One: Not Ready

Be Somebody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just like any other day, Jaebum was out with his friends hanging out, doing things that could possibly get them into trouble but they always had an escape plan. If they were able to out run someone or the police, they would split up and call each other later meeting up. His life was always fun and games.

He always enjoyed it. Despite going to school and majoring in music and acting, he always made sure it was what he wanted in life. He never thought of being somebody else other than himself.

Laying down on the grass near Han River, he had his eyes closed as he was sun bathing for a bit. He had just ran away from his cousin Jinyoung and Haru for ditching them for the last minute. They were playing a game and seeing how they lost, he took off running before he got hit.

He smiled enjoying the sun during the cool weather since he knew it wasn't going to last too soon. It was going to snow soon but he wasn't sure when. He never really kept up with the news, Jinyoung and BamBam were the ones who always told him if he ever asked.

He felt a buzz coming from his pocket as it ruined his sun bathing. He didn't want to answer it but he knew if he didn't it wouldn't stop. He sighed and answered the phone without even checking the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" it was his cousin Haru on the other line. "Jackson stop it!"

Jaebum chuckled hearing her voice rise up at her boyfriend. It was funny since she didn't want to be around Jackson a year ago, but with his help, they learned to get along and before they knew it, they each ended up falling for one another.

"Jaebum, seriously where are you?" she asked again on the other line.

"I'm sun bathing near Han River. What's going on?" he replied back to her.

"I got a call from your dad wanting us to go back to your house. Jinyoung and I are on our way now." She sighed into the phone. "I'm trying to get there if Jackson ever let's me go."

"NEVER YOU'RE MINE FOREVER!"

Jaebum moved his phone away from his ear as he heard Jackson screaming into the phone. "What about everyone else?"

"Hey you're the one who ditched us remember?" Haru chuckled into the phone. "Mark and Mara went to go do something. Youngjae, BamBam and Yugyeom took off about ten minutes ago. Jackson is the clingy one that doesn't want to release his girlfriend."

"You make me sound like I'm bad to clinging onto you." Jackson replied.

"Haru, do you have me on speaker?" Jaebum got up to his feet and dusted off the dirt and grass from his jeans and shirt.

"Yeah, it was Jinyoung's idea." she answered back. "Oh you're mom is calling me."

Why would she be calling Haru?

"I'll see you at home." he ended the call and started walking to the nearest street looking for a taxi to take him home.

- - -

Thoughts were going through his mind trying to figure out what was going on. He called his mom the moment he got into the taxi. The only thing she told him was to come home and wait for Haru and Jinyoung if they weren't there. But if they arrived first, they would be waiting outside together.

Jaebum was started to worry.

What is going on?

He sighed as he looked out the window trying to block everything out of his mind but he couldn't it only made him feel more frustrated. He sighed and scratched the back of his head trying to shake off the feelings.

Arriving at the familiar neighborhood, he asked the driver to stop the car and he would walk the rest of the way. The driver pulled over and Jaebum paid him. He stuffed his hands in his pocket and continued to walk going up the steep hill. He sighed trying to shake of the feeling he was getting inside his chest.

It wasn't a good feeling and his mind was curious to know what was really going on. He looked up seeing his home in view and for a moment he saw two people standing by a silver car. He picked up his pace and met up with the two siblings.

"Haru, Jinyoung, what's going on?" he asked as his chest rose up and down.

"Why is this car here?" Haru asked looking at her brother then cousin.

"What's' wrong with it being here?" Jaebum asked furrowing his eyebrows. "It's just a car."

Jinyoung shook his head. "It's not just any car Jaebum. This is the Han's car."

Han?

Wait a minute...Jihun and Hyunji's family car?

"I don't like this feeling you guys..." Haru put her hand over her chest.

"We should get inside and see what's going on." Jaebum headed in first leaving the siblings for a moment.

As soon as the three of the entered the house hold. There were four grown up sitting in the living room in silence. Jaebum looked at his parents.

Jaebum looked at his mom and noticed her eyes were puffy. She blew her nose and held tissue in her hands.

"Haru, you look just like your mother." Mrs. Han spoke trying to lighten up the mood. "I'm sure your brother takes good care of you."

Jinyoung smiled at her. "If it's not me, its Jaebum or Jackson, her boyfriend. He is crazy about her."

"Are we waiting for someone else?" Jaebum asked trying to get back to the reason why they were asked to be home.

His mother shook her hand. "Your uncle will be flying in tomorrow. He already knows about..."

"Dad is coming back? For how long?" Haru asked her aunt.

"What's going on?" Jaebum threw out the question. All four of the grownups looked at each other and before anyone could say something Mrs. Han started crying. She covered her face with her hands feeling embarrassed trying to hold in her tears.

"I'll tell them." Jaebum's father spoke clearing his throat.

The three young ones turned to look at him and waited for what he had to say next.

- - -

It was eleven at night and Jaebum stood outside the airport wondering when was the best time to go in. He couldn't move from his spot. He had been too busy trying to hold back his tears and trying to be strong for the person he was about to see.

Hyunji.

He hadn't seen her a year ago, since she left to study abroad in Japan. She had always wanted to go. Her parents finally caved in and let her go for the experience. She wanted to study their culture and history. It wasn't an exchange program, it was just a learning experience.

Jaebum felt his phone buzz inside his pocket. It was a text message.

Jinyoung:

Don't tell her anything.

Haru is a wreck right now, I called Jackson over for her.

He sighed putting his phone back into his pocket.

Jackson is the best comfort for Haru.

He felt tears forming in his eyes again and he looked up at the night sky trying to blink them away. He couldn't do this right now. Why did his parents send him to do this? He wasn't sure if he was even ready to see Hyunji right now.

With what he was just told a few hours ago, he wasn't sure if he could keep it a secret for so long. He let out a breath and had to be strong in front of the girl he was about to see.

He walked into the airport and saw people walking out from the different terminals. He looked around hoping to find her. He was surprised it was even packed at this hour. He turned his head to the side and saw a girl with da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter