Chapter 14

Save Me

They aren’t sure when the nightmares start. At first, Taehyung’s recovery seems to be going slowly, which Namjoon had expected, considering the level of mental and emotional abuse that Kai had inflicted upon the fragile Omega.

Jin comes over to help assess Taehyung’s physical health, commenting on the Omega’s weight, and talking nutrition and how to help reintroduce the foods that the Omega will need to regain the weight back that he’s lost the last 5 years thanks to the various potions he’d been forced to drink and then the near starvation level amounts of food he’d been given while helping Kyungsoo during his pregnancy before being sequestered back at their former territory house.

The first time they found Taehyung in his wolf form in the closet down in the basement of the house, buried underneath the blankets that smelt the strongest of the 3, Namjoon chalked it up to the fact they’d gotten word through Jin the day before that Kai had been brought publicly to trial for his war crimes.

Originally the UN council wanted Taehyung to testify against Kai, but Namjoon had sent in a detailed report about how much recovery Taehyung was going to need in order to even be reintegrated into his own pack, and Jin had even had to send in his own report about Taehyung’s physical health, sparing no details about how much damage had been done to the Omega’s body. With the amount of details in each report, the UN had decided there was enough evidence on paper for them to proceed without Taehyung’s testimony in court, though they had asked for a quick written account of the whole affair, to which Taehyung had sent in a simple, one page account, spelling out that he’d been repeatedly , threatened with death if he didn’t comply with the Alpha’s orders and used as a human experiment for potions to see if he could conceive without his true mates breeding him, and that as a result, he would never have pups again.

No one had to tell Taehyung with words that he would never be able to have another pup ever again, thanks to all the damage the potions and elixirs that Kai’s deranged physician had made him swallow, the Omega knew based off the sadness he’d felt from Jin after the eldest Omega had looked over his body. Deep down inside, Taehyung knew that his body’s ability to produce pups was forever damaged.

His inner Omega mourned the loss of being able to pup again for his mates, and it slows his recovery, the nightmares of Kai finding him and taking him back to that house and locking him up by himself again becoming more frequent until he wakes up crying and screaming from them so frequently neither Namjoon or Yoongi can sleep.

Jin finishes pulling the needle out of Taehyung’s arm, the Omega zoned out in an exhausted daze caused by the nightmares while Namjoon blearily looks on. Yoongi’s sacked out next to the Omega, exhaustion painted across his face as he holds onto his mate. “I’m sorry it has to come to this.” Jin says as he feels Taehyung’s pulse on his wrist as the Omega’s eyes start to close.

Namjoon sighs, his shoulders falling as he relaxes. The scent of Omega in distress dissipates from Namjoon’s senses as the tranquilizer takes effect. “No, I’m sorry that I haven’t been a good enough mate to him and Yoongi and we let things happen so long ago with Kai.” He said, and Jin can distinctly smell the scent of tears falling.

“Joonie, I know we haven’t been able to talk much as a Pack since things happened, and with Tae being gone for the last 5 years, but maybe we need to sit down and talk about things.” Jin says. “You need to talk with someone. Bottling things up isn’t good for you, you know that.”

Namjoon nods, sniffling and taking the tissue box that Jin hands him silently as the older Omega turns to him. “I know. We were on the run from Kai for so long, and then we tried to find Tae for the last 5 years that I don’t think we know how to function as a trio right now, let alone a Pack.” Namjoon sighs as the tears slip down his cheeks. “I know I need to talk to someone, but who do I talk to that I can trust? I worry that the doctors that came in after the UN took over will want to come take a look at Taehyung, that they’ll want to look at our pups. I worry that they’ll be taken away from us.”

Jin nods. “All very understandable. Maybe there is someone Ravi could find that would be unbiased with everything that’s happened? I mean, he has been very good to us since we came here, and very understanding of our situation.”

Namjoon nods at the suggestion. “Could you go talk to him for me hyung? I don’t want to leave Tae alone right now with the nightmares and all.” He says, gesturing towards his mates. Taehyung curled up against Yoongi as the Beta sleeps more soundly since Taehyung’s pheromones have stopped pumping out stress markers to them. It’s the first real sleep Yoongi’s gotten in the last 3 days.

Jin looks over at Namjoon, can see the exhaustion painted on the Alpha’s face. “You should get some sleep while the tranquilizer works.” He advises. “You’ve got 4, maybe 5 hours tops, depending on how his body processes the medication. I’ll go talk to Ravi about someone you can talk to. I’ve got to go see him about getting more tranquilizer sent down from the capital anyway if Tae is going to have any more nightmares. This was the last one in the clinic, and it was expired by a month since we don’t use them much here anyway.”

