Chapter 6

Save Me

2 weeks later….

“I don’t care what those damn mutts say.” Kai roars as he stands in front of his war council. “I will not give Taehyung back to the Pack who held him hostage from me. He’s mine!” He growls threateningly at the wolf who had made the suggestion.

The shifter wilts underneath Kai’s wolf emerging in aggression, backing away slowly with his hands raise. “It was only a suggestion Head Alpha! The generals on the fields are worried that the Southern wolves are going to continue to push forward against our wolves.” He rushes out, seeing Kai’s expression darken.

“Well, push forward with the tonic project.” Kai snarls. “We need to punish those who chose to hide my mate from me. They deserve death for disobeying me.” He seethes, his face red and his breathing fast and hard.

The others around the table shift in their chairs, murmurs growing as they set about discussing options for getting more of the latest tonic to come out of the Council’s labs.

It had taken several doctors to convince the ones who hadn’t fled the Council chemistry labs to start making the tonics that had been concocted by the now dead doctor, brewing up several batches for the wolves who were just about to come of age.

Those wolves now were the shifters at war against the Southern Packs, being commanded by the higher Alphas that Kai had appointed to his council well before they’d taken control of the capital city. Most of the wolves who’d taken the tonic were on the front lines, holding the border between the North and the South that had been drawn the moment Kai declared war against the Southern Packs who chose to go against him.

“Head Alpha, we will ship out more tonic for the wolves who haven’t taken it, and push the line separating the North and South further south to the next city.” The first general who’d spoken up to him says after the rest of the group quiets down.

“I want to know the moment you overtake the next lines of cities.” Kai snarls, and then slams the door on his way out of the meeting room. His shifter is seething with rage and the only think Kai can think of to release the anger is to go out to the yard where some work out equipment is hanging for the various Pack members who stay in the compound to use.

He’d go take his frustrations out on Taehyung, but the new Pack doctor in charge of his case had strongly suggested he not have with the Omega since the previous doctor had nearly killed him from the poisonous tonics he’d been given.

The reinforced punching bag will have to do until he’s calmed down enough to go see if the Omega would at least give him a , to take the edge off so he can go back to planning how he’s going to torture Namjoon and Yoongi once he gets his hands on them. He’d like to think that he’d make Taehyung watch as he tortures the two who took Taehyung away from him, but his rational side knows it’ll be more satisfying and cruel to go to Taehyung after satisfying his blood lust on the Alpha/Beta pair, and letting Taehyung smell the scent of the two former mates on his skin before ing him into the mattress. He wonders if just the scent of those two would trigger a natural heat in Taehyung, opening up the pathway for the Omega to become pregnant with his pup.

Kai shakes his head, chasing away the image of Taehyung swollen with his pup, feeling stirring in his pants. At least he’s not seething in anger anymore.

**

Taehyung barely sees Kai for nearly 4 months, grateful for the reprieve in being accosted by the Alpha. Kyungsoo’s had one heat since their talk, one of the worst ones he’s ever had, lasting nearly a week and a half before breaking.

Even though Taehyung’s not allowed outside yet, he does get to roam the wing of the compound that’s reserved exclusively for him and Kyungsoo, something recently granted to him by Kai after the new doctor had told him that Taehyung’s health wasn’t getting any better, and that regular exercise would help.

He can hear the sounds of something being constructed around the outside of his wing of the compound during the time Kyungsoo is kept away during his heat, but he can’t tell what it is when he looks outside the windows.

Another Pack Omega who looks like they’ve been newly presented brings Taehyung his meals while Kyungsoo is in heat, leaving them at a table just inside the door that connects Taehyung and Kyungsoo’s wing to the rest of the house, barely interacting with the older male.

He makes it a priority to ask the doctor the next time she comes to check his weight and vital signs, sighing fitfully as she finishes marking down her findings in the notebook she carries. It’s proof to Kai that Taehyung’s at least stabilized in weight, though he notes that he’s gained only 2 pounds since the last weigh in.

The doctor looks up at him, pats him on the knee and smiles kindly. “What’s on your mind Head Alpha’s Mate?”

Taehyung blinks, surprised that the doctor is willing to listen to him. “Why does the Pack Omega who is bringing meals for me barely interacting with me?” He asks bluntly, deciding that beating around the bush would be counterproductive to what he wants to know.

“Ah, I was wondering if you’d ask that.” She replies, packing up her items slowly. “We’re limiting the amount of pheromones that could cause Kyungsoo’s heat to last longer. He’s already had some internal scarring from the frequent heats forced upon him by the deranged doctor before me.” She tells him. “We also don’t want to trigger you into a false heat since the poison that was making you sick also was causing you scarring.”

Taehyung blinks. “I thought the poison was just slowly killing me?”

The doctor shakes her head. “Not long ago we found a secret journal that the previous doctor kept of all the poisons and toxic tonics that he was brewing just for you and Kyungsoo.” She informs him. “The last few that he forced upon you were mixed with the same potion that was causing Kyungsoo’s frequent heats, which is why it seemed you two were always in heat together, causing Head Alpha’s ruts.”

“So is that why we’re apart?” Taehyung’s not stupid, and knows that there’s a reason why Kyungsoo’s been kept in the infirmary for his heat this time, but hadn’t been told why.

“Yes. Kyungsoo’s body is having a harder time resetting his cycle, and we fear that his pheromones may still hold a bit of the poison that could trigger you and make things worse.” The doctor says. “He’s almost done with this cycle, so he should be coming back soon.”

Taehyung wants to ask her about if Kai has visited Kyungsoo or not, but holds back as it seems the doctor is ready to leave. She smiles kindly at him. “Don’t worry. I won’t let anything bad happen to you anymore Taehyung.” It’s the first time she’s called him by his name and not Head Alpha’s Mate. “I was told everything by Kyungsoo.” She adds. “I am on board to help him mate with Head Alpha and get you back to your rightful mates.” The doctor is whispering the last sentence. One could never be too careful that there aren’t extra eyes or ears hanging around to catch wind of betrayals.

Taehyung relaxes, smiling at the doctor. “Thank you.”

The doctor smiles back, then fixes her face into a calm mask of indifference. “I’ll be back in 2 weeks to check the progress of your healing.” She says in a normal voice. “If things are going well, then Head Alpha will be pleased.”

With those last words, she slips out the door, and leaves it partially open as she walks down the hallway, and Taehyung can hear the murmur of the guard at the door of the hallway speaking to her about how much time she took to examine Taehyung.

He snorts in disgust. Everything is timed around him, except for Kyungsoo, since the other Omega is living in the same wing as he is. Taehyung knows there are 3 other rooms in his wing, locked and unused, waiting for the day that he becomes ‘pregnant’ and pups for Kai.

Unless Kyungsoo is the one getting pregnant, Taehyung’s 100% sure those rooms will never be filled with pups. Kai might be hopeful that the doctors will find a concoction that will enable him to become pregnant by someone who isn’t his mate, but Taehyung knows better. His marks from his mates may appear to be faded and old to any old shifter’s eyes, but he can still see the bond in them, even though it’s been close to 2 years now that he thinks he’s been gone from his family.


A/N: sorry for the long wait between chapters. Life has been pretty hectic! We got a new doctor at my workplace (I'm a nurse IRL), and I ended up become one of his nurses, so it's been a lot of work getting him settled into the practice and getting protocols down for him. Also I'll be on a mini-hiatus until mid November, possibly December. The convention I help staff each year is coming up (Nov 10th to the 12th, it's called Anime Nebraskon), and so I'm super busy with last minute convention work to get things ready for the big weekend. I'm also participating in NaNoWriMo again this year, and I'm super excited for the project I'll be working on. Yes it's another BTS fic, and yes it's werewolf centered, but the world is completely different than other wolf fics I've written. 

Anywhoo I hope you enjoy this chapter. I at writing fighting scenes in this AU apparently but am hoping to get some war time action into the next chapter!