Capitulo Seis

Enamorarse de Nuevo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Promise me you’ll protect her.

I will protect her.

His promise to Sejoon repeats like a broken recorder stuck on the last two sentences. He’s been given the perfect reason to getting out of the job and yet he shot it down in a matter of seconds. He’s thought about this protection gig after his conversation with Yoona. Maybe it would be best if he didn’t protect her. He had other agendas he needed to complete and with him being a full-time bodyguard he could hardly see how he could have time. And a distracted bodyguard is never a good bodyguard. Plus it’s not like he still had feelings for Yoona, so what was it that compelled him to agree? Did he do the right thing? And with them being past lovers was he really the right candidate to protect her? Questions keeps forming faster than he could answer them.

Changwook sighs. He cares, maybe not in the way a lover cares, but he still cares for Yoona. He also felt guilty for the way things turned out between them. That’s why he agreed and because he’s the best of the best, formerly a highly trained JSS soldier, who’s well versed in hand to hand combat, guns, knives as well as assassinations. How is Sejoon going to find a better candidate than him? And god forbid what if he found an incompetent bodyguard that was unable to protect Yoona and Hana in the process. He’s doing the right thing...for now.

As Changwook glides into the driveway, he notices a white BMW that’s parked off to the side. He leans into the steering wheel and surveys the house. Nothing seems out of the ordinary. He checks his phone to see if J4 or K1 texted him of any intruders and found nothing. Turning off the ignition, he says to Yoona. “Wait here in the car, I need to check the house first.”

Yoona nods hesitantly in confusion and then spots the source of Changwook’s agitation seconds later. She opens to tell him she knows the owner of the car but he’s already heading for the house. “Sweetheart, look who’s here to see you.” She unbuckles the toddler from the car seat and carries her out of the car.

Changwook’s half way up the staircase when he hears the car door open. “I told you to wait in the car.” He hisses careful not to alert the potential intruder.

The young mother rolls her eyes, “And if you would have waited, I would have told I know whose car that is.”

“Oh.”

She slips past him, up the stairs and enters the house with Hana in her arms and Changwook following closely behind. The small chattering coming from the living room grows louder with each step they took. He can hear J4 gushing about the visitor’s acting, that could only mean one thing.

“Miss!” J4 greets and stands up upon seeing Yoona.

The visitor got up as well and turns around with a wide smile. “Uncle Bum!!” Hana wiggles out of her mother’s arms and runs to Bogum.

“Hana Banana.” Bogum scoops the toddler into his arms and leans forward with his cheek. Hana gives him a big sloppy kiss in response. “You too babe.” His lips spread into an even wider grin if that was possible when Yoona joins them. The couple shares a kiss with Hana squashed in between.

While J4 boldly watches even awing for a second, Changwook looks away. This is the first time he’s ever witnessed an ex kiss another man and he had to admit it was weird. The whole time their lips interlocked, his mind keeps comparing to how he used to kiss her.

“This is Changwook, my new daytime bodyguard.”

Bogum looks the said man up and down, surveying him to see if he was good enough to protect his girlfriend. Yoona’s mentioned him in her texts but didn’t say how handsome the guy would be. Changwook had the facial and physical features of a model. “Nice to meet you,” he holds his free hand up.

“And this is my boyfriend, Bogum.”

Boyfriend. It stings a little. There was a tenderness and love to the way she said the title, like the way she used to introduce him. Changwook takes the offered hand and shakes it with a squeeze. The younger man returns it with an equal force. It doesn’t escape his attention that he was in a protective stance between the two Ims. Bogum is manlier than he thought, now that he’s meeting the man in person. “Likewise.”

“I should go, early filming tomorrow but I wanted to come and see my babes as soon as possible even if it's just for a minute.” Bogum turns and says to Yoona.

What a up. Changwook thought, though he has to admit it is a very smooth move.

“Sorry dinner with my parents took longer than usual.” Yoona squeezes th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter