Chapter 2

Save Me

Taehyung cringes as he’s forced into the van he’d been brought to the dismal run down house that he’d stayed the night in. He knows he smells of and , and the thought of Kai’s scent all over him makes him rub his arms in disgust.

Shivering at the chill in the van, Taehyung attempts to ask for a shirt of some sorts, as his was left in tattered ruins in the run down house. His voice waivers a little from the chill he’s feeling, but none of the wolves in the vehicle look at him or acknowledge that he exists.

He can only assume he’s being taken to wherever Kai resides in the city, and judging by the way his ‘bodyguards’ don’t even bother blindfolding him or shielding his eyes from where they are going, they are very sure that Taehyung’s not going to run from them, or has a way to alert anyone of where he has been or where he is going.

The landscape becomes very familiar the further they drive into the city, and even though it’s been well over 12 hours since Taehyung has last eaten, they haven’t stopped anywhere for food, water, or even a bathroom break. Either they all have bladders of steel, or they’ve been ordered not to stop until Taehyung is safely delivered to Kai.

The gates open up, and Taehyung gets his first glimpse at the place he’ll call home. The high tech security set up at the gates, and the cameras he sees all around the enclosed complex ensure that he’ll never be able to escape on his own.

“We’ve arrived with the package.” The female’s voice echoes in the silent van. Taehyung’s body has gone from shivering to feeling too numb for comfort, and the pain is dulled significantly as the wolf closest to him grabs his bare upper arm and yanks him out of the van.

“Geez his skin is ice cold.” The wolf exclaims, tossing Taehyung onto the wet and muddy gravel driveway, and the Omega bites back a cry of pain as the cold air outside chills him even further.

The wolves who brought him leer at his bruised upper body until a cough brings their attention to the doorway leading into what Taehyung can easily see is the complex bathhouse.

He knows this place too well, having visited the Head Alpha’s home way back as an unpresented wolf with his father. The house is a traditional Korean style home, modified at one point to have a 2 story structure attached that housed the former Head Alpha’s meeting room and office, so he could keep up on everything from the comforts of his home when he wasn’t in the office that overlooked the landscape of the city.

Taehyung looks up and sees a young male standing at the front entrance to the bathhouse, a glare on his doe like face, causing some of the wolves to leer at him. “How dare you manhandle the Alpha’s mate.” He growls, and the ferocity of the growl actually causes one of the wolves to flinch. “He will not take it lightly that you did not cloth Alpha’s mate, and that you threw him on the ground like a ragdoll.”

“It is nothing but a , and you should know better than to address Head Alpha as nothing less than his appropriate title, Omega .” The female spits back as she advances on the smaller male.

“Sticks and stones and big bad wolfies may break my bones, but name calling infuriates me.” The male says calmly as the female approaches, her face a mask of pure anger.

Taehyung stares in awe as the female reaches out to grasp the male by the throat, only to have her hand knocked away, and her legs swept out from underneath her by the broom that the Omega had been holding.

“This isn’t worth it.” The male who had d Taehyung that morning growled back. “Let’s go report in. I want some breakfast and I can smell one of the Pack Omega’s in heat.”

The others don’t spare a glance at Taehyung as they leave, and the female gets up, snarling. “I will beat you into submission, .” She growls at the strange Omega before leaving, dusting off the dirt from where she’d fallen.

Taehyung stays where he is, tears threatening to fall as he shivers in the cold. “Don’t cry.” The strange male’s voice startles him. “They aren’t worth your tears or time.”

The short male helps Taehyung up, and he can smell a sweet scent from the other Omega, meaning he’s unclaimed, and probably about to go into heat, from the way his scent seems sweeter than normal. “I’m Kyungsoo, and Alpha put me in charge of getting you cleaned up and presentable.”

The name is vaguely familiar, and Taehyung studies the short, petite male as he leads Taehyung into the steaming bathhouse. Taehyung sighs involuntarily at the heat that seeps into his body, and yelps as Kyungsoo unceremoniously divests him of his sweatpants, the only article of clothing the taller Omega had seen on the floor of the abandoned house that morning.

“I can’t believe they didn’t give you a shirt or shoes.” Kyungsoo complains, clicking his tongue at the various bite marks and bruises that Kai left on the Omega’s body. He guides Taehyung to a chair in front of a mirror before stripping himself and setting to work on scrubbing Taehyung’s skin.

Kyungsoo doesn’t talk much, and Taehyung is grateful for the lack of conversation as his mind whirls in contemplation. There are several things wrong in the place that makes Taehyung extremely nervous. The first one being the mention of a Pack Omega, which Taehyung remembers learning about in his Omega History 102 class not long after he’d presented. Before the council had been formed, well before the Alpha-Beta war, Packs had a very different approach to mating and mates.

When Omegas presented at the age of 16, they were forced to a secured part of the Pack territory where they lived in a communal home where they ate, slept and helped each other out with their heats after presenting. Head Alphas back then didn’t stick with one mate. Once an Alpha was declared the Head Alpha of the pack, he would go to the secured area where the presented Omegas lived, and choose an Omega of his liking. If, by chance, the chosen Omega would conceive a pup for the Head Alpha, they were given 2 choices. Stay with the Head Alpha as a personal slave and watch over the pup growing up, or go back to the Omega area and become a Pack Omega for the Alphas and Betas who were unmated. Many of the Omegas chose the first option, as it would allow them to be close to their child, even if the Head Alpha forbid the Omega from ever informing the pup that they were the other parent.

Some Omegas who hated their Head Alphas would chose the second option, going back to the Omega area and helping out the other Omegas with their heats until the unclaimed ones would be allowed to mate with an Alpha that the Head Alpha would chose for them. Sometimes if there were multiple pups born to the Head Alpha by one Omega, he would allow freedom for the Alphas and Betas to choose mates of their own liking, clearing out that season’s presenting Omegas unless there were too many Omegas and not enough Alphas and Betas.

Those left over usually were forced to become Pack Omegas against their will, being bitten by the Head Alpha and then sent back to the Omega area where they would wait for the new batch of Alphas and Betas to present, or an Alpha who needed more than one Omega to satisfy their insatiable drive. Eventually after the Alpha-Beta wars, the council ruled to abolish the practice of Pack Omegas, formed the Heat Houses to help Omegas be safe during their heats if they were unclaimed and passed new laws prohibiting Alphas from having more than 2 mates at one time.

The suicide rates from pre-council times were high, Taehyung remembers, mostly because the stigma of being a Pack Omega was considered to be the lowest of the low, but he was about to find out that there was a position worse than being a Pack Omega as the door to the bathhouse was thrown open just as Kyungsoo had helped settle Taehyung into the hot spring bath to soak.

The wolf who comes into the bathhouse is very obviously an Omega by how she walks, and she sniffs just enough to sneer at them as she throws off her sheer robe to the floor and takes up another spot in front of the mirror and snaps her fingers. “Slave, wash me. Head Alpha is back and I intend on making him my Alpha mate tonight.” She says haughtily, ignoring Taehyung in the bathing pool.

Kyungsoo snorts and stares at her with his owlish eyes. “I have Alpha’s Mate right here.” He talks back, and Taehyung can’t help but notice how Kyungsoo’s hands tighten just a bit and his scent lets off a light sour scent to it, as if he’s legitimately scared of the other Omega.

“That thing?” She scoffs, glancing over Taehyung, barely even making eye contact with him. “He’s no better than a Pack Omega, and you know it. Now, come wash me up or do I have to go tell the Head Omega you’ve been mouthing off again?”

Kyungsoo whines lowly at the threat, and he lets go of Taehyung’s shoulders, scurrying away to gather some supplies for the female, who ignores Taehyung in favor of showing off her form in the mirror, touching her body as if she was imagining how Kai would touch her.

Taehyung found the whole display funny and grotesque at the same time, and decided on a whim to inform her of what fate awaited her should she mate with Kai. “You know, your flawless skin will be a mess of bruises and bite marks if Kai should take you as a Pack Omega mate.” Taehyung murmurs, too low to be heard across the room, but he knows that she’s heard him by how stiff her back becomes after he finishes speaking.

“How would you know, ?” She hisses after a moment, resuming her obscene display.

Taehyung smirks, looking across the pool to stare at the Omega. “I’m proof of what Kai will do to your body should he find you suitable.” He feints disinterest in her as he stares at his fingernails.

“Bold faced lies will see you whipped by the Head Omega.” She snaps suddenly, a growl heard across the room. “You will address Head Alpha properly, not by the name his mate will speak.”

“Oh, but I will see that you are whipped instead.” Kai’s voice says amusedly, standing in the doorway to the bathhouse. “You are speaking disrespectfully in front of my mate, and acting in a manner unfit of your station.”

Taehyung finds it amusing that the female Omega cowers in fear, her body shielded by stool she once sat upon. “Head Alpha, I….I mean no disrespect.” She stutters out, her scent of fear drifting over the slight steam in the air.

“I’m sure you thought he was just another Pack Omega.” Kai sneers at her, his face changing at the scent of fear in the air. “But you are nothing more than the dirt underneath his feet.” Kai moves over to where Taehyung is soaking, reaching down and grabbing the Omega by his shoulders to pull him half standing out of the water into the moist air. “Don’t listen to a word these filthy animals may say about you, my precious mate.” Kai says. “They are just jealous that you are in the position they have been fighting to gain for the last 10 years while I’ve been looking for you.”

Without any more words, Kai forces his lips onto Taehyung’s, pulling the wet Omega to his body. The scent of fear is gone and so is the female Omega by the time Kai lets go of Taehyung, admiring his swollen and bite bruised lips. Kyungsoo is the only one left in the bathhouse with Taehyung by the time Kai is done and the petite Omega bows quickly as Kai’s eyes flick over to stare at him.

“Kyungsoo, you are the only one who will be in charge of taking care of my mate.” Kai says authoritatively to the Omega. “Anyone who says otherwise should be reported directly to the Head Omega, and they will be punished.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes grew impossibly wide, making him look very owlish to Taehyung as he bowed down further in front of Kai. “Yes, Alpha. Your word is absolute and I will follow it to the letter.” He replies, sound formal to Taehyung.

Taehyung sinks gratefully back into the water, the heat soothing the aches of the bruises as Kai pats him on the head. “Make sure to have my mate dressed and ready for me by 8 in my chambers. Make sure the clothing is easy to remove.” He orders before turning on his heel and walking silently out the door.

Taehyung isn’t sure how much time goes by, the days blurring together as he’s shown off by Kai to the wolf’s rogue pack mates and the others who follow what Kai says, carrying out his orders as if they were the law. At night he’s forced to endure Kai’s ministrations as the Alpha continues to inflict new bruises and bite marks all over his body, his becoming sore and numb to the amount of times Kai’s knot has stretched him out. It becomes some sort of sick fascination to Kai sometimes when he’s particularly rough to taunt Taehyung with talk about Yoongi and Namjoon, causing Taehyung to cry in pain as his mating marks throb at the mere thought of his mates.

Before he knows it, 2 weeks have passed and he’s sitting in the room that Kai’s ordered to be cleaned up for him to stay in when he’s not being shown off to the public or having with Kai when the key turns in the door. Thinking it’s Kyungsoo with some scraps of food for him, Taehyung easily perks up, only to be disappointed as Kai walks in with a wolf who smells strongly of herbs and tonics that makes Taehyung want to gag.

“This doctor has been working on a tonic that will help you conceive the heir to this new world I’ve created.” Kai says to Taehyung, laying a soft hand on the Omega. “He needs to examine you fully to ensure things are in working order.”

Taehyung shrinks into himself. If they come up with a way for him to have a pup with someone who isn’t his mate, then the world they know will be dropped into chaos. He fights a bit with the assistants who easily hold his weakened frame down as the doctor pokes and prods at Taehyung’s flesh, tisking and muttering to himself as he works.

“He needs to eat more than scraps for meals if you want to have a healthy pup.” The doctor tells Kai as he has 2 more wolves grasp Taehyung’s legs and force the Omega’s up in the air.

The intrusion of a cold finger makes Taehyung whimper in discomfort. Kai had been particularly rough the night before, and even though the doctor has used plenty of lubrication to stretch him a bit for the probe that will examine his natural uterus and ovaries and Taehyung has to breathe through his mouth to concentrate on things other than what is actually happening.

He barely hears the conversation as the doctor tells Kai that it’ll be tough for Taehyung to conceive as he has scaring from his first pregnancy, something Taehyung’s known since the twins were born.

“I can give him a tonic that will strengthen his uterine walls, and another that will send him into a mating heat, but right now I can’t 100% guarantee that he will conceive like this.” The doctor tells Kai as the instrument is removed and Taehyung’s limbs are let go as the assistants remove themselves from the bed.

“Do whatever it takes to come up with something.” Kai orders the doctor. “I want that mating heat tonic given to him now, and the other one tonight. I want to see if he will go into a heat without either of his so called mates around.”

Taehyung curls in on himself as the others leave, the silence of the room deafening. So Kai’s plan with him is not just to get a pup, as he suspected. Taehyung chews on his bottom lip in thought until one of the doctor’s assistants comes into his room with a vial of green looking stuff that makes Taehyung’s nose wrinkle in disgust at the smell.

He’s held down when he refuses to take the vial of his own free will, and the tonic is poured down his forced open mouth by the doctor, forced to swallow it and he shudders at the warmth the tonic provides in his belly.


A/N: The next chapter will be delayed as my stepfather passed away over the weekend after a long battle with lung cancer.

I'm also pretty sick with a bad sinus infection and bronchitis, which doesn't help I haven't been this sick in several years, and am taking a pretty heavy dose of antibiotics to clear it up which means I've been sleeping 12+ hours a day. 

Work has gotten more hetic, I have new responsibilities and am getting promoted so more studying for a certifcation to be the doctor's scribe will have to take presidence over writing, and I don't know how long or hard this certification will take. 

Until next time lovelies!