Sugar, We're Going Down

Daejae Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a lot of original 2jae (Jaebum (Got7) and Youngjae); fluff / angst

Really, Youngjae has gone through a lot of heartbreak before he met Daehyun. And that even though he's only had a crush on one person the entirety of high school. But that one had been draining his energy and caused a serious lack of knowledge on how a healthy relationship should be built.

Jaebum was his best friend back in high school, and it was much of a miracle to Youngjae how the oh-so-famous basketball player of their school's successful team had wanted to become his friend at the very beginning of high school.

Jaebum was instantly loved by everyone due to his handsome face and sculpted body, his intelligence, and the ability to lead their school's basketball team to the top of the ranks in their district.

So it did come off as weird that someone like Jaebum would choose to hang out with a boy as plain and ordinary as Youngjae, and people showed that.

They threw dirty looks at Youngjae who honestly just wanted to get through high school with good grades and a few friends but apparently that was too much to ask for since Jaebum decided that it was enough. Jaebum didn't want Youngjae to be hurt by all those mean slurs thrown at him in the hallways so they decided they would rather hang out after school than display their friendship during and in between classes.

And whenever Jaebum would meet Youngjae by the trees behind the school court, his rich smile on his perfect lips, Youngjae would feel the blush creep onto his full cheeks.

But Youngjae really didn't interpret too much into Jaebum's gentle actions, those affectionate gestures and loving glances thrown at Youngjae were probably all out of platonic love for his friend of now, two years.

Once they've reached their senior year, Jaebum having been in multiple relationships already yet his behavior has never changed towards Youngjae, if anything he has grown to be bolder, throwing his arm around Youngjae's waist when they would head home after a tiring session in the city's library, the pitch-black streets and cold air enhancing the two boys who were fooling around in public but didn't care, since no one was around.

No one was around to see Jaebum Youngjae's cheek, to see Jaebum pull Youngjae into his embrace, to see Jaebum leaving soft kisses on Youngjae's fluffy cheek before they had to depart to each go into their individual homes.

And god, if those kisses and hugs did not mess with Youngjae's brain. Even if Jaebum was in a stable relationship sometimes, the slightly older boy would never not show how much he adored his best friend.

And Youngjae knew he had fallen, maybe even all those years ago, the first time Jaebum has approached him in the run-down school hallways with his heart-breaking smile.

And ever so often did Youngjae's heart break, since Jaebum very much flaunted each of his new girlfriends, not caring that he made the butterflies in Youngjae's stomach flutter around wildly with no sense of direction

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter