Chapter 5

Save Me

The smell of fresh cut strawberries wafts through the air, making the Omega’s stomach growl, but Taehyung barely glances at the tray of food before him. The scent of the delicious fruit brings forth memories that Taehyung doesn’t want to remember, his heart clenching in pain and sorrow.

By the soft scents of spring outside, Taehyung estimates he’s been with Kai nearly a year now, and his heart clenches in pain at the thought that he’s been away from his mates and pups long enough that he can barely remember what Taegi’s face looks like.

The one thing he’s grateful for, since spring has come, is that Kai’s too busy with dealing with pack matters to come visit and inquire if he’s gained any weight. He’d found out about the doctor’s violent end through Kyungsoo, who heard it directly from Luhan when a new doctor had been chosen by Kai. The female doctor, a Beta by her scent, had assessed Taehyung, but not using the abrasive methods that the former doctor had used. Luckily, she’d told Kai that due to the slow poisoning that the former doctor had done, Taehyung was severely underweight and wouldn’t be able to hold a pregnancy until he’d gained at least 20 pounds and went through a natural heat, not the drug induced heats that the other doctor had been forcing on him.

Kyungsoo had stopped having heats as well, something that the new doctor had explained was being caused by the old doctor as well, the man had been giving the petite Omega ‘vitamins’ that were causing the increase in heats.

They didn’t know if the doctor was trying to get Kai to mate with Kyungsoo while slowly killing Taehyung or not, but Taehyung was immensely grateful for the fact he wasn’t throwing up anymore after breakfast, nor was he forced to endure Kai going into a rut every few weeks because Kyungsoo would go into heat. Taehyung’s pretty sure that at some point, Kai’s going to take Kyungsoo as his mate, seeing as Taehyung’s 99% sure that he will never be able to conceive a child with someone that isn’t Yoongi or Namjoon.

Taehyung grits his teeth against the sting of pain in his chest and both sides of his neck as he lets loose of his mental blocks to think of his mates. He’s honestly not surprised that they haven’t been able to get him out of this hell, because not only did Kai cover his tracks extremely well, but the war against the Southern Packs is starting to ramp up, and Kai has been very loose lipped with his talk of what is happing in the outside world when it comes to the war.

A knock sounds on his door, and Taehyung sighs, “Come in.” He calls softly, his fingers worrying the edge of his blanket as he stares outside the reinforced window that had been installed recently.

The new doctor had insisted either Taehyung be let outside, or can see outside so his wolf didn’t go into a depressive state. Kai had installed the window the week before, as soon as the winter snows had melted, and while Taehyung’s grateful that he can see outside, he’d much rather be allowed to go outside and feel the warmth of the sun on his face.

“Not hungry?” Kyungsoo’s voice asks.

“Yeah not really.” Taehyung tells him honestly. He feels that Kyungsoo is probably the closest thing he has as a friend in this place, though Taehyung’s wolf has told him that he shouldn’t trust the other Omega just in case anything he says or does gets back to Kai.

Kyungsoo sighs, and Taehyung feels the bed dip as the other Omega sits down next to him. “It looks warmer outside than it actually is.” He tells Taehyung, his voice somber. “I’m sure he’ll let you outside so, especially now that 2 of the pack Omega’s are pregnant.”

Taehyung snorts. “You know he won’t let me outside until I’m either pregnant or dead, and it’s more likely to be the later than the former.” He retorts.

Kyungsoo snuggles up to Taehyung, the former’s body heat warming Taehyung. “What if we convince him to mate me, I get pregnant and we pass off the pup as yours?” He asks.

Taehyung turns to look at the other Omega, shock filtering across his face as what Kyungsoo is offering registers in his mind. “Why would you sacrifice yourself for me?” He asks, eyes wide. Kyungsoo is the only one besides Luhan who knows the truth about Taehyung and Kai, and they’ve intended to keep it that way, as Kyungsoo is the only other wolf in Kai’s pack besides the doctor and her assistants that Taehyung gets to interact with.

“Let’s face it, Tae.” Kyungsoo looks at him. “No other wolf wants me as their Omega. I’ve spent too many induced heats and natural heats with you and Kai, and I think Kai’s natural scent has stuck with me because of that.” He says. Kyungsoo purposely doesn’t mention that the Pack Omegas all hate him and constantly talk about him in front of the Betas and other Alphas. “It would be easier for you if Kai mates me, because after the pup is born, you can leave, and I can take care of it. I know it can’t be easy for you being away from your pups and mates.”

Taehyung can’t help the tears that leak out from his eyes. He’s sure that he’s tried so hard to hold his longing for his pack and family inside, but he should know Omegas are the most adept at reading another’s emotions, no matter how hard you hide them. He’d done it plenty of times to Yoongi when they were still in high school. Sniffling, he buries his head into his arms, his tears increasing as he thinks of what would happen if Kyungsoo can convince Kai to mate and impregnate him instead of Taehyung.

He lets out a sob as Kyungsoo’s arms come around his shoulders, letting the fragile Omega cry out his sorrow and frustration that would allow him to harden his emotions and heal from the constant attention that Kai gives him.


A/N: Sorry this took so long. Real life has become a huge pain in my lately, with people being stupid and y, others being way too needy, and that's just at my real life full time job! I'm also going to be starting to look for a new job because I'm just not going anywhere in my job, and I've got a co-worker who has decided it's ok to bully me at work which is not ok. This is not high school, it's a damn medical office. 

Also sorry for the short chapter. I was really out of it mentally after my vacation (which was amazing and I want to go back someday!) and struggled a lot with this chapter until last weekend when I staffed a 1 day only costume party and got to sit at a booth all day and do nothing but write).

Who else is excited for BTS comeback next month!!! I still need to preorder my album but I'm like on pins and needles waiting for teaser to drop or something! Also the new pictures of BTS they uploaded to their twitter....Oh my lord...Yoongi is blonde again! *fans self*

Tell me what you think! The next chapter we are gonna see some hard core war talk (something someone had requested more of way back in the previous story) so it'll be more kai focused with a little of the rest of the Bangtan pack thrown in. Till next time loves!!