Twelve: Be Somebody

Be Somebody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seven Months

It's funny how change can happen in a blink of an eye and it takes a while to adjust. It wasn't going to be easy but trying is the key to keep going on life because it stops for no one.

Hyunji was walking down the sidewalk as the busy people around her walking as well going to either their jobs, home or to meet up with a friend or boyfriend or girlfriend. Either way, life kept moving.

It had been tough on her the first few months, she thought she was healed when she didn't get anymore nightmares, but she had to jinx herself one night and called Jaebum over to stay until she fell asleep in his arms. They had woken up the next day in the same position from when the fell asleep but didn't seem bothered by it.

He had always been sweet and caring for her.

The news of her brother's death affected her a lot and when she went to Jeju Island a lot had happened. But despite of it all, she had the help of friends to help her and her parents were always there for her now.

It took time to adjust to knowing she would never see her brother again, but it wasn't the end for either of them. One night he came to her in a dream and told her not to be scared. He knew his mistake and he was sorry for ever being at that stupid scene. If he could, he would take it back.

Most importantly, he told her to be happy and live her life. She was in good hands with Jaebum and with his cousins and friends being around. She would be happy and safe all the time. Being around good people will give you a happy life. He told her to tell their parents, he loves them and will see each other again in the afterlife with peace.

The next morning, Hyunji was crying as she wished she could go back to sleep and dream of him again. She told her parents about the dream and they also shed a few tears as well. There was one time they had decided to go on vacation, but Hyunji wanted to invite Jaebum.

Her parents knew they were an item and he had helped Hyunji a lot with what happened and they agreed whenever they were to go out of town, he was welcomed to come as well. Family friends always stay close together since they eventually become family as well.

It took a while for Hyunji to get her life back on track at times, but Haru helped her when she could and it was sometimes easier to talk to her knowing their similar situations. Haru helped convince Hyunji to go back into school and study something.

At first Hyunji wasn't sure what to study but when she was walking one day with Jaebum, she saw a few kids playing outside their school and her heart melted as she saw them happily playing around. She smiled and thought of being a teacher but she wanted to be something better.

It took a while to keep thinking of what she wanted. She wanted to be somebody a person can look too when they have troubles or when they need someone to talk too.

She wanted to be somebody, she can be proud of and be happy.

Being somebody to someone in their life makes it better despite their troubles. She had decided to study being a therapist for young teens. That's when some teenagers start losing their way and want guidance to help in what to do.

She told her parents and they were glad she found something she wanted to do. She entered the university a month later and has been doing very well with good grades and most importantly she was happy.

Every now and then, she would sit in her brothers room and think about all the fun times, they had. She would have a smile on her face but always before she left, a tear would slide down her cheek. When her parents would catch her, they told her nothing but they gave her a hug. There was always going to be a whole in heart that can't replace where her brother once was.

But the only way she could fill it is to listen to his last words and live her life to the fullest. Everything would work out eventually. Jaebum ended up being attached to her just like Jackson is to Haru. She didn't mind it at all, she actually enjoyed it because her life was around him anyways.

Hyunji looked up and the cloudy sky as she kept walking until she reached the cafe her, Haru and Mara would always meet for lunch twice a week. She entered the cafe and saw Haru already talking with Mara looking at the phone.

"Hey girls." Hyunji walked over to him giving them each a hug and sat next to Haru. "What are you doing?"

"Just looking at clothes online." Mara said never taking her eyes off it. When Hyunji looked over to her phone, she saw men's clothing.

"Shopping for Mark?" Hyunji asked as she was looking for some money to get a drink.

Mara looked up with a smile. "Yeah, our anniversary is coming up and I'm not sure what to get him. Any ideas?"

Haru then snapped her fingers. "Order something from James Avery! They have nice rings, necklaces, and bracelets. You could probably get a good prince for matching rings."

"I can just get something like that here." she whined looking at her.

"Yeah but James Avery has cute things you can't say no too. Just look." Haru took out her phone showing her cute things already.

Hyunji shook her head. "I'll be back."

The two girls nodded and were looking at the phone. When Hyunji came back, she saw two boys sitting at the table laughing with the girls. It was Youngjae and BamBam talking amongst them. Just when she was about to sit down, they waved at her telling her a 'hi bye' and left.

"What just happened?" she asked tilting her head to the two girls.

Haru shook her head. "They want to go out clubbing."

"Jaebum will say 'no' for sure." Mara let a laugh. "Last time we went clubbing, Jaebum was pissed and went all 'Hulk' when a guy was trying to flirt with you."

Hyunji laughed and nodded her head. "We were only there for a few minutes and he had to go to the restroom. I went to get some water before it got crowded later with dumb drunks. Besides, I pepper sprayed that dude and it was just a onetime thing. What's the harm in going again?"

"Girl has a point," Haru sat back in her chair. "Jackson and I haven't been doing anything fun lately. I think we should go."

Mara rolled her eyes. "You guys are attached to each other and kissing. How is that not enough?"

Haru laughed and gave a nod. "True, but I want to make him a little jealous of me dressing up y and making sure no guy tries anything."

They all laughed when Haru gave them a wink when she said that.

"You're bad!" Mara smiled at her friend. "Fine, I'm in. I like the idea for me and Mark. I don't think I've seen him jealous over me before?"

Hyunji gave a nod. "I'm in too. Does this mean, I have to talk to Jaebum?"

Haru shook her head. "Nah, leave that to me, Jinyoung and Jackson."

"We might be asking for it later if it blows up in our faces?" the young girl asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter