take five

Are we friends?

HI EVERYONE,IT'S THE END OF THE YEAR,ANYWAY TALKING AOUT THIS CHAPTER,I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE I T,TILL NOW IT WAS LIKE A SET UP,THEPART BEFORE THE TRUE STORY TO BEGIN,I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE IT.HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! ^^


 

CHAPTER 5


-female MC "HI EVERYONE! this is something all of us wanted to ear from some time now,she is the girl who made us want to see more of her on the small screen,she worked really hard for and in the end she finally made it,after 5 years,she finally is playing a lead role!"


-male MC "yes she finally did it,or we better say she finally decided on a leading role,let's see this new drama is called...


BACK TO A WEEK BEFORE AT THE RESTAURANT THEY ALWAYS GO.


"sorry for being late!" song jong ki came after work,he was dressed in casual clotes,a white shirt,demin pants and a black hat.


"don't worry,sit down,i already ordered something"jong ki sit down and look at song hye kyo who was already in her seat"


"when did you arrive?"


"Just few minutes before you,wae?"


"i tought you would be the one to come late"she smile and look at him.


"instead you are the one being late"


"only by a few minutes,so this isn't late right?"he retort smiling "curegu,it's kim ji won and jin goo the ones being late"


"she is an actress too and i heard she is doing quite well too,let her be"


"tsk,you blame me but not her"


"you weren't late right?i didn't blame you"she looked all innocient before laughing and he followed her,till he saw her bag that seemed full.


"what are you carring there? it seems heavy"


"o these"she pat her bag.


"these are my scripts,the one i should review,they told me to choose carefully and to look more at the leading roles because i always take the supporting roles" he look at her a little angry.


"you should,what the hell,by now you would have been already a big star,i still remember when i saw that drama where you would have been the lead,but instead you refused.It had such a massive success,yet you refused the role aish,you should stop with your tought of learning more from the supporting roIes,it's stupid and not true.As a lead you would have more screen time not to mention more lines and more things to show onscreen,how could you think like this till today?" she smile while looking at jong ki's grumpy expression.


"i don't think like that anymore"he was taken aback.


"are you for real?"


"i am not a university student anymore you know? of course working as a supporting character i learned a lot,but as you said the range is limited,and since i had less screen time i would preperare well sure but i couldn't learn all the things an actor who had more screen time knows."


"wow,you really changed"


"wae?you didn't?" he luagh softly and pour in her glass some soujo and then it was his glass turn.


"what made you change your mind?"


"when i looked at some scenes,from the main lead in my dramas,i could see how different every scenes where,how they where so quick to change,evey emotion could be expressed in differents ways,i was fascinated and in a way i was scared too"


"you where scared to take a lead role even tought they gave you a lot of script?"


"well, when i was younger it was because i wanted to learn from scratch and later i found my reasoning too stupid,as an actress i should venture in more roles to become a true actress,but i always told myself this isn't the time,this script isn't to my liking,this character isn't interesting and so on and on,in the end 5 years passed.Now i think in a complitely different way,if the script and the character take my heart then i will play that role no matter if it's a supporting role or a lead role,what's important is what i feel,that's the answer i came to after all these years,i was also able to calm myself in front of the camera since at first it was embarrassing"


"i understand you well,i know what you mean"he drink his cup of soujo as the waiter bring them some chiken.


"still i am curious,was ever a time when you regretted the lost chance?"


"no...the drama you mentioned before was because of the chemistry of the two leads actors,but what if i wasn't able to show their emotion is the same way? things would have changed for sure"


"ya,she was a newbye too,i could tell you that you would have made it a mega hit,belive me"


"ahahah,thanks.Let's stop talking about me,i will find a good role for me in the future in this pile of scripts"she pat her bag and then smiling give a look at jong ki and the both of them smile and then laugh a little.


"so what about you?how is it going?any good roles?"


"yea well i am still a little on the supporting side too but i am doing quite good i am going for auditions too,tought i was chosen as the MC in music back"


"i did too!"


"i know it"


"aigo,my dongsaeng"his smile faded away,he always ated being called dongsaeng by her and she knowing it,keep on teasing song jong ki.


"what is it?donsaeng?"


"aish,stop it or else i will do something to you one of these days" he treat her but she doesn't buy it and keep on going.


"you,keep on going on hu?"she nod her head.


"i am planning on doing so,mpfff"


"damn it"he drink his sojo and when he see her picking a piece of the chiken on the table he goes for it too,when she try to take another one he goes for that too and so on,she then look at him.


"are you a child?"


"i am just so angry...aren't you on a diet,noona?"


"damn it...i haven't eaten anything today,because i was busy and i am not on a diet right now!...i am barely eating anyway aish... ow let me eat!"


"ahahah"


"have you done you two idiots?"a voice from behind reprimend them,they turn to their left side and see two familiar faces.


"jing goo! kim ji won!" they say at the same time.


"dae,we are here"answer jin goo as he sit beside jong ki and kim ji won sit beside song hye kyo instead.Finally they can order the full meal and start to reminice their time together and telling each other of their life at that moment.Everyone was happy to meet after so much time and so after this, finally they left the restaurant and headed home.


AT SONG HYE KYO HOUSE


She put down her things and collapse on the couch.


"sigh...i am tired,finally i am back home after a month being in hotels,sigh..."her eyes suddely fall on her bag and she then pull out the scripts she took from her manager.


"...my-these are really a lot of scripts,where do i start?"she scratch her head and then she just decide to take the first one on the pile and start to flip trhrou the pages,reading. Song hye kyo's time pass while reading again,she is now at the five script and for the first time she didn't stop on the first episode out of boredom,but instead kept on reading till finally she ended to read it all.She couldn't imagine she would come across such a jem,her eyes began to shine from a new light and exitment began to spread inside her whole body.


"this...i want to play this character"she couldn't sleep all night she wanted to call her manager but decided not to instead she called jong ki.


"jong ki! decided my next role!"


"arasso,why are you like this?calm down...so what supporting role are you doing now?"


"it's not a supporting role"


"yea the supporting-what?"


"it's not a supporting role,i will take on the lead this time,i will tell my company tomorrow"


"wow,ciuccae!congratulation!so what is called the drama?what role will you do?what is about the drama?"


"the drama is called...


BACK TO THE PRESENT


-male MC " the title of the drama is AUTUMN IN MY HEART! it's a melodramatic drama and there are a lot of new faces and actors,she is this year revelation.Her caracter will be a poorsoul,her lead actor will be SONG SEUNG HEON AND KIM WO BIN will complete the love triangle.Wow such beautiful people.The drama is still ongoing but we expect big things from these young actors,i can't wait to see it,i am sure even our fans can't wait for the time to come right?.

 


3 month later,the drama became a success,song hye kyo became a hallyu star and her chemistry with her coostars were amazing with both the lead males,she did an amazing job and she was recognized even from outside of corea,she made it big and her role will remain in the histiry of the drama of it's genre.Thanks to her performance she won a lot of awards too,most popular actress and so on it was a turning point in her life.


Song jong ki is looking at his phone while filming for a commercial,it's been awhile that the both of them don't see each other and she became more busy then ever.


"sigh...is she eating well?i hope she will have time to rest a bit"


"jong ki!it's time!"


"i am coming!"


Tthe commercial went well and he is slowly going up as an actor too,months passed and he received a script.


"jong ki,take this script,give a look at it" he take the script in his hands.


2what's this?...sunkyungwuan scandal?..."


"dae,it's a storical drama"


"o really?"


"dae,it's a light drama,read it,i think you will like it.It's quite different from the others,your character too"


"ok,i will read it later" the manager goes away leaving him alone.


"let's see-DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"his phone ring.


"o it's kyo...yobuseyo?"


"sorry jong ki,i couldn't answer before"


"it's ok i know you are busy now,you deserve your popularity,you where quite drained doing that role right?"


"dae,it was fun but really drained,it was really a sad drama,tought i really learned a lot and i think i did a good job in the end...but i am not used to all this..."


"popularity?mpfff,well ciuccae"


"ya,don't tease me,let's se when it's going to be your turn...by the way,how is my actor jong ki doing?"


"tsk,your jong ki is reading a script and it's quite interesting,it's really fun too...i think i am going to do it "he say while reading every line with anticipation for the next episode,tought in the script there where only four episode present to read.


"wow,so you like it quite a lot it seems,crae,maybe this will be your stepping stone to become a big fish too"


"tsk,big fish...i am going to become a shark and eat you if you don't stop this nonsense"


"ahahah...i am still waiting for my punishment,you are akways saying i will do this and that but in the end you never do anything"


"are you pheraps waiting for me to do something to you?"he ,but he worried when he didn't hear any response from her.


"....."


"...kyo?...song hye kyo are you there?"


"what if i am expecting something?"jong ki was taken by surprise,he didn't expect this sentence from her.


"...hey,are you seriously saying those wrods?" he was a little worried while waiting for her answer.


"...of course...i was joking...ya


"o crae,bye"they ended he call,but jong ki was a little unsettled.Even tought he know she was only jonking,for a moment he belived that she meant something else...it was for a split second but he was worried about it.In the end he decided not to give a big importance to it and just became more and more invested in thinking of his next project.


IN SHK HOTEL'S ROOM


After she talked with jong ki,she started to panick.


"...what the heck did i just say?..."she put her hand on her face


"what kind of joke did you make?!"she was rolling on the bed of her hotel's room.


"wait.Stop,song hye kyo...why are you wven so worried?...are you an idiot without a brain?...ya,what did you joke about that for?what if he think something else?...why did i say such a thing in the first place"she calm down and hug her pillow.


"sigh...this is really troublesome..."she then bury her face in the pillow.


The next day on jong ki's part he decided to take part in the drama he only has to sign the contract and finalize something later on the first reading script with the crew and then up to work.

 


After three month.


The drama was a success,his role was well received and made him a known actor ,he won wards for his role as gu yun and won also a couple award with YOO AH IN that became his good friend.In reality yoo ah in was a good friend of song hye kyo for awhile since they work for the same company and thatnks to this drama song jong ki and song hye kyo have a common friend.


"Hey guys,how about we celebrate?"asked yoo ah in sending a message to both of them,to hye kyo and jong ki.


"why not?where do you want to go?"ask hye kyo.


"instead of a restaurant,i was thinking of going to my house to eat"


"sure,tell the time we will manage in some way"answered jong ki.


"how about this week?is it ok for the two of you?"


"it's fine for me"


"me too"


"good,then see you two this week"


The week end finally arrived and and the friends have arrived to yoo ah in's house jing goo and kim ji won where present too.


"welcome guys!...but where is song hye kyo?"


"isn't she here yet?" asked jing goo.


"she will come in awhile don't worry,she told me ,there was a delay"asnswer kim ji won.


"wow...you really are prepared"said jong ki while looking at the girl.


"it's not that i am prepared,but i am in a special position than you guys"


"...are you for real?---i don't even have the strengh to answer you"jong ki say.


"kid have respect for your elder"


"ya!"he retort while jing goo shake his head and yoo ha in laugh.Auddenly the door bell ring.


"it must be her"yoo ah in say while going to open the door.


"you finally are here"


"sorry,friend,i was busy,i could come only now"she say apologetically but yoo ah in just smile.


"it's ok noona,come in it must be cold"


"dae,thanks"she run inside while jong ki walk towards her helping her take off her coat.


"ya,what where you doing? till now?"


"sorry,i was with kim wo bin"


"kim wo bin?"he frown.


"why? are you still in touch?"


"we do,we became friends,after the drama ended almost a year ago,we kept in touch,well it's not only him but the others too"


"still why?did you meet up?"


"we had a shooting for a commercial together and later,we started to chat,he offered me a cup of coffe"she answered sincerely.


"i see..."he put her coat on the clothes hangers and then went in the kitchen to help yoo ah in and the other,hye kyo was pazzled,but didn't give too much tought on it,so she just went in the kitchen too.


"By the way i bought some pastry" said kyo


"i brought a bottle of wine"thanks guys.


"guys there was no need-"


"ah! kim ji won why didn't you say anything to me?"


"what are you talking about?"


"i brough chocolate"


"o i see,then go and bring it in...be fast it's cold outside"she said plainly while bringing the plates on the table.


"wow,you never change girl"say kyo while being surprised.After they prepared everything they finally can start to it.


"by the way,did i miss something guys?di the two of you get together?"


"ask yoo ah in.


"...they did,it's been awhile"answer kyo and then jong ki follow her


"it's almost 3 month now right?"


"dae,it was quite a fight,for him to win her over"


"o that's right,i really don't know how can he be attracted to her" jong ki chake his head.


"why? she is pretty cute"


"are you stupid?what part of her is cute,she seems like a stoic person she has no expression"


"ya-"


"we are here too you know guys?" say jin goo to the two while kim ji won lokk at the both of them.


"more importantly why don't you two, start to date?"ask kim ji won


"are you an idiot?!"the both of them answer.


"wae?you two are a match made in heaven guys"


"please not joke around will you?"jong ki answer them.


"crae,what are you saying ahahah"kyo answer but gve secretly a sad look to jong ki who didn't notice her.


After awhile they have to leave.


"kim ji won can you accompany me home? i don't have my car"


"sure why not-"


"let's go i will take you there" jong ki say taking her hands as if it was the most normal thing in the world.Song hye kyo can't help but feel unsettled.


After leaving yoo ah in house,jong ki finally bring her home.


"jong ki thanks...by the way come up,i have to give you something"


"arasso,let's go"the go up to her apartment she get inside and he follow her.


"this is the birthday present i couldn't give you before"


"aigo,it's ok,there was no need,thanks"he smile at her and she does too,but suddenly there is a black out and they trying to find a way to get some light fall down.


"hey can you see anything?"


"no i don't,damn it,ehat is this?jong ki i will try to find my purse and at least take my phone"


"no it's ok i will use mine"


"no it's ok seriously-omo ya! TUD" the light suddenly came back and they found themselves with their lips pressed against each other.The surprise was indeed big,they broke the kiss after finding their senses back.


"i-i am sorry...i didn't do it on purpose...don't put any meaning in it,i won't eitheir"he say seriously,but those words wheren't to kyo's liking,it made her sad and a little angry.She became serious and looked back at him,startling jong ki.


"what if i don't want to forget?"


"hu?what-"


"this kiss...is meaningful to me"she say,while looking at jong ki for few seconds and then she slowly get closer to jong ki and gently kiss him.


"jong ki was startled and soon after he found himself wanting to kiss her too and he did,but then he stopped.


"sorry...but i can't"she looked at him with sad eyes and then put a smile on.


"arasso...i know it"she get up from the ground.


"get up,you should go,i am sure you are busy£she say looking away trying to smile,while jong ki putting a sad expression too try to call her name as if to apologize.


"kyo-"


"it's ok,i know what you want say...you should go."in silence jong kigo away,closing her house door,but he didn't leave and just  leaned his back on her door.


"sigh,what did i do?"


Inside,song hye kyo put away the little smile she made and then became sad,she sat on her chair and lookked down,tears started to fall down.