Namjoon nods as Jin packs up his things, the syringe with the needle safely tucked away so it won’t stick anyone. “Thank you Jin.” He says as he crawls into the bed with his mates. “Tell the others that when Tae gets better, we’ll try to come over for a visit.”

Jin nods as he finishes packing his things, and before he can even give his goodbyes, he can hear Namjoon snoring already in the bed, curled up against his mates as the trio sleeps. Jin sighs, pulling the blankets up around Namjoon and tucking a stray hair behind Taehyungs head before leaving the bedroom and heading downstairs.

The lump in his throat builds as he drops off his things at the clinic, heading towards the offices where Ravi does Pack business, the VIXX Alpha preferring to keep his work separate from his home life unlike some other Alphas who have their offices attached to their homes.

“Alpha’s a very busy man.” Kim Sejeong says in a bored tone of voice as she sits behind the secretary desk of the main Pack office. “I can pencil you in for a quick meeting in a couple of days.”

Jin sighs, running a hand through his hair. “It’s about the medical supplies, we were told if we needed something special, we could request a quick meeting about it.”

Sejeong sighs as she types something into the computer at the desk, her long fingernails clacking on the keys lazily. “I will relay the message and if he wants to see you sooner than what I have put you down for, then we’ll let you know.” She fixes a glare at him as if he’s interrupting her favorite daytime drama.

Jin internally sighs. At this point, he will have to settle for it, and hope that he doesn’t get scolded by the other doctors at the clinic when he goes back to tell them about the delay in the meeting. He takes the card from Sejeong when she hands it to him, the date and time of his meeting with Ravi listed on it and bows politely to the Beta before leaving the office to head back to the clinic. He has some research to do before he’s needed again to help with Taehyung, the nightmares that the Omega is having is worrying him and while Taehyung can claim that he has come to terms with the fact that he knows he can no longer have pups with his mates, Jin can tell that it bothers him more than he lets on. He should know best after all. He’s only pupped once for Jungkook, and just recently went through his second miscarriage, something he’d chosen not to share with his mate, only because he had just figured it out before the miscarriage had happened. He didn’t even have time to mourn the loss as he’d been called over to help with Taehyung.

He doubts there is much they could do to bring back Taehyung’s ability to have pups, having seen first hand the damage that was done to Taehyung’s body when he’d been in for a full exam at the clinic. Scar tissue lined the inside of his uterus so thick that it still makes Jin shudder to think about.

Instead, Jin settles down in front of his small desk at the clinic with some books on depression and Omegan post partum depression and loss of fertility to see if he can gain any insights to talking with Taehyung about his feelings to see if they can get the nightmares to lessen any or at least get Taehyung able to control himself so he doesn’t end up in the basement closet again with Yoongi crying on the other side of the door to let him in so Taehyung doesn’t hurt himself.

Jin sighs, checking the time and seeing he’s got a couple of hours left before the tranquilizer starts wearing off, so he finishes up the notes he has before letting the others in the clinic know he’s going to head out. He needs to check in with his mate and the rest of the pack, maybe grab some stuff of the twins to bring over for the trio to scent before taking back over. He figures depending on how Taehyung handles coming out of the tranquilizer, they could be in for a long night.


A/N: Happy 2020!! YES this really is a chapter! I am so so sorry that it took me 10 months to get this out. A lot has happened in the last 10 months. 

I didn't intend for this chapter to take 10 months to do, but for some reason, whatever I started writing, I hated, erased, rewrote, hated, and rewrote again several times. What I wanted for the chapter originally was much different than what you just read, and I just couldn't get the words to come out right, no matter how I did it. Some of you may follow my Twitter or have seen my sporatic status updates here know in May, a week before BTS played their sold out Soldier Field concert in Chicago, my beloved 18 and a half year old cat Midnight passed away from sudden heart failure. It devestated me. I'm 99% sure I'm still learning to accept that he's gone. Grief is a funny thing like that. I literally could not write a single thing after that. He was a huge part of my writing process and even now it still feels odd to sit down to write without him curling up in between my keyboard and me and purring away as I type with some sort of music going on in the background. I'm slowly getting back into writing. I can't promise the next chapter will be up anytime soon though. I don't think we have much more to go in terms of chapters though, but we'll see how things work out.

Anyway, let me know what you think! I hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Years!