Six: Weak and Delicate

Be Somebody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cold.

Intense.

Freezing.

Numb.

Hyunji had forced herself to fall back into the water and within a split second, Haru jumped in after her and Jackson followed after.

Haru fought her way around the water as the waves were hard and tumbling on top of each other. She saw Hyunji floating with her back facing up not moving.

"HARU!"

Hearing her name, she knew it was Jackson calling out to her.

"JACKSON! HARU!"

Hearing other voices, it had to be Jaebum and Jinyoung.

Haru swam towards Hyunji and reached her body carefully moving her facing up before another wave came and pushed her down into the water.

"HARU!"

Jackson grabbed Haru from waist and pulled her up as she held onto Hyunji. "You ok?"

Haru coughed as some salt water went down . "Take her to shore, you're stronger than me."

He grabbed Hyunji carefully, placing his arm around her chest and swam back on his side. He would looked back a few times to be sure Hyunji's head was still facing up and checking if Haru was following behind.

The waves would continue to tumble on top of each other and crash on top of Jackson holding Hyunji and Haru would go down into the water but she always managed to pull herself back up for air.

At least five times, she swallowed water and having a salty after taste wasn't pleasant.

The power to feel arms and legs was beginning to fade for Haru. She saw Jackson getting close to the shore seeing Jaebum going into the water to help him. She was beginning to feel weak due to the freezing water. It was getting harder to keep going.

Jaebum.

Jinyoung.

Jackson.

Haru kept moving as much as she could.

A wave came and suddenly rose her up a few feet and crashed into the water. She closed her eyes and swallowed the saltiness again.

It's too hard.

It's too hard...

Please let me...live.

- - -

Jackson and Jaebum reached the shore and placed Hyunji down on the moist sand. Jackson was coughing as he laid down on the sand trying to catch his breath. Despite being in freezing cold water. He was no longer cold, he felt hot due to his lungs burning wanting oxygen.

Jaebum patted Hyunji's right cheek trying to wake her up. "Hyunji! Hey, Han Hyunji! Wake up Hyunji!"

He grabbed her shoulders, giving her a small shake.

"Come on Hyunji!" Jinyoung spoke looking down at her.

"I GOT THE TOWELS!" Mark came back running from the condo. He had left the moment Jaebum ended the call with Jackson from when he and Haru found Hyunji. Their search wasn't as far as the expected. 

Hyunji had been near the condo all along.

"She needs mouth to mouth. " Jaebum said as he lifted her head up a bit more and pinched her nose and placed his mouth on hers.

Come on Hyunji...wake up.

He moved back and gave two more puffs.

Hyunji... please don't leave...

He placed one of his hands on top of the other and interlaced them. He pushed down on her chest counting to ten. "Han Hyunji, come to your senses!"

He pinched her nose again and gave her three puffs of air going into her lungs. He moved back and counted to ten as he pushed down on her chest.

"HAN HYUNJI!"

Just when he was about to give another mouth to mouth, he saw her chest arch up and the next thing that happened she coughed up the saltwater she had swallowed. She opened her eyes and saw Jaebum by her side.

"Jae...bum?"

Her voice as weak and delicate.

Jaebum blinked the tears away that were forming in his eyes. He nodded with a smile as she adjusted to herself breathing again.

Hyunji felt herself tired and numb. "I... can't.. feel my legs."

"Well you did jump into the freezing water." Jinyoung said as he handed her a towel. "We need to get you inside."

Jaebum carefully pulled her into him and carried her bridal style. "I got you Han Hyunji. You're safe now."

Hyunji rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes.

I'm alive.

- - -

Just when Jinyoung was about to follow Mark and Jaebum back to the condo. He had forgotten about Jackson. He went towards him and felt his stomach drop.

"Jackson?"

Jackson was still laying on the sand as the rain wasn't so heavy anymore. He slowly pushed himself up and looked at Jinyoung. "Yeah?"

Jinyoung started to feel anxious.

"Jackson...where is she?"

Upon hearing his question, Jackson widen his eyes and stood up on his feet quickly.

"Jackson... WHERE IS SHE?" Jinyoung shouted at him. "WHERE IS MY SISTER!"

Jackson ran his fingers through his hair as he felt his stomach going into twists that he didn't like at all. He turned and saw the waves still rise high and crash against each other going hard.

!

"HARU! HARU WHERE ARE YOU!" Jinyoung shouted her name again looking around the beach. "JACKSON YOU PROMISED SHE WOULD BE WITH

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter