Two: Hard Time Accepting

Be Somebody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyunji had been walking around looking at things through the windows trying to distract her mind. She felt like she was walking in some dream and she couldn't wake up from. She just wanted to see her brother Jihun and see him smiling down at her as he ruffled her hair.

She hugged herself using her arms as she continued to walk down the sidewalks. She wasn't sure how long it had been but the streets were empty and every five to six minutes a car or a taxi would drive by.

She sighed trying to see if any tears would come out but nothing. She felt frustrated with everyone around her.

Who does Haru think she is?

She thinks talking will help?

Hyunji scoffed at her thoughts and started walking across the street. She stopped somewhere near the other side of the street when her heart suddenly picked up its pace. She kept feeling anxious but then it would go away. She felt confused and -

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

Hyunji looked to the side and saw bright lights coming straight at her. She felt frozen in her place and widen her eyes for a quick moment before closing them.

Before she could feel anything, she was suddenly on the ground and didn't feel any pain. She opened her eyes to see a young boy with his arms around her. He had soft light blonde hair with adoring eyes. "Hey are you ok?"

She moved off him seeing how she was on top and moved back.

"Don't be scared, I just helped you move out of the way from the car that was about to hit you." he said getting up from the ground and dusted off his jeans. "Here, let me help you up?"

Hyunji didn't say anything, she only grabbed his hand that he held out and stood up on her feet. "Sorry."

He gave her a small smile."What's a girl like you doing out this late?"

"I could ask you the same thing?" she remarked at him.

He put his hands in his pockets and chuckled. "When I can't sleep I take walks. My girlfriend thinks I'm weird but I don't see anything weird about it."

Hyunji tilted her head and saw a familiar person running towards him. "I'm sorry, I have to go."

Before the boy could even ask what was wrong, she was already too far to even shout at her. He tilted his head at her feeling confused. "What was that about?"

Just as he turned around he saw two of his friend panting. They both stopped in front of him as they leaned forward catching their breath.

"Damn it!" Jinyoung shouted out. "I knew it was her!"

"You should have kept her talking Mark." Jaebum stood up straight closing his eyes trying to catch his breath. "Damn it, we were very close."

Mark looked at his friends and wanted to know what was going on.

"Jaebum!"

Jaebum turned around hearing his name and saw Haru and Jackson running up to them.

"What are you both doing here?" Jinyoung spoke finally and looked at his sister. "I thought we told you to stay home."

"Just because you're older than me by two minutes doesn't mean I'll always listen to you." Haru panted as she caught her breath.

"Yeah you don't even respect me." he pouted in front of her.

"She kept pacing and it was getting me anxious." Jackson spoke as he held the side of his waist. "I told her to stop but instead I see her running down the street following you guys."

"Did you find her?" Haru asked looking at her cousin.

Jaebum shook his head. "Jinyoung saw her in a distance and when we got closer, she saw us and took off."

Mark was really confused now. "Can someone tell me what's going on?"

The four looked at each other for a moment. Jackson was the first to lift up his hands in the air. "Hey this is related to you three, I'm only here for the support of my girlfriend."

Haru rolled her eyes but couldn't help but nudge him with her elbow. She looked at her brother and cousin and neither of them spoke. She sighed and felt a small lump forming in . "A childhood friend of ours recently died."

Mark stayed quiet as his eyes widen.

"We are looking for his sister Hyunji. She got upset and kept denying the news."  she suddenly felt chills going down her arms.

The older boy looked at his friends and frowned. "I'm sorry guys."

Jinyoung was messing with his phone and handed it to Mark. "Was this the girl you were talking too?"

Mark looked at the picture and opened his mouth a bit. "Yeah, she stopped near the sidewalk and a car almost hit her."

Jaebum snapped his head at him."What?"

He nodded and handed the phone back to Jinyoung. "Yeah, she is lucky I just turned the corner and I pulled her out of the way."

"Jeez..." Jinyoung hissed. "It's only going to get worse soon."

"She didn't look dazed or something. When we spoke she seemed fine but it was weird seeing a girl like her walking around at this hour." Mark said as he meet eyes with Jaebum.

"Getting off topic for a quick moment." Jackson suddenly butted in. "What are you doing out?"

Mark rubbed the back of his neck. "When I can't sleep, I go out for walks."

"Weirdo."

Haru rolled her eyes and smacked his chest.

"Ow!"

She looked around where they were and sighed. "This city is big, we all can't keep looking for her."

"You want to call it a night?" Jinyoung asked looking at her.

"It's early morning Jinyoung and she can be anywhere." She suddenly wrapped her arms around herself trying to keep warm.

"I'm going to keep looking for her." Jaebum suddenly spoke. "You guys can head back."

Jinyoung shook his head. "No, I'll stay with you."

"Same here." Mark said as he placed his hand on JB's shoulder. "I might not know her, but I'll help too."

Jaebum gave him a 'thank you' smile and looked back at Haru, who was starting to tremble. "Jackson, take Haru home."

"What? Jaebum I -"

"No," Jinyoung cut her off. "I can't worry about you too. Haru go home ok? I'll call you for any updates."

Haru sighed giving in and nodded. "Be careful."

Jinyoung ruffled her hair with a smile. "Jackson, take care of her."

Jackson smiled and placed his arm around her shoulders. "I always do."

Haru saw the three boys slowly jog off straight to see if they could find any leads.

"They will be fine Baby girl." He said looking at them.

Ignoring her nickname he gave her, she mumbled softly only loud enough for him to hear. "It's not them I'm worried about."

- - -

For two days, no one had heard from Hyunji.

Her parents were worried.

Jinyoung was worried.

Haru was worried.

Jaebum was worried.

The day of the funeral to take place, Jaebum stood next

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter