It's getting bad

Daejae Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

fluff

"It's getting pretty bad out there."

"Can you please focus?"

Daehyun tore his gaze from the thunderstorm right outside the window in Youngjae's bedroom, turning to see Youngjae hovering over his MacBook with a frown between his eyebrows.

Daehyun didn't really know Youngjae, they got paired up for this project only three days ago and although Youngjae had suggested they start the afternoon their professor handed them their assignment, Daehyun tried to find some rather ty excuse because his week had started off terribly and everything just didn't go as planned and he really hated Wednesdays.

So they didn't meet up Wednesday afternoon, because Daehyun absolutely had to go out of town for a day to visit his grandparents because "My grandpa's birthday is coming up and you know Youngjae, our grandparents aren't getting younger.", which was pretty dumb of him to say because Youngjae had ordered him to come to his apartment (which was outside of campus) on a Saturday.

Like, yes, Daehyun knew that the project was due in a week, and apparently Youngjae was one of those overachievers but, on a Saturday?

To defend himself, sociology wasn't his major and he'd only taken up the lecture because it seemed to be kind of interesting and it would earn him tons of credit, because yeah this would be like 40% of his sociology minor, but now that he had the time to reflect, Daehyun felt incredibly stupid.

Stupid because Youngjae kept asking him for his opinion and if they really should use this source despite Youngjae having been the one to decide which textbooks they would use.

Youngjae tore him out of his thoughts, brutally so.

"Daehyun?"

A pen hit his chest.

"That hurt?"

Despite feeling taken advantage of, Youngjae should have seen that he was deep in thought, excuse him, the way the other one's eyes sparkled with the reflection of the screen flickering above his iris and a hint of anger dimming it somehow had Daehyun captivated.

"Daehyun, please, can you actually help me out?" Youngjae's voice was on the cusp of being desperate but the boy clearly tried to hide his anger, Daehyun could see the way Youngjae clenched his small fists in his lap, lips forming a precious pout.

For a second, just a second if not even less, Daehyun found himself lost staring at those apple lips only to rip his gaze off of them. Daehyun did not just ogle at his, acquaintance? He coughed. 

"Sure, no problem."

"Look, I know you're tired but if we just do this real quick you can go home in thirty minutes, okay?" Youngjae asked as Daehyun sat back down next to him by the coffee table, and the only important thing for Daehyun should be that he could finally go home, they've been at this for five hours, or so.

He wasn't quite sure.

But even if Daehyun did not want to admit it, he couldn't stop looking at the way Youngjae's eyes lit up whenever they found a really good article to add to their sources or the way Youngjae laughed whenever Daehyun said something stupid, or the way his cheeks rose when he smiled.

Daehyun didn't know how he felt about going home yet.

"Thirty minutes, that sure is not gonna be enough time to finish this," Daehyun said, glancing between the screen and Youngjae who suddenly threw him a scandalous look, face darkening.

"If maybe you wouldn't have stared out of the window for twenty minutes and that already three times today, maybe, we would have come further," Youngjae abruptly closed the lid of his laptop, rubbing his temples with a sigh before he continued speaking, "you know what, just go home, I'm going to finish on my-" Youngjae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter