Capitulo Once

Enamorarse de Nuevo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning after the talk is surprisingly comfortable. Now that the cat is out of the bag and with them in an agreement Yoona feels relieved. She didn’t have to constantly worry about keeping them apart. “Hana sweetie uncle Changwook will be with you for the next few days. I need aunt Miran for work.” Yoona informs her daughter as she settles Hana into her booster. Everyone is in the dining room, ready for breakfast.

“Okay,” Hana accepts the change with ease. Changwook releases a breathe of relief he didn’t realize he is holding. A smile forms, he’s elated that she doesn’t mind spending more time with him. “Can we go to the water park after school?”

An odd emotion surfaces when both the father and daughter look to her for permission. For a millisecond it felt like they were a family. “Sure, if you want to.” She slips the bib onto the three-year-old. Don’t be ridiculous.

“You should come with mommy!” Hana shouts excitedly, raising her arms to prove a point.

Should she? She had nothing planned for the afternoon. However, this is his time to bond with Hana. She’s kept them apart for so long, she probably shouldn’t intrude. As if he read her mind, he gives her the permission she didn’t ask for, “You should come.” As much as he wants to spend time alone with Hana he also knows his limits. One afternoon with a three-year-old doesn’t equate to full knowledge of fatherhood. Speaking of being a father, he should go to the bookstore and buy some books on parenthood.

“Okay.” Yoona agrees, pleased by his invitation, it had nothing to do with spending time with him mind you. She’s certain he will keep Hana safe, seeing it will give her a peace of mind.

—ღღღ-↛

Enamorarse de Nuevo

Kindergarten was terrifying for Changwook, especially recess. He spent most of the time worrying about how Hana could potentially hurt herself, At some point during the day, Hana tripped over and he had immediately rushed to her side to make sure she was okay which she was. The teacher threatened to kick him out if he was going to coddle her.

He couldn’t help it, the feeling she stirred up was overwhelming and somewhat amazing. Sure, he thought Hana was adorable and liked her before knowing who she was but knowing she was his daughter, it boosted the like into love at a speed he never thought possible.

“Uncle Woo!” Hana comes running out of the family changing room, bringing him back to the swimming pool. He held his arm out and catches her with ease. “Look at my swimsuit.” Hana, now comfortably in Changwook’s arms, pointed to her tummy that’s covered up by a Wonder Woman swimsuit.

“It's very pretty.”

“Yours is pretty too!”

At this Changwook looks down at the swim trunks Yoona had thoughtfully bought for him, which he notes matches well with Hana’s. Being on the run meant necessities only and swim trunks was not a necessity. Speaking of the mother, he spots her a few feet away wearing a white long sleeve swim shirt paired with a loose pair of black shorts. “Let’s go on that!” Hana pats his shoulder eagerly, pointing to one of the kiddy rides. He waits for a nod of approval from Yoona first before following Hana’s wishes.

As stubborn as she may be sometimes there is no denying that Changwook is a natural with Hana, Yoona observes as she sits under the shade provided by the rented canopy. She finds it hard to peel her eyes away, watching him spend time with Hana was...captivating. It reminds her of the father-daughter moments she used to have with her dad.

Guilt tugs at her heartstrings. Her own selfishness had almost cost her these moments. Yoona purses her lips in concentration. If it’s a dad Hana wants then a dad she would get. Changwook clearly wants to be involved in their daughter’s life. And Hana seems extremely fond of him. Soon, they would tell her the truth.

“Did you guys have fun?” Yoona asks with a motherly smile as Hana and Changwook come walking straight towards her. She holds up a towel in each hand for them to dry off but the duo shakes their head in sync.

“Come and play with us mommy!” Hana tugs at her mother’s hand but to no avail. Yoona laughs at the toddler’s attempt. Hana peers to the bodyguard for help. Without a second thought, Changwook grabs Yoona’s wrist,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter