Five: Accepting Reality

Be Somebody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haru, Jinyoung and Jaebum stretched out their arms and muscles along with their legs from the flight. They each looked at each other and got off the plane.

Everyone got on the next flight that was available to go to Jeju Island but it turned out not everyone got the same seats.

Jackson ended up sitting next to BamBam and Youngjae on the left side of the plane. Mark, Mara and Yugyeom ended up in the back on the same side and the related family ended up sitting together.

There wasn't a chance to switch seats with someone since the seats were assigned to that person and Jaebum wanted his family next to him. Haru didn't argue since she knew he was blaming himself for Hyunji's actions.

It took the whole flight to convince him it wasn't. Her actions are her own.

Jaebum was the last one off the plane including the flight attendants. He sighed as he rubbed his temples from a massive headache he got. He was doing too much thinking and trying to distract his mind from anything happening to her.

I hope she hasn't done anything wrong.

He looked up and saw his friends huddled in a circle with their duffle bags or backpacks.

"So what's the plan?" Youngjae asked looking at Jaebum and Jinyoung.

"We need to head to the condo first." Jinyoung spoke up knowing Jaebum wasn't really in the mood to talk. "Then we will plan the rest. Haru take Jackson, BamBam and Yugyeom with you to the condo. Only three of us know where it is and its better if we just take taxi's than a bus."

"Won't it just be the same price?" Yugyeom said as he looked at Jinyoung.

"Yeah but even so, I doubt any shuttle buses will take us to the condo." Haru answered him. "Come on guys, let's go."

The first group left and Jinyoung looked at who was still around. "Ok next, Mara, Youngjae and I will go. Then Mark go with Jaebum please."

"Sure thing." Mark agreed.

"Sorry to break up you and Mara." Jinyoung smiled at him.

"Don't be, I'm not Jackson." He chuckled as Mara did the same thing. "He is the one you can't tear away from his girlfriend."

"Tssh, he loves her and its cute." Mara with a smirk. "It just shows he is very in love with her."

Mark rolled his eyes but still smiled. He looked at Jaebum; who was lost in his own thoughts. Jinyoung patted his cousin's shoulder getting his attention. "We need to go."

Jaebum nodded and started walking as Mark and the next group followed.

Please be ok.

- - -

It first started out with dew.

Then the dew turned into drizzle and then came the rain.

The walk turned into something longer than Hyunji expected. She didn't know where her feet was taking her, she only kept moving. Her head was spinning from every second and she stumbled as she walked.

She stretched out her arms trying to balance herself out but whenever she fell forward. She only laughed like a mad person. Every time she laughed, tears would stream down her face and she would stand up again and continue on her way.

Thunder and lightning were in a distance where the heavy waves of the beach would form and hit the shore harder than ever.

Smiling at such a view, Hyunji made her way over and slowly enjoyed the heavy rain as it hit her skin like a powerful pinch. Her vision would be blurry as the rain got worse.

She didn't care, she didn't care that it was dangerous to be out. She only wanted to get rid of the awful pain she was feeling inside. The soju seemed to be slowly wearing off but she managed to force herself to keep going towards the beach.

Every step she took on the sand, she felt her foot slide down with the sand. She moved herself to the shore to feel the water hit her ankles getting her shoes wet.

The water was freezing as if little pins were poking at her. She let out a crazy laugh and kept walking along the shore. Getting more wet by the shore she could feel herself trembling all over. Her clothes was already drenched due to the rain, her clothes sticking to her like a second skin and her hair was stuck to her face.

"This is almost everything I expected." she said to herself. She saw a streak of lightening closer than before and the thunder clapping up in the sky. She flinched for a moment but only smiled. "Perfect."

- - -

Once everyone arrived at the condo, they each picked out a room instructed by Haru or Jinyoung and met up in the living room. Haru was still in her room with Jackson as they sat on the bed.

"This weather is ugly." Haru whispered as she listened to the rain hit the window and saw the lightening flash across the sky.

Jackson put his arm around his girl and pulled her into his chest. He didn't like seeing her so troubled, especially in the last months of what she went through. He thought of something to lighten up the mood. "I sometimes forget you're rich. This condo is pretty nice."

Haru gave a small smile and moved up from her position. "It's a family friend condo. You know as well as I do, I don't like showing off the money."

He chuckled and kissed her forehead. "I know I just wanted to distract your mind."

"Thanks, but there isn't time for that. We have to go and look for her." She got up from the bed and before she could walk out the door Mara showed up with the flashlight.

"The boys are ready to go. The young ones and I will be stay along with Haru." She handed Jackson the flashlight.

"Oh, I don't think so." Haru walked past her and went down the stairs to meet up with Jaebum, Jinyoung and Mark. "I'm going with you guys."

"I don't think that's a good idea Haru." Mark said looking at her. "It's better if you stay."

"I agree with Mark on this one little sister." Jinyoung spoke looking at her.

Haru rolled  her eyes. "I'm not asking for your permission, I'm going."

"No you're not Haru!" Jackson came down the stairs along with Mara following behind. "I don't want to worry about you in this wea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter