FOURTEENTH

Wild Flower

The day of Mr. Seo’s funeral

Hyunwoo couldn’t leave his brother alone eventhough the funeral was finished. The younger  remained at his father photo and didn’t want to talk to anyone. He was worried Changkyun would fall ill because the sadness of losing. While Kwon Jooyeol, has not been able to visit Seo sibling’s father funeral because he had to do therapy due his extreme depression. Very true if Kwon Jooyeol already forgave him, but all the pressure that he received and no one who could he leaned on, the reason why he couldn’face his father for a while.

Jooyeol asked his father for accompany, he wanted to send his condolence. Changkyun condition improved but he couldn’t go out. After Jooyeol send prayers to Mr. Seo, he immediately met Hyunwoo,"hey Jooyeol, you have to make up with your father. A great opportunity, right? Before something undesirable like this..happen. We don’t know when our turn, right?".

 Hyunwoo smiled at Jooyeol and planning took him to lunch out together with Mr. Kwon and Changkyun. He initially rejected his brother offer, but because Mr. Kwon and Jooyeol, He felt unwell. He agreed to join Jooyeol and his father, hoping their relationship could be better than before.

 

The atmosphere was not too comfortable. Jooyeol and his father was really tense. Changkyun  kept feeling down. Hyunwoo excuse himself to call someone,"hello, Jooheon-ah, do you want to have lunch outside? I’m paying~". He tried to persuade Jooheon to join and give the restaurant’s address. Soon, Jooheon came still in his gym uniform,"thank God you're here! The atmosphere is terrible. I felt I could run out of breath whenever... Come on!"

Lee Jooheon bowed to Mr. Kwon and staring at Jooyeol coldly, he hoped Jooyeol could read his mind. Obviously it didn’t work. Jooheon understood why Hyunwoo need him.

Hyunwoo ordered food and break the ice, joking with Jooheon might not be bad. But there was no drastic change of atmosphere ‘til the food is prepared. Hyunwoo and Jooheon looked at one another,"thanks for the food, we will enjoy it. Changkyun, Jooyeol it’s getting cold!"

Finally Mr. Kwon immediately took one spoon of soup followed by Changkyun and others. Mr. Kwon took the bowl belonged Jooyeol and move the existing stringbean into his own bowl. Jooyeol bowed his head awkwardly as thank you. Jooyeol put a meat on his father’s because he knew his father loved meats. Changkyun amazed with the sight, Dad, see? They are getting along well..

"But since when you close to Jooheon sunbae? Looks like I missed a lot of things" Changkyun looked down and bited his lips. "Aha...we just suddenly felt there was a connection between us. Ah..we have same music taste..we close to you though" Jooheon answered spontaneously.

 

Kwon Jooyeol went home with his father. During the trip to home was completely silent and awkward, Mr. Kwon repeatedly turning on and off the radio. Arriving home Jooyeol immediately greeted the maids in his house, he just smiled as repay. Kwon Jooyeol couldn’t sleep and decided to call Changkyun,"hello Seo Changkyun, I can’t sleep and you know there's no one I can talk to.." Changkyun hung up Jooyeol with the suggestion that Jooyeol need to talk with Mr. Kwon. Jooyeol did not answer Changkyun.

Changkyun thought that Jooyeol already cut off their call. Kwon Jooyeol went to the kitchen to get a drink of water and saw his father was drinking tea alone. I would not do it, they do not know my feelings. Jooyeol is stubborn and unwilling to reconcile with his father, but he realized that he didn’t know how his father’s feelings too.

Jooyeol sighed and approached his father,"may I sit here?" Mr. Kwon surprised by his presence. "hey son..I know this is hard for you. But, your mother must be upset, right?". Kwon Jooyeol smiled remembering his mother,"dad, I miss her. Can we visit mom?".

Mr. Kwon nodded, reminded that his busy work made him rarely visit his wife's grave,"are you joining any activity outside the school? Sorry, I really don’t know" Mr. Kwon looked down and laughed embarrassed by the question. Jooyeol laughed,"not bad. I haven’t attended any extracurricular, with my activity to study seems impossible"

 Tn. Kwon drank the tea and nodded understanding, he felt very guilty. Jooyeol saw the expression on his father,"don’t need to feel guilty..you did it for my good though. All my achievements. Actually I want to join the basketball team..", Mr. Kwon was shocked to hear his son say that.

 "thank you, son, I'm proud and very grateful to be your father. From now on you can decide what you want" Mr. Kwon smiled at Jooyeol and reached out to pat the back of his son. Jooyeol tried to laugh to decrease the awkwardness.

Jooyeol eyes began to glisten,"ah..so funny. It’s make me cry, my stomach hurts. Thanks dad and forgive me…."