Ten: Not Easy

Be Somebody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment Hyunji returned home, her parents welcomed her into a hug that had her mother burst into tears. Hyunji told them multiple times she was sorry for everything she had done including what had happen in Jeju Island. The look in her mother eyes were broken for her daughter and understood why she had done it.

But most importantly, her baby girl was alive and well.

Jaebum stayed by Hyunji's side ever since they got back to Seoul. Her parents never questioned anything and when they saw her hands shaking a few times, Jaebum ended up grabbing her hand and holding it. It was a comfort that she needed.

Tears were shed again.

Tissues were everywhere.

It had been three hours full of talk and getting everything out in the open. Hyunji was slowly starting to fall asleep but she wanted to request a favor to her parents.

"I would like for Jihun's room to stay the same." she spoke softly to them. "Every week I'll go in and clean up the room and make it nice. I don't want it to be touched and I would like for his bottled ashes to be in his room as well. It will save you all money keeping it in those places."

Her parents exchanged a look and both stood up.

"Come with us sweetheart." her father spoke holding out his hand.

Hyunji stood up and grabbed his hand following him up the stairs. Jaebum wasn't sure what to do. He wanted to let her have her time with her parents. He could see her making a lot of effort and it was only for a few hours. Even though he hadn't left her side since they had been back he didn't want to cross the line with her parents.

Her mother came down the stairs for a moment and smiled at Jaebum. "Thank you Jaebum."

He looked at her and shook his head. "It's nothing really."

"It's everything Jaebum. Jihun loved Hyunji so much and we know she would break soon yet knowing you, your cousins and friends made sure we would see her again." she placed a hand on his shoulder. "I had a talk with my husband and we had decided to leave Jihun's room untouched. It's something we can't bare to touch to put things away or anything. That's what Hyunji is looking at right now."

Jaebum nodded in understanding. "I would like to help her with her healing process. She did well in Jeju but I might need help with Haru since she had some experience. Although, Haru isn't speaking to me."

Mrs. Han smiled and sat down on the sofa and patted the spot next to her for Jaebum. When he sat down he looked at her to see what she was going to say.

"Haru is a strong girl now, just as she was once before her accident. You've been by her since you were kids. She will forgive you Jaebum, your family."

He sighed and looked away for a moment and heard footsteps coming down from the stairs. He saw Hyunji with a smile on her face as she looked at him. He tore the gaze and looked back at Mrs. Han. "Can Hyunji come with me for a bit? I'll bring her back home to rest."

She gave him a nod and looked at her husband. He also nodded and Hyunji grabbed Jaebums' hand and they left her house.

"Where are we going Jaebum?" Hyunji asked as she walked along with him.

"To my cousins." was all he said.

- - -

"Next season!" Jackson shouted at the TV then looked at his girlfriend.

"This is coming for you, who didn't even want to see it." Haru laughed as she got up going to the shelf where she kept all her DVD's. "When we got back you didn't even want to watch it."

"Yeah... well, Stiles makes it worth watching." Jackson commented back.

"I can't believe you're watching Teen Wolf again Haru." Jinyoung spoke as he munched on his bowl of popcorn.

"Be quiet, you like it too!" Haru grabbed Season three and placed the disc inside the player. Once everything was set, the door bell rang and everyone looked at the door. "Who's that?"

Jackson shrugged his shoulders. "Did you tell anyone to come over?"

Jinyoung stood up and walked towards the door. "I haven't spoken to anyone since I got back. What about you Haru?"

"No, I've only been talking to Natalie." Haru replied back.

"Your friend from London?" Jinyoung said back and opened the door to see who was there. He heard Haru reply a yes and he smiled as he saw who was standing outside. "I didn't think you would come here so soon."

Jaebum looked at his cousin and then at Hyunji. "It's only for a while. Can I come in for a bit?"

Jinyoung moved to the side and let them in. He saw them holding hands and kept the smile on his face as he shut the door.

Haru and Jackson were on their feet as soon as they saw who was coming into the living room. Neither of them said anything only stares were exchanged across the room.

Jaebum felt his heart jumping with full of anxiousness. He wasn't sure if it was the right time but he had to get it done. He let go of Hyunji's hand and walked closer to Haru. "I'm sorry for what I said back in Jeju. I went out of line and I told you to stay out of helping Hyunji. But honestly, I might need some help since you both have been through some eventful incidents. If anyone can help me, it's you Haru."

Haru looked him and saw the sincerity in his eyes and when she looked over to Hyunji, she couldn't explain it but she saw something. A hint of hope, of knowing that she will heal with the right people in her life. Haru then looked over to her twin and he gave her a nod.

Before she could even respond. Jackson slipped his hand with hers and gave it a squeeze. She then let a smile from her face and looked back at her cousin. "Say it again."

Jaebum gave her a confused look and gave a smile. "I'm sorry Haru."

She nodded and looked over to Hyunji. "How are you feeling?"

Hyunji let out a laugh as they made eye contact. "I'm ok right now. I'm actually tired. Although, I do want to apologize to your boyfriend for not making a good impression when we first met."

Jackson raised his eyebrows and chuckled. "It's fine. I'm Jackson Wang, best friends with these two and Mark and Haru's boyfriend."

"What a proper introduction." Jinyoung snorted as he looked at him.

"Shut up." Jackson commented back. "We didn't really have one since it was hectic around the past week. So let's just start again."

Hyunji nodded with a smile. "Nice to officially meet you, I'm Han Hyunji, childhood friend of these three along with my older brother and childhood crush on Jaebum."

Not only did Haru raise her eyebrows with a smile but so did Jinyoung and Jackson. Jaebum on the other hand felt his cheeks turning red and cleared his throat trying not to feel embarrassed but that was long gone.

"Oh payback is going to be sweet, isn't it Baobao?" Jackson chuckled as he looked at his friend.

Haru nodded and smirked. "It is."

"So are you two...dating?" Jinyoung asked as he walked around the sofa and decided to sit down.

Jaebum rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand and avoided some eye contact. "We are taking it slow, she is still healing. I don't want our emotions getting mixed up with this."

Jackson tilted his head in confusion. "You do realize that's how Haru and I started? Then you didn't approve of it."

Jaebum nodded remembering that time but let it go for his cousin's sake when he saw her smiling at Jackson.

Hyunji let out a laugh. "I'm still not healed from the death of my brother and Jaebum is right, I don't want to replace my feelings for him in the way of ignoring what just happened. That's why we agreed to take it slow and make progress along the way."

"That's somewhat understandable." Haru responded. "My situation was different and someone became attached to me."

"Oh please," Jackson moved from his place and wrapped h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter