar to one her landlord had too..

“I have a question to ask of you!”

His voice distracted her from her thoughts. ”Question? About the palace?”

“Chicken and beer or wine and steak?”

Hyejin blinked her eyes confused with his question “What?”

“Choose between the two!”

“First option!”

He grinned and raised his thumb up in front of her eyes. He had a really beautiful smile, like a boy and yet very handsome and manly “Good choice! See you at six!”

He walked away and she followed after him trying to understand what just happened “What do you mean? What happens at six?”

“Date!” He answered cutely as if she just offered the sun to him. No, wrong, he was the sun!

“What?! Who said we have a date?”

He pouted blinking his eyes cutely “You just said so!”

“You made me a question and I answered it. Only that! I’m not going on a date with you…ever!” Ok maybe she was too mean to him but Hyejin didn’t waver and walked away, completely missing the confused expression on Jinki’s face.

In all the years since he become a grown up tiger and man he never found someone that truly didn’t want to go out with him or at least befriend him.

He was smart, rich (she didn’t know that though), sweet, handsome and y. He often only needed to ask a woman on a date and smile at her to make her say yes. It was enough and sometimes he even scored on the first date. Apparently he was too irresistible to some women. Weirdly his seducing techniques weren’t working on her. He rubbed his ear.

He only wanted to talk with Hyejin and get to know her better, he didn’t even mind if it didn’t end in .

 

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

“HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!” Hyejin screamed letting her plastic bag fall on the floor, on the clean sparkling floor.  “WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?”

Her screams woke up the cat that stood up from her bed and came to her and rubbed himself on her leg purring slightly.

Welcome home, Jinki thought to himself trying to play the message for her with his eyes, I cleaned a little but what do you think?

Hyejin gawking eyes moved from the kitchen that had no dishes to wash anymore to her bed that had a pile of washed clothes on top of it, just beside the place the cat was sleeping.

She turned around and peeked from her open door outside, at her landlord, the only person who had a key to her house and was sitting at his door smoking.

“Mr. Landlord…did you clean my room?”

“What?” Jinki heard him laugh “As if!”

Hyejin closed the door of her apartment and grabbed her bag from the floor placing it over the table beside her books. “Damn…this is impossible. Who would do this then?!” She tilted her head in thought trying to find an explanation for it. Her eyes fell on the cat that was looking at her with an innocent expression, its tail moving slowly.

A stupid thought crossed her mind. “Nooooo” She laughed at her own stupidity “Not possible!” Cats don’t clean houses!

“Maybe I did it!” She said finding one conclusion, one that made more sense than the first one “Yes that’s it! I cleaned during the night and this morning I didn’t notice it! Aigo I’m working too much. I’m even sleepwalking now!” She opened the plastic bag and took a small can of cat food from it and showed it to Jinki.

“I have food for you!” She opened the can cheerfully and threw the food in his bowl. However the cat didn’t move at all.

Jinki hated cat food. He wasn’t a cat after all; he was a tiger and a human.

She waited for him to eat and even slide the bowl closer to him but the cat looked away clearly disgusted with that food and she read the label of the can disappointed.

Heyjin sighed “What now? It’s food made for cats and you are a cat. Why aren’t you eating?”

Jinki sniffed the air and then approached the plastic bag and smelled it.

Hyejin took the box with chicken that she bought for her dinner out and opened it.

Jinki meowed happily and sat with big sweet eyes of hope in front of her.

“You like chicken?”

Hell yeah he did!

She placed a piece of chicken beside his food in the bowl and he immediately jumped in to eat it.

“Wow you do like it!”

She placed her hand on his back and run her fingers on the fluffy fur “Eat well!”

She caressed him a few times supervising him while he ate, giving him more of her dinner. “I found you an owner I think. It will take a few more days so be patient!”

Jinki glanced at her not happy but purred slightly because he loved her caresses and he had chicken to eat. What more can a cats like him want?!

“Don’t get too attached!” She repeated and he wondered if she was saying that to him or herself.

He moved away from the food and instead rubbed his back on her leg and she moved her hand to his head and caressed it and down to his neck which made him close his eyes and stop moving.

“You like this!”

He meowed making her laugh.

It was the first time he heard her truly laugh about something honestly even though it was short and he wondered if he could make her do it longer, if he could make her cry of laughing too much. He wanted to try someday.

“Is that a yes?” Hyejin asked with a soft smile on her lips. Jinki blinked his eyes admiring her. “You are cute.”

No she was the one who was cute.

He rubbed his head on her hand demanding more caresses and that’s when she stood up abruptly as if she remembered something “Just eat… flea smuggler!” She insulted turning away and Jinki blinked his eyes confused and hurt.

She was the one that didn’t want to get attached and he wondered why.

He was going to follow after her and keep doing his sad cat eyes that he practiced for hours in the mirror but instead he had to cover his eyes and look away. She was once again undressing in front of him.

Luckily she slept in pajamas or he would go insane.

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

Hyejin tried to ignore Jinki’s presence but it was hard to when he was part of her tour group at work.  He came every day for the last three days and tried to invite her out in a date with no success.

“After settling a meeting, the Queen would cross this side of the bridge in the direction of the pavilion accompanied by her maids that covered her with an umbrella and the king would come…”

She was in the middle of explaining how the King and the Queen had meetings in the small pavilion in the middle of the lake every time they came to spend time at the palace, while taking the group for a walk through the small paths that served as bridges that crossed the lake, when her voice failed her.

Jinki was wearing normal clothes this time, a simple red shirt untucked over his black ripped jeans and his eyes were closed, a smile on his lips while the sun bathed him. It was as if he was bathing himself in the light and somehow he was almost glowing in her eyes as if he wasn’t truly human.

He spent the whole time drinking her words, not moving his eyes away from her and smiling like an idiot at her and she did her best to ignore him, but this time, just when he wasn’t paying any attention to her, she had a weird feeling. As if somehow he belonged there, as if that palace was like home for him.

He opened his eyes slowly and blinked them before looking at the fish in the lake not even listening. No wonder, he listened to it three times already.

He bended forward following a fish with his head as if he was a cat and that made her smile.

He was handsome and cute, she couldn’t deny it.

Someone cleaned their throat and she quickly recovered her posture.

“…come…” She stuttered trying to find her words again “…the king would come from the other side. “ She called for everyone’s attention. “Follow me and let’s see the pavilion.”

Jinki hastily followed after the group and Hyejin unconsciously walked slower so he could catch up with them.

Their eyes crossed when she turned around to see if the group was all united and he mouthed a silent thank you to her followed by one of his eye smiles that surprisingly made the temperature of her body raise.

She stumbled in her feet placing her heel on the side of the path. Her feet turned in a weird angle making her lose her heel and she slipped.

Hyejin opened her eyes wide and she started to fall, her eyes still on Jinki that mimicked her expression of panic and quickly moved. Too quickly, as if he was a predator, he ran to her, but he was no super man and not even his quick instincts were able to save her from falling into the water.  He stretched his arm and she did the same, their fingers barely touching each other before she fell in the lake.

She screamed moving her hands in the water and trying to stand up but she slipped in the wet rocks of the lake, losing her other heel.

Strong hands grabbed her and pulled her up easily so she could place her feet on the bottom of the lake, however her toes touched something else and she raised her eyes to the chest in front of her and to the face so close to her.

Jinki held her firmly in his arms, his body also inside the lake, and her feet over his so she wouldn’t hurt them on the rocks of the lake.  

She almost lost her balance again but he pulled her closer to him, his eyes not moving an inch from hers, making her heart beat faster.

“I saved you.” He said firmly, his manly expression leaving her speechless until he turned around and faced everyone that was watching smiling like a boy again “I saved her!”

Everyone clapped and cheered and Hyejin closed her open mouth and stared at Jinki trying to push him away.

She slipped again and the bump on her head that hasn’t healed hit his chest, which was surprisingly hard and he pulled her closer to him.

“Let me go!” She said rudely placing her wet hands on his shirt and pushing him.

Jinki took his hands away from her back and she widened her eyes falling backwards again, the splash of water once she fell fully into the water making him all wet.

“What are you doing?” she asked infuriated trying to stand up.

“You told me to let you go!” He answered innocently offering her his hand for her to grab.

She accepted his help and he held her hand firmly helping her stand up and he pulled her out of the lake.

It was a short moment while he grabbed her fingers and yet it was enough to make her stupid heart race.

Since she wasn’t taking her hand away from his, even though she was outside the lake, he smiled cockily and she quickly pulled it away wondering what the hell was happening to her.

Why was he even smiling like that tilting his head as if he could read her mind or worst hear the crazy dance that her heart did every time he touched her. Was that the reason he seemed to enjoy teasing her?

She stared at him with so much disdain that he frowned cutely. Maybe he couldn’t read her mind after all.

“You didn’t want to let go. “ He whispered cutely.

“Want me to hit you in front of everyone?” She whispered back pretending to smile.

Hyejin stepped into the middle of the path embarrassed and brushed her wet hair away from her face, her clothes dripping. He didn’t look better with half his body wet but still he entered the water to collect her second heel for her.

She took it abruptly from his hand and wringed her blouse making the water drip at the ground in the middle of them.

“I saved you.” he said it again making her want to slap him even though his voice was the sweetest. He didn’t save her because he was the one who made her trip on the first place. If she wasn’t looking at him, lost in how handsome he looked she wouldn’t have lost her balance. However she couldn’t ever admit it.

“What?”

“I saved you twice!” He grinned cutely “You fell a second time and I once again saved you!” He turned around to face the rest of the group and everyone seemed to agree with him.

“I didn’t need any saving. The lake isn’t even that deep. I could stand in it without your help.” It was a lie though. She could stand yes but she would hurt her feet and he gently avoided that by placing her over his feet and pulling her up.

Hyejin bit her lip noticing how his expression darkened and everyone seemed to be judging her so she changed her words. The last thing she wanted was everyone complaining of her saying she was rude to a tourist.  It had nothing to do with his sad expression; she was doing that for her job.

“I mean…thank you.” She bowed quickly splashing him with water when she moved her arms.  “I need to change so I’m sorry but I’ll have to call someone to replace me.” She turned around and stepped into the side of the path to grab her other lost heel.

Jinki followed after her.

“Oh really!” He said in a loud voice so everyone could listen to it “you want to take me out to thank me for saving you?”

What? She wasn’t even speaking.

Hyejin blinked her eyes confused wondering what he meant and then her eyes fell on the rest of the group. Oh he was smart!

“Pay him a cup of coffee!” Someone suggested.

“Just date!” Someone else said making everyone laugh and Hyejin blush.

“I accept it.” Jinki said eyeing her hopefully. What date?! “Maybe dinner. Chicken and beer.”

He did it! In such a low way he managed to invite her out on a date, worse he made her invite him, and yet…

The way he grabbed her in his arms and pulled her from the water, how he placed her feet over his as if she was precious, how he entered the water to grab her heel and hold her hand.

It upset her. That forced invitation and the way he was looking at her and yet she felt like she had to do it. “Ok!”

He grinned so much that she was sure that the sun was probably jealous of his brightness. “I’ll be waiting for you outside after work.”

He walked away grinning to himself and waving his hand on the air as a goodbye to her and Hyejin watched him go away, all drenched wondering why he knew what time she left work and why she accepted that silly invitation – although supposedly she was the one who invited him.

She was so lost in her thoughts still wondering what just happened that she barely noticed the whole group celebrating the birth of a new couple.

 

 

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

Hyejin changed into new clothes and stared at herself in the mirror of her locker ing the buttons of her blouse.

She couldn’t stop replaying the way Jinki looked at her, how he moved his hand on her back – that sent a shiver down her spine – how he gently and yet manly grabbed her from the water as if she weighed nothing and pulled her against this chest. How his fingers held hers and the way her heart beat faster.

She closed the locker and rubbed the bump on her forehead.

Things were weird lately, ever since that happened and she saw that ghost.

She was sleepwalking since her house suddenly was all cleaned and she had no memories of doing it; she suddenly had a cat; and now that man showed up for nowhere and started wooing her.

She made a sound with her tongue in thought and walked outside the room still buttoning the buttons of her blouse over her bra.

Maybe she was needy. Yes definitely. She didn’t do skinship with a man for years now and she was probably needy. That was the only explanation for the way her body reacted when that awful man touched her.

Someone cleared their throat and Hyejin raised her eyes from the floor to Minho that was deep red looking at her chest.

She quickly realized that she didn’t button all the buttons of her blouse and he could see too much skin.

He turned around quickly mumbling a sorry and she quickly buttoned it.

“No. Please I’m the one I’m sorry!” She smoothed her blouse and checked to see if every button was safely buttoned “It’s safe now!”

He turned around covering his eyes and took the hand away smiling gently at her.

“I’m really sorry! “ Hyejin bowed apologetically “It’s my fault I was lost in thought and…”

“It’s ok!” he was still a little red though “I heard you fell into the lake and I was worried.”

Maybe falling into the lake was a good thing after all. Minho was worried about her!

“I’m fine.” She answered with a small voice shyly.

“You are always so delicate and feminine and I was really worried. I heard someone helped you come out from the lake.”

“Yes. Luckily someone helped me. I didn’t know that the lake was so deep.”

“Aigo.” He moved his eyes to her head “it still didn’t heal.”

She touched the little bump remembering briefly how she hit her head against Jinki’s hard chest. Why was she thinking about his chest? She quickly kicked him out of her mind.

“Yes. It will eventually. Thank you again for taking me home that night.”

“It was nothing. A lady like you can’t walk alone at night. I mean, you don’t even drink.”

Hyejin swallowed nervously and she lied the best she could “Of course not.” She bit her lower lip and quickly changed subject. She hated that she had to lie to him to fit the innocent women he seemed to like.

“Like I said the other night. I owe you a favor so…”  

“That is also one of the reasons I came to speak with you. I have to buy a gift to someone special and I have no idea what.” He made a pause to see her reaction.

“A girlfriend?”

“Oh no!”

She hoped he didn’t notice the relief in her face.

“This is actually embarrassing but it’s for my mother.” He was so adorable that Hyejin couldn’t stop smiling “I was thinking that maybe this weekend you could come with me to buy her a present. A woman's touch. That’s what I need!”

“Y-yes of course!” She eagerly answered.

Go out with him?! A date?!

“That’s really good! Thank you!”

Hyejin came out from the building slowly walking in a daze, playing with the button of her blouse lost in thoughts smiling to herself.

She had a date with her prince! She made it! One step closer to make him fall for her and make her a princess!

Hyejin released a cry of happiness and then rushed to tell Jiwoo what just happened.

Not far away from there a cat laid under the sun and rolled on the floor enjoying the feel of the grass on his fur.

Jinki smiled like a cat and eyed his human clothes that were drying on the branch of a tree close by.

The gardener passed by him but didn’t even stop.

“Enjoying the sun?”

Jinki meowed an answer watching the old man walk away.

What a good life! Jinki thought to himself.

He had chicken for dinner, a warm bed to sleep, a bathroom – yes because he would go to the bathroom when Hyejin was sleeping – to shower and do his necessities and Hyejin…

He grinned remembering her scent that he loved, the way her heart beat faster when he touched her…

And in a few hours he was going to see her again!

 

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

Jiwoo linked her arm in Hyejin’s and both walked out in the direction of the palace’s main door.

“What’s wrong unnie?” She was in deep thought lately and ever since they fangirled about the date with Minho together Hyejin was very silent.

“Can you teach tricks to cats?” Hyejin asked.

“I believe so. Not like dogs because cats are more independent but I believe you can.”

“Like clean a room? Do the laundry and such?” Hyejin asked wondering if her cat had a weird owner before, a master of teaching tricks.

“What?” Jiwoo laughed “How can a cat do the laundry?”

“Forget it!” Hyejin said “As soon as I said it out loud it truly didn’t make much sense to me either.”

They both walked outside and Hyejin quickly scanned the perimeter. There was no sign of Jinki and she felt a little disappointed which was weird. He did say he would be there waiting and he wasn’t.

“I’m going unnie. See you tomorrow!” Jiwoo ran to her fiancé that was waiting for her beside his parked car and Hyejin looked at them a little jealous.

No one ever picked her up from work and it felt a little as if she was back in school when she was one of the only ones that always walked alone to school.

“Hi!” She almost jumped scared and turned around.

Jinki was leaning forward smiling cutely at her and she moved her eyes down his body. How could a man with such a manly body be smiling like a boy all the time?

And yet…the way he held her, his expression. She shivered remembering. That wasn’t a boy at all.

“You didn’t change!” She said quickly trying to forget that moment of her day.

“Aaaah yeah!” He seemed a little embarrassed about it “I couldn’t go home to change. It’s very far away from here, but I’m all dried up.”

“Ok. Actually…” She her lips and looked at him gathering her lying skills “I need to go home! I have a cat and the poor thing can’t be alone. He gets scared!”

She forced a smile but he didn’t smile back like he often did, he looked at her with no reaction, his face blank.

“I see.” His dead voice bothered her too and she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

“I adopted him this week.” Why was she trying to justify her actions when he wasn’t making any question?

“Of course.” He seemed even cold “We don’t want him to feel lonely and neglected.”

Hyejin rubbed her head and waited for him to say more but instead he stood there looking at her, scanning her with his small brown eyes as if he knew her better than she thought.

She hated it!

“I’m going then.”

He didn’t even answer and she waved her hand dorkly and turned around.

Hyejin barely gave two steps away when she groaned frowning. She couldn’t do it. For whatever reason she simply couldn’t lie to him and walk away. She felt awful.

She turned around but Jinki wasn’t there anymore and she panicked searching for him.

He was a few steps away under a tree looking at a bird tilting his head just like he did when he was watching the fishes in the lake.

She raised an eyebrow watching him. Why did he remind her of a cute cat or dog?!

The thought made her smile and she walked to him not moving her eyes away. He looked so cute and she needed to give him kudos for the effort.

He tried to invite her out so many times before and he even did the same palace tour with her 3 times. Also he saved her…well kinda.

“You know…” He teared his eyes from the tree and looked at her. “Maybe we could go for a cup of coffee. It would be nice.”

 

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

Hyejin drank her coffee in silence avoiding looking too much at Jinki because he wouldn’t stop looking at her and it was making her too self-conscious.

She touched her forehead, checking if her bump was there which was ridiculous and he grabbed her fingers and pulled them away, his hold on her hand lasting longer than the expected.

Jinki was testing her and smiled once she took her fingers away.  Her heart rhythm accelerated like the other two times and he grinned mysteriously and drank the coffee while she watched him with a frown.

“Why are you laughing?”

“Don’t touch it!” He said “It almost disappeared!”

His healing powers did wonders after all.

“I’m sorry.” Hyejin said grabbing her mug again, trying to hide behind it “I mean the way I behaved with you by the lake!”

“When I saved you?”

“No!” She needed to clear that misunderstanding. She wasn’t a damsel in distress that needed to be saved by him. If anyone needed to save her was her prince. “You helped me out of the lake. Just that! It doesn’t matter anyway! Drink your coffee!”

He did as she said and no other coffee ever tasted as good for him. It was his first time drinking a coffee bought by her.

“I’m sorry too, that I made you invite me for coffee.”

She didn’t expect that apology and he supported his head with his hand watching her now, she had her lips in the mug and wasn’t drinking at all. She was cute.

“Although I was hoping for beer and chicken not coffee, I’m thankful!”

Hyejin bit the mug cutely probably controlling herself to not say anything rude back at him.

“I hope you forgive me but…I couldn’t control my desires!” Jinki added “I really wanted to be alone with you.”

She choked on her coffee and he watched her amused and grabbed a paper tissue that offered to her.

She didn’t accept it and instead grabbed the tissue dispenser from the table and got herself one to clean her lips.

“Why?” she asked cleaning the corner of .

“You are interesting. Way more interesting than all the women I met before. And you are beautiful” He sighed admiring the way her cheeks were becoming red with his words “I think it's destiny that we met.”

She scoffed at his words eyeing the table in front of her instead of him and Jinki wondered what she was thinking. He tried to read the signs in front of him. Her heart was beating at a normal rhythm, he couldn’t taste any special emotion and her eyes were avoiding him.

He had no clue and for the first time he wished he could really read her mind.

She raised her eyes again and he saw a hint of confusion in them which bothered him.

“I’m kidding.” He said smiling softly and forcing a chuckle. “It’s a joke.”

“It’s not that funny!” She mumbled drinking her coffee again and Jinki drank his too.

