Capitulo Siete

Enamorarse de Nuevo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Class ends at three, but I’m probably going to stay in the workshop until I finish my project.” Yoona turns to her boyfriend and pecks him on the lips. “I’ll text you when I’m done.”

Changwook nods and watches her head into the art building before leaving the campus. On his way home, he spots a familiar looking Yankees hat, that he could have sworn has been following him since they left her apartment. Remaining calm, he picks up his pace and changes his destination.

 

After five blocks of turning at the most random, Changwook’s certain he’s being followed. Three blocks later, he enters a tourist site, that’s forever packed. He takes off his jacket and picks up a baseball cap off one of the tourist while squeezing in between tourists, blending into the crowd. He sneaks a glance at his stalker, good that put some distance between them. As soon as the crowd starts thinning out, Changwook runs at full speed.

He runs for a good minute before rounding the corner and hides behind a garbage truck. A couple minutes later the stalker turns onto the alley Changwook is in. Right as the assailant's about to pass, Changwook grabs him by the wrist and tackles him into the wall. “What do you want?” He growls out in Spanish.

The stranger chuckles and uses his left leg for a side kick which Changwook blocks. Taking advantage of his distraction the assailant frees his wrist and attempts to punch him. Changwook dodges it and delivers a punch of his own while slipping one of his leg around the assailant’s. Interlocking their legs, Changwook shoves his elbow into the attacker’s throat. They struggle for another few minutes before the attacker finally gives up and says, “You’re going rusty,” in Korean.

He knows that voice. Changwook loosens his hold on the unknown man. “I could say the same to you.” A corner of his mouth curves up.

“I was going easy on you.”

“Mmmhmmm.” Changwook responds skeptically as the man takes off his cap, revealing his face. He is indeed who Changwook thought he was. Lee Minho, a fellow soldier he trained with.

“I’m serious, I followed you all around yesterday. You didn’t even notice.” Misinterpreting Changwook’s frown as disbelief, Minho pulls out his phone and shows his comrade the pictures he took yesterday.

, Changwook mentally swears. There are several pictures, one is of him and Yoona lazing on the couch, another them getting groceries and some photos of them going and coming out of a restaurant...he definitely followed them all day. “Did you send this to HQ?”

Minho shakes his head and puts his phone back in his pocket. “Out of all our buddies, I never thought you could go domestic. Imagine what the guys would say if they knew the top soldier fell for some college student.” Minho nudges Changwook teasingly. “So what was it about her that drew you in?”

The frown on Changwook’s face eases a little. If HQ knew about Yoona it would not be good. “So what are you doing here? Are you supposed to be in Bali?”

“I was, but got called in a couple days ago.” Minho points towards the streets and they both head out of the alley. “Boss asked me to drop by, saying something about you not ordering a plane ticket?”

It’s almost been three weeks since he got the call. When he told Yoona he would have to leave, she asked him to stay. He’s been considering it.

When Changwook didn’t reply, Minho adds, “Don’t tell me you’re seriously considering staying for her. You know we can’t. We have our duties not to mention once you are out of the honeymoon phase you’ll notice your differences more than your similarities.”

“I know I just…” He runs his fingers through his hair. “I haven’t found the right time.”

“Then go home and buy that ticket.” Minho urges and stops in his track. “Because if you don’t...you know what will happen to her.” He uses his thumb and slides it on his neck. Changwook has no doubt the man will do as he exactly says. That’s what they were trained to do after all. “Nothing personal.”

Even if Minho hadn’t threatened to kill Yoona, HQ would as soon as they found out she’s the reason that’s holding him back. Heck, they probably wouldn’t even give him a warning. “Okay, I’ll do it.”

He actually didn’t order the ticket until that night, he wanted to tell Yoona his decision first when Yoona returned home with Minho saying Minho had approached her saying he’s a friend of Changwook’s, got lost while trying to look for his apartment and recognizes her from one of his photos.

—ღღღ-↛

Enamorarse de Nuevo

 

Silence. Dead silence. That’s how quiet it was in the car. It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say you could literally hear a pin drop. This is the first time he’s been alone with Yoona since that night on the roof. Without Hana in the car, it’s just plain awkward between them. They were on their way to meet Yoona’s company to sign some papers. Hana’s at daycare with J4.

He supposes he should at least try making small talk. They still have awhile before they reach the company. What should he say? How have you been? What did you do after I left? “So what got you into the modeling business?” He blurts out the first thing that comes to mind. J4 had been pretty vague about Yoona’s reasoning, maybe he’ll get better insight from the woman herself.

A minute passed then two. He’s certain she’s asleep or at least pretending to be. “I thought I told you to keep your distance.” She says.

Changwook’s slightly taken aback, still adjusting to this new side of Yoona he’s seeing. “No, you told me to keep my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter