Capitulo Trece

Enamorarse de Nuevo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sweet aroma of coffee hits Yoona’s nose before she enters the kitchen. “Morning.” Changwook greets her, holding onto a freshly brewed pot of coffee. “Coffee?”

Yoona nods and joins him at the kitchen counter. “Thanks for putting me to bed.” She says while Changwook pours the brown liquid into another cup. Sometime in between watching the movie she had fallen asleep and Changwook must have carried back to her bed because next morning Yoona found herself safely tucked in her bed.

“Have you gained weight? I thought my arms were going to fall off.” Changwook opens the refrigerator, takes out the milk and pours it in her cup. He adds a scoop of sugar, mixes it and hands it over to her.

“Shut up.” Yoona retorts back and glares at him cutely. She takes a sip of her coffee, stops and stares and at the content of the cup.

“Something wrong?” Changwook asks, noting a flash of sadness in her eyes.

She shook her head. “It’s good.”After all this time, he remembers. More milk than coffee and one scoop of sugar, just the way she likes it. Even she at times wasn’t good at getting the perfect balance.

“Here have a croissant.” He pushes a plate full of pastries and a bowl of fruits in front of her. “And some fruit.”

She archs a brow. “You just called me fat. And now you want to fatten me up even more?”

“Woah,” He held his hands up in defense. “Let’s be clear. I did not call you fat. I mentioned that you gained weight, which is a good thing. You could use some more.”

“You do know that I make a living off of my figure?” She gestures to herself from head to toe. His eyes follows her hand, raking over her figure. In the past she’s always had the golden ratio body, a subtle but lethal s-line figure that had men turning heads and women glaring in jealousy, but now her figure, with age and childbearing, was more defined, more feminine, and more dangerous than any known weapon to Changwook. He swallows hard, catching himself viewing her in a non-platonic way. Friends, they were supposed to be friends at best. Strangers who used to know each other and share a kid at worst. “Gaining weight would kill that livelihood.” It’s funny how easily they fell back to the routine of their bantering and being at ease with each other. Friends they could be friends.

“So I’ve been thinking.” Changwook starts off, remembering that he had to talk to her. “Can we hold off on telling Hana about me, you, us? There are some things I need to take care of.” Protecting Yoona and spending time with Hana had lulled him into living a somewhat normal life. Last night was a rude awakening or rather a reminder of why he was even in his current position. He still has a mission to complete. And the last thing he needs is to get Yoona or Hana hurt in the crossfire.

A week ago, she would have taken him wanting to hold of as a sign of him not ready for parenthood but after what she witnessed last night, it’s obvious that he still had some inner demons to take care off. “Sure, take your time. That’ll give you guys more time to get to know each other.” And if she had to be honest with herself, she didn't know how she would explain to the toddler who Changwook was. Would she even understand? What if she asked for details? 

—ღღღ-↛

Enamorarse de Nuevo

Paparazzo, a predator constantly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter