TENTH

Wild Flower

Kwon Jooyeol smiled seeing the sight that night. Just a few stars in the sky, even the stars is smiling. Changkyun arrived at the top floor and he glad he was not late, "Jooyeol ... I beg you please say that you just want to enjoy the night breeze, but below is also not bad you know. Wanna company?". Changkyun hoped Jooyeol walked over to him so that the nightmare which is going to happen is not really happening.

Jooyeol turned towards Changkyun,"what are you doing here? Down there is already contaminated by many people. Better up here...till you come and poisoned the air around me". Changkyun tried to laugh as possible and keep talking with Jooyeol to stall for time. Kwon Jooyeol knew Changkyun was just trying to distract him and Changkyun knew he was always quick in reaching the end of a conversation. "Jooyeol, you're clever but also stupid at the same time. You've got everything ... and you want to end everything? Very interesting. Well, at least tell me, okay?". Changkyun tried hard to persuade Jooyeol. Kwon Jooyeol finally fully turned towards him, he was laughing,"You are stupid Changkyun. You are in danger because of me? No kidding. You're doing on your will! What do you know about me? Can you help me, with get out of my sight?". Kwon Jooyeol getting annoyed and his expression changed dramatically, his eyes was teary, Jooyeol did not explain his feelings but Changkyun knew he really was sad. "Can’t you just tell me? I know you're tired to endure it, so let it loose. Too hard for you to resist all, Jooyeol!" Changkyun really wanted to help Jooyeol, he kept trying to persuade Jooyeol until his brother came with two nurses.

Changkyun slowly walked toward Jooyeol without his knowledge. Kwon Jooyeol couldn’t hold himself, his tears fell. Changkyun was seeing Jooyeol’s state, he hugged Jooyeol and patted his back,"it’s okay bro..sometimes you need to tell someone. Want to share with me? I’m fine, we’re friend right now. Crying would not change the fact that you're a man”. That was the first time Jooyeol listen well to Changkyun. He had a feeling that Jooyeol would say something.

 

 

 

When Kwon Jooyeol 10-year-old, his mother died

Day by day passed. He was lonely, his father said that he would work harder and Jooyeol should strive to learn more so he could get a scholarship. He was never replaced, but never once did his father praised his achievement. Mr. Kwon also gained new position in the company where he work.

Kwon Jooyeol thought not to follow the academic competitions for awhile to break. But he need permission from his father. He knew his father well,"do you start to act cocky young man? Better you go to study. You know who's going to put an end to this conversation, aren’t you?". Kwon Jooyeol decided to join a mathematical competition. "I've never competed math competition before. Let’s try it! As a new experience, well...sure I'm a genius if I get in top three winners". Jooyeol was talking to himself, things to do when there is this 'funny' feeling on his chest.

The day of the competition came, he just knew it was a very big competition. Jooyeol succed until the final round, which was held a week after that day. At the location of the final round he saw many parents accompany their children. Jooyeol turned away and began to enter the competition room. Jooyeol finished the problems quite easily. He toured in the location while waiting for final announcement. When the announcement was out, he was surprised that his name was called sooner. Kwon Jooyeol got third place in math competitions. He hoped that his father would praise him.

"third place, something’s wrong with you. Are you crazy? What’s so good when you always got the first place? You embarrassed me boy!" his father said the hurtful one instead what he wanted to hear.