Chapter 9

Save Me

The ride back to their Pack house is quiet. Yoongi had woken a couple hours after Namjoon, and refused to say a word until they were back in their Pack house, eating the meal that Jin had thrown together.

“Taehyung’s alive and from what we could tell of his scent on Kai, doing well enough.” Yoongi informs them between bites. “Kai’s a sadistic of an Alpha, but I don’t think he’s treating Tae badly.”

Namjoon nods his head in agreement. “Tae’s scent on him wasn’t strong though, like he’s not being forced to share his bed or anything,” He says.

“That means there is hope that Tae will come back to us.” Yoongi finishes.

“But how bad his mental health will be when he does come back is something we need to worry about the most.” Namjoon adds.

Pretty soon the encounter with Kai is left behind as they focus on more pressing matters, like the increased fighting at the war line, and how they are going to help provide support for the wolves fighting.

Hours turn into days, and days into weeks, weeks into months before new news of Taehyung pops up for everyone to see.

“They’re saying that Kai’s mate is pregnant.” One of Ravi’s wolves says as Jin’s waiting to get his yearly checkup at the clinic. His last heat had been incredibly short, which isn’t surprising since Jimin went on heat suppressants right after Hope had been born, and was just now weening himself off them.

Heat suppressants were not meant to be used long term, and with Jimin’s history, the VIXX doctor hadn’t wanted Jimin to be on them more than 3 months at a time, to let his body have a heat naturally at least once before he could go back on them for another 3 months.

Jin sighs as he’s given a clean bill of health, though no answers as to why he’s not able to hold a viable pregnancy again. On the way back to the Pack house, he’s heard several wolves talking about Kai and news from the north, which makes Jin shiver. If Taehyung’s really pregnant by Kai, then that means he’s either figured out how to bypass the twin mating marks on Taehyung’s neck, or Kai’s scientists have figured out a concoction to allow one to become pregnant by someone who isn’t their mate.

The Pack house is in chaos when he arrives, and Hoseok and Jimin look up at him while they are corralling the pups as he can hear someone scream downstairs.

“What is going on?” Jin asks as he slips his shoes off.

“I’m sure you’ve heard the news by now.” Jimin says wincing as another scream comes. Jin thinks it’s sounds suspiciously like Yoongi, but doesn’t say anything as he nods in response.

“The wolves at the clinic were talking about it when I was in for my checkup.” Jin replies, looking around for his mate, and sighing in relief that Jungkook seemed to not be on the main floor.

“Jungkook is downstairs with Yoongi hyung.” Hoseok supplies to Jin’s unanswered question.

“Oh…” Jin winces as they all hear something crash downstairs.

“Maybe we should take the pups out somewhere.” Jimin suggests as they start hearing Yoongi swearing. “We don’t need them picking up on….that.” He implies about the swearing.

Jin winces as another shout sounds from downstairs, this time recognizing it as Jungkook and he instinctively hunches in on himself. Jungkook doesn’t get mad easily, and Jin hasn’t seen his young mate mad since that fateful day that he’d presented while protecting Jin from the adult Alphas who’d cornered him when he’d gone into heat prematurely. “Yeah, that might be a good idea.” He replies to Jimin, already moving toward the closet to grab their play kit bags for the pups. “Get some snacks from the kitchen and we’ll go to the backyard.” He’s not willing to go any further, just in case Jungkook and Yoongi need him. Namjoon might be the head Alpha in their little pack, but Jin is definitely the head Omega and takes his role seriously. Even if he’s not a doctor with the Council anymore, he still feels that duty to care for those he loves.

The pups are glad for a chance to get outside, and Jin can see Hoseok visibly relax as they get away from the obvious emotional breakdown that Yoongi is having.

Jungkook, on the other hand, is glad that Jin has taken the others outside and away from Yoongi, who alternates between screaming in pain, crying, and staring off into space before crying and starting the cycle over again. He’d come home from the Beta sparring fields with the young pups who are going to be presenting in the next year, preparing them for eventually going to help supplement the front lines of the war that is still raging on in its 5th year, with tears in his eyes, his voice weak and stuttered through a garbled explanation to Jungkook and Hoseok when they’d expressed shock at his open emotional state.

Jungkook can’t believe it. Never in his wildest nightmares had he ever though someone would manage to break through the innate mating codes that programmed their bodies into procreating only for their mate. He watches Yoongi break down, being the protector over his Hyung, reminded of when he stood protectively over Jin’s shaking form the day he’d presented as an Alpha prematurely.

“Hyung.” Jungkook tries to catch Yoongi’s attention as he transitions from crying to staring off into space again. The Beta ignores him, and Jungkook can feel his wolf frowning mentally. “Hyung please.” He pleads. “Just….just talk to me yeah? I know your hurting, I bet Namjoon hyung is hurting too. I...” Jungkook swallows. He knows that Yoongi has been in love with Taehyung for a long time, probably before Namjoon ever showed up in their lives, and he can still remember the first time that he’d met the Beta and Omega that day that they’d found out Namjoon had been jumped on his way home. “I can’t begin to know how you feel, but I want you to tell me how you feel.”

“ off.” Yoongi’s voice is hoarse, raw from the combination of crying and screaming. His eyes are bloodshot red and starting to look swollen from all the crying he’s done. The Beta grips his hair in his hands, a scream forcing itself out of his throat, sounding ragged and raw as Yoongi’s wolf lets his sorrow out.

Jungkook’s a little bit surprised that Yoongi hasn’t shifted into his wolf form, but his own wolf side reminds him that Yoongi’s always had better control over his wolf nature than any other member of their small Pack. “HYUNG!” Jungkook exclaims, worry clouding his voice into a deeper pitch than he wants. “Do you think Taehyung hyung would want you to be like this?” He asks, looking at Yoongi across the room. “How do you think Namjoon hyung is feeling? Don’t you want to be comforting him too as your other mate?”

“Shut your mouth brat.” Yoongi snarls. “You don’t know about what I’m feeling right now!”

“I know that your feelings are amplified because of Namjoon hyung.” Jungkook counters. “You need to separate his feelings from your own, because his are bleeding through!”

Yoongi screams, turning and pushing bottles and other stuff from the low vanity situated next to the heat supply closet, the sounds of crashing bottles and liquids filling the room.

Jungkook winces as Yoongi’s scream tapers off into a choked cry, the Beta sliding down by the broken shards of glass on the floor, holding his head in his hands. He just hopes that Yoongi hasn’t actually hurt himself, or he’ll never hear the end of it from Jin.

“I’m such a bad mate.” Yoongi’s wrecked voice chokes out. “I’ve failed him. I’ve failed my Omega and Alpha.” Yoongi’s voice is so full of pain and suffering that even Jungkook’s wolf shudders in sympathy.

Jungkook watches Yoongi shudder and shake as he cries, waiting to see if he goes into another screaming rage or not, but it seems like the last rage had wiped his energy, the crying giving way to an occasional whimper as Yoongi seems to sag in exhaustion. “Sleep hyung.” Jungkook whispers, hoping that his voice doesn’t startle the Beta as his head slumps forward and his breath evens out for the most part, with an occasional hiccup. Jungkook sighs in relief, though he worries for Namjoon, and how the Alpha is faring while he’s away from the Pack.

 

A/N: Sorry for the late update, my mom had some health issues that required immediate attention. I feel like I'm rushing this one, as I type this note out, my husband and our basement renter are filling up our vehicle to go on a week long hiking/camping vacation. I hope to have a lot more written while we are gone, so look foward to it!  Let me know what you think in the comments below!

Also I am totally in love with the new BTS album!! Magic Shop and Anpanman are totally my favorite tracks!