Chapter 3

Save Me

Kai is in the middle of a meeting when a knock at the door and a whispered conversation with his second, a vicious Chinese Beta named Luhan, informs him that the heat tonic the doctors had given Taehyung was working, and the Omega was currently being attended to by Kyungsoo.

Kai smirks, dismissing the meeting before striding down the long hallway to the Omega’s room. He can smell and slick and sweat, and a hint of Kyungsoo’s natural scent seeping through the doorway, and his inner wolf perks up at the scent of an unmated Omega.

Kai sighs, his thoughts wondering immediately to what he should do, what he needs to do, with Kyungsoo. His inner wolf has been so obsessed with gaining Taehyung, that he stereo focused on the ideal of Taehyung willingly submitting to him like some needy Omega they used to portray in the that Kai would sneak watch as a teenaged pup.

Kai’s wolf isn’t as crazy as everyone makes it out to be. Sure he’s territorial, and gets angry easily, but his wolf also knows exactly what he wants without fail, and Kai knows better than to tell his inner wolf no on something he wants.

If his wolf wasn’t so obsessed with Taehyung, he probably would have mated Kyungsoo when he’d gone back to his parental pack, just like his parents and the Omega’s parents wanted for them when they’d both presented.

It took Kai killing Junmyeon for his parents, and the rest of his pack to realize that Kai wasn’t going to back down from his goal of obtaining Taehyung as his mate. When he’d sent Wendy into the Council to start the process of corrupting the system so he could find Taehyung, he’d been livid when he’d found out Taehyung was not only mated to Yoongi, but to Namjoon as well, and the wolf inside him had gone crazy, taking control over him as he was going to negotiate a treaty with the next pack over, and nearly killed every single shifter of the neighboring pack, except for Luhan. Their fight had ended in a truce, and Luhan agreed to become his second in exchange for his pick of the pretty Omegas that Kai had left alone.

Kai shakes his head, inhaling greedily at the scent of slick and sweat and Kyungsoo’s slight scent as he stands outside the door, his already hardened by the prospects of having Taehyung willingly submit to him during his heat.

He unlocks the door, and smirks as the sight of the two Omegas on the small bed, Taehyung writhing underneath Kyungsoo’s tongue as the younger Omega him off. “Such a good Omega.” Kai coos, his clothing already coming off after locking the door behind him.

On the bed, Taehyung whines as he s into Kyungsoo’s mouth, panting as he chases his release. The other Omega is at him reverently, tiny hands working on Taehyung as the older Omega bucks up against the warmth. The scent of an unmated Alpha’s arousal only serves to heighten the pleasure Kyungsoo is getting from working Taehyung into a sobbing mess on the bed.

Taehyung’s already realized that the tonic that had been forced down his throat was no ordinary heat tonic, as soon as he smells Kai’s wolf rousing in response to the pheromones that Kyungsoo is emitting, he moans lustily, turning his head and spotting Kai standing at the side of the bed, his already rock hard and leaking. He can’t even restrain himself from reaching out and touching the Alpha’s , squeezing him and rubbing the precum down the shaft before a shudder runs through his body as Kyungsoo’s fingers find his prostate and he cums hard into the youngers willing mouth, his back arching up as Kai’s pheromones start to choke out Kyungsoo’s sweeter scent.

When he comes down from his Kai, surprisingly, is his way into Kyungsoo’s mouth as the proof of Taehyung’s release trickles down between their lips. The whole scene is obscene and gross, and Taehyung chokes as he takes a breath and realizes that his forced heat must have triggered Kyungsoo’s heat as he can smell the sweet scent of the other Omega’s slick.

The scent of Kyungsoo fuels Kai into ripping himself away from the unmated Omega, panting as his wolf growls at the idea of having both Omegas in heat as he turns to Taehyung and finds the Omega rock hard again and himself as he watches Kyungsoo sway as Kai’s Alpha pheromones permeate the room. Taehyung’s not gone enough to know that Kai is attempting to use his pheromones to trigger Kyungsoo’s heat to worsen to fuel Kai going into a rut, but it’s the glint in Kai’s eyes that makes Taehyung wonder if Kyungsoo is just the bait for Kai’s wolf to get riled up enough to attempt to force a mating bond with Taehyung. A low keen from the end of the bed brings Taehyung’s attention back to Kyungsoo, whose face is pushed down on Kai’s , off the Alpha like he’s a special treat and Taehyung mentally winces as he realizes that Kyungsoo is scent drunk off of Kai’s pheromones.

Its information that he’ll file away for later, to poke and prod at when he’s got nothing better to do.

