Three: Searching for Her

Be Somebody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day felt like a drag, waking up in mid day might have not been a good idea but his parents had gone back to work and he had two weeks off from school. Jaebum sighed as he stayed in bed for another ten minutes before pushing himself to sit up and rub his temples. He had a slight headache and he figured it was from all the crying.

Either that, or he needed more rest. But he felt like he can't hide at home for too long. He needed to go Hyunji's house to check up on her. It wasn't going to be simple since she is pushing him away but he had to be around her at least inside the same house as her to be sure she is ok.

He got up from his bed and went to the bathroom to take a quick wash. He wanted to relax for a bit before leaving. When the warm water was hitting his body, he closed his eyes and tried to block out everything in his mind.

He sighed as sudden tears were forming inside. He was thinking of Jihun. He was thinking about the last time he ever saw him and spent time together.

It was exactly five months ago.

- - -

"What about her?" Jihun smirked as he was looking at a girl walking past him and Jaebum. They were hanging out at the indoor mall having a drink from finishing their meal. Jihun was teasing the boy about not having a girlfriend since he is an attractive one.

Jaebum looked at the girl, she wore a blue jean skirt with a nice ruffle white shirt that matched her white flats with her beige bag hanging around her body. She was messing with her phone and smiled as she flipped her hair to the side like in those hair commercial products.

She is pretty but... not for me.

He smiled and looked down as he messed his straw of his to go cup. "She's ok."

Jihun scoffed and shook his head. "Yo, when are you going to make a move on a girl and take her out on dates? Do you plan to be alone forever?"

The young one rolled his eyes. Jihun was only a two months older than Jaebum, late 93 line, but he acted more like a brother who was two years older. "No, I just don't want to date anyone right now."

Jihun studied his facial expression and suddenly widen his eyes. "Oh I know where this is going!"

Jaebum snapped his head up and looked at the older one. "What?"

"Do you already have someone in mind?" He smirked with a wiggle of his eyebrow.

Jaebums' eyes suddenly widen and felt his heart skip a beat. "H-huh?"

"Could it be my sweet little sister Hyunji?" his smirk got wider than earlier.

The younger one gulped for a moment trying to moist his throat but it didn't work. He took a sip of his soda and cleared his throat feeling a bit better; expect he felt his heart jumping fast inside his chest. "I-I don't know what y-you're talking a-about."

Jihun broke out into laughter. "Ah come on man! You have it bad for my little sister since we were kids and you've always liked her."

Jaebum stayed quiet as he felt his cheeks heat up.

"Remember we when she left to Japan? You were sad for like five days and I had to get your out of the house so you can feel better." Jihun nudge him with his arm.

"You make it sounds like I'm in love with her." Jaebum nudge him back as Jihun kept laughing.

"Are you in love with her?" Jihun smiled and raised his eyebrows.

It was quiet the moment those last words came out. Jaebum didn't know if it was safe to answer that or not. Usually, older brothers are very protective of their younger sisters when they start dating or when they know a guy is trying to swoon her over.

He looked to the side and wondering what to say. He couldn't deny the fact that he did have a special feelings towards Hyunji. When they played together, she was like a sister he never had. He always envied Jinyoung and Haru playing together since they were fraternal twins. They still had each other.

Just thinking about Hyunji and the mention of her name he smiled automatically and couldn't stop unless Jihun was making a serious angry facial expression. Which he was when Jaebum turned to look at him. "Um.. do you still want me to answer that?"

Jihun's facial expression stayed serious for a moment and then broke into a smile. "You can answer me whenever you're ready."

Jaebum nodded feeling his heart slow its pace from pumping so fast. He took another sip of his soda and felt his phone buzz. He checked it and smiled. "Come on, Chansung Hyung, is waiting for us at HOTTEST PLACE."

"Awesome! Let's go shoot some pool!" Jihun stood up from his place and threw his drink away. "Call up Jinyoung to meet us there."

Jaebum nodded and texted his cousin.

- - -

Jaebum dried his hair with the towel as he sat on the bed. He had shed a few more tears in the shower. He wanted to stop crying but he knew it wasn't going to stop within the first two days. It takes time. Jihun was an older brother to him and he will never forget all the memories they shared together.

He sighed and put the towel to the side of his bed. He grabbed his cell phone to check if he had anything. He widen his eyes and saw the fourteen missed calls from a mix of Haru and Jinyoung.

What happened?

He saw the text messages he received from Jackson and Mara but they all said the same thing.

Call me. ASAP.

He decided to call Haru but as soon as it started to ring, he figured he should have called Jinyoung or Mara instead.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES WE HAVE BEEN CALLING YOU? WHY DON'T YOU ANSWER THE DAMN CELL PHONE!"

JB moved his cell away from the ear. "Last I checked, Haru's voice was a bit more feminine."

"THIS ISN'T THE TIME TO JOKE AROUND!" Jackson yelled into the phone. "HARU! JAEBUM IS ON THE LINE!"

He heard shouting on the other line from afar. He felt confused on what was happening. He sighed as he waited.

"JAEBUM!" Haru grabbed the phone out of breath and continued to speak. "We have a problem! Jinyoung and I got woken up by our dad saying that she never came home! She hasn't been home since last night! Her parents noticed some things missing and think she went somewhere. Jinyoung and I have been taking turns calling you and we have the boys looking around."

"Are you saying..." Jaebum was trying to let everything settle; all the information in.

"YES! JAEBUM! HYUNJI IS MISSING AND WE CAN'T FIND HER!" Jinyoung shouted into the phone.

"GET YOUR OUT OF THE HOUSE AND MEET US NEAR HAN RIVER!" Jackson shouted into the phone this time.

The cell phone that was in Jaebums' hand suddenly dropped to the floor as the call ended. He felt his heart drop to the bottom of his stomach and felt it turn into knots.

This can't be happening!

"!" he ran out of the room going to get his shoes but to stop in the hallway and ran back to his room picking up his phone and stuffed it in his pockets. He quickly put on his black and white shoes and ran out of the house.

Where are you Hyunji!

He ran quickly down the street care

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter