6. Despicable

the smile that ruined mine

You know how things work in this world.

Someone says something, someone say another then your mind thinks about a totally different thing.

It never ends.

However when you try to make a decision, your mind is clouded like you're in the midst of a think fog.

And you feel something tugging - well for me it was pain.

Pain in my heart.

Often the choice that we want to make is ovbvious, but we want to arrange our thoughts logically and realistically.

It never works.

 

I hear my phone ringing.

It was Saturday....I never wake up til my eyes were completely swollen.

RING. RING. RING.

'Argh!'

I aim my finger in my guess would hit the button sooner or later.

 

'YAH!' was the first thing I hear and that just made me confused.

Huh?

I furrowed my eyes and tried to recall that voice.

But no, I didn't know who it was.

But the voice made me upset.

What now?

I was tired.

 

'YOU'RE LATE!'

Late?

For what?

Suddenly I leap out of bed and my eyes shot wide open like in those dramas.

It was Saturday.

And that meant that I was supposed to be there.

 

Without thinking much anymore, I hung up and dropped my phone on bed, rushing to my closet to pull out anything to wear.

 

Throwing on a black hoodie and a dark jeans, I quickly grabbed my necessities and ran to the bus stop nearby, which coincidently had a bus that was just loading up.

Thank goodness.

I glance at my phone and noticed I had received many messages.

At this, I recalled last night....

 

- FLASHBACK - (NO ONE'S P.O.V)

 

"Uh?"

Jieun bit her lip and questioned her words for second, before mumbling.

"We can go together? Like you two and me and my classmate....we're going to do a school project there."

"You sure though? I mean I don't mind but how about your classmate?"

Jieun shrugged. "He wouldn't care much."

"Oh, well I'll ask Dasom."

Jieun flinched unconsciously at the name, but nodded her head. "Mmm. Okay"

"I''ll see you tomorrow nevertheless. Promise to at least meet for lunch?"

"Promise," Jieun replied with a slight chuckle.

 

- END OF FLASHBACK - (Jieun's P.O.V)

 

9:45AM.

Was it my fault for being late?

I didn't sleep until like 6:00AM, and it's all because of him.

My mind kept wandering and wandering, going in circles and it never seemed to end.

 

I tightly closed my eyes.

Is this right? Why did I feel bad? Why should I feel bad?

I click the messaging app, revealing a row of messages.

I immediately deleted the messaging history, not even bothering to take look.

He was such a bother.

 

RING RING RING.

'Hello?' I said.

'Where are you?' And man, was his tone completely just mean.

'Where do you think I am?' I replied softly but with annoyance as I rolled my eyes.

'Hurry up.'

'Where are yo-'

'Right here.'

'AH!' I scream embarassingly as I jump on the spot before realizing that he was right behind me.

 

I glare at him before finding his dark clothes a wierd spectical.

'What's with the hat?' I point skeptically. It covered his face - what did he think he was popular or was like a celebrity?

'Shut up and buy me something,' he said shortly before walking in a particular direction.

I scoff for a second before quickening my walk to follow him.

What was his problem? And as if I was going to use my hard-earned money to buy this guy that I barely know and who is completely impolite and lack everything in a likeable person, good food.

He does not deserve anything nice.

 

'Here.'

'Huh?' I look left then right. He was pointing to the churros shop.

I shook my head and let out a scoff.

'As if...I want to finish this school project then leave,' I said before walking off as if I was in a rush, though I had no idea what I was doing.

Honestly I didn't even remember, what exactly was the task.

I groan in frustration, as my mind made the conclusion that I had to either find him or I could just message him.

Though it only occurred to me then, that I had deleted the message account which was the only form off communication with him.

That meant that I had to find him, somewhere in this super sized amusement park.

Just great.

 

Of course, using my sense of intuition I first tried to retrack my steps to that churros shop but realised that in my anger at everything in my life, I had wandered and now could not remember how I got where I was.

Then after 15 minutes of walking around and making myself more lost, I remembered that there as something called a map.

Ha.

My mind always get dumb when I'm worried.

I roll my eyes at my stupidity before trying to find a information center somewhere in this maze of a place.

 

I walk and walk and walk.

Thank goodness I wore sneakers instead of those sandals that I have a habit of wearing when I was in a rush.

Then being the most stupid person who could have possibly lived, I realised that there were also these things called signs.

But at this point I had already given up.

 

'Screw the project...' I muttered when I smelled the scent of delicious doughnuts. 'And him...'

I walk up to the counter and glance at the doughnuts under the glass cabinets.

I order a 12 doughnut deal as I had already wasted 1 hour walking around and my tummy was rumbling like thunder.

Even though I probably spent more than one third of my earned money for these sweet and considerably unhealthy treats, they were so good and I had no regrets.

I sipped the free coffee and slowly munched through the donut in my hand.

Somehow I felt my brain tiring and my energy decreasing as somehow the thoughts of him and her came to my mind.

 

Then as if everything I thought had to come true, I saw something in the distance.

Without thinking for another second, I quickly sat in the corner near the window of the shop of course remembering to grab my doughnuts.

I felt a slight sting of guilt as I watched them. Somehow I felt bad even when I tried to reason myself that I was doing nothing wrong.

'Don't tell me....' I said softly when I realized that they were coming closer and closer.

And yes it was them....unfortunately.

I felt my blood boil and yet my stomach grumbled in nervousness.

I watched with a certain glint in my eye.

 

I was so absorbed in my thoughts and what I was seeing, that I did not realize someone had sat right in front of me.

'Yah.' A voice said in the (seemingly) distance and suddenly felt sharp pain on my forehead.

Immediately grabbed my forehead and clenched my teeth in pain.

'What was that for?' I said trying to be as calm as possible and literally used all my strength and muscle to prevent myself from doing something aggressive to the guy in front of me.

'I was looking everywhere for you and I even contacted you!'

'Oh really?' I said in disbelief, though still continuing to munch my doughnuts.

'Well I've finished-' he said slamming the clipboard on the table, with not the slightest sense of public awareness. 'I've done my part and the rest is yours. So I'm going home to sleep.'

'I'll consider this my payment for you lateness, now if you'll excuse me I have more important things to do....' He then grabbed a donut and slowly walked away without a second thought.

 

Wow.

I was speechless at his behaviour that my mouth was literally left hanging.

How could someone be so......so despicable.

Though I had to admit, I was surprised that his content for our homework was actually quite good.

'Huh! What a person....'

 


AUTHOR'S NOTES: 

HELLO Everyone!

I'm back after nearly three months! And I can't apologize enough for the late late late update :) Hopefully this chapter although honestly nothing much happened, was one way or another interesting though LOLZ as if anything I do can be that interesting.

So just noting on a few things:

I actually don't think this would be a long story maybe 20 chapters at most, unless I add another situation in which I would rather not. I have not been able to complete any stories and would love to actually feel the satisfaction of completing something in my life. Also I would be updating much more frequently, and I know I say that all the time but this time it's for real! 

AND LASTLY A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE SUPPORTERS WHO MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE FORGOTTEN THAT THIS STORY EVEN EXISTS :)

SEE YOU IN A WEEK OR SO ^-^  HOPE YOU SOMEHOW, ENJOYED IT!