**

(2 weeks later)

Taehyung limps from his new bed in a freshly constructed part of the house, wincing as he feels the stinging from one of Kai’s latest bite marks on his back break open and a warm trickle of blood down his back.

He sighs as he manages to get into the connected bathroom without any other of his numerous bite marks breaking open, and he ignores the bathroom mirror in favor of turning on the faucet to the bathtub.

Taehyung doesn’t want any more reminders that he’s Kai’s personal chew toy, doesn’t want the images of his formerly flawless tan skin littered with bite marks and bruises that vary in shades of healing, his skin pale, or the defeated look in his own eyes.

Taehyung winces, taking deep breaths as he showers, the soap stinging the bite marks that aren’t fully healed. He’s sure that the concoctions that the doctor brings to shove down his throat are the reason why he’s not healing like he normally does. He’s tried fighting the doctor, and the doctor’s assistants when they come to give him his tonic, but they are all Betas and much stronger than Taehyung in his current form.

He’s not stupid enough to know that he isn’t getting enough food to sustain his body weight, his clothing becoming loose over time. Kai claims that he’s ordered for his ‘mate’ to be pampered with protein rich foods, but the meals he gets are slim pickings at best.

After his shower, Taehyung slips on the loose shirt and pants laid out for him by Kyungsoo the day before. They are made of cotton and don’t aggravate his wounds so he sighs with some relief as he sees breakfast sitting for him.

Kyungsoo comes in a half hour later to Taehyung throwing the food back up into the toilet, and he sighs. It’s been nearly 2 months since Taehyung has come to the compound, and because of the various tonics and medications that were being forced down the Omega’s throat, he’s starting to show signs of withdrawal from his mating claims, which is something Kyungsoo’s only seen once before in his life.

“Taehyung?” Kyungsoo asks when the sounds of retching stop and he hears the toilet flush.

The taller Omega comes out after brushing his teeth, his face pale and looking exhausted. “I can’t keep any food down.” He groans, sinking down on his bed and burying his face in his hands. “The last crap that doctor poured down my throat isn’t working.”

Kyungsoo sighs, going over and brushing the hair away from Taehyung’s face. “You’ll have to tell Kai about this when I take you over to the meeting.” He says. “Kai is planning on holding a press conference later today and you are required to be there.” Taehyung looks up at Kyungsoo from his spot on the bed, a frown on his face. ‘Why?” He asks, confusion on his face.

“I think he’s going to introduce you to the public. He’s been telling people for years that you are his actual mate, and that your pack kidnapped you, and beat and starved by them.”

Taehyung sighs and shakes his head. “Figures. He’s marked me up good enough that it’s entirely true that I’m bruised and bloody.” He murmurs, looking at his hands. Taehyung stands up, looking resigned.

The crowd watching Kai speak is both frightening, and a bit impressive. Taehyung’s been told to wait quietly behind a balcony doorway where Kai is speaking to the crowd of wolves who follow him, and not move until summoned.

His appearance drives the crowd crazy with murmurs and gasps of surprise as he’s manhandled into position by Luhan, who stands behind Taehyung like the Omega is planning on running away or hiding.

Taehyung chooses to ignore Kai, sometimes looking up towards nothing in the distance but mostly keeping his head down and his shoulders rounded in a public sign of defeat. He wants to be defiant, but with so many wolves loyal to Kai here, he can’t do much of anything.

The effect of Taehyung showing up next to Kai, bruised and looking absolutely wrecked has bolstered the wolves who hang onto the Alpha’s words like gospel, and within a few weeks, Taehyung hears through Kyungsoo that fighting has broken out between Kai’s pack and some of the Southern Packs.

The war that Kai has been pushing for, Taehyung thinks later that day, as the doctor comes to inspect him again. Every few weeks or so, the doctor comes to see if any of the medicinal tonics that are forced down his throat work, failing to see that Taehyung has lost more weight each time a new tonic fails to do what they want.

The cycle continues, warping Taehyung’s sense of time as he grows weaker and frailer the longer he’s away from his mates. He doesn’t ever remember Jin talking about how shifters could die if they were separated from their mate for too long, but Taehyung thinks that if it was a possibility, then this would be what other wolves who’ve died of separation and heartache would feel.

Kyungsoo has been more than helpful to him, thought the unmated Omega has been going into heats more often, and Taehyung wonders if maybe the tonics are causing a secondary effect to happen, and it brings back the memory of Jimin and Hoseok when the Beta had been attacked and nearly taken away from them.

It reminds Taehyung he needs to ask Kyungsoo if the other Omega knows anything about that, and Taehyung realizes he doesn’t know much about Kyungsoo other than the fact he’s not mated, and no one else in Kai’s compound wants to mate the Omega, regardless of his rank.