Chapter 13 (full chapter!)

Save Me

Taehyung huffs as the door clicks shut, though it’s not lost on his mind that Kai hasn’t bothered to lock the door. Shifting, he groans quietly as his body protests the change in forms. He’s been in his wolf form more just trying to conserve the energy he has, as the last time Kai had visited, he’d brought barely enough food to last a month, let alone the 2 months he’d been gone.

Taehyung knows that now is his chance to escape and return to his mates, but a part of him hesitates due to the weak state his body is in from lack of food. He doesn’t have long to wonder if he should flee, as the door flies open, and he jumps back in shock from the sudden noise and movement.

“Taehyung? Is that really you?”

Taehyung sobs, the tears suddenly leaking from his eyes as his mating marks burn.  “Al---alpha!” He’s reduced to a blubbering mess as he can make out Namjoon’s features through his sudden tears.

His Alpha mate grows closer, and Taehyung’s heart jump starts into a crazy pattern of excitement, fear, and happiness and he throws himself in to Namjoon’s arms as the scent of both of his mates is recognized in his olfactory senses.

“Taehyung.” Yoongi’s voice is the next to sound in his ears, and the tears grow thicker as Taehyung sobs, feeling Yoongi coming up to them and enveloping him from behind to cocoon Taehyung between them.

“Is he? Oh.” A voice that Taehyung doesn’t recognize filters into the sobs of the mates, as both Yoongi and Namjoon lower Taehyung down to the mess of blankets, the Omega’s legs giving out at the sheer relief his body undergoes from reuniting with his mates after 5 years of captivity.

It’s surreal, being back in their arms, something Taehyung was worried would never happen. If Kai hadn’t left the door unlocked, would they have been able to find him? He starts, his tears slowly decreasing as he realizes that his kidnapper would be back to find them all there. “We…we have to leave! Kai is going to come back here and find you two and kill you!” He starts hyperventilating at the thought of Yoongi or Namjoon being hurt because of Kai.

“Taehyung! Calm down! Kai won’t catch us. He won’t hurt us.” Namjoon pats Taehyungs cheeks to get the hysterical Omega to calm down.

“He’s going to come back here and kill you and then me, and oh gods, we have to leave!” Taehyung in a lungful of air, and nearly chokes as a noise from behind Namjoon startles him. He grips Yoongi’s arms so hard that the Beta whimpers from the forceful pressure that Taehyung has on him.

Taehyung’s scent becomes clouded with panic, the smell unfamiliar after 5 years away from each other, and Yoongi looks at Namjoon as Taehyung goes limp in their arms, his iron grip on Yoongi’s arms falling away as the Omega faints from being overwhelmed from the sudden onslaught of emotions from being reunited with his mates.

**

Taehyung wakes up sometime later, his body cocooned by the scents and bodies of his mates on either side of him as he stretches and realizes that they are together on a bed, one that smells faintly familiar and he groans softly as his body protests the stretch. He can feel how thin his body has become, and he startles easy as he realizes that his wolf is much more aware and saner compared to before when he’d been stuck in his old Pack house, isolated by Kai and forced to go nearly feral to protect himself from going insane with loneliness.

He takes a deep breath, nearly chokes at the potency of the scents from his mates, and his wolf cries in happiness and relief that they are finally back together, but Taehyung can tell that something isn’t quite right yet. Yoongi is the first to stir beside him, having always been more in tuned with Taehyung than Namjoon. 5 years apart hasn’t changed Yoongi’s instincts when it comes to Taehyung, and the Beta has to poke Taehyung in the cheek to get the Omega to turn and look at him. “Hi.” He whispers, a smile crossing his face.

“Hi.” Taehyung replies shyly, his voice hoarse from disuse.

“Are you feeling better?” Yoongi asks softly, worry coloring his scent as Taehyung takes a deep breath in.

“I….” Taehyung frowns. “I’m not sure. A part of me is worried that I’ve gone completely feral, and that I’m dreaming, or that Kai’s gone and killed me.” He snuggles down into Yoongi’s embrace, his heartbeat slowing down again as he relaxes in the Beta’s arms. “I just don’t want this to be a dream. I want this to be real…” He trails off, words slurring as his wolf pulls him back into sleep, so he can heal and rest. Yoongi watches as Taehyung’s face relaxes and sighs as Namjoon turns carefully, trying not to wake up their recovering mate.

“Kai has ed his mind up more than anything I’ve ever dreamed possible.” Namjoon chokes out, his eyes full of tears.

Yoongi reaches out, resting his hand on Namjoon’s cheek, allowing the Alpha to nuzzle into his touch for comfort. “Kai’s going to have a lot to pay for, especially once things get calmed down after the end of the war.” He says as Namjoon’s tears drip down his face and onto Yoongi’s hand.

They’d hoped to find Taehyung sane and healthy and just bored from lack of attention from others, but neither of them had expected to find their Omega half touch starved, and nutritionally starved from neglect from Kai.  As Taehyung sleeps, Namjoon keeps him cuddled close, in case the Omega wakes up from his slumber and freaks out again. Yoongi gets up, going downstairs to cook some much-needed breakfast for the 3 of them, choosing simple and easy to eat items that Namjoon thought Taehyung would be more likely to eat.

They would have to wait until Taehyung wakes up before they can start finding out the extent of the damage Kai has done to their precious mate, but for now, they’ll start off small, working their way up to getting Taehyung back to a new normal for him, as they both are aware that Taehyung will never fully be able to go back to how he used to be, not with the current undertone of sickness that betrays his scent to them.

Taehyung wakes again later in the day, his scent a little less sickly than the morning. It’s Namjoon’s thought that a nice pampered bath with his mates would help relax Taehyung and help jumpstart the repairs to their bond, which has been stretched thin from being a part far too long. They help Taehyung into the bathroom, as the Omega admitted that he’s not spent much time in his human form lately due to Kai’s neglect. Nothing else is said as the scent of Yoongi’s favorite bath bomb fills the air as Yoongi and Namjoon help their mate out of his clothes and into the warmth of the bath. Taehyung is practically pampered by his mates as they refuse to let him scrub the grime and filth off his body, and the sick smell of his scent starts to decrease as they work. Taehyung’s hair is dulled from malnutrition, and his body is so thin that his ribs stick out alarmingly. His skin has lost the sunkissed look he’d sported most of his life from being held captive.

Once they are done, Yoongi goes to fetch some clothing as Namjoon tenderly dries Taehyung’s hair, the Omega nearly asleep again with how warm his body feels again. Taehyung hadn’t realized how used to being cold he was until his mates rescued him.

Once they are all dressed, Yoongi carries Taehyung downstairs, though Namjoon tries to protest that he could do the same. “We all know you’d probably trip over nothing while going down the last stair and we’d both go flying down on the floor.” Taehyung laughs at Namjoon’s pout. It was nice to know his Alpha mate was still as clumsy as ever.

Lunch is a simple affair of fruits and light carbs as Namjoon has a feeling Taehyung’s body is going to reject a lot of the richer foods that he used to eat back before he was kidnapped. The Omega can only swallow a few mouthfuls before his stomach protests the nutrition, and he gags at the next attempt at a bit of an orange before Namjoon takes it from him.

“I think we should take it slow.” He says as Taehyung coughs.

Yoongi leaves the fruit he knows won’t spoil by being left out, the rest put into containers and put away in the fridge for consumption.

“I’m sorry.” Taehyung whispers. “I’m such a useless Omega. I can’t even do anything for myself.” The scent of sadness fills the air as Taehyung sniffs, his head hanging down, his dark hair covering his face.


A/N: Well the chapter is finally up! Hopefully it won't take me several months to get the next chapter up! Things are slowing down a little at work, though my convention work is starting up again (we just announced our convention dates for Nov, so yeah...).  I am hard at work on the next chapter though!

Also who else is excited for BTS stadium tour!! Yes I'm going to see them again with friends and I'm so excited! Let me know what you think of the chapter in the comments!