“See, you are different.” He moved his fingers in the table closer to hers “I didn’t know how to make you accept to go out with me so we could talk.”

“You are really bad at wooing women. What you did is no way to make women talk with you.”

It worked before though.

“Are you some kind of a dating expert?” he asked instead.

“Of course I am!” She smiled brightly and he smiled with her “Man fall for me easily but of course I don’t care for any of them!” She moved a finger on her hair twirling it cutely “I have someone I like!”

He laughed finding her very funny and she frowned.

“It’s not you!”

His smile faded a little bit and he leaned forward on the table making her held her breath.

He was so close that she could see the small birthmark on his chin perfectly. Wait he had one on his lips…why was she looking at his lips?!

He pouted speaking to her “Can you keep a secret?”

His question and the movement of his lips troubled her and she leaned backwards on her chair.

“Excuse me?”

“I asked if you are good at keeping secrets! “ He shook his head changing his mind “No. Actually do you like animals? Like tigers?”

“I don’t understand!” Why was he making her those weird questions?

“Do you think you can love someone that isn’t exactly who he seems to be?”

She her lips and this time she was the one who leaned forward. “I’m confused. What does all this questions have to do…”

Her voice died on her lips because she was seeing something behind Jinki that upset her. He could taste it.

The taste of sadness and deception.

Jinki followed her gaze.

Minho just entered the coffee shop with a young lady. Her hair was caught on the side with a beautiful hairpin, and she was wearing a beautiful navy blouse over jeans. Minho gently guided her by her waist to a table on the other side of the store.

Jinki frowned turning to Hyejin.

No. Not that. Sadness was the worst thing to feed from.

Hyejin wasn’t even noticing the way Jinki looked at her, miserable, because she was observing Minho being a gentleman to another lady, pulling a chair for her to sit and how he grabbed her hand gently and both laughed.

Sadness.

He hated the taste so much that Jinki grabbed the mug of coffee and drink it in one go. Nothing was as bitter as sadness, not even the strongest coffee.

However worse than sadness was the way Hyejin’s eyes looked dead, how she was seeing through Jinki with no sparkle in them.

“So he has a girlfriend!” she said to no one in particular and Jinki swallowed hard.

There they were.

Hyejin looking at another man like he was looking at her.

Sometimes destiny could be cruel.

He knew that very well.

 

 

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

Hyejin walked in zig zag for a while and then resumed her walk in a straight line, revealing to anyone who was keeping attention that she wasn’t that drunk after all, and she slowly climbed the road, back to her apartment.

Jinki followed after her ever since they left the chicken store where they ate and drank beer together.

That wasn’t the way he imagined their first date together.

She accepted to go drinking with him after they left the coffee shop and they talked about a lot of nonsense during dinner but she wasn’t truly being herself and he knew it. He was her cat after all.

After dinner he started following her and even though she knew he was behind her they didn’t share any words.

Hyejin drank a lot and yet he knew she wasn’t that drunk.

“Do you drink always like this?” Jinki asked trying to do small talk a little worried with her because she was rarely silent ever since he met her.

“Sometimes.” She took a deep breath and then turned around to face him, holding her purse with both her hands. “All the time!” she corrected cutely and grinned fakely before turning around. “Guess I’m not a lady then!”

He tilted his head wondering what she meant still feeling the bitter taste of the sadness. He wanted to make her feel better and say something but he had no idea what.

“You don’t need to do it!”

Her words startled him. She was reading his mind and that meant…

He panicked stopping in the middle of the deserted street. He heard of people with special powers so maybe she knew who he was. Wait she was probably reading everything at the moment.

Hyejin turned to him and frowned “You don’t have to take me home right now. I know you are thinking that you need to be a gentleman!”

“OH!” he laughed of relief. Ok, Hyejin’s only secret power was to make him smile.  “I was worried for a while!”

“What the…” Hyejin mumbled cursing under her breath. That man was too weird to be real!

“But I do!” He added quickly catching up with her “I want to take you home like a true gentleman! Like a man!”

She scoffed again.

“I want to be a normal man!” He said energetically.

“Wait, you aren’t a normal man then?”

She turned to him and both stood in the middle of the street.

“No…not like the ones you know.” She waited for him to say it was a joke like when he mentioned destiny at the coffee shop but this time he was being serious.

Hyejin closed the distance between them and poked his cheek.

“Why?” Did he think he was special? More than any other men? “You seem to be made of flesh like everyone else.” She moved her eyes down his body to his crotch and Jinki pursed his lips surprised.  “Well…”

Was she checking him out? She was truly a weird woman!

“I guess you are a man!”

She giggled to herself and then raised her eyes to the sky to the big moon that was illuminating them.

“That fake circle!” she rotated her finger in the sky drawing the contours of it “She pretends to give us light when she is just using the light of the sun! What a fake! Useless!”

Jinki followed her gaze wondering if she was truly talking about the moon or someone else. She truly seemed to like the moon since she had a light presence in the shape of one so that comment didn’t make much sense.

“You know, they say the moon was part of the Earth once and a huge object crashed into the Earth and the debris of it become the moon!” Hyejin’s gaze fall back on him again and she listened to his words with all her attention. “Also do you know that the moon always shows the same face to Earth? It’s doomed to rotate around the Earth forever!”

“Why do you know so much about a rock in the sky?”

He laughed. That was a funny way to call the moon. A fake rock!

“I have a lot of free time! Besides knowing about this kind of things is a family thing!”

It was her time to laugh. “You said the same about tigers the last time!”

The fact that she remembered made him warm “I have an eccentric family!”

“At least you have one!” she mumbled eyeing the moon “oooh but she is so breathtaking even for a rock that is fake!”

“Not many things are breathtaking…” he remarked watching her instead.

He probably was being too obvious about it because Hyejin looked at him instead of the moon.

“She must be sad. The moon I mean! She can never show herself entirely to anyone. Doomed to only show a part of herself.” Hyejin said quietly “It’s truly sad. To know that you don’t belong to the Earth anymore, that she isn’t like the others and can never be.”

Jinki watched her intensely probably reading too much into her words.

Maybe he truly didn’t joke back in the coffee shop and maybe there was truly a reason they met each other.

The moon wasn’t much different from him. A human God that could never be a God nor a human like the others. He wasn’t even like his family. He was cursed, different from everyone else. Just like a fake rock that was supposed to give light. He was no better than the moon.

However Hyejin didn’t know anything about him and yet she seemed to understand that feeling as much as he did.

Her sad gaze turned into a forced smile and before she could say anything and walk away he placed his hand on her cheek making her freeze as if time stopped.

She wasn’t alone. And he wasn’t alone either.

They were together now, at that moment and they could see each other perfectly like they truly were even if they really didn’t understand what they were seeing.

Her skin was cold under his hand that was warm and she eyed him not being able to move away.

Jinki leaned forward with his eyes open, so brilliant and deep that she was sure she could get lost in them. Like the object that crashed against the moon his lips were going to crash into hers so both closed their eyes ready for the impact.

It was gentle so not like what it meant and the impact and repercussions it would have in their lives from that moment on.

Hyejin kissed him back with no reason to do so and all the reason to do at the same time, her heart beating in her chest reverberating through her body making her feel as alive as she never felt before as if he was breathing light into her darkness.

Jinki kissed a woman for the first time with no second intentions. He didn’t want her energy, he wasn’t even listening to her heart, examining her reaction to the kiss, it was all so silent and he wasn’t hungry for her energy, not in that selfish way.

He just truly wanted to do it.

Attracted to her, like gravity attracted the Moon to the Earth.

Was he becoming truly human? Was he a normal common man now?

Don’t all normal humans fall in love?

 

 

14t81v9.jpg

Pics not mine....lol first of all...

AND YAY SECOND CHAPTER!

Thanks to my beta reader Alice and Lexie's translations ^^

Here it is. I hope you like it.

I really enjoyed writing this one. It doesnt happen in a while, writing a whole chapter with so much pleasure. It was so much fun! I love all the characters and there is so much I want to tell in the story. I truly hope I find a way to. 

Im currently researching more and I hope to write something special. 

Oh and by the way Goblin OST helped a lot XD ~

Anyway, give me your opinion about the characters, Jinki's and Heyjin's relationship and cat/tiger Jinki and well Minho. ^^